Old 16th January 2005, 15:12   #1
metalive

Send a message via ICQ to metalive
Rated items all lost... :-(

Hello!

When I add some music to my music directory (my watch folder), or update any file-tag, I always click on "Rescan watchfolder" and then "Remove missing files...", to refresh my media library. This used to work everytime, for hundreds of times after I've added or changed some files. But once, Winamp actually completely rescanned the folder, taking a few minutes, instead of just one second like usual, and then the list of all the "top-rated items" was lost, which was a lot of work to compile over time... :-(

What happened or what did I do wrong, and what can I do to avoid this happening again?

Thank you.
nick
metalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2005, 19:05   #2
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

That could happen if the files were recently moved or reorganized OR the file folders were recently renamed or the files were recently renamed. Any of these changes could have caused it. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of all that time you spent rating the stuff.

If you have a portable mp3 player that uses ratings you can restore the ratings from there, which is what I've done a number of times. Otherwise you can add a comment to the ID3 comment field to indicate rating in the future.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2005, 21:45   #3
metalive

Send a message via ICQ to metalive
So Winamp doesn't actually store the rating into the file somehow?!? Too bad :-(
Thanks anyway.
metalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support