Old 30th October 2005, 05:25   #1
astro-g

Send a message via ICQ to astro-g
plugging in my ipod crashes winamp

this has been happening ever since I used the updater to re-format my ipod, after the itunesDB file got corrupted, and I could only listen to a few of the songs on the ipod.

Anyway, is ther a work around? or do I need to move back to an older version of the firmware?
is there a simple way to do that?
astro-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2005, 18:01   #2
shepard

A few more details on your setup, please.

You say you used the updater to "format". Did you really use the "restore" option to set it back to factory settings? I assume all your music is backed up on an external drive or DVDs or something.

Do you use iTunes and Winamp both? Is yes, then why? Are you trying to get away from having to use iTunes? If you want to use Winamp only and not iTunes, uninstall iTunes from your computer and use a registry cleaner to get rid of all leftovers. I use jv16 powertools.

Then format your iPod through iTunes as described in several recent threads.
shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2005, 19:44   #3
Svetoslav

Quote:
Then format your iPod through iTunes as described in several recent threads
He ment Then format your iPod through Winamp as described in several recent threads.
Svetoslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2005, 21:55   #4
astro-g

Send a message via ICQ to astro-g
I have iTunes and winamp both, I was using winamp to manage my music, and Itunes to get, and copy podcasts.

Anyway, I ended up completely wreking the filesystem on the ipod, windows saw the drive, but couldnt open it, itunes and winamp and the update tool all refused to beleive it was an iPod, in the end i formatted it using the DOS format tool (disk manger wouldnt do it either) then I did a factory restore with the latest updater (which i believe formatted it again)

I could use winamp for podcasts now, I havent tried it yet, does it support bookmarking?
and will the iPod plugin use the seperate pocasts section?
astro-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion