Nice to see you back Pixie!

Your dogs appear to be quite well off.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 15:57   #162
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
Its like a daycare here...lots and lots of toys!

I just stop in to get you wet with my presence,then I will leave you and find someone else.

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 16:08   #163
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

female playa?

i'm sure i've seen it all now
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 17:24   #164
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingo'mountain View Post
well, i was thinking of maybe [whine] where the text is hidden inside of a collapsable block so when you push the button it opens up inside the post, i'm sure it can be done in PHP, hopefully without java involved, if you don't know what i'm talking about i'll dig up an example
Sorry dude, i've been out of service for a bit.

I'm not so sure that can be done with a sig though.

I would also need an example of the coding as I know zero about that sort of thing.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 08:41   #165
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
We will send them some zyrtec!
There must be a woman somewhere who doesn't mind that your dog sometimes sleeps on your bed. My last came with shrieking at poor Daisy, who did not even understand what the hell she was screaming about.

Guess who I kept?

Last edited by rockouthippie; 18th June 2010 at 10:37.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 10:03   #166
ethan.hunt
Banned

Your DOG is smarter than other dogs.
Nice. you have taken good care of him.
We usually call guys
DOG (Darling Of Girls)
ethan.hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 14:40   #167
rockouthippie
Banned

A couple years back, I left Daisy with family and left for a month to work. Then I came back, but was really busy. I knew I was neglecting Daisy, but sometimes life doesn't give you good choices. As you might expect, I started having some problems with the dog. She missed me and started chewing up things like my socks. I scolded her, but understood. Things that smelled like me were the target of her attention.

I lost about $300 which I thought I had misplaced. I was a little confused, but figured it must be in the house somewhere. It wouldn't be the first time I stashed something and forgot where.

Things settled down and I found out what happened to the missing money. It was in itsy, bitsy pieces all over the back yard. We did have a rather loud talk about CHEWIN! I'd carried that money loose in my pocket all day, so I'm sure it smelled like me. More of the same. After getting over the urge to kill poor Daisy, again I understood. I missed her too.

Things went back to normal, the dog got enough attention, quit chewing. No problem.

I got a government check yesterday for $300 which was in an envelope marked "mut curr ref". I was thinking. What the hell is "mut cur ref"? Politicians buying votes again? I looked it up on the internet and it means mutilated currency refund.

It was my Daisy refund. I stuck the pulverized remnants of $300 in a plastic bag and sent it to the treasury, explained what happened. It took 2 years, but I'll be damned, they sent me a check.

Daisy gets a box of cookies I'm glad I didn't kill the dog. It was "touch and go" there for a minute though

Is it time to go outside? She is not asleep. She is really not supposed to be on my bed either. Meh.

Good morning Miss Daisy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3006.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	47154  

Last edited by rockouthippie; 24th June 2010 at 15:23.
Old 25th June 2010, 11:49   #168
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Old 25th June 2010, 12:58   #169
rockouthippie
Banned

They always do this ONCE! You've seen it. Luckily, dogs learn physics rather quickly.
Old 7th July 2010, 05:53   #170
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Whoever posted that originally is evil to post such a thing... but it was quite hilarious.

Old 7th July 2010, 08:31   #171
rockouthippie
Banned

I can't remember exactly, but I think all of my dogs have taken that leap. Usually it's when you're going pretty slow and I've never had one that got much more than a bruised ego. I think they think that as long as you're not going any faster than they can run...... physics class 101 for poochies...

Universally, they don't try it twice
Old 7th July 2010, 09:25   #172
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

My friend Joy's Boys

In the two shot Petey is the darker smaller dog(snicker) and Maxi is the lighter 185 pound slobber-puss. The Fart Twins are good boys and when they bark, they sound like a horror movie. >,< But they are gentle souls. Uh..just don't bother Joy.

Last edited by Widdykats; 15th March 2011 at 18:00.
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 22:55   #173
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Last edited by Widdykats; 2nd December 2013 at 15:45.
Old 1st September 2010, 13:01   #174
rockouthippie
Banned

Daisy - 10/31/00-08/30/10. Your kind thoughts are appreciated celebrating a happy life. For me, it's pretty cold at night in Oregon without one of my best friends. I wonder how long my feet will search for a warm pup on a cold night and make me cry a little not finding my old friend.

In her almost 10 years, she might have spent a few hours unhappy. If we could all have that life, we would be truly grateful.

Daze was my 7th dog, and like all my poochies, much loved. A decade seems somehow too short, but that's the extent of our canine friends.

Hug your pooch. People have signed up for about 80,000 years in our relationship with dogs to warm our feet and guard our kids. The relationship between ourselves and our dogs is familial. That is in the best tradition of our humanity.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 1st September 2010 at 13:54.
Old 1st September 2010, 13:57   #175
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

I'm sorry for your loss

I'm sure you must miss her like crazy - I know you loved her a lot.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 14:02   #176
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I'm very sorry Daisy passed! She was much loved and cared for. She was a very good dog.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:28   #177
rockouthippie
Banned

Daze never met a day without a hug and giving one. May we all be so fortunate.
Old 1st September 2010, 22:48   #178
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

R.I.P.

The thing I hate about large dogs is that they just don't last long. I still prefer them to small ones though. If you keep celebrating your time with her, it won't hurt as much to be without her. My guess is that you will eventually find another dog that isn't as good as Daisy in some ways and better in other ways.

Old 1st September 2010, 22:54   #179
fc*uk

I am sorry to hear this ROH. From the sounds of it, you gave her the best life a dog could ask for and she was a very good girl in return!
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:00   #180
rockouthippie
Banned

Yeah, big dogs don't usually last as long, but Daisy gave it a pretty good run, getting to be almost 10, with reasonable health for most of it. I'm not sure a guy could ask for much more than that, even out of a little dog.

I keep looking for that 45lb dog, but end up with 70+. The dog before Daisy was Morgen. He was not better than Daisy in any way, but in some ways he was as good. I have had some little dogs. The last one was a Brittany Spaniel named Beni. A lover, but about as smart as a box of rocks. It was the cause of his demise at 8.

Big dogs---- little dogs--- I don't really make dog choices looking at longevity as a big issue. So far, it seems like they last 10 years give or take. I've had 2 dogs that exceeded 100lbs. I think that does take a couple years off. One advantage is that it seems like the big dogs die quicker and don't hang around for 5 years being a blind old gomer. They may not live as long, but something has to be said about quality of life too.
Old 5th September 2010, 02:09   #181
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Hawt.

Old 5th September 2010, 08:25   #182
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

[img]http://topnews*****light/files/Snoop-Dogg_3.jpg[/img]

he's so young here, now the man's a middle aged loser having to make guest appearances in other music titles, shame..... getting himself defamed with drug problems... but then again, all celebrities do drugs at least once in their career, where they take it after that first time is where things get nasty... i'm 25 and still haven't touched 1 cigarette, only an occasional beer or a seldom vodka mixed with something, but that's it.

you have my condolences RoH, i know what it is to lose a good friend, human or not, not much more i can say besides it will get better with time, just know that she's still with you in spirit, same as human spirits.

btw.... a little ventrilo harassment that used snoop dog's song perfectly!!!
(if you don't have the patience, it's on 2:00)
Old 5th September 2010, 10:03   #183
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
Hawt.

Renee!!!
Old 6th September 2010, 01:12   #184
rockouthippie
Banned

A dawg that shows his belly in front of a warm fireplace is a dawg that is a secure and happy dog. Doin' right by them. Daze probably cost me 3 or 4 tons of good kibble, a hundred boxes of milkbones, 2500 pizza crusts, 2500 link sausages, 100 lbs of steak fat, 10 gallons of bacon grease, 400 bananas, the last of a few hundred tuna fish sandwiches, 500 loaves of bread, a couple grand in vet bills, $300 dollars chewed, but I'd have to figure I got 10,000 hugs, warm feet if I was cold. Go figure.

I wanna build a fire and join your pup on the rug

Last edited by rockouthippie; 6th September 2010 at 03:57.
Old 9th September 2010, 13:07   #185
rockouthippie
Banned

I think I'm going to pass on young Lena here. Lena is a little too much dog for me as far as pedigree because I don't care about breeding her, but she sure is a cute little Rottweiler. If I could chew the breeder down to a grand I might think about her though. She is AKC champ lined and a ticklish, silly puppy that likes belly rubs. Lena is going to be a 110 lb good girl.

Eh.. just window shopping really....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lena.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	47543  
Old 9th September 2010, 13:19   #186
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ FUCKKIT!! Get her!111 She's a beauty. And she and you need each other! So, there, too either.
Old 9th September 2010, 14:58   #187
rockouthippie
Banned

Send me $1700 and I'll just dash right down there. If Lena was really worth $1700, I would be more interested/ More like $900. That would be really top dollar. For one thing, I think she's gonna get too big to be standard. I might want another Rotty, but bitches should only weigh about 90 lbs and Lena here is gonna be 120 if she's an ounce.

The next dog might not even be a Rotty and it probably won't be this year. I've had as much fun with the low budget pound puppies as my purebred dogs. My worse dog was a show quality Golden Retriever named Kahn. When a neighbor a few blocks away stole him and I found out a month later, I said "keep him"! The dog was a 100% snot. He was the most beautiful retriever I have ever seen and the biggest shithead I have ever owned. He was ghastly expensive. As far as I know, the neighbor kept him forever, but forever might not have been very long with me He's the only dog I ever gave away and the only one where I would have even considered it.

See. These things work out. I'm not in a hurry. I probably have another doggie life or two in me.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 9th September 2010 at 16:51.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:48   #188
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Good to hear! That pup is pretty, though. Of course, I think all puppies are pretty. Uh, and they usually are.
Old 9th September 2010, 23:16   #189
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I think just about anyone that pays attention to dog topics knows that pedigree/purebred dogs often have traits that are in direct conflict with those of overall good pets. Most people that give dog selection advice to me tell me to just get a good sized mutt, preferably one that has some breeds in his/her blood that match your pet-related hobbies or lifestyle.

Then again, the dog I posted above can be a real pain in the ass at times, and yet I'm still as attached to him as I am with the other two that are pretty much zero maintenance and much more obedient.

So far, I haven't paid to pick up a dog, but if I see a really good lab (or for some reason I'm sucked in by huskies/malamutes too), I might have to open the wallet.

Old 9th September 2010, 23:26   #190
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I had two Malamutes! Both females from same Bitch and Dog. Different litters. They were beautiful and sweet with people , and a pain in the butt with dogs who they weren't "packed" with, so in a public place they were leashed, At the time I lived a more outdoor lifestyle. I had a great Shepherd. She was one smart dog. She was also a looker. I want a pup now, but it isn't a good time for it, so I have to wait. *sigh*
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:53   #191
rockouthippie
Banned

Name:	Picture0001.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	47594

We don't have a name yet, but we were dumped by irresponsible people after they got evicted. It seems like we are a mix of shar pei and german shepherd. We are super sweet and about 4 months old.

Old 22nd September 2010, 05:07   #192
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Online friend of mine showed me this. What is most funny is the the guy talking.

thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:56   #193
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
Attachment 47594

We don't have a name yet, but we were dumped by irresponsible people after they got evicted. It seems like we are a mix of shar pei and german shepherd. We are super sweet and about 4 months old.

And we are as cute as can be. What a handsome boy~ Congratulations...You're a Dada!
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:30   #194
rockouthippie
Banned

It is a girl Wid. I was thinking about borrowing Lena from the Rottweiler pup above for a name. She is already in love with daddy. I haven't really decided on a name. She's had it kinda rough. She'll be better when she figures out she finally got a forever home.

I think with a little TLC, she's gonna be my favorite doggie pal. I'll post some better pictures soon.

I got her from the neighbor that took her when she was abandoned by some people that just left the poor baby after an eviction. He already has 2 dogs and he didn't feel like he could do right by her. I'll love her up and she's gonna be fine. Poor pup needed a daddy. I needed a pup.

It'll be good
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:22   #195
rockouthippie
Banned

Back on the subject of some breeds being better than others for house pets. It's true. On the other hand, looking back and owning dog #8 now, I know that my choice of poor training methods caused a lot more trouble than breeding. I think dogs are almost universally trainable using non-violent means. Being violent with them only teaches them that violence is an option. They only kill their masters?

Remember, we've interfered with the breeding of these pooches for 80,000 years to make them our pal. They universally want to please you. I don't think you wanted to be the "alpha wolf". You wanted to be daddy. Modern animal behavioralists call into question the "alpha wolf" view of dog pack ordering. Maybe he's not the biggest, baddest wolf after all. Maybe the alpha is just plain old dad.

You would probably find "Animals make us human" by Temple Grandin an interesting read. Be suspicious of any dog training books or trainers that would have you employ violent means. No rubbing your dogs nose in poo.

Dogs may seem like they have our emotional states, but the don't. A great deal of their contentment is how they view themselves in their "pack". They will conform to training on that basis. They don't mind being the lowest on the totem pole. If they understand how to conform, they will usually take the path of least resistance.

Understanding them has given me better dogs.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:09   #196
fc*uk

Quote:
She's had it kinda rough. She'll be better when she figures out she finally got a forever home.
My pit has had it "kinda rough" too. I know he was left in a home alone for a year and checked on by a neighbor once a day. He's got a bladder and bowels of steel, for which I am somewhat thankful (I would suspect that he could hold it for 24 hours if I ever made him. Sometimes he almost does it by choice). If asked, I would also say that, being a pit, he was also being groomed to be a bad boy. Massive aversion to any long skinny objects such as brooms, mops, canes.

He's gotten over most of it (I'll likely never be able to get him over the long skinny object problem) now that he knows he has found a home he can settle down in. It's an amazing change. No longer tears the house apart due to his separation anxiety. No longer thinks he has somehow been bad when he needs to go outside more than once a day. Lays his head on my shoulder when I have to drive him anywhere ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bugsy.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	47602  
Old 24th September 2010, 08:19   #197
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Good story and great photo.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:23   #198
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

A lot of dogs 'attack' brooms etc, it may not have to do with his past. It could be, of course.
The dog I had always jumped right in front of it when I was vacuuming the floor, trying to bite and play with it.
My cat on the other hand runs as soon as I walk towards the vacuum (wrong thread, I know, but he's an animal aswell). There's something unnatural about those tools I guess.

Great shot, I love to see how relaxed he is.

ROH: It's great to see you have a new pal again now I hope she can show you that she has talents that neither of your previous dogs had

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 14:37   #199
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Old 24th September 2010, 23:24   #200
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
It is a girl Wid. I was thinking about borrowing Lena from the Rottweiler pup above for a name. She is already in love with daddy. I haven't really decided on a name. She's had it kinda rough. She'll be better when she figures out she finally got a forever home.

I think with a little TLC, she's gonna be my favorite doggie pal. I'll post some better pictures soon.

I got her from the neighbor that took her when she was abandoned by some people that just left the poor baby after an eviction. He already has 2 dogs and he didn't feel like he could do right by her. I'll love her up and she's gonna be fine. Poor pup needed a daddy. I needed a pup.

It'll be good
I'm sorry...I should have seen she was a pretty girl pup! And you're still a new daddy.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions