Old 28th October 2005, 18:45   #1
mattfletchermor

iPod Nano Plays only half of Song

I have just bought an iPod nano, and for some reason iTunes crashes my PC. So I have tried mliPod and it seemed to work perfectly.

That is until I tried to listen to the songs. When I listen through my iPod, they play until half way, then go to the next track.

I have checked the files on my PC and they are fine, I have even loaded them manually from my iPod into Winamp and they work there, so I am stuck for ideas.
mattfletchermor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 15:43   #2
Svetoslav

Backuo Music
Restore & Format iPod
Reinstall Plugin
Try Again
Svetoslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 21:17   #3
shepard

Most people using iTunes on Windows XP systems have little trouble, but a small percentage have system crashes caused by iTunes. This small percentage of people is still numbers in the thousands and thousands. I was one of them. Spent many, many hours working with the experts trying to get iTunes to work. Finally took someones advice and tried Winamp and it not only worked flawlessly, I like it better than iTunes. I just got an iPod and still don't even have iTunes on the computer. I just stopped the installation after the iPod updater installed, but you can download the installer alone and never even use the CD that came with your iPod.

If you have any trouble at all with iTunes, I would get rid of all traces of it, (uninstall and use a registry cleaner, I use jv16 Power Tools). Then just go the Winamp and ml_iPod route.
shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 21:18   #4
mattfletchermor

I have never installed iTunes on this machine, I used a totally separate machine to try and avoid conflicts.

What is this iPod updater though, I don't know that I have ever heard of it?
mattfletchermor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 22:13   #5
shepard

The updater is the program that comes with iTunes on the cd with your iPod. I installed it and not iTunes. I used it a few days ago when I first got the 5G iPod, but not since. I assume it is the way to keep the firmware etc.on your iPod up to date.
shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 22:43   #6
Svetoslav

You can find it separately on the Apple web site
Here - http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

After you install it, just run the iPod Updater 2005-10-12.exe or whatever the last version is.

With it you can update the firmware of your iPod (won't delete the songs) or restore it (will delete everything)
Svetoslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion