Old 9th July 2004, 09:40   #81
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Location: Switzerland Posts: The starting points at a racetrack.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nobby Nobbs
Voulez vous coucher avec bilbo c'est soir?
I think he meant: "Voulez vous coucher avec bilbo ce soir?" Although I doubt that he would address you in the formal way, so it'd be: "Tu veux coucher avec Bilbo ce soir?"

And my question is: Why do people ask that xzxzzx and never me?

Mia
Mrs_Mia_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 11:51   #82
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs_Mia_Wallace
I think he meant: "Voulez vous coucher avec bilbo ce soir?" Although I doubt that he would address you in the formal way, so it'd be: "Tu veux coucher avec Bilbo ce soir?"

And my question is: Why do people ask that xzxzzx and never me?

Mia
Wow. Beautiful and intelligent. Nice combination, if you as me.

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 13:15   #83
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

or ?
beanboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 16:55   #84
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Oh, I'm sorry, I just tried to be nice... I quit learning French several years ago. I'll just try not to post any compliments in the future.

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
Old 9th July 2004, 17:34   #85
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainNuss
Oh, I'm sorry, I just tried to be nice... I quit learning French several years ago. I'll just try not to post any compliments in the future.
NO! That's totally fine making compliments, just go ahead! (Back me up here Shy, Widdy and Raven!)

Thank you for your compliments but I cannot take any credits for me knowing a little French, I have lived in Lausanne (French speaking part of Switzerland) for 4 years and it's rather embarassing how little I have learned there

My question on top of the page sitll stands and I add: When is xzxzzx finally coming back to answer them?

Mia
Old 9th July 2004, 18:07   #86
siebe83
Forum King

@CaptainNuss: I think you misunderstood beanboy89's post.
I think beanboy89 just asked a new question to xzxzzx: it was not a reply to you
Also, Mia seems to like compliments so I wouldn't care IF someone critized that

@Mia: did you ever ask Bilbo yourself?

@xzxzzx: Damn...
Do you mind if I don't post a question?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 18:39   #87
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Oooh, perfect opportunity for me to add compliments of my own for the beautiful, intelligent and kind women of this forum: Mia, Missy, Pixiefied, ShyShy, White Raven, Widdykats and WomanOfHeart. (I'm hoping I haven't missed a name that I should have added.) We're lucky to have every one of them, and all the guys here should cherish every post they make.

And a related question for xzxzzx, something I've wondered for many years:

Why do women in this world have to work twice as hard as men just to have an equal amount of respect?

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.

Last edited by ScorLibran; 9th July 2004 at 19:14.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 18:51   #88
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

can something be really infinite?

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 19:06   #89
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Coman
Yes.
For example, the distance you must travel round a circle before you reach the end.
Or, the distance you have to go along parallel lines before they meet.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 19:08   #90
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

All of this isnt really "infinite" though. I mean, you could GO for ever, but it it'self doesnt.
squakMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 19:11   #91
will

Quote:
Originally posted by squakMix
All of this isnt really "infinite" though. I mean, you could GO for ever, but it it'self doesnt.
But if you started counting, you could GO for ever before reaching infinity. Could you not?

Old 9th July 2004, 19:16   #92
squakMix
wwwyzzerdd
(Forum King)

He asked if it's possible to have something that is infinite, not things that supports infinity, like a circle. Something would have to continuously travel around the circle forever, which is impossible.
squakMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 19:23   #93
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Have you ever had a dog hump your leg?

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 19:36   #94
mark
Forum King

if yes: did you liek it?

if no: would you like to?
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 20:29   #95
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
"Tu veux coucher avec Bilbo ce soir?"
See, the thing is, Nobby is probably referring to a different "bilbo" than you are. However, the answer is "no" on both counts, assuming I understood the question correctly.

Quote:
My question on top of the page sitll stands and I add: When is xzxzzx finally coming back to answer them?
Now. ;p

Quote:
Originally posted by beanboy89
or ?
- it looks cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
Do you mind if I don't post a question?
Not really.

Quote:
Originally posted by ScorLibran
Why do women in this world have to work twice as hard as men just to have an equal amount of respect?
There's many factors, but here are the ones I'm aware of, and I think that these account for the vast majority:

The human mind is incredibly good at taking things and fitting them to preconceived ideas. For instance, if you tell someone "Can I use the copier before you?", you may or may not get a good response. However, "Can I use the copier before you because I have to make copies?", you are much more likely to get a positive response, because the human mind figures there's a valid reason if you say "because", and attempts to find why that's a valid reason - and attempts to fit "I have to make copies" into that idea of a valid reason.

This same effect can be seen by looking at clouds, looking for a specific thing - more than likely, you'll find it, even though clouds are basically random. Your mind will find a way, because it's very, very good at that.

There is a preconceived idea in many people that women are "weaker" (whatever that means), and therefore/also less suited to be in business - therefore, in order to break away from that, they have to move so far ahead that no one could possibly apply that idea.

The second factor is that women are not typically indoctrinated in "verbal fencing" - this shouldn't be necessary in the business world, but it is, and many women don't know how to handle it, or think that it is somehow personal. Men, of course, have had to live with this all of their lives, in sports, boy scouts, etc - where "verbal fencing" occurs, boys learn to deal with it, to fence themselves, and also to not take it personally.

This is something men do, which for whatever reason, is typically not taught to women. Women tend to take it personally, and also tend to be incapable of defending themselves - this makes them look "emotional" and "weak", further reinforcing (or creating) the idea that women are not suited for business. Of course, women can learn to "fence" as easily as a man, but simply haven’t been taught.

Thirdly, woman are actually physically weaker. If the job involves significant physical labor, then women do actually have to work harder than men, because men have mush more of this handy hormone that increases muscle mass and strength, called "testosterone".

These three things combine to make women appear "weak" (physically and otherwise), "unsuited", and "emotional", and as such, presuming these things are not found and corrected by the woman, they must work significantly harder in order to see the same level of respect.

However, there is one position where all people will see about the same level of respect - that is the leader of a group - the CEO, the owner, the chairmen of the board, etc. If one can lead well (which isn't all that easy of a task for many people), it doesn't matter much if you're a man, woman, or Martian.

Quote:
Let us say that the universe is as infinite as you can imagine it - and if you were to get to the "edge", and looked out, there would be more, as much as you could conceive - would you consider that universe to be infinite?

If so, then yes - if no, then no.

Quote:
Originally posted by hgnis
Have you ever had a dog hump your leg?
Yes.

Quote:
if yes: did you liek it?
No.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 20:42   #96
mark
Forum King

did it make a mess?
Old 9th July 2004, 20:43   #97
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
did it make a mess?
No.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 9th July 2004, 20:54   #98
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

did it taste good?

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 22:33   #99
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
NO! That's totally fine making compliments, just go ahead! (Back me up here Shy, Widdy and Raven!)

AMEN!!!
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 22:38   #100
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

*high fives shy*

Thank you dear

Mia
Old 9th July 2004, 22:52   #101
cyu
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to cyu Send a message via Yahoo to cyu
Why do people think that a nude women is beautiful while a naked man is somewhat funny?
cyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 23:01   #102
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
@CaptainNuss: I think you misunderstood beanboy89's post.
I think beanboy89 just asked a new question to xzxzzx: it was not a reply to you
Also, Mia seems to like compliments so I wouldn't care IF someone critized that
Correct, the question was for xzxzzx.
beanboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 23:01   #103
horse-fly
Account Closed

/Must resist posting small penis jokes.
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 23:34   #104
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by beanboy89
Correct, the question was for xzxzzx.
In that case I appologize, was my mistake.

xzxzzx: Why does gravity pull us towards Earth instead of pushing us away? Also, why do we live on the solid planet instead of living in a hollow spherical planet?

Old 10th July 2004, 00:58   #105
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

And a question related to CaptainNuss's...

What is gravity?

What's its composition? Particles? Waves? Supernatural forces?

I know the effect of gravity is proportional to the mass of the object to which the gravity belongs, but......what is gravity itself?

Old 10th July 2004, 01:08   #106
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

And a question related to ScorLibran's...

How do you build a spaceship that features artificial gravity?

Old 10th July 2004, 02:08   #107
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Why are all the women giving high fives to each other?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2004, 04:26   #108
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
Let us say that the universe is as infinite as you can imagine it - and if you were to get to the "edge", and looked out, there would be more, as much as you could conceive - would you consider that universe to be infinite?

If so, then yes - if no, then no.
so you're saying that it all depends on me and on how i perceive things instead of it really being or not in general sense? because you're not really answering questions, you come around for me to answer my questions.

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Old 10th July 2004, 06:52   #109
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
did it taste good?
I wouldn't know, you sicko.

Quote:
Originally posted by cyu
Why do people think that a nude women is beautiful while a naked man is somewhat funny?
Because women's bodies are beautiful, while men's are more functional in terms of strength. Also, penises are funny.

Quote:
What is gravity?

I know the effect of gravity is proportional to the mass of the object to which the gravity belongs, but......what is gravity itself?
Gravity doesn't have a composition. Gravity is simply the curvature of space. All particles bend space around, and in on themselves, slightly. The more particles, the more apparent the effect. There aren’t any "waves" or "particles", it just works that way - it's like asking "why are there particles?".

Quote:
xzxzzx: Why does gravity pull us towards Earth instead of pushing us away? Also, why do we live on the solid planet instead of living in a hollow spherical planet?
If gravity were to curve space ******ds, then nothing would coalece, and we'd all just be a bunch of hadrons floating around, avoiding colliding with each other.

Quote:
And a question related to ScorLibran's...

How do you build a spaceship that features artificial gravity?
There are fields that one can create which affects matter is a similar way to gravity. One can use those to create "artificial gravity", and also to create "inertial dampeners", both very useful when building starships.

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Why are all the women giving high fives to each other?
Good question. I feel left out...

*gives high-five to MidnightViper88*

Quote:
so you're saying that it all depends on me and on how i perceive things instead of it really being or not in general sense? because you're not really answering questions, you come around for me to answer my questions.
No, I just want to know what your definition of "infinite" is. If it doesn't truly exist before you perceive it, would you call it infinite? If so, then infinity exists.

Note that for all useful intents, this would be considered infinite.

Old 10th July 2004, 07:47   #110
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Gravity generators are useful for making vehicles that defy gravity and makes them go really really fast. Just put a nice grav well in front of whatever you got and you fall into it.

Ok so I got this date right, Now what I want is simple. I don't know what she wants. How do I get what I want while giving her what she wants most efficently and economically and hopefully without any messy dramma.

Oh and why are so many of the men around her so whipped? "Wohpah!"

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2004, 07:58   #111
MStar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MStar Send a message via AIM to MStar Send a message via Yahoo to MStar
Democratic Ketchup
or
Republican Ketchup?

MStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2004, 08:59   #112
will

Quote:
And a question related to CaptainNuss's...

What is gravity?

According to general reativity, if we project 4-dimentional space-time onto a plane, space-time will warp the same way a large lead ball would warp a mattress, if it were placed upon one.

Now, if you imagine rolling a marble along the mattress so it just misses the lead ball, the path of the marble will bend as it crosses the indented part of the mattress. It may bend towards and hit the ball, or it may miss, but bend its path a bit.

Gravity works exactly the same. Mass warps space-time. Just in 4 dimentions, not 2.

To answer the question "what endows particles with mass?"
First we must consider that some particles have lots of mass (eg. the proton, neuton that make up the bulk of the mass in everyday objects) And some very little mass (neutrinos (produced bigtime in the sun), photons (the particles that light is made of, and electrons (about 1/1830 the mass of a proton).

As particles physics is a quite a young field, requiring very large equipment to find very small things. There is, however, a postulated Higgs Boson, a particle which has not been directly found, but would fill in a gap in the table of subatomic particles. It is postulated that this particle, if it exists, could be responsible for endowing other particles with mass.

The CERN particle accelerator recently got a "sniff" of what could be direct detection of the Higgs boson, however at the moment they are updrading their apperatus to better detect it.

Obviously, these two explanations contradict slightly, and marrying the two will require finding a grand unified theory of physics, the largest remaining challenge in science. I am in no doubt that one day it will be solved.

Old 10th July 2004, 11:44   #113
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by MStar
Democratic Ketchup
or
Republican Ketchup?
All I see is American Ketchup and German Ketchup. I don't see how democrats don't like home grown ketchup. Isn't it the Republicans who want smaller taxes (less tarrifs, more free trade) than the Democrats?

@will
I remember a Bill Nye the Science guy episode where bill layed a garbage bag on top of a garbage can and strappted it down with a large ruber band so it was tyte light a drum. He then put a large weight in the middle and rolled marbles twoards it to illustrate gravities effects on space.

I'm Back?
Old 10th July 2004, 17:14   #114
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Would you rather have sex with Seven of Nine, Scully or Major Carter?

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2004, 17:32   #115
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

Jeri Ryan. Definitely. Six-foot blondes rock my world.

Oh, the question wasn't for me. Sorry.

Old 10th July 2004, 21:31   #116
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Quote:
very very good question. major carter

I'm Back?
Old 10th July 2004, 21:42   #117
mark
Forum King

*head explodes*

DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE!
Old 11th July 2004, 05:41   #118
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
Ok so I got this date right, Now what I want is simple. I don't know what she wants. How do I get what I want while giving her what she wants most efficently and economically and hopefully without any messy dramma.

Oh and why are so many of the men around her so whipped? "Wohpah!"
Women want confidence (not arrogance, there's a major difference). What's the difference? The ability to laugh at yourself, and admit when you're wrong.Above all, acting like someone else won't score any points, unless you're a troll. Many want money - can't do much about that one.

Familiarity does not breed contempt, in fact, spending time with anything will make you like it more. Have anything from your early childhood that you've had around a lot of the time? How much do you like that thing?

Conversely, making yourself available to those you're dating usually doesn't work. You don't have to "play hard to get", particularly, but you shouldn't be available 24/7. Many people have problems with getting rid of people that they aren’t that interested in, due to this - they're only available when they want to be, and you wind up with the person still intrigued.

Also, people tend to dislike people that they have done something against. Perhaps they also tend to do things against people they dislike, but doing something against someone will definitely make that you like that person less. The inverse is also true - if someone helps you, they will probably like you more.

So get her to help you with something small occasionally - it will increase how much that person likes you.

People's emotional state affects their arousal. Do something that's going to get the adrenaline pumping - roller-coasters, a scary movie, etc. General activity also helps - the gym, for example. This is particularly important if you're an "aesthetic mismatch", if you know what I mean.

People don't particularly view each other when considering their opinion of them. They view how that person makes them feel. So do things to make that person feel good when you're around, and also try to avoid them when they're upset, at least initially. Often, they'll associate them with a state of being upset. So try to be around when that person is having fun.

On the other hand, lowered self-esteem often results from being in a "bad mood", so it's actually sort of a time to strike, as it were.

Men around her are whipped because they aren’t doing the right thing, or she's just a bitch.

There's a bunch more to be said, but I'll have to leave that for another post.

[edit]Almost all of this applies to men as well as women, as well as in situations other than "romantic" ones.[/edit]

Quote:
Originally posted by MStar
Democratic Ketchup
or
Republican Ketchup?
I can't say that I'm really thinking about political decisions when I buy my ketchup. I'd go with Heinz, though, because I really just don't care.

Quote:
Major Carter. Definitely.

Old 11th July 2004, 06:03   #119
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
No, I just want to know what your definition of "infinite" is. If it doesn't truly exist before you perceive it, would you call it infinite?
no.

Old 12th July 2004, 00:11   #120
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
no.
Then it's not infinate, and nothing is.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions