Old 11th September 2001, 20:14   #161
Somebody
Major Dude

That sucks.
Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:16   #162
eleet-2k2
Forum King

Dude, I visited New York twice over last two summers and I sawe everything except the WTC buildings. My mom thought it a bad omen since it was bombed in '93. I hope they don't rebuild them since I believe they will bring more darkness in their future.

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
See what I'm listening too.
eleet-2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:18   #163
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
Phish, Oklahoma is worthless now?
That's not what I'm saying. Oklahoma City was very bad and many people lost their lives, but this is affecting many more people and will probably effect every single citizen since what has happened to the Pentagon.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:25   #164
and1k

Suddenly Watadoo's title ain't so funny...
and1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:33   #165
Thor
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Thor Send a message via AIM to Thor
Chocking beyond belief...
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:38   #166
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
I almost bet that Dubya's under the Greenbrier Hotel... there's a bunker built there back in the Eisenhower days for the President, the Cabinet, and all that.

Has nuclear explosion proof doors..

Quote:
It's simply called the Bunker - a simplistic name for a complex that played an important role in our nation's security during the Cold War.

The Bunker, which is part of the complex of the Greenbrier Hotel in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va., was built 1958-62 to accommodate all the members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate in the event of a nuclear war.

But what is even more amazing is how the government was able to build, over a 4-year period, a complex the size of three football fields that could accommodate more than 1,000 people without anyone having even a clue as to its existence.

The government used a fictitious company named Forsyth Associates to build the $14.5 million Bunker on the Greenbrier grounds but away from the hotel itself. A number of subcontractors were used, so that no one would know for sure they were building something other than an addition to the hotel and clinic. Only a few members of the House and Senate knew about it, because funds were disbursed to Forsyth through the CIA.

The tons of dirt that were excavated were spread out in a gully after working hours so no one would become suspicious about the volume. The entrance was through a 25-ton door, perfectly balanced so that it could be opened or closed by one person. The door was later camouflaged with a smaller steel door marked "High Voltage, Danger."

The real coup was with the power plant. The smokestack was ingeniously placed near the resort's power plant, so that when it was activated everyone thought the smoke was coming from the plant, rather than the bunker.

The Bunker snaked its way from the power plant to the back of the resort. The large room for the House and a smaller one for the Senate doubled as hotel meeting rooms. They were completely open and connected to the hotel's much larger convention hall. Hotel delegates had no idea that a secret door through a locked closet led to the Bunker.

A steel door that could be closed quickly to seal off the meeting rooms for the House and Senate was concealed in a locked room marked "storage."

The Bunker had all the facilities for a self-contained existence. Besides the power plant and meeting rooms for House and Senate, there was food for 60 days, a complete kitchen, hospital, decontamination facilities, sleeping quarters (bunk beds), video cameras and a small reading area.

Significantly, the 112,400-square-foot Bunker was planned to accommodate only the members of the House and Senate, and not their wives and children. Though each legislator was permitted to bring his wife and two children, family would have to stay in the hotel. If a legislator wanted to stay with his family, orders were to separate them, forcibly if necessary.

The decision to build the Bunker in White Sulphur Springs was made after exhaustive studies. The government wanted it near enough to Washington, in a rural area, but one which had easy air and highway access. At that time, the nearest airfield was a small one in Lewisburg. An announcement was made that a larger airfield would help to develop the region.

Few even gave it a thought when an airfield large enough to accommodate big jets was built. No one put two and two together.

Even though, fortunately, the Bunker never had to be used, the government changed food and medical supplies every two months. Drivers who delivered the supplies at night were told management didn't want to disturb guests during the day.

That routine was maintained for more than 30 years, until 1993, when an investigative reporter heard rumors about a secret hiding place for members of Congress. He used almost the same reasoning as the original planners. When he came to the conclusion it was somewhere near White Sulphur Springs, he canvassed concrete suppliers and others, and learned that vast amounts had been delivered to a construction project at the hotel. But he couldn't find any evidence of a project that size.

Partly by guesswork, he concluded that the Bunker was at the Greenbrier, and the story broke. Finally, the government acknowledged it and abandoned the Bunker as a refuge for Congress. After 1993, it was turned over to the Greenbrier, which maintains it at a cost of about $100,000 a year. There are now regularly scheduled tours.

But no one has discovered the fact that the Greenbrier Bunker is one of three. The other two are still secret to this day. Where could they be? Your guess is as good as mine.
Thats near where I live. Also, no school for me today, cause there are HUGE ASS chemical plants near my school in the state capitol. God... if a plane crashed into that.. BOOOOOOOM

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:40   #167
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

I just want to take the chance to say that what happened today is motherfucking disturbing. Beyond that I'm at a loss for words. My prayers are with those families and people who had loved ones and friends that were killed and injured during all of this.
SexyLoserKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 20:43   #168
and1k

Someone said "bomb the middle east out of existence"
This will never happen.
1) is america really gonna waste all those bombs on that area?
2) is america really gonna waste all the oil that area produces?
and1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:01   #169
weedsatan
Forum King

But what if Bin Laden is the guilty?
Will the US commit to war?

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."
-R. D. Lang
weedsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:05   #170
Mea

Quote:
But what if Bin Laden is the guilty?
If it turns out to be an organization as opposed to a specific country, then I guess our retailiation will have to focus on them and their strongholds and allies.

-Mea
Mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:09   #171
Aeroe
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aeroe
Quote:
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
Rednecks now disgust me 100% more.

Wanting to shoot innocent middle-eastern people...
back off with the anti american racism.
calling us lazy and rednecks... really nice of our northern neighbors.

as for oil and production this another key example on why America should not be dependent on Islamic nations for our most used energy source. Chicago's gas prices for example are up or over $5 a gallon.
here in Fort Wayne gas stations are packed.

yet liberals will still defend not using .01% of a park in Alaska.
so we can give more money to terrorists i assume.
Aeroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:23   #172
dekt

Quote:
Originally posted by Mea
If it turns out to be an organization as opposed to a specific country, then I guess our retailiation will have to focus on them and their strongholds and allies.
No government will admit to this attack. They would face US missile strikes and sanctions. I doubt any one country did it anyway. It's most like the US embassy bombings in Africa which were blamed on Bin Laden but never proven. That never stopped the US destroying a 'chemical plant' which actually made vital medicine. I think it may be a similar reaction this time (but probably worse with Dubya in charge).

Don't think I'm insulting the US or anything by saying the above, I'm just trying to be realistic. I really do sympathise with everyone affected by this tragedy, especially the families of people who are missing. When I was frst told about all this I thought it was the plot of a Die Hard sequel or something. I really wish this was some trashy Hollywood movie and not reality. The whole world will suffer because of this.

Support your local team
dekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:32   #173
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Please pray for all.

My dad and uncle were in the building. I cant get ahold of them. I can only pray and hope they are safe. I just keep criing.......

Dont reply to this , I dont want to take up a lot of space.

Darn it, I feel so empty and scared.

~ Missy
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:47   #174
Carmagio
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Carmagio
I am still in shock....... I just can't believe what I'm seeing

Every advance in knowledge brings us closer to the mystery of our own being....
Carmagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:49   #175
Huehuetenango
Forum King

i can't believe it either
when my teacher told me i couldn't believe it, then i left hte class and found one w/ a tv in it showing the news and spent the rest of the day there w/ friends watching it

think about the kind of person who would do something like this
willing to kill so many ppl to get attention

imagine the fear of the ppl who were on teh planes that were hijacked
it's disgusting

i dont' normally say this, but god rest their souls, lets all pray for them, and their families, and that all missing ppl can be found
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:57   #176
dead-beat

Send a message via ICQ to dead-beat
Hey peeps id just like to state how saddend i am by the events of today and how my heart bleeds for the people of the USA and anyone else effected by this tradjedy i want to express my most sencere condolances to anyone involved

i would like to add that on the BBC and ITV networks here in the UK it was reported that 150,00 people visit the trade center every day 50,000 work there and it is likely that 10,000 were there at the time of the atteck. i did see on the news the people up to the 57th floor managed to get out allthough i heared not everyone

the first thing i thought of when i saw the images was just a die hard film (wich is what i was hopeing it was) it was so sereal it was like a movie seein the planes impact shok me up alot and then seeing images of people trapped on the top floors moments before the collapse, sleep will be hard to come by tonught

i know this is soon but what would you do now? i mean would you rebuild the twin towers or would you erect monuments in memory of the innocent people murdered today ?

it has been floating around in my head all day what would be right ?

i cant express my feelings accross to you in the states i hope that you will accepot my condolances and we as the united kingdow are sure to give you as much help and support as you are likely to need

DB thanx

Steve Bratt

dead-beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 21:58   #177
Huehuetenango
Forum King

retaliations already?

in watching cnn, it appears that kabul is now being bombed
is this american reprisals?
unrelated attacks?
more of earlier today's attack in another country?
anyone else heard anything?
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 22:00   #178
sgtfuzzbubble011

I haven't had the time to read all the pages of this thread, but I did hear about it on the radio and saw it on the news this morning. I'm still in shock. I don't know what to say.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 22:02   #179
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
hue, we dont know who is attacking kabul. it could be us, it could be someone else....

guess well have to wait for bush to come on tonight....9 EST.

s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 22:18   #180
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
This just in...

The plane that supposedly crashed at the VW Hospital in Dayton, OH (about 300 miles south of me) was confirmed to be just a sonic boom from a plane taking off from Wirhgt Patterson Air Force Base, NOT a crashed jet.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 22:33   #181
bigbcghs

Send a message via AIM to bigbcghs Send a message via Yahoo to bigbcghs
Updated News (Updated 5:44PM)

It is now said that their is a 90% chance that Bin Laden did have at least something to do with these tradic attacks. Also: Bush will be briefing the nation tonight around 9 eastern time, and the Atn. General will also be briefing the nation at an unknown time.

On another note: the fire in Kabul was not a U.S. attack, but the continued Civil War there.

-FROM CNN and NBC

(A personal note: this tradic event is just so crazy. Make sure and add your thoughts to this Winamp.com Forum)
bigbcghs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 22:35   #182
Carmagio
Major Dude

keep in mind that afghanistan is in a civil war..... any news you get right now is purely speculative....... let us hope that america does it's homework before retaliating, and they don't get trigger happy. I have complete sympathy right now for any palestinian people living in north america right now

Old 11th September 2001, 22:46   #183
Carmagio
Major Dude

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

Old 11th September 2001, 22:55   #184
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
i say we get trigger happy on their asses
seriously, this is getting way out of hand.

update:
world trade center area considered hazardous zone.

s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 22:59   #185
Carmagio
Major Dude

I say you get trigger happy, when AND only when you find out who is responsible...... find out beyond any shadow of a reasonable doubt....... we do not need the blood of any more innocents today

Old 11th September 2001, 23:10   #186
steady puffin'

anybody here from nyc?
steady puffin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 23:24   #187
Bop
Forum King

not from NYC; but am from NY state (five hours north-west)

ßoþL¡©¡†¥
Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 23:32   #188
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
distortion is from long island, he's accounted for and fine.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 23:36   #189
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
and1k, assuming by some freak chance we really did bomb all of the Middle East, the oil would still be there. We would cap any burning wells, and pump the oil ourselves for about 1 cent per gallon.

Aeroe, he wasn't calling all Americans rednecks. There are a bunch of morons driving around in NC looking for Arabs. He was calling them rednecks. I agree with him.

Carmagio, Nostradamus also said:

"In the year 1999 and seven months,
the Great, King of Terror will come
from the sky. He will bring to life
the King of the Mongols. Before and
after, Mars reigns happily."

One of the few times he actually gave a date, he was wrong. This would fit us a lot better today, and interestingly enough, many scholars think that he meant Semtember, because the original said Sept. Mois. Sept. could mean seventh, September, or Trishna, a Jewish holday in September. Regardless, he would have been off by a full two years, and I think he man was a bit delusional. I don't put much faith in his predictions anymore.
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 23:40   #190
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Sickening sight of the day:

Palestinians partying in the streets celebrating the massive loss of American life.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2001, 23:42   #191
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Update:
My dad is found. He was hurt but by a miracle, he is alive. My mom went to the hospital to be with him. It is hard to be so far away from them right now, but I just have to sit tight here. no word on my uncle yet, I am still praying.

God Bless America,

~ Missy
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 00:03   #192
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Missy, I'm thinking of you and your family. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 12th September 2001, 00:20   #193
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

i get up in the morning.. turn on the tv wacthing innocent cartoons for about half an hour and this comes on--

"the word trade center is under attack."

i was wacthing the news as the second plane crashed into the tower.
i was wacthing the news as the towers collapsed.
i was wacthing the people jump from 90 stories in the air.
i was wacthing the people hit the ground.
i was wacthing people die.
i have seen death.
i have 12 close friends who work in the south tower.
i just found out 5 miunites ago...
they are dead now.
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 00:26   #194
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by InvisableMan
i get up in the morning.. turn on the tv wacthing innocent cartoons for about half an hour and this comes on--

i have seen death.
they are dead now.
I'm sorry about your friends. Look on the bright side, you've created the word "wacthing". *just trying to cheer you up*

I really am sorry to hear about your friends.
Old 12th September 2001, 00:36   #195
eleet-2k2
Forum King

Dude, sorry about your friends.

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
Old 12th September 2001, 00:40   #196
Chris Beman

Hallo,
I read some posts of this thread and I rrecognized that some people used something like a in their post. I dont think that the attack is a thing that somebody who is a little bit intelligent could laugth about, even if he/she get's a free day (from school or whatever) Maybe people like that shold be join Chev's Fan Club! The Mayor of NYC said that maybe there are 10.000s of dead, please don't make fun on cost of the victims !

I hope that you excuse my bad English
(here are many lines of and )
Chris Beman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 00:44   #197
eleet-2k2
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Beman
Hallo,
I read some posts of this thread and I rrecognized that some people used something like a in their post. I dont think that the attack is a thing that somebody who is a little bit intelligent could laugth about, even if he/she get's a free day (from school or whatever) Maybe people like that shold be join Chev's Fan Club! The Mayor of NYC said that maybe there are 10.000s of dead, please don't make fun on cost of the victims !

Unfortunately, there will easily be casualties in excess of 15,000 people.

Old 12th September 2001, 00:47   #198
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
Quote:
Originally posted by InvisableMan

i have seen death.
they are dead now.
damn dude. my prayers are with you.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 00:49   #199
NeoRenegade
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NeoRenegade Send a message via AIM to NeoRenegade
We need to go to war now

I want to take part in retaliating against the sonofabitch responsible for what has transpired today.
NeoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 00:52   #200
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Beman
Hallo,

I don't think anyone is trying to make lite of today's events. I used the smiley face when I posted about IM's new word, but only because I was trying to cheer him up.

I think everyone here knows how serious this is. It's extremely sad. I'd be willing to go to school 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the rest of my life if it could make this day never happen. It's one of the worst tragedies in history.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions