Old 17th October 2003, 01:43   #81
Scrod

BUG: Winamp ignores ID3v2 tags when streaming

BUG: Winamp ignores ID3v2 tags when streaming
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=66866

This has been a confirmed bug for years. Is anyone still working on the I/O plugins, or is it all eye candy?
If fact, the only MP3 player I've found that DOES support streaming ID3v2 tags is MP9. I don't really want to use MP9.
Old 17th October 2003, 01:45   #82
justin
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by shins

[BUG?] Resize in normal and winshade modes are not independant. One resizes the other and vice versa.
The word in that case would be "independent" not "independant".
This is not a bug, it's a feature. If you don't like it, switch the mode in Options->Winamp Modern->Main Windowshade Mode

-Justin
Old 17th October 2003, 01:51   #83
sgamer

bug/annoyance

whenever a tv station changes files/programs, if it has an associated webpage, the media library/minibrowser combo will pop up again with their webpage. Now, i don't quite mind it popping up when it starts the first time, but every time the station changes files? i'd like to just keep it closed and watch the tv. i'm not sure if there's an option to change this or not, so call me stupid, but i figured i'd write about it anyway.
Old 17th October 2003, 02:03   #84
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
well damn all these great comments! I'm going to try it.
Old 17th October 2003, 02:04   #85
Reaper
Forum King

Re: bug/annoyance

Quote:
Originally posted by sgamer
whenever a tv station changes files/programs, if it has an associated webpage, the media library/minibrowser combo will pop up again with their webpage. Now, i don't quite mind it popping up when it starts the first time, but every time the station changes files? i'd like to just keep it closed and watch the tv. i'm not sure if there's an option to change this or not, so call me stupid, but i figured i'd write about it anyway.
Go to the Preferences(press Ctrl+P) -> go to 'General Preferences/Library' -> enable 'Do not allow media to automatically switch to "Now Playing"' -> click 'Close'.

ml_iPod - [Homepage] | [Forums] | [Wiki]
Old 17th October 2003, 02:08   #86
Renigal

Is Sawg's page working for anyone?
Old 17th October 2003, 02:09   #87
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Sawg's page is down right now...don't know why
Old 17th October 2003, 02:12   #88
Renigal

I been trying to get it all day :/
Old 17th October 2003, 02:12   #89
sgamer

Thanks Reaper...now back to watching tv on the awesome winamp5!
Old 17th October 2003, 02:16   #90
Reaper
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Renigal
Is Sawg's page working for anyone?
Here's a mirror hosted by s1138:
http://members.cox.net/s1138/wa5.html
[edit]
Second mirror, hosted by me: http://timmy.p44.org/winamp/wa5.html

Slightly modified to point to this thread since the download link on Sawg's webspace is down.
[/edit]

The link to the download doesn't work though since it leads to Sawg's webspace but there's other download links in this thread if needed.

sgamer: You're welcome

Old 17th October 2003, 02:20   #91
Renigal

Thanks reaper. You just helped me win a couple arguements
Old 17th October 2003, 02:42   #92
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@mightymidget

Re: wa3 style enqueue (play next)
Not implemented yet, but maybe in a future release, if it's at all possible (remember wa5 is based on the wa2 engine, not wa3, so currently it would break the entire classic skin database if this feature was added to the base skin . . . or something like that).

What you can do is right click any entry/entries in the ML and select:
Send To -> Winamp playlist (or Send To -> New Playlist / any playlist listed under ML -> Playlists section)
Old 17th October 2003, 03:01   #93
ctkatz8086

i have a question about the registry. i still want to use wa 2.9x for some thing whilst i test this designation. what can i edit in the reg to make sure this version doesn't take over anything?

Old 17th October 2003, 03:10   #94
Reaper
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ctkatz8086
i have a question about the registry. i still want to use wa 2.9x for some thing whilst i test this designation. what can i edit in the reg to make sure this version doesn't take over anything?
In Winamp5, open the Preferences(Press Ctrl+P) -> go to 'General Preferences/File Types' -> deselect any format in the list that you don't want Winamp5 associated as the default player for. You can also uncheck 'Restore file associations at Winamp start-up' and 'Launch Winamp for Audio CDs' if you'd like. No Windows Registry editing needed.

Old 17th October 2003, 03:16   #95
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

My advice is to leave the registry well alone.
Just install wa5beta in a different dir to 2.9,
and make sure you uncheck everything in the final setup screen (create icons, associate with audio/video/cd, maintain associations, etc).
Then manually create a new shortcut to wa5.
You should also go into wa5 prefs and uncheck a few things (eg. check for new versions, report anon statistics, register files on winamp start -> you should checkmark this one in 2.9x prefs to keep wsz and other file associations), and you'll probably need to checkmark "allow multiple instances" in both prefs for both winamp.exe's to open simultaneously.

You can always keep 2.9x, or you can install wa5 in the default dir, and reinstall 2.9x in a new dir, or you can use the UninstWA.exe file in the relevant main WA dir to uninstall any version at a later date . . .

[edit] Too late. Reaper beat me to it, lol [/edit]

btw, I'm surprised no-one's commented yet on the awesome new "auto dir scan/refresh" feature (Prefs -> Library -> Media Importing tab).
w00t

Also, multiple playlist support c/o Playlist window -> Manage Playlist button -> Open playlist from library (which is as near as we can get to wa3-style multi-playlists in wa3 pl sidecar).
Old 17th October 2003, 03:21   #96
dougieha

Is anyone else having the problem that WA5 isn't remembering the window positions when you exit and restart it?

If not...what is wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 17th October 2003, 03:28   #97
Reaper
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by dougieha
Is anyone else having the problem that WA5 isn't remembering the window positions when you exit and restart it?

If not...what is wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Dougieha
Go to the folder you installed Winamp5 to (most likely \Program Files\Winamp\) and make sure both 'winamp.ini' and 'studio.xnf' are not set to Read Only.

DJ Egg: lol. Yours is more informative though.

Old 17th October 2003, 03:31   #98
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
I'll also host a mirror for a few days, http://idiot.ath.cx/wa5/
Old 17th October 2003, 03:32   #99
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

It remembers all freeform skin window positions/sizes, but not classic skins (specifically, the width & height of the playlist window, and sometimes the width & height of ml & video windows).

As to whether YOU can fix it . . . No. Nullsoft will fix it in time for the official Winamp5 v1.0 final release (remember, it's currently a beta . . . beta means incomplete with bugs, warts 'n all).
Old 17th October 2003, 03:32   #100
dougieha

No...neither one is read-only...

Any other ideas?

If no one else is having this problem, I'm really confused.

Also, if I open the media library, resize and move it, then close it, and then open it again, the position is not remembered.

This is all with the modern skin.

Old 17th October 2003, 03:36   #101
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
DJegg, I won't get warts from using winamp5 will I?
Old 17th October 2003, 03:39   #102
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

lol

Depends on how you use it, I suppose
Old 17th October 2003, 03:45   #103
dougieha

Hmmm...DJ Egg: it seems that WA5 is doing exactly the opposite of what you described. It's remembering the position of the classic skins, but not the freeform skins.

After doing some detective work, it seems that WA5 is writing the correct information to studio.xnf when it exits, but for some reason, is not reading and implementing the information when it starts up.

Dougieha

Old 17th October 2003, 03:49   #104
Mike H.
Forum Esperantist
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Mike H.
What happened to the opacity control? I thought that was the purpose of alpha blending! WA5 is great, but PLEASE bring back the opacity control!

[edit]Never mind, I found it. It's in the window settings.[/edit]

Last edited by Mike H.; 17th October 2003 at 04:07.
Old 17th October 2003, 03:50   #105
Francis
French Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by dougieha
Hmmm...DJ Egg: it seems that WA5 is doing exactly the opposite of what you described. It's remembering the position of the classic skins, but not the freeform skins.

After doing some detective work, it seems that WA5 is writing the correct information to studio.xnf when it exits, but for some reason, is not reading and implementing the information when it starts up.

Dougieha
Hmm, this seems to work fine on most machines, what OS are you on ?

Francis.

Bluemars - Music For The Space Traveller
Old 17th October 2003, 03:53   #106
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Weird!

Shouldn't be happening in Winamp 5.0Beta (Beta 1 - build 5 - 10/14/03)

What's your Windows OS?

With WA5 closed, you could try deleting studio.xnf and let WA5 recreate it when reopened (backup studio.xnf first, just in case)...

[edit] Doh! I'm slow today . . . must be this damn flu [/edit]
Old 17th October 2003, 04:01   #107
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_aitch
What happened to the opacity control? I thought that was the purpose of alpha blending! WA5 is great, but PLEASE bring back the opacity control!
Opacity/Scaling is definitely there.
Any freeform skin -> Any window -> Main menu -> Window settings -> Opacity.

If you're referring to Opacity being grayed out in main window with Winamp Modern skin, then you need to click the "video/avs" button (top right corner) to close video/avs . . .
Old 17th October 2003, 04:05   #108
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
[Quite a] Few pages ago, Phily Baby said the modern skin is a wee bit too large, Justin replied and said the you can scale the skin down. Phily scaled the skin to 75% and liked it, however, I don't.

At 75% the skin is too small, at 100% it's too big. I can't see the title at all when at 75%.
Is there any way for me to maybe choose 80% rather than the fixed "sizes"? (or am I missing an option here?).

Last edited by YtseJam; 17th October 2003 at 04:45.
Old 17th October 2003, 04:07   #109
ctkatz8086

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
My advice is to leave the registry well alone.
Just install wa5beta in a different dir to 2.9,
and make sure you uncheck everything in the final setup screen (create icons, associate with audio/video/cd, maintain associations, etc).
Then manually create a new shortcut to wa5.
You should also go into wa5 prefs and uncheck a few things (eg. check for new versions, report anon statistics, register files on winamp start -> you should checkmark this one in 2.9x prefs to keep wsz and other file associations), and you'll probably need to checkmark "allow multiple instances" in both prefs for both winamp.exe's to open simultaneously.

You can always keep 2.9x, or you can install wa5 in the default dir, and reinstall 2.9x in a new dir, or you can use the UninstWA.exe file in the relevant main WA dir to uninstall any version at a later date . . .
maybe i need to be more clear.

when i installed the alpha, it took the default directory of every wa 2.x plugin i installed. while this may not be much of a hassle, there are some installers that won't even ask you where you want to put the plugin. so from this point on, any plugin i install automatically points to winampx (where i put this version) instead of winamp. how do i edit the reg so that it points to winamp 2.x again?

Old 17th October 2003, 04:16   #110
Raas

I love it.
One thing,I can't scroll with the mouse in the playlist editor which I like.
Old 17th October 2003, 04:17   #111
dirkdeftly
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to dirkdeftly
whoo boy, this is nice, but some of the new hotbuttons'n'such are annoying as hell...

avs is doing that same irritating buggyass thing that 2.6 used to do...that is, crashing randomly and for no apparent reason. also, KILL the doubleclick -> fullscreen, and change it back to opening the editor, then add in the doubleclick on teh tinyvis -> avs back in; makinn AVS go into it's own window by default (and then changing the "reattach vis" to "attach") wouldn't be a bad thing either.

i can't say i like the new playlist buttons (opening a standard windows menu). i liked being able to double-click the button and get the default action, and i also liked the customizeabilityerness of the menus (skinning wise...not that i skin anyhow). and the playlist needs that total time thing...it was 1337. 'nuff said.
another thing about the playlist that i've been wishing for for aeons is that you change the onload IDV3 read so that it does the same thing as ondisplay; in other words, you load normally, but it continuously reads the idv3 tags instead of lagging everything when you load a big directory while it tries to read everything at once. it should also prioritize currently displayed files (read things at the top of the currently displayed list before anything else).

i'd say more but i gotta have my avs, and i'm fucking tired of it crashing :\
/me turns on 2.91 again...

"guilt is the cause of more disauders
than history's most obscene marorders" --E. E. Cummings
Old 17th October 2003, 04:21   #112
dougieha

Quote:
Originally posted by Francis
Hmm, this seems to work fine on most machines, what OS are you on ?

Francis.
I'm using WinXP SP1...

I've tried deleting studio.xnf, and letting WA5 recreate it, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

My WA5 has a date of 10/14/2003 in the About Winamp box.

Dougieha

Old 17th October 2003, 04:22   #113
Shiften

Winamp 5 Database Format?

I have an idea for extensions to the Winamp Media Library. They would either require replacing the existing database interface or extending the database.

So, my question is what is the SDK to the database? Is there a public database driver? Otherwise, I can write a library extension, but how do I disable the existing database interface?

If you have an answer, please private message me.
Old 17th October 2003, 04:44   #114
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ctkatz8086

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Winamp
String: (Default) = C:\Program Files\Winamp

Or just reinstall 2.9x

@Raas
There's a scrollbar button thingy on the right of the playlist editor.
Works fine here (click & drag) . . . as does mouse scrollwheel (as long as playlist is active window)

@atero
Modern playlist buttons/menus are the same as wa3 freeform standard.
Naturally, classic skins are the same as before (including total playlist time).

@dougieha
Sorry, can't help at the mo. It all works fine for me (WinXP). Francis? Any ideas?
Old 17th October 2003, 04:53   #115
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Hey, DJ Egg, what about my question?

Old 17th October 2003, 05:00   #116
ohhjebus

O-FACE

Dag yo, i was just about to give up winamp for a while and give iTunes a try. Like that is gonna happen anytime soon now...

Well done guys, must be nice to finally have an (official) public release out.
Old 17th October 2003, 05:01   #117
Raas

It's working to click and drag the button but not to scroll with my mouse even if the windows is active,it's the volume I control.
Not a big deal but I thought I should mention it.
Old 17th October 2003, 05:01   #118
Bob the Tomato

Send a message via ICQ to Bob the Tomato
Ok, how do I enqueue items in the playlist from the jump to file window? Can I even do that?
Old 17th October 2003, 05:06   #119
wakingrufus

wow i love winamp 5. the only thing i think itunes has over it is hte "play count" feature. see what you guys can do about that. i just kinda think its really fun. also the smart playlist feature theyve got is pretty good. other than that you guys are better. if you can top those two features you will own them
Old 17th October 2003, 05:10   #120
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by nant
Hey, DJ Egg, what about my question?
Good point nant. I honestly don't have an answer, which is why I didn't post anything.

Main observation with regards to scaling is:

In WA3, scaling options are: 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200, 400%

In WA5, scaling options are: 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350%

But, afaik, there's never been an 80%. Whether there can be or not is for someone more in the know to answer.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions