(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
"tactical"

Give me a fucking break.

It's a flashlight clip.

or

It's a ridiculous looking vest.

or

It's a camouflaged cell phone condom ffs.

or

It's a black t-shirt with a short-sleeve pocket for cancer sticks.

or

It's an offroad bumper.

or

It's a wallet with a black chain that goes to the belt.

or

It's a pair of sneakers.

or

It's a pair of earmuffs.

or

It's a car antenna.

or

It's a seat cover.

or

It's a wristwatch.

or

It's a fucking pen you cowardly, insignificant, pansy-ass piece of antshit.

What it is not is "tactical".

Nobody is scared of your black and metallic Halloween costume worn out of season. You're not badass. You're not in the military. You're anything but hardcore. You aren't scaling the wall of an office building hoping to pull off a heist. When people back away from you, it's not because you're intimidating; it's because you're pathetic to the point where they need to get somewhere far from you quickly so that they don't impolitely burst out laughing in front of your douchebag-esque, poor attempt at a mean-looking face. A lack of substantial testicles can't be compensated for with a bunch of "tacticals". It just doesn't work that way. At best, you're a fucking rent-a-cop, but more likely nothing more than some little shit that is so embarrassed that you wait to put all that garbage on until after you've driven a couple blocks away from your mom's basement (or as you call it "H.Q.") in your rusted, 4-cylinder, black, rattle-can-painted econobox, SUV, or small pickup.

What's worse is that the word "tactical" sells. It's found all over product descriptions. It's like the word "rugged" a few years back, but annoyingly one-up'd.

Next time I see one of you self-proclaimed tough guys, I'll send some little girl to sneak up behind you and shout "BOO!" just to see you get startled like the true coward you are.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 01:41   #2
rockouthippie
Banned

Some people like trick or treat.... and with a quick visit to "douchebags are us"......

Another thing that drives me crazy is veterans of wars 5 decades ago. Did 4-6 years scrubbing the deck on a garbage scow in Korea 50 years ago cause you to dress up for trick or treat for the rest of your life?

And bikers? Leather is cold and wet. Get some freaking Corduron. Put the damn exhaust back on your bike. You lost about 30 horsepower irritating people. Harley's are slow enough already.

I think it's amazing that people invest their personal identity in preposterous wardrobe.

It can really cause you problems. A kid (30 now) I knew grew up across the street. He was getting into some mild trouble and I suggested that he stop shopping at "douchebags are us". When you paint a big fucking sign on yourself that says "Bust me!". The cops will.

This kid had half way decent grades in high school. He's half-Inuit so oil money would have paid for college until he was old and gray.

Sometime in 2012, he'll graduate, but not from college:

http://docpub.state.or.us/OOS/searchCriteria.jsf

I think he will have had about 6 months in his adult life not undergoing "education". Mostly he's just a douchebag. Looking like it didn't help his case.

One time I told him.... dress like a Mormon...

If you don't look like a felony looking for a place to happen, cops will generally give you a bit of a break. Our city cops looking like a bunch of black clad jackbooted Nazis isn't encouraging either, but it should tell you something.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 05:24   #3
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

With the list of products I was mostly making fun of the description one reads when shopping around. I have no problem with most of that stuff until someone slaps that annoying word to it.

But really, it's true, people that dress like morons are just begging to be called morons, or worse yet, as you said, will likely get busted for the first wrong thing they do. On the other hand, people that dress like Mormons could usually get away with anything they want right under the radar.

Your link brought me to the search page, but not to a specific result or person, but I get what you're saying.

What really bugs me more yet is that these people still have family and/or co-workers or other acquaintances that are stuck with the embarrassment of having to admit that they have some connection to this person.

Yesterday I was in a rather bad mood after work for some reason; not sure why, since I had a mostly good day, but luckily between this rant and the other ASCAP rant over in GD, I was finally able to vent a little without bothering anyone in real life.

Old 9th October 2011, 07:25   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
looking like a mormon clone is inconspicuous now?

you literally cannot find two that don't look alike, always the same:
1. mountain bike that's never seen anything but pavement.
2. black dress slacks, pleated usually.
3. white button up "business" shirt.
4. some brightly safety colored helmet, seriously? who the fuck wears a helmet on any bicycle without an engine? mormons, that's who.

as for the whole tactical thing, if bullets cannot be made to come out of at least one end or at the least be stopped from entering one such said end, tactical it is not.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 04:09   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
looking like a mormon clone is inconspicuous now?
I live near Hillsboro Airport. We also have Japanese helicopter pilot students that look like a bunch of Mormons, except they wear a tie. Bike helmet.. white dress shirt...

It may not be inconspicuous, but these guys are of absolutely no interest to the cops. I've seen the cops turn normal looking kids upside down at the light rail. They pass on Mormons and Japanese helicopter pilot kids. Little old ladies do not change seats. Perhaps conspicuously harmless?

It just makes sense. I remember when I was young and stupid I used to have a bumper sticker that said BAD COP. NO DONUT. That was stupid.

Let's just aim a big neon arrow...... BUST ME!

Get some slacks and a gator shirt and look like silicon-nerd... they don't get hassled either... If you're a biker, wearing colors and gang patches is about stupid.

My grandpa used to say "Don't scare the sheep." meaning people. It's also sort of important if you are in a bad neighborhood. If you don't paint a bullseye on yourself, you make a lesser target.
Old 28th October 2011, 23:28   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I'm in a rather bad neighborhood now, but so far, so good. Crime goes on around me on all sides, but they pretty much ignore us, because we just keep to ourselves or go out away from here.

Old 25th March 2012, 15:25   #7
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Necro-bump, but for good reason. Whoever replied doesn't know the English very well, but he makes a great point and I would love to meet him and buy him a beer:

Old 25th March 2012, 21:50   #8
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

fuckyeah

where's the like button?

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2012, 03:54   #9
sgtfuzzbubble011

sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2012, 04:01   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I'm in a rather bad neighborhood now, but so far, so good.
My neighbors are pretty much ok. One neighbor kind of pisses me off. He's a douche bag but is smart enough not to steal off me. He has too many fucking douchey friends though. It's like that. It's not usually the neighbors that are the problem. It's their friends. I guess maybe the neighbors are the problem. I don't invite douche bags to my house.

If I were to think about it.... Guilt by association... Maybe I should go over and stomp him a new mud hole the next time I get jacked by one of his sleazy friends. Dude is flotsam too... Just smart enough not to screw with me.

What I can't figure out is that the douche bags are afraid of BB and not me. Stupid and douchey.... I'm the one that can be truly hazardous to your health. BB never put anybody in the hospital. I have
Old 6th October 2012, 05:28   #11
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

When I first moved here, I got a lot of "what the..." looks when neighbors saw me arriving and departing wearing dress shirts and ties every day. They mostly don't even work at all over the counter, and instead choose crime for their income.

Living like this can be a bit of a Catch-22, because you're torn between wanting to fight crime and not wanting to be a snitch. If you ignore the crime, you allow things to happen that jeopardize your family's safety; whereas being a snitch/rat/tattletale can just as easily jeopardize your safety.

So, I have to take each situation I witness and determine whether it's something that my family needs to worry about, or if it's an emergency for someone else. I've only reported three things in the last year in a half living here, despite the fact that I could report at least that many things per week if I wanted to. For example, an intoxicated driver hit a family member's parallel-parked car in front of the house just after the birth of my daughter and then ran, leaving what was later determined to be around $1900 in damages. I reported that and the person was caught. Luckily the person didn't retaliate. The other two incidents involved drugs too. An incident involved someone really high checking under our cars and asking me a lot of odd questions, then began eating chips and drinking soda in the middle of a somewhat busy intersection, so I reported it to keep him from either getting hit or doing something stupid to us. Also, a drugged and drunk driver rolled off the side of the road and down the mountainside with two passengers after hitting the rock wall on the other side of the street. This was maybe a hundred feet or so up the road from us.

Old 6th October 2012, 05:33   #12
rockouthippie
Banned

Usually if you call the cops around here, they come out and investigate you.

No good can come from calling the cops. Waste of time. If they do catch somebody, you can count on the justice system to do something stupid and expensive. More than it was worth.

I think you could empty our 800 bed county jail and not affect the crime rate. I think a lot of these guys that get run through the wringer actually end up being more of a problem after the experience.

We got a whole bunch of douche bags that can't leave town and can't pay their probation fees. Rather than end up back in jail for not paying, they will steal to pay.

Helping crime or turning even more desperate people loose on us?
Old 6th October 2012, 06:03   #13
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
originally posted by RoH before edit
Usually if you call the cops around here, they come out and investigate you.
Yeah, at first they did, and I even thought about taking offense about it, but they didn't know me then. They know me now, especially since I have to consult with them a lot at work and things are good. I have a lot of cops in the family that are ok, but mostly in the Cleveland, OH area. A lot of cops around here treat this area as a stepping stone while waiting for a different location to hire them, but there are a couple that are good local career-men. Even the younger ones wanting to "move up" know the area and people pretty well, enough to know who to investigate when shit goes down.

In each case I reported, it needed to happen for safety reasons.

Old 6th October 2012, 06:09   #14
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I have a lot of cops in the family that are ok
When people are looking. I don't think the personality of most of the cops in my family would bear serious scrutiny. It's like my cousin Russ. He comes off like Roger Ramjet, but he's really kind of an asshole. I think you'd have to really try to find someone who was as self involved as he. This is while trying to pretend he's gods gift to the world.

Cops... usually control freaks... self involved... self righteous... weird.... and a little too proud of themselves for being too stupid to get a real job.

I love it when cops retire. Give em' a year and they start acting like a human being again.

I think it's mostly that being a cop, you have to ignore a lot. Russ killed a couple teenagers in a high speed pursuit. Ran them smack into a train.

The very bad guys walk and petty shit gets hit with a sledgehammer. I guess you could consider that Russ doesn't consider this shit after being a cop for 30 years, but he used to. I'm not sure you could call that a character improvement.

I know a cop that retired about 15 years ago. He didn't like what was going on with law enforcement. I remember we were talking about a San Diego bank robbery where the cops got shot to shit with automatic weapons. He was kind pissed. He said he would have let them go instead of starting a firefight in the street.

I would have picked the guy up in a couple weeks pumping gas without a shot fired. Fishing, not hunting.

He retired with some prejudice, not liking where the personality of modern police techniques was taking him. Hey! Kids will be kids! Protect and Serve. He felt old fashioned.
Old 6th October 2012, 06:37   #15
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

You must have had some really bad experiences with them. These guys are pretty easy to get along with. No big egos, just good guys doing an important job, which I feel is a real job. They put their life on the line to support their families and communities and they don't bother with the "tactical" bullshit that I mentioned at the beginning of the thread. They're pretty well liked by their communities which is why you don't find them shot somewhere, which I'm sad to say would be pretty easy to get away with, both in Cleveland and around here.

Old 6th October 2012, 06:52   #16
rockouthippie
Banned

Not really personally. Part of it is Oregon. We have some really stupid, stupid, draconian bullshit going on here. Tough on crime got a life of it's own. Too many kids in prison for bullshit. Too many people in the "system". Even traffic tickets escape reason. And this is a jail town.

If you can do that, they'res something very wrong with you. The penalty for everything is way more than any reasonable person would consider within the realm of common sense. And none of that..... kids will be kids stuff.... hit everything with a brick.... Our DA's are out for blood.

It almost seems like a rule of the United States:

Everyone must be properly punished.

Oregon.... wow.. A nice place to visit, but don't get in trouble. Also... don't smoke outside in the park or leave your trash can out after garbage day.. both are a $250 fine.

and they hired some idiots that will write the ticket........

Last edited by rockouthippie; 6th October 2012 at 08:31.
Old 6th October 2012, 15:36   #17
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

If you saw the police officers out of uniform, you wouldn't know that they're cops, except that they are in pretty good shape. They don't have that cocky douche-bag attitude, and most don't have the tell-tale haircut. They're more into 'corrections' than they are into 'punishment'. A lot of issues are solved without an actual punishment, but rather with a safe armed moderator, especially when it comes to issues cops hate the most - domestic disputes. It sounds like your area is a little overboard. I guess I'd get sick of that too.

Old 10th October 2012, 11:48   #18
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
especially when it comes to issues cops hate the most - domestic disputes
I never met "the Burning Bed". Nobody got clobbered for breakfast being a minute late. Out whoring around... picked the fight... gave dude the clap... blew the rent on video poker.. yes.... sweet little gal that makes eggs.... no....

Our cops have gotten a little smarter about this. On the second call, everybody gets a free ride to jail. They noticed something I noticed. Weird chicks that like to win an argument by cop. This at least has gotten smarter since the age of political correctness.

Maybe sweet Farrah is out there... but the ones I know about where someone got arrested... 100% trailer trash mating ritual...

A buddy of mine Sean got tangled up with this whore Vicki. She could talk the talk, but she's really just a bar hag. Anyway... she was out cheating on him and whoring around while he was working.... he caught her... and he popped her one... not even a mark..

So she went off with whomever, I'm sure crying abuse and finally left town because Sean is a lot more well liked. The cops arrested Sean, and Sean lost his job and became homeless, couldn't pay his fees so ended up in and out of jail. It took him almost 2 years of screwing around with this to get back on his feet and off probation. I'm sure Vicki is still blowing somebody for beer money somewhere. Your tax dollars at work. Vicky played it like a pro. Revenge by cop. I'll bet you a buck it wasn't the first time.

You could tell she was pushing it too. She'd show up where she knew he'd be and call up and say he violated his restraining order... shit like that...

Most of the other stories I know about domestic violence are just about like this one.

It's not like we don't understand some of the problems. One of them that is breaking the bank is Measure 11. A bar scuffle in Oregon can get you 72 months in prison. Everyone knows it's whacked. Ask anybody. The cop that will arrest you, the DA that will railroad you, and the judge that will send you off to Pendleton. They all say... this is pretty fucked up... even the legislators that passed it....

But nobody has the political will to stop it. Even though it's a good chunk of our $6BN state deficit.

Get less tough on crime? Well that just wouldn't be ....... if you were a cop... how the hell do you arrest somebody? Was $300 fair for 10 over the speed limit? Is a $250 fine for leaving your trash can out or smoking in the park fair? You can usually go to the judge and he'll make all of that $100. Was $100 fair? SOB acts like he's doing you a favor.

Am I gonna send some dumb ass kid to prison for kids stuff? I gotta wonder about guys that can do it.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 10th October 2012 at 14:44.
Old 11th October 2012, 01:55   #19
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

In most states that I am aware of (friends and family - midwest and New England), 10 over will get you ignored, 11 over might get you pulled over by a young cop, warning if you're cooperative, $125 if you're a douche, 15 over will get you about $150 without warning by just about any cop. Some states get rough though with the dollar amount because they gouge you. Look at Virginia. You could get a $3462.00 fine just for speeding. I have to drive in that state a couple times per month. Luckily it's been many years since I've been pulled over for any reason, other than those DUI road blocks that check everyone.

Old 12th October 2012, 00:01   #20
rockouthippie
Banned

At 20 over... you'd likely end up in handcuffs around here. They call that reckless driving. They'll ignore about 7 mph. 10 will get you a ticket. I've gotten a ticket for 2 over. 57 in a 55... yay!

We don't have DUI checkpoints, but they do saturation patrols.

Compare what the insurance companies actuarial assessment for driver risk factors and you'll see that a couple speeding tickets, running a stop sign or even a DUII isn't that statistically more risky than your average bear. We mostly get where we're going without crashing.

But we got this idea, and maybe it's not a completely unreasonable one, that driving should be a felony more often. The thing is... the accident statistics probably don't warrant it.

Gun control is much the same way. When you look at the statistics there are two categories of shootings. Justifiable shootings, which aside from gang violence, outnumber murders by about 60:1 and gang violence.

Joe Average is pretty safe from gun violence. There might be a thousand people who were just unlucky. Most people who get shot were in some shit or up to no good.
Old 12th October 2012, 00:47   #21
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

You're speaking to someone who has had a girlfriend, a cousin, an aunt and uncle (died together), a list of friends, and 2 students die due to drunk driving. Only one of the above listed victims was "at fault"; the rest were innocent drivers without a drop of alcohol in them or were non-driving passengers. Because of this, I don't mind when they're tough on alcohol behind the wheel.

I still fail to see how the word "commie" fits in...

Old 12th October 2012, 00:51   #22
rockouthippie
Banned

My point is that a driver with a DUII isn't appreciably riskier than a driver with 2 speeding tickets or that ran a stop sign.

But we don't treat it the same way.

A driver with a DUI is about as likely to crash as a driver with 2 speeding tickets. Half of the fatal accidents in the country are not alcohol related, so would you feel much different if the driver had been sober?

The drunk that wipes someone out is far more reviled than the guy with 2 speeding tickets, but they are about evenly risky. Maybe Virginia's got the right idea. Reckless driving is still somehow less than drunk driving, even though it's more dangerous.

Weight of things we do and what the penalties for them are isn't square. If you toss the drunk in jail, the guy that blows the stop sign and the speeder should go too. It looks like Virginia's got that straight.
Old 16th October 2012, 08:16   #23
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

People blowing stop signs - that's usually accidental. I can be more forgiving there. DUI is a choice. Speeding is a choice, but it usually only involves deaths when it's very excessive and/or combined with a lot of other aggressive driving bullshit. If you say half of the fatal accidents are not from alcohol, that would imply that half are. The other half gets divided by failure to yield, driver distraction (e.g. texting), speeding, aggressive driving, fatigue, daydreaming, or falling asleep behind the wheel, animal strike, weather conditions, vehicle failure (Firestone blowout, fire, hood flying up, rod breaking, etc.), improper restraint, bad lane change, wrong way, seizures, etc.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist