Old 12th March 2005, 12:25   #1
medusa

Playlist error changing mp3 path

I changed all my mp3 path and now all playlist don't start because don't find mp3 files.
How can i put new mp3 path to all playlist without manual editing of any single entry of any playlist ?
medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2005, 12:30   #2
siebe83
Forum King

[edit]
If it was a simple move (i.e. all files are now in C:\Blah instead of in D:\doing) you can use this method instead:

Open the .m3u file in Notepad and use the Find/Replace feature to change the old paths to the new ones. But if a lot of files were moved to a lot of different locations that'll take some work...
[/edit]

You could give Dynamic Library a try. Dynamic Library has a 'repair playlist' feature.

First make a backup of your playlist; maybe DL does something you don't like or something goes wrong.
After you installed Dynamic Library, open it by right-clicking Winamp > Dynamic Library.
Right-click in left pane > Add root > Playlist
select your .m3u file > Open
The playlist will now appear in the left pane. Right-click it and select 'Repair broken links'. A dialog will popup and will ask you for the new location for any files in the playlist that have been moved. If you use the 'Browse folder' button to point to a new location, it will look in that folder for the next missing file automatically. If not found there, you are asked to specify a location yourself.
After you have processed all missing files, don't forget to right-click the playlist > Save playlist.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2005, 15:39   #3
medusa

The Dynamic Library work fine, it's what i'm looking for.
Thak you siebe83
medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 11:31   #4
kgbvsgru

A question to add on to this:

What if you don't want to have a playlist or a hard disk folder as the root.....what if you want the Winamp Media Library as the root (as in, the 'Audio' smart view). Is this itself a playlist? if so where?

I have created a playlist by selecting all of the audio items, and fixed the repairs through this, but when I go to my Audio smart view and try to play the apparently repaired tracks, they still don't play and the file paths haven't been changed...
kgbvsgru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 13:31   #5
siebe83
Forum King

The Media Library is supposed to be a library of all your files. If files were moved/renamed you can press the Library button (bottom right in ML) > Rescan Watch folders. The entries pointing to the old/useless paths will then be removed, and the new paths will be added.
That is assuming that you have your music folder(s) set as a watch folder:
Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Media Library > tab Watch Folders

Note that if a file has been moved/renamed and you rescan your library, playcount and rating will be lost. There are workaround to prevent this (not really easy, though).
Backing-up Media Library database ratings/playcounts:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=182413
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=158332
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=221054

The ML library exists independently from playlists, so fixing paths that way won't help.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 02:57   #6
kgbvsgru

Yeah, I would have done that except I don't want to lose the playcount. But thanks for those links.
kgbvsgru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 07:12   #7
ReMinder

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83

You could give Dynamic Library a try. Dynamic Library has a 'repair playlist' feature.

First make a backup of your playlist; maybe DL does something you don't like or something goes wrong.
After you installed Dynamic Library, open it by right-clicking Winamp > Dynamic Library.
Right-click in left pane > Add root > Playlist
select your .m3u file > Open
The playlist will now appear in the left pane. Right-click it and select 'Repair broken links'. A dialog will popup and will ask you for the new location for any files in the playlist that have been moved. If you use the 'Browse folder' button to point to a new location, it will look in that folder for the next missing file automatically. If not found there, you are asked to specify a location yourself.
After you have processed all missing files, don't forget to right-click the playlist > Save playlist.
I'm bumping this topic, because I couldn't find the "repair broken links" option in the latest version of this plug-in nor anything similar to that. Does this feature still exist in the latest version of dynamic library?

I have many broken file paths in my old playlist and it would be great if I wouldn't have to repair them all manually! Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
ReMinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support