jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2001, 06:39   #362
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

Send a message via AIM to DJ ROACH
can we change the subject?
to something relevant to this?
something not about you but about them (basically not talk about your selfs)
it is not the time to say how fuct one another is period
this a nasty subject and we should treat as such.
lets talk about the current issues at hand.
IE not how much you support your country or how much you dont support another unless there is some point behind it.
alot of things are happing today tomorrow and the next in the news and in the paper and on your streets
does any one here have anything to say about major decision being made by are government?
i know a few do.
it seems those few are being side tracked by people who want to type drivel that real only has relevance to the others typing drivel because they have nothing interesting to ad.
Opinions are cool but like the cheesy saying goes they are just like assholes everyone has one.
so lets talk about some current events and how they impact your life or others and your thoughts on them.
not this grade school drivels.
p.s.
please exclude your selfs (everyone) i dont want any of the few to get the wrong idea im not talking to you.
and btw if you take offence to this post then maybe your one of the persons im talking about.
one more thing i have some very interesting things to ad, i have not seen any place i want to ad them currently because of the things ive seen in the last few pages.
ill give you a peace i have a good friend who is special enough to have been flown to N.Y. tuesday afternoon because he contributes a great deal into the search and recovery of live victims,
im updated daily on actual things happing at ground zero ill tell you one thing media is not doing you any justice for whats real happing at ground zero.
DJ ROACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2001, 07:20   #363
Aspiration

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle

BTW, for "aspiration"'s benefit, I was speaking of modern American policy.
Well then, you could have avoided any confusion at the outset by merely stating that in your original post.
Aspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2001, 07:24   #364
Aspiration

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_sax

actually it's noble in Canada to not have a war in the first place
Try as you may young sax, you will not convince me nor anyone else that it is noble to run from your duty to protect your homeland; nor is it noble to let your neighbor fight your battles for you--as it seems that is what you are asserting.
Old 18th September 2001, 07:28   #365
Aspiration

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
No. Is it impressive in your country to post like an ass?
Neo, you are a confused lad. First, you were the one wishing for war recently in this thread. So any point you think you may have made is extinguished by confusion. Furthermore, your Canadian counterpart made an ass of himself (while flaming you I might add) and you just put yourself in league with him. Take care in choosing your allies, or you just might end up being the ass...
Old 18th September 2001, 07:52   #366
Aspiration

I agree with you ROACH. We should try to go back to serious, meaningful discussions. I fear, however, that any attempt will again reveal how out of touch some people are with the serious state of affairs in this country and the world over. Maybe they are too young to grasp the gravity of the situation. Maybe they are too removed from the situation to fully appreciate the magnitude of the tragedy. I don't know what the problem is, but anyone keeping up with this thread should realize how this exchange began. Or maybe only those truly sympathetic to our plight can see the insult contained in lighthearted postulations of what our response should be. Maybe I was wrong for being offended by an ignorant suggestion that those who will give their lives in the pursuit of freedom will give it in an attempt "to make the US seem scary again." (See Mr. Sax on page 9 of this thread).

I don't know...I thought there would be more informed, intelligent members in this forum--I have always thought so highly of everyone here. Maybe it's anti-American sentiment that is dominating this thread, or anti-war sentiment, or anti-Aspiration sentiment...but the majority of people posting lately have simply missed the point. I have taken up enough room on this forum addressing this situation rationally, and I think intelligently. I am disheartened by the support for ignorance, and cowardice. Someone has to fight this battle, and it will ulitmately be America mostly, if not solely. It is a call I am not eager to answer, but answer I would were I called. That's noble. That's honorable. The other stuff you see here is shameful...for Canucks and any other nationality including American (although I don't see any Americans saying their mommies would smuggle them out of the country...again see post by sax on page 9 of this thread). This juvenile insolence has infuriated me so that I am beginning to believe all the negative things our parents and grandparents are saying about our weak-ass generation. I have always thought that we could be relied upon to defend freedom and honor, but the people posting on this thread make me question our resolve. Please, please someone post something to renew my faith in the worthiness of our generation.
Old 19th September 2001, 06:44   #367
mr_sax
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mr_sax
yea well, you started it!

mr_sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2001, 16:11   #368
Aspiration

Well...that's not exactly the mature reaffirmation I was looking for Mr. Sux, but it is roughly how I would expect you to reply.

Furthermore, it's obvious to all that your disrespect was the impetus for the smack down you deserved and received.
Old 19th September 2001, 17:32   #369
mr_sax
Major Dude

LOL!

er.. i'm leaving this one, i quit this discussion since this guy attacks me way too much

Old 19th September 2001, 18:33   #370
Revrick

Food For thought:

Recently I was called as a precursor to my possible reactivation into the USAF. My role in the USAF was/will be a Combat Controller
Definition of duties below:
Quote:
Since they are under the Air Force, most people do not realize that Combat Controllers may deploy into a hostile environment by land, sea, or air. Their combat role is to establish assault zones with air traffic control capabilities. Their jobs include placing enroute and terminal navigation aids, air traffic control, communication command and control, and removal of all obstacles and unexploded ordinance with the use of demolition's.
Typically, combat controllers are used to 'flush' out areas to use as mobile command center's, landing sites and etc.

I just thought it would be an interesting note to add.
[I'm eager to do whatever I can to put an end to fear.]
Revrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2001, 20:36   #371
Aspiration

Quote:
LOL!

er.. i'm leaving this one, i quit this discussion since this guy attacks me way too much
Uhhh, are you serious?

That's not an attack...I think you should go back to your poll thread (you know the one where you essentially ask people if they like you) and reread some of the criticisms there. It's YOUR attitude that is harsh, abrasive, combative and disrespectful. And that is, once again, how this whole charade started.
Old 19th September 2001, 20:41   #372
Aspiration

Revrick,

You assert a very serious and sobering reality. All of America is proud of you though, and you should be proud of yourself as your actions will help not only us, but people the world over as well.

Godspeed my friend, and you and all the other fighting men and women will be held close in our hearts and thoughts.
Old 20th September 2001, 00:20   #373
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Quote:
Originally posted by Revrick
Food For thought:

[I'm eager to do whatever I can to put an end to fear.]
Thank you Revrick. Your statement is a strong one, My god watch over you and your family and keep you safe. I dont know what else to say, but your statement was felt in my heart, and brought tears to my eyes, for you sir, are willing to give your life for the better of others. Please let us know if you leave, (or send an email to me). I will light a candle in your honor.

My family is military also, and they are very prepared to do what it takes to settle this. My mom is going crazy because my dad just retired 3 weeks ago (air force), and wants to enlist himself in. He has served in vietnam and the golf war. The really ironic thing is he is one of the survivors of Tuesdays tragedy.

~ Missy
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2001, 00:30   #374
mr_sax
Major Dude

would you stop, please, Aspiration?

Old 20th September 2001, 01:27   #375
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

sax i think you are a little to worried! i dont like people not liking me either, how everyou may get a little bit more respect if you show a little thought into the whole picture he is trying to paint for you.

revrick you got more patinetice then i, i thank you for it.

missy your dad sounds like a wonderful person.

looks as thought everything is unfolding in fornt of our eyes.
(no pun intended i meant the issue at hand) like duh he he he

anyways i think the best way to keep your self informed about everything would be to listen to npr (national public radio)

i know from 3am (pst) to 9am you can listen here plus through out the day at www.kcrw.com htis is a local college station here in socal.
they also have great eclectic music too.

oh bwfore i forget aspiration the little sig under your name looks alot like my favorite plant
Old 20th September 2001, 01:29   #376
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

i did not fix my last post for its spelling errors yes i know...to much of my favorite plant.
Old 20th September 2001, 04:21   #377
mr_sax
Major Dude

the reason why i'm telling him to stop is because i said i give up and he turns that into another "oh boy mr.sux you're immature"

and over and over

i see it all over the place, everywhere i post he replies saying i'm immature.
so i'm getting sick of it, but i'm not going to argue/flame him for it, i'm just going to leave it, that must show SOME maturity!?

Old 20th September 2001, 04:33   #378
Forevever
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Forevever Send a message via Yahoo to Forevever
[back on topic]
As an only child, I can't relate to the specific loneliness that others who have no brothers or sisters have expressed to me. Simply because my mother had 9 brothers and sisters. Giving me at least 27 cousins.

Since I was also from a single parent home, I spent a lot of time with one specific Aunt, who had a daughter and a son, both of which were close to my age, and we were all very close.

They are truly my brother and sister in my heart, even if they are only cousins....

We've lost touch in the last few months, as that happens. People have lives..

Today I got this email
Quote:
Email from my cousin:
I felt that this was an appropriate time to send out John's new address. It is not very often that he gets to check his e mail, but he can read our letters over and over again. We haven't heard any news from him yet except that his ship has been deployed, it is no longer in Washington (state), but they will not tell us any information as to its whereabouts. I will try to keep everyone updated as I get any information from him, but if you get a chance, I am sure he would appreciate any contact from home. If you have any questions for me, you can e mail me at:
XXXXXXXXX@aol.com
Thanks and God Bless,
Jennafer
Hindsight is always 20/20.. and now I almost wish I'd been a little less supportive of his joining the Navy... I'm pretty fucking scared.

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Forevever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2001, 08:02   #379
Aspiration

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ ROACH

1. sax i think you are a little to worried! i dont like people not liking me either, how everyou may get a little bit more respect if you show a little thought into the whole picture he is trying to paint for you.

2. oh before i forget aspiration the little sig under your name looks alot like my favorite plant
Thanks for 1.

And as for 2, well ya' know...
Old 20th September 2001, 08:05   #380
Aspiration

Quote:

so i'm getting sick of it, but i'm not going to argue/flame him for it, i'm just going to leave it, that must show SOME maturity!?
Yes it does sax...I'm glad that I could cast a sliver of light upon your path of life. Consider the hounds called off...just be cool.
Old 20th September 2001, 12:10   #381
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Quote:
Originally posted by Forevever
[back on topic]
Hindsight is always 20/20.. and now I almost wish I'd been a little less supportive of his joining the Navy... I'm pretty fucking scared.
I completely understand your fear. It sucks, It hurts, your emotions go on a big rollercoaster that you just cant get off of. You want to cry, or wish you could just turn back the hands of time and make it all different.

It is a reality that our country is going to combat war. It will not be pretty. We will lose loved ones, men and women alike. Please continue to be proud and supportive of your "brother". He needs the strength and positive feelings that you can express to him. Let him know that you love him, but that you are proud of him for being so brave, and that he loves his country and fellow man enough to fight for it. I am sure he is scared also. Fear can be our worst enemy.

In vietnam, the moral of the american soliders was very low. Not just because they may have not believed that they should not be there, but because of the negative response they all received from Americans. They were fighting a war, getting killed, and had no support at all. The gulf war, on the other hand, was supported by Americans and the armed forces was backed by american pride. I know they are 2 separate wars and times, but the attitudes that were expressed to them made a huge difference.

Please know you have this forum to come to so you can express your feelings, or feel free to pm or email me hon. We are living in a scarry time right now, and what we need to do is be proud of our country as a whole, stand together, love one another, and be proud of those who are willing to fight so we dont have to live in fear.

Good day all,

~ Missy
Old 20th September 2001, 12:49   #382
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Chev wishes to re-enlist in the Navy but has passed the age deadline
I would have been in my 21st year had I stayed.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2001, 19:28   #383
Aspiration

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
Chev wishes to re-enlist in the Navy but has passed the age deadline
That's noble of you Chev...I'm sure you will find other ways to lend support in the coming times.
Old 20th September 2001, 19:31   #384
Aspiration

Methinks I'd like to marry Missy...
Old 20th September 2001, 22:36   #385
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Aspiration
GET IN LINE, PAL!!!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2001, 22:45   #386
randman

Quote:
Methinks none of us stand a chance.
Old 20th September 2001, 23:03   #387
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
i was thinking of joining the ROTC for college money so my parents could afford to send my siblings through, but now i'm not so sure. its not that i dont love my country, its that i dont wanna die. i could be a logistical weenie behind the line of combat (hi al gore) but thats not my style. oh well, i'm not sure what to put here, so, end of post.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2001, 06:50   #388
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
Quote:

That's noble of you Chev...I'm sure you will find other ways to lend support in the coming times.
Visit your local rifle dealership Chev!
Bizznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2001, 15:14   #389
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
i could be a logistical weenie behind the line of combat (hi al gore) but thats not my style.
LOL LOL LOL LOL that just struck me as verey funny.

i would think of inlisting if i did not have a a girlfriend that i live with.
but i do, so i wont put her thru what some of you folks are felling.
besides it probaly would ensure the end of our relationship.

my hart goes to the people with family involved.

one more thing, they were finding live people all over the trade center.
you wont hear this on the news
they just could not get them.
they knew they were there and they new they were alive.
but how do you get down 60'?
it realy tears you up to think that peoples family mebers are (were)
alive in the ruble and there was nothing we could do.
Old 21st September 2001, 16:16   #390
missyob
Angel of Winamp

To DJ ROACH

I may be way out of line here, but I need to say this. This is not a flame at all hon, just what is popping into my head.

Quote: "i would think of inlisting if i did not have a a girlfriend that i live with.
but i do, so i wont put her thru what some of you folks are felling."

Do you and your girlfriend live in America Roach? If so, how could you not be feeling something? We live in the land of the free, no other place on earth is like that. If the destruction of buildings and Human life does not effect your heart and mind in some way, you must not understand the seriousness of this whole situation.

Quote: "besides it probaly would ensure the end of our relationship. "

If you really wanted to enlist and fight against terriorism, and for freedom you would. This war is not over, and the attacks on America are not over. You may feel a little more comfortable now that some time has passed, but there are still terrorists living in the USA, not foreign countries, but right here on our soil, they are dormant at the moment, but ready to strike again in a moments notice. If what they stand for {terrorism} is attacked, they will attack us again. Please think about this, it could be you or her that is killed next. If your relationship was ment to be, then it will endure the stresses of the sacrifices that need to be made for our future. If brave people do not stand up and fight, then what we take for granted will be no longer.

Our military is at an all time low, down 40% of what it was when we fought the Gulf War. We need to do what we can to fight for our rights, It may not be going on the front line, but we can all do something to contribute.

Bless us all,

~ Missy

ps y'all dont want to marry me, I am way to pigheaded, but thanks for the compliments.
Old 21st September 2001, 16:50   #391
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

point taken missy, i realy have lots of other issues that i felt i did not need to share.
im pigheaded too so dont think i would not go for just that one reason. (i should have put more thought into the way i posted that)
i have some ill family members that it would probaly kill for 1
i have money issues that cant be put on hold.
also people counting on me for the next 4 months that i have already committed to.
there are other things that are to personal to tell people but they are also factors.
sorry if i upset you it wasn’t meant that way.
what i can do and am in the process of trying to get to is.
volunteer fire fighter
and dog training (police and human recovery).
among other things they may be small but its better then just sitting on my ass.
i also have to wait a few weeks before i can even get into the volunteer thing.
i also owe the state of california about $2500 and $1100 to the state of oregon. from what i understand those would have to be paid before they would enlist me.
Old 21st September 2001, 16:52   #392
NukePeng

this has nothing to do with ppl's argumetns /\ I heard last night that rescue workers uncovered eight or so people with thier arms linked together in a circle... dead . They all suffocated cuz no 1 had got there fast enough. Thats terrible, if i had uncovered this i dont know what i would of done. I had to stop and think about this before i could do anything else. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
NukePeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2001, 17:26   #393
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ ROACH
point taken missy, i realy have lots of other issues that i felt i did not need to share.
im pigheaded too so dont think i would not go for just that one reason. (i should have put more thought into the way i posted that)
You dont have to put thoughts into what you post here, this is one of the things makes the internet and America so great ~ Freedom of speech!

My post was not an attack on you. Please dont take it that way, it is just what you wrote sparked feelings and thoughts in my head and I typed away.

As far as them finding bodies in the rubble, I am sure that there were people that lived through the collapse of the building and they could not be rescued in time. It makes one feel really helpless..........

For the one incident, I did not hear that specific story, maybe someone else has.

Have a good day everyone,

~ Missy
Old 21st September 2001, 17:32   #394
mr_sax
Major Dude

that is really really scary...
imagine first living through the nightmare of the falling buildings, then living and diing in another.. my god, have mercy

that's just as disgusting as the people's body parts scattered around the buildings...

Old 21st September 2001, 20:58   #395
Aspiration

Quote:
Originally posted by NukePeng
I heard last night that rescue workers uncovered eight or so people with thier arms linked together in a circle... dead . They all suffocated cuz no 1 had got there fast enough.
My god...what has the world come to?

If it's not true, the mere thought of it is still horrific.
Old 21st September 2001, 23:48   #396
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

missy i knew you were not flaming me thats why i said i was sorry.

your right you normally dont have to think about it, i think this is subject matter that needs thought thou.

yeah sax could you even imagine that, its absolutely horrible!
the mere thought of living thru something that bad.
then dying because of something not as bad (dehydration)

i know some other things about the rescue efforts.
im sorry i dont think that i should share them at this time.
when my friend gets back and i have his permission i will tell all ive heard from him.

asp if i saw that no telling what i would do the thought of it makes me wana cry.
Old 22nd September 2001, 03:28   #397
griffinn
Court Jester
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to griffinn
On a brighter note, here's proof that New Yorkers can find something good in any situation.

The smiley slot machine! | Quotable Blog
griffinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2001, 05:15   #398
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

i dont know about because it happend sex.
but while its happing sex (if you could get it up)
now thats something id think about more, id like too go having sex.
that would probaly be the best way!
Old 22nd September 2001, 06:01   #399
NeoRenegade
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NeoRenegade Send a message via AIM to NeoRenegade
I wouldn't mind dying having sex. It would at least mean I've finally had sex!
NeoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2001, 09:24   #400
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
Know what I don't get?

Is the people parading at some Bay Area universites saying "No" to war and stuff like that. It's not like we are going to war against another country, we are simply going after terrorist groups that not only are respnsible for killing our people, but for killing many other innocent people around the world. NOT going and fighting those people only causes further attcks to become possible, and more innocent people will die. The US has called to action people who will go out and get rid of those terrorists that plague our world.

I don't know about you guys, but there was a scene in a movie I saw a couple of years ago called "The Beach" where there was a scene where American students visited this land and encountered some terrorists and were shot for no reason, leaving only Leo DeCaprio alive (darn!). This scene molded my view on terrorism in this world, I also think they all should be wiped off this planet. Bush is doing the right thing by taking actions against those terrorists.
Bizznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions