Old 4th November 2004, 21:48   #41
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by kunzi_n
So you have to go somewhere to believe? Sounds pretty insecure to me.
WRONG, I go because I believe. That's the trouble with non-Christians, and people who are Christians when its convenient... a very deep misunderstanding of a Christian's motivation, inner feelings, and beliefs.

Quote:
Originally posted by spiderbaby1958
CNN reports that the Cheshire Cat's head was seen floating over Cleveland.
Wow, they must have started selling Cabo Wabo there. I see him almost every night!

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2004, 23:17   #42
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
WRONG, I go because I believe. That's the trouble with non-Christians, and people who are Christians when its convenient... a very deep misunderstanding of a Christian's motivation, inner feelings, and beliefs.
It seems like a deep undervaluing of the Christian faith to associate it so closely with a building. That's like catholicism or something.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2004, 23:57   #43
Kickboy12

Send a message via ICQ to Kickboy12 Send a message via AIM to Kickboy12 Send a message via Yahoo to Kickboy12
Quote:
Originally posted by sidd
er? you sure about that one?

science is all about reform after reform. it continually proves itself wrong.
Your the second one to point that out. Hypothesis are part of the scientific process, and they are proven wrong. However, I have yet to hear of a hard theory being proven wrong any time in the last century.

[@imho] man
[@imho] I had dreams about unit testing last night :-(
[@sim`a] i have nightmares about syntax errors, whats your point
Kickboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2004, 00:00   #44
Kraken

Wow...don't mean to get off-topic and get back to the topic (sort-of)...

But of course the media was spewing about Kerry winning the election! Did it not occur to you guys that the media may be a bit biased?
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2004, 00:01   #45
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Well, right now its
http://www.indystar.com/library/fact...1/victims.html
and
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3636340.stm

Vs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3964311.stm

Eye for an eye right?

[2.25 American soldiers are dying every day in Iraq. Who knows how many civilians that 10,000 is composed of.]

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?

Last edited by Myxomatosis; 5th November 2004 at 01:58.
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2004, 02:01   #46
Kickboy12

Send a message via ICQ to Kickboy12 Send a message via AIM to Kickboy12 Send a message via Yahoo to Kickboy12
Quote:
Originally posted by Kraken
But of course the media was spewing about Kerry winning the election! Did it not occur to you guys that the media may be a bit biased?
I hate the media. I want them to die.

FUCK YOU FOX NEWS!

[@imho] man
Old 5th November 2004, 02:21   #47
Shalken Rebirth

Quote:

It could simply mean that the majority of the people felt strongly enough to re-elect Bush. [/B]
Amusing - the Majority of no one voted for nothing my friend. The Electoral College voted for Bush, Yes perhaps by Popular vote he'd have wona as well, but you kow what? We do not count for anything in these elections. The Electoral College is what does the real voting.
Shalken Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2004, 03:19   #48
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

The popular vote in each state is what drive the Electoral vote. There are Electors for each party and the winning party's Electors get to vote. Sounds like we do count my friend.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 5th November 2004, 14:17   #49
Shalken Rebirth

Wrong again my friend. There have actually been cases whee the Electoral College voted for someone other than the canidatre that was chosen by the Popular vote.

So again - the Popular vote in most cases is meaningless.
Old 5th November 2004, 16:14   #50
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shalken Rebirth
Wrong again my friend. There have actually been cases whee the Electoral College voted for someone other than the canidatre that was chosen by the Popular vote.

So again - the Popular vote in most cases is meaningless.
No, that doesn't prove me wrong. The parties choose their electors in most cases. You vote for the party. In 26 states, the Electors must vote for their party's candidate by state law. In the other states the Electors can vote for who ever they please (but they generally follow party lines, or they lose their job). Except for Nebraska and Maine, the winner of the popular vote in a state takes all of the Electoral vote from that state.

You can read up on it here and here.
You also might want to read this.

So, my friend, I guess you're the one that's wrong.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 5th November 2004, 18:02   #51
zootm
Forum King

Think of electoral college as an obscenely oversimplistic "rounding off" of segments of the overall popular vote. That's essentially what it is.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2004, 21:12   #52
Shalken Rebirth

Funny - but that does not explain to any extent why the Electoral College would vote against a Popular vote.

Now - as for the linked material? Want me to read it, send it in a PM, text copied and then pasted. I don't go clicking every little hyperlink I see.

Back on topic - statistics show only what happened. They do not show why such things happen. Articles and other information are generally biased.

Have any unbiased information for me?
Old 5th November 2004, 22:02   #53
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Funny - but that does not explain to any extent why the Electoral College would vote against a Popular vote.

Now - as for the linked material? Want me to read it, send it in a PM, text copied and then pasted. I don't go clicking every little hyperlink I see.

Back on topic - statistics show only what happened. They do not show why such things happen. Articles and other information are generally biased.

Have any unbiased information for me?
WTF? I supplied proof that I am not wrong. If you don't want to read my refernces, that's your problem, Jack. I got better things to do than serve it up to you warm on a silver platter. If you're to friggin' lazy to click your mouse to verify my references, then don't challenge me by saying I'm wrong.

This info is about as unbiased as you can get, since it comes from the source, the Federal Election Comission.

Back on topic: I don't know why the Electors would vote against their party. I didn't supply the info as to why, just the info as to why the could or they could not on a state by state basis. I guess you'd have to ask one...

Idiot's Advocate
Old 6th November 2004, 01:02   #54
spiderbaby1958
Major Dude

Quote:
Do "Christians" really understand the motivations, inner feelings and beliefs of "non-Christians" any better? I don't get the impression that they do.

One thing we need to remember when asking these questions is that one fact is true of just about all groups: conservatives, liberals, feminists, gays, muslims... etc.

Of any particular group, the most obnoxious members tend to be, by definition, the most visible. A lot of misunderstanding comes from this. The most compassionate and respectful Christians are not the ones who are running for President and asking for money on TV. The kindest and most morally sound muslims are not the ones who appear in videos decapitating innocent civilians. The quiet, decent gentle people are all around us, and they come in all varieties.
spiderbaby1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 03:34   #55
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

I liked how everyone, even people on my side ignored my post. As if 14,000 lives don't matter.

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Old 6th November 2004, 06:21   #56
Mattress
Forum King

Re: Re: Why Bush Won...

Quote:
Originally posted by will
Agree with the iraq war or not, hundreds of thousands have died. Why is this insignificant in the face of greatly fewer fetuses?
Uh, there have been over 30 million abortions since Roe v Wade in 1973. That's one million abortions each year on average.

in response to other stuff in this thread:

read this Article from Slate, it's about the gay marriage bans on ballots.

Quote:
Originally posted by kunzi_n
By the way you will never be enlightened, you go to church. In my experience people who 'need' to go to church can't think for themselfs, that is why they don't just worship at home.
I heard that a really good way to make people see your point is to insult them.

I believe in God, I can have a relationship with him without attending church, I go to church so that I can learn more about God. In my church, no one told us how to vote, no one even told us that we should vote.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kickboy12
However, I have yet to hear of a hard theory being proven wrong any time in the last century.
How about Newton's laws of physics? They break down when you start approaching speeds near that of light.

Myxomatosis, what were you saying with your post? that we've more than made up for the deaths on sept 11th with the war on terror?
Is that what the terrorists believe? Will this prevent future terrorist attacks?
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 17:49   #57
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

I'm just saying:
We've killed/are losing too many people.
We've found no evidence of WMD
And Saddam's gone.
Why are we still fighting?

Old 6th November 2004, 17:56   #58
Mattress
Forum King

if we left, what do you think would happen to Iraq?

it would be irresponsible to leave it in such a huge fucking mess, there would probably be civil war, someone would arise eventually as a new dictator, probably someone worse than saddam. Or another likely possibility is that Iran would invade and take over Iraq.

We're also fighting because we believe we can set up a democratic government in Iraq, we believe the majority of the people in Iraq didn't like saddam and don't like violent islamic extremism. We believe democracy can work for these people, and we believe they want it.
Old 6th November 2004, 20:20   #59
Shalken Rebirth

Cabo - reread a post before you reply to it. Did I say you were wrong? Nope - not yet.

As for being lazy? Nope - if you have the information it is just as easy to have it copied directly from the source as it is to link to it.

Now: Back on topic for myself.

Iraq: we are not the World's Police Force. Simple as that. Granted folks, we armed Iraq ourselves. In this instance one could say we were simply cleaning up a mess we made.

But after this? If the rest of the world wants us to act on something, then we should act - otherwise we need to stay out of other Countries.
Old 6th November 2004, 21:07   #60
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Cabo - reread a post before you reply to it. Did I say you were wrong? Nope - not yet.
If you didn't say I was wrong, then please explain how I misinterpreted this...
Quote:
Wrong again my friend.
WTF?, Does this not mean you felt I was wrong at least twice?

Maybe you need to re-read what you wrote! LOL.

Quote:
As for being lazy? Nope - if you have the information it is just as easy to have it copied directly from the source as it is to link to it.
I'm sure you are aware, that if you post an opinion about someone else's views and they don't publicly respond, then everyone else assumes they have conceded the point. In other words 'pwned'. You posted your opinion in a public forum, so you get a public response, at least from me. If you want to keep things private, then PM me instead of using the forums.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 6th November 2004, 22:40   #61
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
if we left, what do you think would happen to Iraq?

it would be irresponsible to leave it in such a huge fucking mess, there would probably be civil war, someone would arise eventually as a new dictator, probably someone worse than saddam. Or another likely possibility is that Iran would invade and take over Iraq.

We're also fighting because we believe we can set up a democratic government in Iraq, we believe the majority of the people in Iraq didn't like saddam and don't like violent islamic extremism. We believe democracy can work for these people, and we believe they want it.
Those extreme islamics make up small groups(like the Shite). For the most part, the people practice Islam like people here practice Christianity. I think that is a generalization may make.

Old 7th November 2004, 03:43   #62
Mattress
Forum King

actually the sunni are the minority group in Iraq, most of the muslims are shi'ite (just like in Iran).

Anyway, how is that a response to what i mentioned in my post?
Old 7th November 2004, 06:34   #63
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

I don't think the Iraqis are as hostile as they are portrayed to be. Afterall, many civilian targets were hit...

Old 7th November 2004, 16:35   #64
Mattress
Forum King

yes but there is a significant force of hostiles in that country who would probably be happy to take over the entire country should we leave. And what about Iran? They massed their troops on the Iraqi border supposedly to maintain their border but probably also to invade if we decide to pull out.
Old 7th November 2004, 17:51   #65
Shalken Rebirth

Cabo: Was I reffering to the post about the Electoral College occasionally voting against the popular vote? Nope. I was reffering to the post after that. Please refrain from making an assumption unless you are able to tell which post I am refferencing. As for being 'pwned', please - I am assuming you are intellegent. If this is correct, kindly refrain from using Internet slang.

As to using a Private Message - those are for matters that merit them, not for the direct public display of information. I will only be sending out a Private Message if the situation actually becomes personal.

Thank you.

On topic: Simply put - why should we be trying to police the World? We do not beling in most matters, the UN however does.
Old 7th November 2004, 20:14   #66
Mattress
Forum King

yes the UN has proven itself to be a WONDERFUL and USEFUL organization.

Just ask Bosnia, Rwanda, and Darfur.
Old 7th November 2004, 21:38   #67
Kickboy12

Sigh...

[@imho] man
Old 7th November 2004, 22:22   #68
Mattress
Forum King

that's pretty shitty.

bush still won ohio by more than 3000 votes though
Old 7th November 2004, 23:44   #69
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Originally posted by Kickboy12
Sigh...
Floats over link...
sees that it's CNN...
completely disregards post.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 01:31   #70
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Wasn't Bush Catholic at one point?

[Nothing intended, just heard a rumor.]

Old 8th November 2004, 04:15   #71
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Cabo: Was I reffering to the post about the Electoral College occasionally voting against the popular vote? Nope. I was reffering to the post after that. Please refrain from making an assumption unless you are able to tell which post I am refferencing. As for being 'pwned', please - I am assuming you are intellegent. If this is correct, kindly refrain from using Internet slang.

As to using a Private Message - those are for matters that merit them, not for the direct public display of information. I will only be sending out a Private Message if the situation actually becomes personal.

Thank you.

On topic: Simply put - why should we be trying to police the World? We do not beling in most matters, the UN however does.
You didn't specify you weren't talking to me and the rest of that post (about sending a PM to you) was obviously directed at me.

Please don't criticize my choice of expression. I could just as easily say something about your intelligence when it comes to spelling.

Now you say that PM is for something that merits it... after telling me that's the only way you want my response. I'm not going to play this silly game. I'm done.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 8th November 2004, 17:33   #72
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

well, just thinking....

If marriage is so sacred, why don't Bush outlaw divorces?

I'm quite confident the US has the highest divorce rate in the world, so what is he defending? it's actually higher than Belgiums and Hollands - who allows gay marriage
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 23:48   #73
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
Originally posted by Myxomatosis
Why are we still fighting?
The answer:

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middl...ustry_1953.jpg

Quote:
that's pretty shitty.

bush still won ohio by more than 3000 votes though
Did he really?

"Yahoo! News - COLUMBUS, Ohio - An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush (news - web sites) 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said"

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2004, 00:21   #74
Kickboy12

Quote:
Originally posted by shakey_snake
Floats over link...
sees that it's CNN...
completely disregards post.
Atleast it's not Fox News...

How about these:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...tm?POE=NEWISVA
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...oting_problems
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/06/po...gn/06ohio.html

[@imho] man
Old 9th November 2004, 00:36   #75
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

There are always vote count problems in elections, but margin of error is never superceded.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2004, 03:26   #76
Shalken Rebirth

Yes Cabo - it is. What is it for? Information that is requested directly, personal matters and things along that line. If you have a proiblem grasping that - please refrain from mentioning it anymore.

Spelling - means nothing. Rate my intelect based on spelling all you want - as for 'playing a game' the only 'game' I am playing is known simply as 'anny the irritant'. Of course this can also be called ' Fighting Fire with Fire'. Were you done 'playing' you'd not have responded.

I can go on foreevr on this - can you?

On Topic: Yes Shakey - those problems occur often enough to cause some alarm - myself included.
Old 9th November 2004, 15:40   #77
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Yes Cabo - it is. What is it for? Information that is requested directly, personal matters and things along that line. If you have a proiblem grasping that - please refrain from mentioning it anymore.
OK, Why did you state you were not going to look at the references unless I PM them. Remember you said this: "Now - as for the linked material? Want me to read it, send it in a PM, text copied and then pasted. I don't go clicking every little hyperlink I see."
I have no problem understanding what PMs are for, I use them when appropriate. Like I said before, you responded to me in a public forum, so I will respond in kind unless you ask for a PM.

Quote:
Spelling - means nothing. Rate my intelect based on spelling all you want - as for 'playing a game' the only 'game' I am playing is known simply as 'anny the irritant'. Of course this can also be called ' Fighting Fire with Fire'. Were you done 'playing' you'd not have responded.
I didn't rate your 'intelect'... I have no need to, as your doing a fine job of putting on your asshat all by yourself.
As far as the game, what I meant was you want me to PM my response to you while you try to ridicule me in public.

Quote:
I can go on foreevr on this - can you?
Yeah, but why? Graceful exit... have your say then stop this shit, OK?

On Topic:
Quote:
Originally posted by MegaRock

Did he really?

"Yahoo! News - COLUMBUS, Ohio - An error with an electronic voting system gave President Bush (news - web sites) 3,893 extra votes in suburban Columbus, elections officials said"
Yep, subtract that from his margin and you still have a margin of about 100,000 votes.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 10th November 2004, 15:24   #78
Shalken Rebirth

Take it how you want it. Think how you want, act how you want, interperet things the way you want. I'm done. Well, no - not yet. Your response to that single post should have gone in a PM. You may ask why I'm telling you this here? simple - you assumed.

Now - if you are done assuming let me put this to rest. I am not making any attempt to ridicule you. I am responding in kind, this is something I always do - no matter how much the other party hates it. As for being an ashat? I give what I get. welcome to the world opf mutual response.

On Topic: Again - this is why the System does not work.... either votes are mis-counted or simply lost... and not all of those would be an accident....
Old 10th November 2004, 15:59   #79
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Again - this is why the System does not work.... either votes are mis-counted or simply lost... and not all of those would be an accident....
This is why an independant auditor needs to verify the results.

Idiot's Advocate
Old 10th November 2004, 16:44   #80
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
we are not the World's Police Force.
Yes you are.

America, Fuck Yeah!

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS