Old 12th July 2004, 00:44   #121
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by White Raven
Hehe, neither on the Pepsi/Coke question. *Gives xzxzzx a high-five*
Oh wait, I already got a high-five. Sweet!

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 00:53   #122
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
*gives high-five to MidnightViper88*
Now what would you say to me taming the one-eyed snake aforetime to the high-five?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 03:07   #123
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Now what would you say to me taming the one-eyed snake aforetime to the high-five?
I hit you in the head. It's called a xzxzzx-high-five.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 12th July 2004, 04:45   #124
xzxzzx
Forum King

Whoops, looks like I missed one.

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
If a person were sent to prision which would be more degrading, Having to give a man a hummer or getting reamed in the behind by that man?
Getting reamed in the behind.

Which is more degrading? Ramming someone in the ass, or having your dick bit off by an unwilling "partner"?

Old 12th July 2004, 05:07   #125
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Have you ever- no wait.. let me rephrase that. ... How many times have you answered a question with a question?

Have you ever tried to bullshit a bullshitter???
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 05:25   #126
xzxzzx
Forum King

I don't know, many times.

Yes, I've bullshitted bullshitters.

Old 12th July 2004, 05:35   #127
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

You watch oz too?

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 05:37   #128
horse-fly
Account Closed

I am 3 posts away from forum queen.

Why should people listen to you, xzxzzx?
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 06:53   #129
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteflip
You watch oz too?
I don't know what "oz" is, so probably no.

Quote:
Originally posted by horse-fly
I am 3 posts away from forum queen.

Why should people listen to you, xzxzzx?
I thought you were a guy, Mr. "Major Dude".

People should listen to me because I'm right - in other words, they should listen to the argument/statement and think for themselves. If they don't want to think for themselves, then they should listen to me anyway.

(in other words: I'M SMARTER THAN YOU ALL! HAHAHA!)

Old 12th July 2004, 06:56   #130
horse-fly
Account Closed

<- Transgendered...

1 post away!
Old 12th July 2004, 10:50   #131
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan, who's the better Bond? Also, Alias or 24?

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 10:52   #132
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Location: Switzerland Posts: The starting points at a racetrack.
Although I'm not xzxzzx: Sean Connery!!! There is no doubt about that.

Mia
Mrs_Mia_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 12:42   #133
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

well, i've allways thought it was Roger Moore.... but anyways.... one of the two

zxxzxzxzxzxzxzzzxzxzxzxzxzxzzxzxzxzxz question: what did you think about Denmark?
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 12:46   #134
mark
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by ertmann|CPH
well, i've allways thought it was Roger Moore.... but anyways.... one of the two

zxxzxzxzxzxzxzzzxzxzxzxzxzxzzxzxzxzxz question: what did you think about Denmark?
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 12:54   #135
siebe83
Forum King

so THAT's his full name...

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 15:09   #136
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs_Mia_Wallace
Although I'm not xzxzzx: Sean Connery!!! There is no doubt about that.

Mia
Well, I'm all for Brosnan, even though nobody can beat the dumb face Connery makes during the car chase in Dr. No... Moore has a great sense of humour, though...

(Bond dangles from a cable car a thousand feet up)
Dr. Holly Goodhead: Hang on!
James Bond: The thought had occurred to me.

Taken from IMDb

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
Old 12th July 2004, 18:14   #137
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
Then it's not infinate, and nothing is.
then what's at the end of the universe, at the border?

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 18:18   #138
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
?fuck the What

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2004, 18:59   #139
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainNuss
Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan, who's the better Bond? Also, Alias or 24?
Well, when I think "Bond", I think "Pierce Brosnan". However, Sean Connery simply kicks so much ass that it's impossible to pick anyone else.

Quote:
Originally posted by ertmann|CPH
xzxzzx question: what did you think about Denmark?
I thought the countryside was beautiful. The women were incredibly attractive - I don't mean to sound like a "chauvinist pig", but they truly were - I was just driving down somewhere in Copenhagen the first day I was there, and I just kept thinking "whoa" as I looked out the window, both at the buildings and the women. The "Scandinavian supermodel" stereotype appears to have more than a little truth in it.

It was intriguing to see buildings that were 400+ years old - I went to Kronborg, and an "Open air museum" (I can't remember the Danish name), which had a bunch of old buildings, which was really cool.

The people seemed friendly, though many of them seemed somewhat embarrassed at speaking English.

I think the public transportation systems are pretty awesome.

Tivoli was pretty cool, too. I also went to the beach, which was just... different. I got a couple awesome photos from there, though.

Many aspects of Denmark were just *different*, and I can't say that I liked or disliked them. I went to the movie theater, and was assigned a seat. I went to the movie concession stand, and it was like a mini candy shop.

Quote:
Originally posted by Coman
then what's at the end of the universe, at the border?
Nothing. Until you try to perceive it. Then there's something. Physicists would tell you that there is no edge, by the way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Myxomatosis
?fuck the What
Haven’t heard of them. Perhaps you're referring to the Who.

Old 13th July 2004, 03:09   #140
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
xzxzzx-san ga eiga o mimashita ka.

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 03:18   #141
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

how does one become happy?

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 04:16   #142
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
xzxzzx-san ga eiga o mimashita ka.
I'm sorry, I do not understand.

Quote:
Originally posted by Coman
how does one become happy?
Ah. This I can answer well.

Happiness is overcoming things in persuit of a goal.

Example: You are stranded on a desert island. You decide that you don't want to be stranded, and make a goal of getting off of the island, and back to civilization. If you build a raft, you will be happy. If you find things which will aid you in building that raft, you will be happy, etc.

Of course, that goal must be your goal. If someone forces this upon you, your goal might be to not do that thing - in which case, going towards that goal will not make you happy. Pick an thing you want, a state you want to achive, or any other goal, and work toward it. Making progress will make you happy. The bigger the things to overcome, the better.

Old 13th July 2004, 06:16   #143
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

But if setting goals makes you happy and you fail to make the benchmarks to achieve your goal wouldn't that make you sad? Couldn't you find yourself more happy by not having an expectations of yourself and thusly never disappointing yourself?

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 06:25   #144
xzxzzx
Forum King

No, setting goals doesn't make you happy. Making progress toward goals (while overcoming something) makes you happy.

Example:
"I am going to walk to the store for no reason." (goal)
If you go, you're probably not really overcoming anything.

You always have goals of some sort, unless you do absolutely nothing, or you do everything because someone else wants you to, and both of those situations are not going to make you happy.

Old 13th July 2004, 13:48   #145
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Have you ever used Sonique?

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 13:57   #146
siebe83
Forum King

Did you ever do sin?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 14:00   #147
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

What is YOUR favorite alcoholic beverage?

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 15:01   #148
mark
Forum King

should people have to pass a test to use the internet?

should peopel be breathalizer tested before going on IRC?
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 15:28   #149
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Why does everyone accept what the physicists believe currently, and what everyone else believes currently, without pausing to think that the fact that they (the authorities) have been wrong, or misguided, in some way or another for practically all of human history and that this is the basis for making a very simple, very accurate prediction about further accuracy in the present and future?

Why do people think that they'll approach perfect knowledge from imperfect data? The human mind is highly subjective, incapable of direct thought, consideration of the quadrillions of facts necessary to come to a complete understanding, or even decent memory recall. Are they too flawed to notice?
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 16:11   #150
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyltre
Why does everyone accept what the physicists believe currently, and what everyone else believes currently, without pausing to think that the fact that they (the authorities) have been wrong, or misguided, in some way or another for practically all of human history and that this is the basis for making a very simple, very accurate prediction about further accuracy in the present and future?
I don't. I study Biochemistry but I sure don't take everything for granted the professors tell me. The thought that all the quantum theories and everything we assume to know might be wrong occures to me a lot of times and I know plenty of people who think the same. Questioning things that are taken for granted shouldn't be underestimated, a lot of great ideas have derived from that

Mia
Old 13th July 2004, 16:16   #151
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Excellent statement, Mia, although my question was more directed to our thread-progenitor, who seems to think that keeping abreast of the latest scientific developments and understandings is keeping right.

He needs a disclaimer.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 16:22   #152
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

I know but I needed to add my 2 cents to that topic since I'm an aspiring scientist.

*keeping my mouth shut from now on*

Mia
Old 13th July 2004, 17:26   #153
horse-fly
Account Closed

Xzxzzx, why is the term called "2 cents" instead of some other term? I thought it was rather strange that people say "and that is my 2 cents", like Mia.
Old 13th July 2004, 17:31   #154
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Quote:
Originally posted by horse-fly
Xzxzzx, why is the term called "2 cents" instead of some other term? I thought it was rather strange that people say "and that is my 2 cents", like Mia.
I would like to know the same thing as I just realized through horse-fly's question that I have picked up that saying through the forum, there's no equivalent to this saying in German.

Mia
Old 13th July 2004, 18:06   #155
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs_Mia_Wallace
I would like to know the same thing as I just realized through horse-fly's question that I have picked up that saying through the forum, there's no equivalent to this saying in German.

Mia
I would like to know why there is no equivalent to this saying in German.

Old 13th July 2004, 18:06   #156
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Mia, I'll bet ya a dollar to a donut that you picked it up conversing with Americans!

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 18:28   #157
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Well, my Merriam-Webster's dictioanry has "two cents" listed in it...

1 : a sum or object of very small value : practically nothing <said angrily that for two cents he'd punch your nose> <realized it was my mistake and felt like two cents>
2 or two cents worth : an opinion offered on a topic under discussion <giving each speaker the feeling that he is getting in his two cents worth— Dwight MacDonald>

And I found this online:

Origin
Poker games often required a small bet to be made by a new player before they could join the game. Notionally offering two cents (or two bits) late came to be used as a way of entering your opinion in a conversation

But that's just my two-fifths of a nickel.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 18:36   #158
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4 Gogitta
And I found this online:

Origin
Poker games often required a small bet to be made by a new player before they could join the game. Notionally offering two cents (or two bits) late came to be used as a way of entering your opinion in a conversation
Are you saying we would have the saying in Germany if we played more poker??

Old 13th July 2004, 18:46   #159
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Quote:
No, but you might have two Euro's worth...

But that's jsut my

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 18:55   #160
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Quote:
Same thing I thought when I read the explanation...but we don't have specific sayings from "Skat" either which was played a lot a few decades ago at least. Maybe we just don't make a lot of comments and keep quiet so a saying like that never developed

Mia
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions