Old 18th November 2004, 12:06   #121
Germ
rules all things

People don't agree with you, dude.
You're the one in the wrong.

Nobody likes you here, you have zero intelligence. I know that if I wasted my time and shot all your previous arguments down into the ground, you would take them completely out of context and warp them into something they never were and claim that you were right, so I'm no longer wasting my time doing that. You are just a fucking idiot. You have no right to talk about MY intelligence at all... and what is this "we" stuff you're talking about?

Nobody is on your side. You're alone in your stupidity.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 12:07   #122
MagnumOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ

Nobody likes you here, you have zero intelligence. I know that if I wasted my time and shot all your previous arguments down into the ground, you would take them completely out of context and warp them into something they never were and claim that you were right, so I'm no longer wasting my time doing that. You are just a fucking idiot. You have no right to talk about MY intelligence at all... and what is this "we" stuff you're talking about?

Phewww!!! Thanks!! LMAO!!
MagnumOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 12:09   #123
Germ
rules all things

Phew? Thanks? LMAO? What are you saying these things for? Can you explain to me why you're phewing? And thanking me? And laughing?
Old 18th November 2004, 12:11   #124
gaekwad2
Foorum King

gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 12:41   #125
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by MagnumOne
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 12:42   #126
Jay_S

fact of the matter is....

MagnumOne, just a small smidgen of advice for you, sometimes its not the content of an arguement but the way in which its presented that can be a problem. While the basis of your arguements seem to be fairly sound, please note:

'THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE I HAVE ANY INTELLIGENCE!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!! '

I would assume this is fairly crystal to you.
Jay_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 12:59   #127
MagnumOne
Banned

Re: fact of the matter is....

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_S
MagnumOne, just a small smidgen of advice for you, sometimes its not the content of an arguement but the way in which its presented that can be a problem. While the basis of your arguements seem to be fairly sound, please note:

Well actually.. I am more than content with all of my answers, and by taking a close look at the surrounding factors,I am even more content.

I feel like I am trying to raise points with a group of kindergarten children,,,As I've said before it's an amazing situation when I see people replying to something that they have no knowledge of..

Kind of like someone starting a thread about the LOTR's and 20 people coming into argue points on the movie..Those same 20 people...Have never seen the movie..???? LMAO!!

I Love It!!.....It's an amazing group!! ..Keeps me in hysterics for hours...LOL!!

I do want to thank you for your input though..
Old 18th November 2004, 13:10   #128
MagnumOne
Banned

Re: fact of the matter is....

Quote:
MagnumOne, just a small smidgen of advice for you,

Actually.....

You feel that I should take these types of comments more seriously..Instead of laughing my ass off at them.. ??

Well.....Once again...I would like to thank you for your input...If it's all the same though...I'd rather laugh at them.. LOL!!

PS!!!I assume this is Crystal To You??
Old 18th November 2004, 13:23   #129
Germ
rules all things

Point is, I have read the Bible - you said I have not - like you actually know what I have or haven't done... but I have. I don't go arguing points about things I know nothing about. Why is it unbelieveable that I wouldn't still believe in it even after I read it?

Please try to make more sense in your replies and you don't have to use bold typing either. I can read the text just fine without bold. Please use a little less punctuation, one exclamation mark is fine to show excitement or whatever it is you're trying to show. One period ends a sentence, if you're asking a question you only need one question mark... etc.

Honestly I don't know why you're here, either you're trying to just get a reaction out of people or you sincerely believe what you're saying is true. Either way, you need to re-evaluate your position and make more sense.
Old 18th November 2004, 13:29   #130
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagnumOne
Actually.....That's not what that parable is referring to.. LOL!!

But go ahead and clue into it in whatever manner you see fit.. When you get it right, you'll know.
again, a self description. people have countless times clued into the bible as they see fit.

I think you're missing the point just as much as you think im missing it.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 13:33   #131
MagnumOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF

I think you're missing the point just as much as you think im missing it.
Well..There are literally millions that would disagree with you..

But then there are many that would agree..

I miss no points, I know all of them Extremely Well... To A Tee!
Old 18th November 2004, 13:44   #132
Jay_S

At the risk of appearing ignorant please could you clarify a few things for me.

No.1:

'Well actually.. I am more than content with all of my answers, and by taking a close look at the surrounding factors,I am even more content.'

I think for anyone who understands English it was plain to see I meant content as in 'substance', not content as in 'feeling of satisfaction'. Was this merely an oversight on your part or is there some comic undertone I have yet to grasp?

No.2:

'I feel like I am trying to raise points with a group of kindergarten children,,,As I've said before it's an amazing situation when I see people replying to something that they have no knowledge of..'

By announcing people have no knowledge of a particular subject are you implying you are an authority to decide this? Just because a persons opinion/view differs from your own means they cannot have read or understood something properly?

No.3:

'Actually.....

You feel that I should take these types of comments more seriously..Instead of laughing my ass off at them.. ??'

You're saying you'll achieve more by replying with 'LOL!!!' or 'LMFAO!!' than a coherent well balanced arguement?

I do find it a little difficult to comprehend, someone who practically announces their understanding of 'the word' finds it so difficult to use punctuation or minimize their use of BOLD.
Old 18th November 2004, 13:50   #133
MagnumOne
Banned

Quote:
At the risk of appearing ignorant please could you clarify a few things for me.

No.1:

'Well actually.. I am more than content with all of my answers, and by taking a close look at the surrounding factors,I am even more content.'

I think for anyone who understands English it was plain to see I meant content as in 'substance', not content as in 'feeling of satisfaction'. Was this merely an oversight on your part or is there some comic undertone I have yet to grasp?

No.2:

'I feel like I am trying to raise points with a group of kindergarten children,,,As I've said before it's an amazing situation when I see people replying to something that they have no knowledge of..'

By announcing people have no knowledge of a particular subject are you implying you are an authority to decide this? Just because a persons opinion/view differs from your own means they cannot have read or understood something properly?

No.3:

'Actually.....

You feel that I should take these types of comments more seriously..Instead of laughing my ass off at them.. ??'

You're saying you'll achieve more by replying with 'LOL!!!' or 'LMFAO!!' than a coherent well balanced arguement?

I do find it a little difficult to comprehend, someone who practically announces their understanding of 'the word' finds it so difficult to use punctuation or minimize their use of BOLD.
Well I can answer all of those quickly for you there Jay!!..Yes I am an authority and yes I do laugh at those issues I believe are hilarious..I also do like to make the part of my replies that I choose..Stand Out ..

Don't be concerned about your ignorance, I'm not
Old 18th November 2004, 13:56   #134
Germ
rules all things

I think it's about time we ban you, buddy
Old 18th November 2004, 13:57   #135
Jay_S

It was a risk of appearing ignorant, by your reply it validates I wasn't being so and as such, I have no concern.

Your reply is a total avoidance of the questions asked, have you not the intelligence to reply to any other question than one you create?
Old 18th November 2004, 13:58   #136
MagnumOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Germ
I think it's about time we ban you, buddy
Well..Ya gotta do what ya gotta do... Don't make the mistake of thinking that might be an important issue with me.. LOL!!

Bye!!
Old 18th November 2004, 14:00   #137
MagnumOne
Banned

Quote:
It was a risk of appearing ignorant, by your reply it validates I wasn't being so and as such, I have no concern.

Your reply is a total avoidance of the questions asked, have you not the intelligence to reply to any other question than one you create?
I reply to those which I feel are relevant..Not what others feel are relevant..

I respond at my choosing..

Ummm...Crystal??
Old 18th November 2004, 14:13   #138
Jay_S

You may reply, but you do not answer.
I find it hard to believe you could be an authority on anything other than avoidance.
Old 18th November 2004, 14:15   #139
MagnumOne
Banned

Quote:
You may reply, but you do not answer.
I find it hard to believe you could be an authority on anything other than avoidance.
The answers are all there

Your authoritive opinion.??

I have no problem with that, very happy with it actually...Thanks! Have a Great Day!!
Old 18th November 2004, 14:19   #140
Germ
rules all things

You too!!!!
Old 18th November 2004, 14:28   #141
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

MagnumOnes email and PMs don't work, so I'll have to say it here: You have been banned for 24 hours for flaming.

If anyone has any issues with this, please feel free to PM me. (i.e, keep it out of this thread)

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 16:34   #142
mikeflca
Major Dude

[removed, if you have issue with the ban, PM me. Lets get this thread back on topic. --will]

Magnunone, i find your position funny: anyone who has read the bible will believe it. Your arrogance is extremely juvenile, and then you go on to say "I feel like I am trying to raise points with a group of kindergarten children"........as you woukld say, like omg haha lol! lmao!

I find arguing over the bible, one way or another, rather funny in and of itself......you call those who disagree juvenile for not putting all their faith in a book? a book is....well....a book. woo hoo.

Also, if a girl today got pregnant and was a virgin, they would do a DNA test and find out who the father actually was.....too bad they had no such technology back then......

mikeflca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 16:46   #143
Wolfgang
Forum King

I bet that in those 24 hours he can produce at least 200 different desktops to post in the November Desktops thread.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 17:27   #144
Schmeet
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeflca

Also, if a girl today got pregnant and was a virgin, they would do a DNA test and find out who the father actually was.....too bad they had no such technology back then......
The word "Virgin" was mis-interpreted when it was translated. It actually means 'To have sex without being married'.... Or something along those lines.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2004, 17:59   #145
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeet
The word "Virgin" was mis-interpreted when it was translated. It actually means 'To have sex without being married'.... Or something along those lines.
No, It actually literally means virgin. There is nothing in the word that Matthew or Luke use, nor their contexts that would dictate otherwise.
Now maybe someone who refuses to believe in the virgin birth speculated that at some point in time, but there is really no reason to do so.

BTW, I just want to say that Magnum One's attitude, and manner of laughing at everyone is not coherent with my understanding of the Christian faith. Not that I'm judging magnum, but I just don't want you guys thinking that all christian's are that obnoxious, and disrespectful.
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeflca
I have come to the conclusion that the bible should not be taken literally. I believe you agree.
I agree with you, though, I would caution you to not look for a symbolic side to everything.
I have a feeling, from the tone I got from your post, the bible can be taken much more literally than you think at times.
Taking individual verses out of the context of the individual book is a much bigger threat to sound theology than literal/symbolic interpretations.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 01:28   #146
godoncrack
Forum King

What is the bibles stance on herb?
Fuck gay marriages and killing my neigbors for shit i'll end up eating a bullet for too.
Is tokage unholy?
godoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 01:38   #147
Germ
rules all things

mentions absolutely nothing about it
yet the christians think that it's wrong for some reason.
Old 19th November 2004, 01:39   #148
Timbaland

Godoncrack - Dont know, even if it was its not a big deal. Im sure back then alot more people toked then now after all the propaganda theres been since the 1930's

Germ - Not true, Im Christian and smoke all the time.

btw - The first time I smoked..I managed to let my little sister drown, hit a girl riding a bike at mcdonalds, let my friend drown in a lake, make my little brother feel bad by leaving his birthday party, stole money from my grandmas purse, and got my whole family killed by terrorists because I bought a dime bag.

LOL
Timbaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 01:51   #149
Germ
rules all things

Sorry bud but look at your signature. You can't claim to be part of the mainstream christian movement, you don't represent the views of the majority whatsoever
Old 19th November 2004, 02:00   #150
Timbaland

I didnt say that Im part of the "mainstream movment". I said Im Christian..and yeah, I dont represent the views of the majority. I smoke pot, Dont believe in organized religion, Im a Democrat, and so on. But I believe in Christ, so I think that makes me a Christian.
Timbaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 02:14   #151
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Originally posted by danzig
But I believe in Christ, so I think that makes me a Christian.
Well, even The Accuser (literal Hebrew for Sa-tan) believes in Christ, but what makes someone a Christian is if they pursue an active relationship with him. Ever heard the story of the Rich Young ruler?

Now ganja: is it sinful? no, not exactly; but when you start placing it in front of your relationship with Christ: that is sinful.

Old 19th November 2004, 03:17   #152
Mattress
Forum King

I think I can appreciate MagnumOne's humor, though he did carry it to an absurd and obnoxious extreme. He was really pissing Germ off and that's just funny because pretty much all I ever see germ try to do is piss others off.

I don't think smoking pot is a sin, just like drinking alcohol is not a sin. Just don't let it take over your life. I agree with everything Shakey Snake said.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 04:40   #153
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
I agree with everything Shakey Snake said.
I agree with everything Germ said.
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 06:48   #154
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
Just don't let it take over your life.
Letting anything take over your life is a bad thing. Including religion.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 07:12   #155
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

How is letting religion take over your life a bad thing?

Old 19th November 2004, 07:19   #156
General Geoff
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to General Geoff Send a message via AIM to General Geoff
Same reason why letting your government take over your life is a bad thing.

The only difference between a cult and a major religion is the budget.

General Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 07:46   #157
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Of course, the only difference between an atheist and a theist is that the atheist allows himself to be blinded by pride.

Tit for tat, Geoff

Old 19th November 2004, 08:01   #158
General Geoff
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to General Geoff Send a message via AIM to General Geoff
I'd rather be blinded by pride than faith.

General Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2004, 09:02   #159
Germ
rules all things

Why would you want to be blinded in the first place eh?
Old 19th November 2004, 09:14   #160
Jay_S

Quote:
Originally posted by shakey_snake
How is letting religion take over your life a bad thing?
Dependant on how extreme it 'takes over your life', fanatacism is a dangerous thing.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions