Old 11th September 2001, 18:14   #121
mr_sax
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mr_sax
this'll be in history classes for years to come. this is a landmark in history, and we're witnessing it.

this is freaky! bush has gone bezerk and these guys are probably gonna die for what they did. what about the planes that flew into the towers? weren't tarrorists flying them? they died didn't they?

mr_sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:15   #122
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
Off, subject, but talk of Pearl Harbour makes me laugh, especially in the face of the USA's rage at the WTC attack that happened today.

Remember what the USA did after the attack on Pearl Harbour?

You killed 1.2 million japanese civilians! Kinda pales in comparison to the whole WTC thing...
Well, that was a bit different. We were in the middle of a war. This is a terrorist attack.

I'm not saying that I approve of using the atom bomb on Japan. I think it was a horrible thing. It is possible that there would have been more than 1.2 million more lives lost in that war if we hadn't used it, though. The Japanese honor code wouldn't have let them surrender a war unless they were really outmatched, and the atom bomb was the only real way to show them they could not win.

I think it might have worked if we'd just dropped one on an unpopulated area of Japan, though.
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:19   #123
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
NukePeng, I don't the media knows exactly where he is right now. They know he stopped to record a message, but then he left again. Unless I've missed something, no one knows exactly where he is headed.
Old 11th September 2001, 18:20   #124
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

when i first saw the reports of what had happend, for some reason the first thing i compared it to was fight club. perhaps its not another country at all but some group from the united states trying to make a point thats not worth making. thats the best that anyone can do for now, as far as pointing fingers, is to come to conclusions and make for instances, and i surely hope that it comes to resolve as to who is responsible soon. im certainly sending out my prayers/best wishes and condolances to anyone who lost someone or was injured in what happened.

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:22   #125
mr_sax
Major Dude

oh if bush is saying that he's gonna pump all resources into finding out who did it, they're gonna find out who did it LOL

honestly I think that the USA is handling this quite well. probably by the end of today they'll find the person responsible

Old 11th September 2001, 18:25   #126
NukePeng

He was in Louisisana for the message and the news said where he was heading next, I dont remember where (could be false however)
NukePeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:30   #127
mr_sax
Major Dude

they're not going to find where he's going, and why would they try? they put it out in the open and it just bring negatives towards the safety of his life.

this is stupid, why would they try and find out where he was going? his position is ment to not be known by anyone. that's why it's a "sectret"

*sigh* i keep repeating myself lol but seriously why would they want to try and find out where bush was going?

Old 11th September 2001, 18:35   #128
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
i hope its over.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:37   #129
mr_sax
Major Dude

it's not going to be over for a while we're gonna hear about this for a long long time

bush was angry. and if a president is that angry, major action will be taken.

Old 11th September 2001, 18:37   #130
Bop
Forum King

have you guys seen the pics of people in palestine--> they are cheering in the streets

ßoþL¡©¡†¥
Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:38   #131
mr_sax
Major Dude

set up some linkage

Old 11th September 2001, 18:41   #132
mark e
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Boplicity
have you guys seen the pics of people in palestine--> they are cheering in the streets
Yes i know it - suckers...
mark e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:43   #133
mark e
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
i hope its over.
I hope too, but i don't think so.
Old 11th September 2001, 18:44   #134
NukePeng

Quote:
from yahoo.com
Bush cut short a trip to Florida and flew at high altitude to Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana for a brief stop before taking off again for an undisclosed destination. He said he had taken all appropriate security precautions to protect Americans and ensure the functioning of the government.
my bad, could of swore they stated his destination.
havent seen any pics and i've been lookin
NukePeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 18:50   #135
Bop
Forum King

i saw the palenstine scenes on t.v.- if i see any on the net i'll post asap

ßoþL¡©¡†¥
Old 11th September 2001, 18:55   #136
Curi0us_George
Forum King

The statement from Louisiana was taped before most of the media knew where he was headed. He was gone before it aired.

The people in Palestine rejoicing fail to realize that the U.S. is the main reason they exist. If I understand correctly, Israel would have wipe out the Palestineans if we would let them. I'm beginning to think that we should give them our blessing.
Old 11th September 2001, 18:57   #137
Bop
Forum King

found this piece at yahoo news:

``What happened in the United States was not a job of ordinary people. It could have been the work of governments. Osama bin Laden cannot do this work, neither us,'' a Taliban spokesman, Abdul Hai Mutmaen, told Reuters from the southern city of Kandahar.

what governments? iraq? palestine? who else could it be?

ßoþL¡©¡†¥
Old 11th September 2001, 18:57   #138
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
Not wanting to offend anyone. But I'm really really pissed off right now. So I'm just gonna say this quickly:
Would anyone honestly, truthfully care if the US just bombed the entire Middle East. They're responsible for most major terrorist attacks. It's all the extremist religious people who believe the US is "evil".
The US should stop pansying on about democracy and use their military might for once. If they went and just bombed that entire area. I doubt anyone from the rest of the civilised world would care.
Lucid DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:01   #139
Bop
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucid DM
Not wanting to offend anyone. But I'm really really pissed off right now. So I'm just gonna say this quickly:
Would anyone honestly, truthfully care if the US just bombed the entire Middle East. They're responsible for most major terrorist attacks. It's all the extremist religious people who believe the US is "evil".
The US should stop pansying on about democracy and use their military might for once. If they went and just bombed that entire area. I doubt anyone from the rest of the civilised world would care.
amen brother

ßoþL¡©¡†¥
Old 11th September 2001, 19:04   #140
Psycho Puppet
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Psycho Puppet Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho Puppet
Somebody does not live in long island.
And this is just horrible. My prayers go out to those that suffered...justice must be met!
Psycho Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:08   #141
jns
Forum King

How can anyone be that goddamned sick..
I'm tired.. tired of this sick world..

jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:14   #142
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Lucid, I hate to say it, but I pretty much agree. It's not a racial thing. I couldn't bring myself to admit that I would not mind if we destroyed the middle east, because I that it made me a racist, but it doesn't. If Texas was full of upper-class, white males who were committing terrorist acts, I wouldn't give a damn if we wiped it off the map. But instead, most terrorist acts are coming from the middle east. I don't think I would stay awake at night if the middle east dissappeared in a flash of light.

Of course, we have no solid evidence that this attack was orchestrated by anyone from the Middle East. It could be domestic, like the Oklahoma City bombing.
Old 11th September 2001, 19:16   #143
Bobcat

Send a message via Yahoo to Bobcat
The numbers game?

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
Off, subject, but talk of Pearl Harbour makes me laugh, especially in the face of the USA's rage at the WTC attack that happened today.

Remember what the USA did after the attack on Pearl Harbour?

You killed 1.2 million japanese civilians! Kinda pales in comparison to the whole WTC thing...

So just how many Chinese civilians did the Japanese military kill? I’ll bet it was more than a 1.2 million. We are talking about the same government that while retreating from China drove metal spikes into the ground to “spiritually” ruin the land as well as chemical experimentation on locals during their occupation.

Now I don’t necessarily agree with the fire bombings in Japan, which killed many more people than both A-bombs combined. Sadly by then warfare had changed, civilian targets had long since become “mainstream targets” in Europe.

If you’re looking for victims and evil doing it was done on all sides. The US was just one of the lesser evils.

Please don’t go playing games. You’re being disrespectful of people who aren’t even 12 hours dead yet.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:28   #144
Bobcat

Send a message via Yahoo to Bobcat
Rage and pain

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucid DM
*sigh*

I wish a simple solution would work. But that would kill a heck of a lot of innocents. Even in spasmodic rage I wouldn’t think that. Afghanistan included. No my inner demon likes to know that the killing is as direct as possible on the target.

Bombing of a terrorist training came = Yes.
Bombing several nations into oblivion = No.

If this had anything to do with Afghanistan then we (the US) deserved it. We’ve known about the crap going on in that nation and chose not to do anything significant. One can’t live by “event reaction” alone, some prevention or proactive efforts have to be made. Although that is a rather gray area. Easy to do too much or too little.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:34   #145
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
(didnt read other posts)

i was sitting in chemisty when the principal told us to watch....

we saw the 2nd plane crash...then later saw the pentagon.

i live near one of the 3 main military bases, so we were all locked in our classes for hours.

does anyone know where i can find a list of casualties from the pentagon? i know a few people who work there.

s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:44   #146
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
I was in Art when it happened.

My teacher got an emercengy call and went to get it. She said "A plane just crashed into the World Trade Center. My cousin works there. I don't know if he's ok though". So we turn it on and leave it there for a while.

Just to scare us a little but more, another teacher comes in crying. I still dont know what she lost, but it can't be good.

Just after that, I hear that the pentagon's been bombed. The entire 8th grade went outside for a break and some went to a prayer service.

My teacher thinks (and I somewhat agree with her) that this might lead to a war
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:48   #147
eleet-2k2
Forum King

I was in Religion class when it happened so today all we did was watch the news events and coverage of everything that happened. I think its the damn Palistinians or Pakistanians, no stupid american terrorist is smart enough to coordinate an attack of this proportion.

I think we should all take a moment to pray for these people.

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
See what I'm listening too.
eleet-2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:50   #148
mark e
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by phisherman
I was in Art when it happened.

My teacher got an emercengy call and went to get it. She said "A plane just crashed into the World Trade Center. My cousin works there. I don't know if he's ok though". So we turn it on and leave it there for a while.

Just to scare us a little but more, another teacher comes in crying. I still dont know what she lost, but it can't be good.

Just after that, I hear that the pentagon's been bombed. The entire 8th grade went outside for a break and some went to a prayer service.

Oh my god - you live in NY.
And your teachers cousin - oh my god...
Old 11th September 2001, 19:54   #149
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

I was in Economics. Apparently, they had mentioned it on the morning announcements (about 10 minutes after the second plane hit), which, of course, our teacher never remembers to turn on (they're on the TV (stupid idea, but whatever)). Everyone else was watching the TV coverage that hour, but all we got was a PA announcement about a "crisis in New York, but school will not be cancelled" - I'm thinking Presidential assassination or something. Geez. Then lunch. Heard some stuff from people, found out it was planes, not bombs. Then, in 3rd and 4th hour (rest of the day (computer classes)), we watched TV all hour. Obviously, I was here during third hour, but our teacher didn't let us use the computers 4th hour.
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:55   #150
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
yeah. the administration called a 30minute homeroom after first period to tell us about it, and then in religion afterwards we watched tv and saw the first collapse. then in windows apps at the end of the day we just watched tv

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:55   #151
mark e
Major Dude

Quote:
I accept, and I don't accept - it's a very hard question... I can tell you it on Friday...
Old 11th September 2001, 19:56   #152
Mea

The president was last seen in Omaha Nebraska. He has since been taken to a secure location.

The thing about the middle east is that the only information they have on us is what the government feeds them, and if that's all you had, you'd think we were the anti-christ too.

I agree we need to target the organization that caused this, not the country. Ossama bin Laden seems the most likely suspect, especially since last year he declared that there were no american "civilians" anymore, because all americans supported the American government, ergo, they were in league with evil and were viable targets.

bastard.

-Mea
Mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:57   #153
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by S@@REMETS***
Oh my god - you live in NY.
And your teachers cousin - oh my god...
No, no =) I live in Ohio, but I make frequent trips to NYC. I also have many friends there...

=|
Old 11th September 2001, 19:58   #154
Scarface2k1
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Scarface2k1 Send a message via AIM to Scarface2k1 Send a message via Yahoo to Scarface2k1
i was in Computer informations systems class when it happend

wow, all i can say it wow.
unfuckign believeble . especally when it was all plained to begin with. meaning to crash teh first plane. get people to put some cameras on there to make em veiw the second one

wow.
Scarface2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:59   #155
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I doubt that, casue that boy sure did run fast didn't he.

I think that American government should be cool about this, and not go hastily into the middle east and blow away every country there left right and centre. True, this is a terrible thing, but it was not necesarily the work of terrorist from the middle east. Remeber Oklahoma?
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 19:59   #156
mark e
Major Dude

Quote:

No, no =) I live in Ohio, but I make frequent trips to NYC. I also have many friends there...

=|
Oh yeah. Sorry.
But your friends . Life sucks

[I live in Estonia - Europe]
Old 11th September 2001, 20:01   #157
and1k

I've seen this before

Not on this scale, but in the pilot episode of a time travel/sci-fi show called "Seven Days" a terrorist organisation (American, i think) flew a small plane into the side of the White House.
This was the start of a terrorist campaign against the US, which included a lot of senators/important government people out there being shot/bombed.
I think that it bears a certain resemblance to what's happening in the US now.

On the subject of Arabs, I'm going to quote an Israeli now:
Quote:
There were Israeli efforts to help the Arab refugees [ or something like that ], but we had to stop, 'cos the UN was forced to make us stop, by the Arabs, 'cos they just wanted these prisoners to be just political pawns. So they could say that Israel was doing nothing about these refugees, and have Israel persecuted by the rest of the world.
and1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:03   #158
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
Remeber Oklahoma?
This worse than Oklahoma. Oklahoma was Oklahoma. This is Washington DC and NYC, two of the biggest cities in the united states.
Old 11th September 2001, 20:08   #159
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
after just watching Neighbours, I hit the mute button on the TV, and press play on WA. The random track was Alien Ant Farm's "Death Day". Then I saw the news (the TV is in the same room as the PC, I listen to WA in advert breaks ). Then I saw the newsflash. You gotta be pretty twisted to do a thing like that. I mean, it would make it a bit more understandable if it was JUST a military base, but what would drive anyone to do that, they must have a pretty major adgenda against the US. I just heard a rumour that it was masterminded by some Middle Eastern oil guy, he had sent threats to the US AND THE UK just 3 days ago. I dunno if it is confirmed.

I'm just really sorry for all of the families and friends of the people who have died.
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:14   #160
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Phish, Oklahoma is worthless now?

Mea, I don't think our gov'nt suspect ben Laden. According to everything I've heard, he doesn't have the resources right now.

s1138, I don't think there is a list anywhere. They won't even erlease estimates for any of the attacks.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions