Old 8th February 2005, 20:21   #1
metalive

Send a message via ICQ to metalive
A few ideas

Hello!

After years of faithfull heavy winamp use (every day all day), I have descided to post my wishlist for new winamp funtions and features. I hope they make sense to you.

1. In Winamp 5 modern skin, I am missing the scroll-up/scroll-down buttons on the right hand side of the playlist. If you are playing a loooong playlist, click hold and drag the playlist scrollbar down or up only a few pixels, you see hundreds of songs rushing along the playlist, which makes it impossible to scroll precisely. You know what I mean?

2. I would like a function to automatically turn off the computer after the playlist has finished. Nearly every night when I go to bed, I still listen to 1-2 hours of music, during which I usually fall asleep. This would save electricity and the noise my computer makes, wouldn't be a problem anymore while I'm sleeping.

3. Now, I think this was mentioned in the "read before posting" thread, but I'm not sure if the guy meant the excact same thing.
Please add "physically remove file from disk" and "browse item folder" also in the right-click context menu in the playlist, not only in the ML.

4. An option to "scatter" a selection from the ML into the playlist. Let me explain:
I have enqeued a few albums into the playlist in a certain order which I don't want to change. Now I want to add another selection to the playlist, but this one should be randomly scattered over the playlist. You know what I mean? I hope I have explained understandably.

5. A Notes fuction:
I guess most people have their Music sorted like this: C:/myMusic/Artistname/Albumname/03 - Third Song.mp3
Now perhaps some people would like to add a plain textfile in an album-direcoty and/or artist-directory, containing notes of all kind or lyrics or whatever.
This textfile could then be listed in the according album-view in the ML (perhaps highlighted in a different color, so that it's not confused to be a media-file. Clicking on it, will the display then notes in winamp.

What do you guys think?

Nick
metalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2005, 21:00   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

1. Already in wishlist

2. Already implemented
Load playlist into playlist window > J (Jump to File box) > load playlist into queue > on end of queue > close winamp & shutdown computer

3a. Rem button > remove > physically remove
3b. Find File on Disk | discussion

4. hmmm

5. hmmmmmmm
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2005, 21:07   #3
metalive

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
2. Already implemented
Load playlist into playlist window > J (Jump to File box) > load playlist into queue > on end of queue > close winamp & shutdown computer
I didn't get that. I can't find it.
Old 8th February 2005, 22:03   #4
DrO

open the jump to file dialog, right-click on the list, then go to 'enqueue options' for the load playlist into queue option and the other menu and those options are just below

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2005, 23:13   #5
metalive

I am such a fool!
Old 8th February 2005, 23:15   #6
DrO

aren't we all at times

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote