Old 13th July 2004, 18:55   #161
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
You know, actually, I would LOVE to have a few different denomination Euro coins... Anyone over-seas care to donate a few euro coins for the sake of adding to my coin collection??

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 18:57   #162
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Location: Switzerland Posts: The starting points at a racetrack.
We don't have Euros...care for some Swiss francs?

Just give me your address, phone and credit card number and I'll send some along!

Mia
Mrs_Mia_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 18:58   #163
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Phone number and addy, I can give. Don't have a credit card, though.

I think I have one OLD franc coin... I'd have to dig through my random foreign coins and see.

Old 13th July 2004, 19:09   #164
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4 Gogitta
You know, actually, I would LOVE to have a few different denomination Euro coins... Anyone over-seas care to donate a few euro coins for the sake of adding to my coin collection??
The euro coins and notes are the ugliest currency I've ever seen.

They ALL look like they've been designed by a burocratic commitee, and thats because they have.

For example, the notes show various pieces of architecture. But not one of the representations is of a real construction. Why? Because the one country wouldn't like it if it had to have anothers building/bridge/monument on their 10 euro note.

If people arn't ready to have each others monuments on their currency, then they arn't ready for a single currency.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 19:12   #165
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

never seen the paper euro currency, only the euro coins, which from what I've seen, have a different reverse for each country...

Mia: apparently it was this I was thinking about:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1855.jpg (52.8 KB, 92 views)

Old 13th July 2004, 19:14   #166
siebe83
Forum King

You're right. I would not have cared if only the eiffel (sp?) tower, brandenburger tor, sagrada familias and st. peter would have been on the notes, but some nationalistic people cared
now we have stupid bridges and fake buildings instead...
yeah!

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 19:19   #167
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Location: Switzerland Posts: The starting points at a racetrack.
Yeah SSJ4 Gogitta but that's a French Franc, I was talking about the Swiss ones, they have their own currency, it just has the same name...here's a site that shows you how all of them look:

http://www.swissmint.ch/d/produkte/index.shtml

I have to add though that I haven't seen the 1 centimes (Rappen in German) coins anywhere during the more than 5 years I have lived here...I don't think they really exist, all the prices in stores are always ###.95, never .99 so this one centime coin is a new sight to me I have to investigate that further.

Mia
Mrs_Mia_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 19:26   #168
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Ah, don't have anything that look like those...

Old 13th July 2004, 19:38   #169
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

I like these Penny's, too... only 4 I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pennys.jpg (41.0 KB, 76 views)

Old 13th July 2004, 19:47   #170
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs_Mia_Wallace
Maybe we just don't make a lot of comments and keep quiet so a saying like that never developed
Ha! ha! ha! You would never have said that if you had known me in person! (did I get the tenses in the if sentence right?)

Quote:
Originally posted by will
For example, the notes show various pieces of architecture. But not one of the representations is of a real construction. Why? Because the one country wouldn't like it if it had to have anothers building/bridge/monument on their 10 euro note.

If people arn't ready to have each others monuments on their currency, then they arn't ready for a single currency.
Yeah, that's just childish.

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
I would not have cared if only the eiffel (sp?) tower
Well, there are certainly more beautiful things in Europe than the Eiffel Tower, (or, La Tour Eiffel, as I think the French call it?) but in the end I wouldn't really care either.

On a sidenote, I just noticed how stupid a word "Rappen" is. Should be part of my collection of stupid words, which includes such german evergreens as "Suelze", "Gruetze" and "Schmalz". Languages are such marvellous toys, don't you think?

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 19:55   #171
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by hgnis
Have you ever used Sonique?
Yes, but I didn't inhale.

Quote:
Did you ever do sin?
Hmm. Define "sin".

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboWaboAddict
What is YOUR favorite alcoholic beverage?
I don't drink.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobby Nobbs
should people have to pass a test to use the internet?

should peopel be breathalizer tested before going on IRC?
No, and no. It's much funnier this way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Phyltre
Why does everyone accept what the physicists believe currently, and what everyone else believes currently, without pausing to think that the fact that they (the authorities) have been wrong, or misguided, in some way or another for practically all of human history and that this is the basis for making a very simple, very accurate prediction about further accuracy in the present and future?

Why do people think that they'll approach perfect knowledge from imperfect data? The human mind is highly subjective, incapable of direct thought, consideration of the quadrillions of facts necessary to come to a complete understanding, or even decent memory recall. Are they too flawed to notice?
What do you suggest as an alternative? The amount of data necessary to understand the basic concepts of any subject is staggering. If you took your whole life, and dedicated it to the study of, say, volcanoes, without the aid of preexisting knowledge, you would never be able to amass a tenth the amount of correct data that's already available.

Truth, by the way, is not absolute. Something isn't either "true" or "false". It can easily be "mostly true".

The idea that the sun orbits around the Earth was a very false idea, but it is fastly more true than the idea that a God in a chariot pulls it across the sky. So in actual fact, it was a great scientific advancement, even though we view it as "false". It was *more* true.

You will never have absolutely perfect data - in fact, there is a scientific law known as the "uncertainty principal" which essencially states that, though in very different terms.

Quote:
Originally posted by horse-fly
Xzxzzx, why is the term called "2 cents" instead of some other term? I thought it was rather strange that people say "and that is my 2 cents", like Mia.
If I recall correctly, it's a way of making your listeners more receptive to your opinion - you're being "humble", in sorts.

You're basically saying "here's my opinion, and I think it's only worth two cents".

I'll get to the rest of the questions later.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 20:19   #172
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
Gravity doesn't have a composition. Gravity is simply the curvature of space. All particles bend space around, and in on themselves, slightly. The more particles, the more apparent the effect. There aren’t any "waves" or "particles", it just works that way - it's like asking "why are there particles?".
Where's the uncertainty?

Quote:
Major Carter. Definitely.
No uncertainty there!

Quote:
Milk - there's already cheese, so there'd be milk.
Give me uncertainty or give me death! It's just the principle of the thing!
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 20:25   #173
siebe83
Forum King

Nothing is certain. So it would be useless to state that nothing's certain everytime you say something (I think).

Old 13th July 2004, 20:40   #174
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Nothing is certain. So it would be useless to state that nothing's certain everytime you say something (I think).
That is certainly correct.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 13th July 2004, 20:42   #175
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

If nothing is certain, how is it correct to say that nothing is certain, when everything could be certain?

Old 13th July 2004, 20:47   #176
siebe83
Forum King

If everything could be certain, 'nothing is certain' could be certain as well. But nothing is, so it's no use of saying everything could be certain, because nothing is. That's why you should not say 'everything could be certain' since that's a lie. Though that's not certain as well, since nothing is certain as everything could be certain. But it could, so it's not certain. So: nothing is certain. Well, off course, I'm just guessing...

Old 13th July 2004, 20:47   #177
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
If nothing is certain, how is it correct to say that nothing is certain, when everything could be certain?
Clearly we reach a contradiction, thus the statement "Nothing is certain" cannot itself be certain, implying that something could be certain.

Hence, we can always be certain about something, even if it is the statement "Nothing else is certain", which doesn't suffer from said contradiction.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 20:51   #178
Phyltre
Forum King

No no no, you're getting it all wrong. Some things are certain (else there would neither be perception or percieved), but WE do not know what they are. Therefore, our statements must therefore be uncertain, unless they reaffirm this principle.

What I was originally saying is that scientific theories change all the time, so sounding snooty about them is pointless (and contradictory!).
Old 13th July 2004, 21:38   #179
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

If several respectable scientist came out with proof that the world was flat would you believe it? Would you entertain their idea and evidence? Or would you call them crazy? Or would you do something that I have not asked yet?

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2004, 21:48   #180
xzxzzx
Forum King

It would have to be some damn strong evidence, considering that we have photos of the Earth being all non-flat and shit.

Old 14th July 2004, 01:10   #181
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

something i've always wondered: why do downloads start really fast but then decrease quickly.

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 01:52   #182
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Coman
something i've always wondered: why do downloads start really fast but then decrease quickly.
Basically, they don't. It's the software being inaccurate, due to the delay between when it requests the data and when it starts counting as the start time of the download.

Old 14th July 2004, 01:53   #183
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
beanboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 02:19   #184
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Even I can answer that. 71.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 02:59   #185
ScorLibran
Resident Floydian

xzxzzx: How old are you?

(I'll understand if you'd rather not answer this question.)

I'm a psychosomatic sister running around without a leash.
ScorLibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 04:17   #186
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by beanboy89
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
Well, you can get the answer with the following formula:
code:
((lick/(pi/(7-8+9-((6*2/3)+4))))+(0^(1.1x10^2 - (sqrt(100) + 1)))) + 1

This is true for sufficiently large values of "lick".

Quote:
Originally posted by ScorLibran
xzxzzx: How old are you?

I see no reason to hide my age other than if someone cares to argue based on it, "well, I'm older than you, so listen to blah blah blah", that just makes their position that much weaker.

Plus, I've got the trump card.

Old 14th July 2004, 04:19   #187
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
You certainly could be correct, except that if everything were certain, there would certainly be no certainty.

Old 14th July 2004, 04:19   #188
horse-fly
Account Closed

Is the trump card good for 10% off at Robinson-May?
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 04:22   #189
Phyltre
Forum King

well, I'm [one year] older than you, so listen to [my infinite intelligence]
Old 14th July 2004, 04:24   #190
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Is the trump card good for 10% off at Robinson-May?
No, I don't think so, but I'll try it.

Old 14th July 2004, 04:37   #191
horse-fly
Account Closed

What are the secrets to accomplishing astral projection?

What is your favorite game?

Do you prefer Bender from Futurama or Bender from The Breakfast Club?

Am I asking too many questions?

Nitrogen or Hydrogen?

Is zero times infinity equal to 1?

Where is the submit reply button?

Have you seen where I left my Smash Bros game?
Old 14th July 2004, 04:45   #192
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
What are the secrets to accomplishing astral projection?
There's no secret. Simply believe that you can, and you will.

Quote:
What is your favorite game?
Super Mario World.

Quote:
Do you prefer Bender from Futurama or Bender from The Breakfast Club?
Bender from Futurama.

Quote:
Am I asking too many questions?
No.

Quote:
Nitrogen or Hydrogen?
Hydrogen makes things go boom.

Quote:
Is zero times infinity equal to 1?
Nope. It's still zero.

Quote:
Where is the submit reply button?
Right there.

Quote:
Have you seen where I left my Smash Bros game?
Not recently, but have you checked under your bed?

Old 14th July 2004, 04:54   #193
horse-fly
Account Closed

What about the rule of a number multiplied by its reciprocal is 1? It is 0/1 * 1/0. Technically it should equal 1, but that also breaks the rule of anything multiplied by zero is zero. Stupid mathematics.
Old 14th July 2004, 05:00   #194
xzxzzx
Forum King

Yes, well, infinities don't work well in our mathematical system.

Old 14th July 2004, 05:19   #195
horse-fly
Account Closed

Did you do Speech & Debate in high school? It seems you would have been pretty good at it.
Old 14th July 2004, 06:21   #196
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Do you believe in the Almighty Llama?
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 07:06   #197
Vol. Fireant

Send a message via AIM to Vol. Fireant
Infinities work just fine.

The reason infinity x zero = zero is that when you multiply two numbers together you are simply saying that you have X groups of Y (i.e. 5 sacks with 4 potaos in each equaling 20 potatoes) so infinite groups of zero = 0 and zero groups of infinity still = 0.

Also (1/0)*(0/1) does not equal 1 or 0, why because you can't / by 0 (just try giving those 20 taters to zero people) there for (1/0)*(0/1) is drum-roll not possible.
Vol. Fireant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 07:06   #198
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Did you do Speech & Debate in high school? It seems you would have been pretty good at it.
No, I'm afraid not. I didn't go to a "traditional" high school. Debate is one of the only reasons I wish I had.

Quote:
Originally posted by ShyShy
Do you believe in the Almighty Llama?
Verily, the Almighty Llama cannot be believed in, or truely, even not believed in. There is only truth in the Almighty Llama, so much that one who does not worship the Almighty Llama might be swayed away, for though light is good, too much can blind. And so it is with the Almighty Llama, too pure to be seen unless one is blessed with the Vision of Llama.

Truly, there is no greater thing.

Old 14th July 2004, 07:11   #199
horse-fly
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally posted by Vol. Fireant
because you can't / by 0
There is a thereom(sp?) in Calculus that proves n/0 approaches infinity. That is why i figured to use 1/0.

Xzxzzx, don't worry. They have debate in college, but from what I hear, it is rather insane. You could give it a try there.
Old 14th July 2004, 07:36   #200
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vol. Fireant
Infinities work just fine.
Really?

Does infinity - infinity = 0?
Does 1 + infinity = infinity?

If so, then what about (infinity + 1 = infinity + 2)?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions