Old 12th September 2001, 00:53   #201
ujay
Forum King

Can't believe how out of touch I've been, 12 hours ago and I'm only just catching up with the news.

My sympathy to you in the U.S. I pray you and yours are all safe.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:12   #202
Huehuetenango
Forum King

man, invis, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss
i'm sure you have the condolences of everyone here

why go to war?
do we need to kill more ppl?
haven't enough already died?
find who did this, take the surviving members to trial
don't bomb other countries that MIGHT have done it

then again, i didn't lose anyone, so i'm probably not the best to be saying this
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:13   #203
randman

This is truly a tragedy that affects every American and every friend of America. I am confident that justice will be dealt to those guilty of committing this horrible act. I take some comfort in realizing that today may bring all Americans closer together. Today there were no Republicans, Democrats, African-Americans, Christians, Jews, Latin-Americans, etc. There was only one group in this country today. Americans.
Old 12th September 2001, 01:19   #204
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

America as a whole is grieving

Has anyone else noticed lines at gas stations?
Here, they're friggin huge!!!! It's being rumored that gas is $5/gallon in Oklahoma already.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:28   #205
sax

btw in that locked post before, that guy was saying that 100,000 ppl should die for every 1 US person.

and no one had anything to disagree with him with
what kind of people are we? that's sick.
you should be ashamed.

we are all humans, and that is just the next thing to racism. it's sick OK?
sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:29   #206
Huehuetenango
Forum King

not only america is grieving, chev
the whole world is
this is a MAJOR tragedy
goes beyond that, i just can't think of a word for it

so ppl are already stockpiling gas?
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:31   #207
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
thats dumb. people need to think rationally. gas may go up 10%. whoopdedoo. send your $3 premium to a releif agency.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:42   #208
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
We need to go to war now

I want to take part in retaliating against the sonofabitch responsible for what has transpired today.

america cant afford to go to war not only because of the current state of economy, but the political position we are in.

whats that? 5mil bounty on benladens towelhead?

hmm

whens the next plane to afganistan...

speaking of planes, its eerily quiet in the skies exept for a few f-14's flying in and out of moffet afb...

goddamnit. its been 7 hours plus and the feeling hasnt sunk in yet.
the word trade center is gone. gone. FOREVER. gone...

look at the video. see where the 2nd plane went in? see the fireball? yeah thats where theyre offices were.
see where the offices are now? yeah thats 90 some ot stories lower than where they were before.

who took the World Trade Center?? are they gonna give it back?

"today is a day that will live in infamy"...
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:42   #209
The Big Andowski

Send a message via AIM to The Big Andowski
I heard that the plane that crashed in Pittsburg was possibly coming to north-east Ohio (where I live ) but made a u-turn and went to Pittsburg. That's really scary because it could have possibly crashed into Perry Power Plant. I still can't believe what happened. I was thinking about how the people on the planes must have felt. I'm sick to my stomach. I don't think they should have shown the people falling out of the building. What if the person falling was someone you knew?? The whole thing makes me sick.

and I-man..I'm sorry about you're friends.

-andy
The Big Andowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:50   #210
Aeroe
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aeroe
WW2 brought America out of the depression. this slow down of the US economy (still not a recession) may actually be reversed during the production of arms. japan took that in to thought, when they called the attack of pearl harbor an incident that awoke the "sleeping giant."

fingers point to bin-laden mainly for his wealth to pull off an attack like this morning.
and if afganistan doesn't hand him over, good luck.
Aeroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 01:53   #211
sax

o yea.. let's have a war, then not only 15,000 humans can die, maybe the whole fucking world

u US smartasses deserve a smack in the face for thinking that violance against other humans in this sick world is the right way of getting back. fuck you. you have no right to say that heads should drop just because ur ppl died.

ppl die all the time (as chev said earlier) in other countries. i'm sure that in countries that don't have food/water, more than 15,000 ppl die each hour so don't go saying that just because ur a US citizin says that u deserve to be able to start killing just because ur part of the military power house of the world
Old 12th September 2001, 01:59   #212
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

fuck.

i go with most ppl and guess their target was camp david.

but what if it was coming to sf?? to run the Golden Gate Bridge through???

or San Jose a.k.a invisableland!?!?!

logic dictates its not at all impossible..

only thing that pisses me off is the kids at school are cracking jokes about all this... not jokes out of fear, or jokes to be morbidly funny, but MEAN jokes!! ( not gonna put one here cus most were extremely racist or sick.)

its all screwed up.

in the light of all this Bush is doing a great job handling the tragidy..

WTF!!!1!@!12!! the world trade center is gone forever!!!! WTF!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!
Old 12th September 2001, 02:05   #213
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by sax
u US smartasses deserve a smack in the face for thinking that violance against other humans in this sick world is the right way of getting back. fuck you. you have no right to say that heads should drop just because ur ppl died.
dude, fuck.

thats hardly 10 percent of americas view right now. most (INCLUDING ME) thing that this should be resolved peacefully but not without punishment.
Old 12th September 2001, 02:10   #214
sax

punishment? what if it was a terrorist group. that's not a whole country.

why would the US think like animals and kill just because others were killed? my point still stands - why must more die after this atrosity
Old 12th September 2001, 02:18   #215
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

tecnichly the country that harbours the goup is just as evil as the goup itself.

besides what are we gonna do??? brush this off like it never happend????

let all those people die in vien on what this day was a blatant act of WAR??

i dont think so.
Old 12th September 2001, 02:20   #216
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by sax
o yea.. let's have a war, then not only 15,000 humans can die, maybe the whole fucking world

ppl die all the time (as chev said earlier) in other countries. i'm sure that in countries that don't have food/water, more than 15,000 ppl die each hour so don't go saying that just because ur a US citizin says that u deserve to be able to start killing just because ur part of the military power house of the world
You can't compare this to starvation. It is not the same thing. Starvation is a result of several things, and I don't feel like getting into why it's everyone's fault.

Attacking innocent people is murder. If these terrorists had killed 15000 people with butcher knives would you be surprised we want vengence? Do you think that burning or being crushed to death is any more pleasant?

I don't think any of us actually want a world war. Many of us want the guilty parties dead. Do you think I want ben Laden dead? Well, you're right. I do. Even if he had nothing to do with this, he's still been responsible for hundreds/thousands of deaths. I say kill him. I say kill whoever was responsible for this. I don't want more innocents killed, but I want the guilty parties to pay.

Blood is the only payment for a debt of blood.
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 02:23   #217
sax

that's animalistic and sick i'm sorry
Old 12th September 2001, 02:23   #218
steady puffin'

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoRenegade
We need to go to war now

I want to take part in retaliating against the sonofabitch responsible for what has transpired today.

ye right! haha. u dont know war. you aint seen war! i have. i visited my granparents in Russia. theres a republic called Chechnia, they are at war with Russia. trust me neo, you dont wona go to war. it might seem all cool in movies being a hero, it seems all exciting like a game. wel.. its not, your no hero all you gona end up as is a casualty.
steady puffin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 02:36   #219
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by sax
Hey, don't be sorry. If that's how you feel, then you are entitled to your opinion. I think it would change if you had family or friends in those buildings.

History has shown us that the only deterent to murderers is death. Of course, history has shown us that death doesn't scare some terrorists, but if you remove the source of the problem, you still remove the problem.
Old 12th September 2001, 02:37   #220
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
We lost a lot of lives today, and a great historical piece of history.

The World Trade Center may have came down hard, but look, our Flag stil stands strong! As will our Nation.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 02:41   #221
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Gogitta, is that pic real? It almost looks computer generated. Too surreal.
Old 12th September 2001, 02:42   #222
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
Gogitta, is that pic real? It almost looks computer generated. Too surreal.
Nope.. that would be the real deal

Old 12th September 2001, 02:42   #223
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by sax

if thats what you wanna think them more power to ya.

but only someone who has lived in the usa for all their lives truly understands what happend this morning.

this is a great human tragedy. hundreds of lives lost at the pentagon and tens of thousands dead at the wtc.

the country will never be the same.
the world will never be the same

THIS JUST IN...

there might be survivors at the pentagon. perhaps there will be a millimeter thick silver lining to the dark storm clous that billows over the dank and depressed horizon.
Old 12th September 2001, 02:45   #224
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

http://www.msnbc.com/modules/wtc_mmfront/default.asp

Some very detailed pics there...

Old 12th September 2001, 03:04   #225
Curi0us_George
Forum King

That image is just, wow. So calm in the wake of utter destruction. It's very well shot.

I can't load that page. I tried before you posted the link. I'm not using IE, so MSN doesn't like me.
Old 12th September 2001, 03:09   #226
steady puffin'

no d00d u have to wait a couple minutes. same shit happened to me. just wait 5 mins and it will load.
Old 12th September 2001, 03:14   #227
steady puffin'

Sooo. what do you guys think the kicking-ass-nation is going to do now? Despite Bush's rants(bullshit) on TV.
Old 12th September 2001, 03:18   #228
Curi0us_George
Forum King

I did. I opened it in another window and let it sit for a long time. I'll try again, though.

I think Bush is serious. He's a southerner, and many southerners hunt animals for sport. I think he'll be more than happy to promote the extermination of everyone responsible for this.
Old 12th September 2001, 03:32   #229
steady puffin'

from the moment i found out bush has an IQ of 91 i stopped taking him seriously.

what do u think the situation would be if the prez was gore?
Old 12th September 2001, 03:47   #230
Bop
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Curi0us_George
I did. I opened it in another window and let it sit for a long time. I'll try again, though.

I think Bush is serious. He's a southerner, and many southerners hunt animals for sport. I think he'll be more than happy to promote the extermination of everyone responsible for this.
you're right about that curious, remember when bush got into office, there was a small incident where we missled a plane (i think i'm remembering it right)- anyways republicans are more apt to enter wars, as their beliefs in arms and defense is stronger than that of democrats

ßoþL¡©¡†¥
Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 03:52   #231
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Being of common sense and a brain, I'm witholding further comment until facts are known regarding this tragedy. I learned my lesson about second guessing when the OKC bombing occurred. I'd suggest you hold all evil thoughts towards people who wish and save them for those who carry out their wishes.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 04:28   #232
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by steady puffin'
from the moment i found out bush has an IQ of 91 i stopped taking him seriously.

what do u think the situation would be if the prez was gore?
Gore would hold a national tree hugging convention and pay for it with illegal contributins from China.

Where did you hear the Bush has an of 91 I've only seen that posted in forums. I'd like to see a reputable news story confirming that. Why would he actually release that score?

P.S. This link about Bush's IQ is interesting

P.P.S. Read this, too. All of it. Then don't speak of his lack of intelligence again.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Just do a search about this online. It's all BS. Stupid newspaper columnists published the whole 91 IQ story and then had to print retractions. Don't spread unconfirmed rumors. The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton doesn't exist.

My thoughts are still with the victims and their families. I hope everyone's are.

Last edited by Curi0us_George; 12th September 2001 at 05:25.
Old 12th September 2001, 04:34   #233
sgtfuzzbubble011

sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 04:48   #234
Nofx Guy
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nofx Guy
my heart goes out to all americans touched by this tragedy. i live in canada and i'm not directly affected but yet still li grieve for the people lost. This is big. There has never been a terrorist attack this large, ever. This is the beginning of something big i think. As soon as the US finds out who did this, its gunna be bad. something is going to happen. i live in a small town in northern manitoba (central canada) and we stopped school and watched tv because of this, just trying to get more information on what had happened. this is touching us, supposedly we have had 2 planes already land in our small town of 10 000. i fear that this is going to be big

www.audioflo.ath.cx
All music, All the Time
Nofx Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 05:38   #235
asshole

Quote:
Originally posted by sax

ppl die all the time (as chev said earlier) in other countries. i'm sure that in countries that don't have food/water, more than 15,000 ppl die each hour
Because they reproduce uncontrollably. Even though they don't have enough for themselves, they bring up 10 kids to split the resources with. Those overpopulated countries should follow China's footsteps and put a cap on how many children a couple can have.

War has never been good, and never will be. Maybe a few bombings around sure and specific targets would be ok. Don't know how some people who live here can smile after all that happened.

Who's your daddy?
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 06:14   #236
sax

ya but you must agree with me here ppl u can't live without sex

just get them a whole lotta condems
Old 12th September 2001, 07:13   #237
jns
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by InvisableMan

but only someone who has lived in the usa for all their lives truly understands what happend this morning.
Really?
I still can not understand how anyone can understand what happened, it is too sick, too cruel. How can you understand how anyone could do such a thing?

jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 07:31   #238
Junklord

Can I just remind people that Muslim does not equal terrorist. Please keep this in mind when you all go out looking for blood.
Junklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 07:38   #239
jns
Forum King

Exactly.
But who can be this sick?
It must be some religion, those who did it must have gotten some promises for their afterlife.
Take crusades, the pope promising forgiveness and eternal life for those who would fall.. there must be something similar.
What about the jihad? Isn't that a 'holy war'?
I do not want to jump to conclusions, but this is the only thing that can make some sense to me right now..

jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 07:39   #240
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
My observations after much thought and analysis...

This tragedy serves as a wake-up call to a nation that has become too lax and corrupt, reveling in superpower status without minding its enemies for far too long.

It also serves to innaugarate a new generation of warfare; strictly in a strategic sense, the attack was a masterpiece. Around 20 (assumedly) islamic fanaticists were killed with the result of
taking out a sixth of the pentagon, destroying the largest office buildings in the world, and the almost certain effect of putting the
financial markets in more of a serious downturn than they already were. With the towers gone, the Mercantile Exchange, Wall Street Journal, and Morgan/Stanley (Probably the largest brokerage firm) have also vanished with it. Combining will have the effect of putting the economy into a depression as prices will rise because of the loss of infrastructure.

Why is this abomination a strategic masterpiece? Because 20 terrorists with religious convictions have done what Saddams army could never do. What Hitler's army never came close to doing. What the soviet union at the peaks of perestroika could never accomplish: Paralyzing the worlds markets, reducing the largest monument to the corporate world ever built to a pile of rubbish, and a nation to chaos.

Guerilla warfare (And thats what this is- not terrorism) is now officially the rule of the day. As guerillas are organizations and not countries (normally) they cannot be simply be nuked or erased with vastly superior force (The traditional US war doctrine) because
they transcend the soveriegn borders of countries. You cannot simply "nuke" Bin Laden (again, with the assumption he masterminded it) without nuking sudan, saudi arabia, or afghanistan- and these countries will not have it. By using world politics/diplomacy/conventions as a shield, they effectively neutralize the arsenal of america.

And as it now so vividly apparant, a major component of Geurilla warfare is demorization of the population. Of course, that aim is most effeciently accomplished by killing en masse and wanton destruction. This attack is only the beginning. This century will have many more abominations in store for innocent civilians in seemingly safe countries, I am afraid.

I am very afraid.

-_-;

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions