Old 12th September 2001, 07:40   #241
NGX

Send a message via AIM to NGX
For the first time in my pampered american life... i feel scared

It's insane how horrible people can be. And i'm not just talking about yesterday. I'm talking about our entire fucking history. And how is America gonna respond to the ruthless killing of thousands of innocent people? My guess is we'll do it by ruthlessly killing thousands of innocent people in our hunt for the terrorist leader.

Despite all that, I am also tremendously impressed how amazingly heroic people can be in the face of such disaster. It's so great to see people come together, especially when it's for the purpose of helping other people. I guess the majority of people are good. I'm just pissed off. It took so much time and work to build those buildings, and those people's lives, and they can all be destroyed in one terrible day. That's just plain wrong.
NGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 07:50   #242
and1k

Someone said to kill whoever organised this.
That won't work. These extremists treat death as martyrdom, making them even more important.
You should torture them until they lose the will to live, then torture them some more.
Maybe I'm sick. I don't know anymore.

I know this: A plane crash - instant death, and pretty painless (probably)
Also this: Tortured for months or years - not instant death, very painful.

International day of mourning should start from this, like for those lost in the World Wars...
and1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 07:56   #243
jns
Forum King

Torture them and make them more scared than anyone has ever been, people were goddamn jumping out of windows!

jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 08:40   #244
Adasha

Just heard an update:

Apparently a third skyscraper has collapsed, presumably due to damage inflicted from the WTC collapse.

My thoughts are with the families of the dead.
Adasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 09:20   #245
danbee

Send a message via ICQ to danbee Send a message via AIM to danbee Send a message via Yahoo to danbee
i'm shocked, horrified and very frightened. i hope that whoever is responsible dies a slow and very painful death.

my thoughts go out to all those who died and all those who lost friends and family.

:: danbee :: www.danbee.co.uk ::

"old programmers never die. they just terminate and stay resident."
danbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 09:26   #246
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

its like i'm living on a movie set.
this stuff is so far detached from everyones normal life, i keep wanting to get up out of my seat, and walk out of the auditorium.
but this is the real life.

my head is so f--ked up by all this.

the uk times this morning had a picture of the WTC with a orange ring of inferno round it.

this stuff shouldn't happen.

condolences to all lost or injured and the friends and family of those people.

i hope the perpertrators are forgiven by whichever god they pray to.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 09:29   #247
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Actually i think the people responsible died a quick, painless death (As they were in the aeroplane...)

Osama Ben Ladin, if he is the culprit, should be tried and sentenced. The death penalty would be... quite suitable. (Although a part of me would like to experiment with adding kool-aid to the lethal injection cocktail... )
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 09:29   #248
jns
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by willfisher
i hope the perpertrators are forgiven by whichever god they pray to.
I hope not. And if there is a hell, I hope they shall burn in it!

Old 12th September 2001, 09:47   #249
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Live by the sword...
Old 12th September 2001, 09:51   #250
Doggy Dog
Canis Sapiens
(Reviewer)

Send a message via ICQ to Doggy Dog
Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
Live by the sword...
Live a good, loooong life

(quote: Originally said by Minsc from Baldur's Gate) , sorry but I just had to say that.

Osama bin Laden should be killed (if he's guilty) , and that should be broadcasted by every TV channel in the world. Living in a coutry that's been harassed, plagued and destroyed by Muslims for more than 500 years, I have little good things to say about them, but there's good people in every religion..... those fanatics that did this most certainly aren't that kind of people.
Doggy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 09:55   #251
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to The Only Lynx
hi all.. first of all, all my sympathies to all involved..

"when you are with me i'm free, i'm careless, i believe"
The Only Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 10:00   #252
jns
Forum King

Quote:
Osama Ben Ladin, if he is the culprit, should be tried and sentenced. The death penalty would be... quite suitable. (Although a part of me would like to experiment with adding kool-aid to the lethal injection cocktail... )
Death is not even near what they deserve..

Old 12th September 2001, 10:11   #253
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
death is just a way to escape.

s1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 10:40   #254
NGX

Send a message via AIM to NGX
Whoa.

The culprits should be punished horribly. But think of what you are saying. I'm hearing you people say things like "torture" and "should be broadcasted by every TV channel in the world". If some other country tortured people and broadcast it on TV we'd be watching it on the news saying "That's horrible! I can't believe how they can even think of doing such things!".

I think we should just throw the terrorists each in their own cell and let them all die hungry, cold and alone.

I just wanna say how sorry I feel for the people who died and the family and friends of those people. I'd also like to say that those who dedicated themselves to saving lives are real heroes. I have taken down my normally humorous website www.netgods.org and replaced it with a simple dedication for the time being.
NGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 11:15   #255
jns
Forum King

People should get what they deserve, and those bastards behind this should suffer and despair, with no hope!

Old 12th September 2001, 11:18   #256
and1k

NGX: I said torture, then Doggy Dog said broadcast the execution.
No-one said broadcast the torture, although it would fulfill the old proverb: "Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done."

Basically, I think that everyone convicted of terrorism or mass murder should be tortured, then killed by the Ancient Chinese method: Death by 1000 Cuts.

It's a pretty self-explanatory method of execution. And also very painful.

But would that lower us to their level, and thus acheive their objective?

Xerxes:
1) Why bother with lethal injection? That's civilised and these people aren't civilised, so don't deserve a civilised death.
2) What's kool-aid?
Old 12th September 2001, 11:22   #257
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Everything you ever wanted to know about Kool-Aid

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 11:27   #258
jns
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by and1k
NGX: I said torture, then Doggy Dog said broadcast the execution.
No-one said broadcast the torture, although it would fulfill the old proverb: "Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done."

Basically, I think that everyone convicted of terrorism or mass murder should be tortured, then killed by the Ancient Chinese method: Death by 1000 Cuts.

It's a pretty self-explanatory method of execution. And also very painful.

But would that lower us to their level, and thus acheive their objective?

Xerxes:
1) Why bother with lethal injection? That's civilised and these people aren't civilised, so don't deserve a civilised death.
2) What's kool-aid?
I can do nothing but agree.

Old 12th September 2001, 11:45   #259
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Quote:

Xerxes:
2) What's kool-aid?
1- We are civilized people, living in a civilize-ation.
We go down to their level once we start violating the bill of rights ...

2- Its powdered fruit punch...

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Old 12th September 2001, 11:49   #260
jns
Forum King

Yes, but still, they deserve to die painfully.

Old 12th September 2001, 12:25   #261
Mikael_2k

Send a message via ICQ to Mikael_2k
Quote:
Originally posted by Junklord
Can I just remind people that Muslim does not equal terrorist.
I agree with Doggy Dog - there's good people in every religion - but there's people, who are potential criminals, terrorists even if they just 10 yrs old. And number of such people for muslim countries is 1000 times greater than for Christian countries. Did you see that children, celebrating US tragedy yesterday along with their parents? That's what I'm talking about.

. . . . . . . . . I live here . I read this

Mikael_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 12:48   #262
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:

1- We are civilized people, living in a civilize-ation.
We go down to their level once we start violating the bill of rights ...
Civilization means, literally, the art of living in cities. When they destroy our cities, then they have destroyed out civilization. Let us then act accordingly.

Perhaps evil begets evil, but it would bring a smile to my face to see the guilty parties on their backs with 300 pound rocks on their chests.
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 13:05   #263
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

What can I say; I'm a fan of the constitution/bill of rights. If we ever caught him... giving him due process like any other criminal would show why the US and other western countries are more prosperous than middle easter counterparts: The rule of law reigns. That seemingly small fact has a profound effect on all aspects of civiilization.
Old 12th September 2001, 13:07   #264
and1k

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikael_2k

I agree with Doggy Dog - there's good people in every religion - but there's people, who are potential criminals, terrorists even if they just 10 yrs old. And number of such people for muslim countries is 1000 times greater than for Christian countries. Did you see that children, celebrating US tragedy yesterday along with their parents? That's what I'm talking about.

And those ten and twelve year-olds being trained to fight in their country's civil war, in Africa somewhere. (I think)
Old 12th September 2001, 13:09   #265
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Well, Bush just might repeal our "no assassination" policy, in which case it wuldn't be illegal to shoot him. The CIA tried to assassinate Saddam, but apparently they were a bit incompetent.

Of course, I wouldn't be unstatisfied if they were arrested and tried. It's just that a 9mm blast to the head would be a bit more final.
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 13:11   #266
and1k

Quote:

Why is that?
Old 12th September 2001, 13:38   #267
John M
Puts the Cuss in General Discussions
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to John M
Quote:
Originally posted by Junklord
Can I just remind people that Muslim does not equal terrorist. Please keep this in mind when you all go out looking for blood.
correct. the persons in question are EXTREMIST muslims.

missyob made me post this.
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 13:48   #268
Mea

In all these dark posts, something a little positive:

When the call went out for blood donations, one of my friends went immediately to the nearest bloodbank. This was 3:00 pm CST. There was a line.

A very long line.

They didn't get to him until around 9:00 pm CST, and there were more people after him.

It's a shame it took something this horrifying to pull the American people together, but it's good that they do pull together.

May the souls of those who died in this tragedy rest in peace.

-Mea
Mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 15:17   #269
mr_sax
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mr_sax
the reason they pulled together was because under the buildings that collapsed are probably 100's of survivors that are gonna need blood badly

mr_sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 15:56   #270
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

lets not make a martyer of the bloke who masterminded this. put him in jail for life, so he can die a cowardley death after a lifetime in jail.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 15:56   #271
Mea

Quote:
the reason they pulled together was because under the buildings that collapsed are probably 100's of survivors that are gonna need blood badly
Let's pray there are hundreds of survivors. Many hundreds.

-Mea
Mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 17:57   #272
NukePeng

Quote:
Originally posted by s1138
death is just a way to escape.
i agree with this. Also going to war might be what the terrorists wanted. More innocents would die. I'm listening to yahoo radio right now and they are saying the FBI (i think) just dragged someone from a hotel. didnt get much else than that. {new} this was is boston, two ppl posibly

btw invis & missy
i am very sorry for your pain; no one deserves to suffer, except those who cause suffering.

Last edited by NukePeng; 12th September 2001 at 18:32.
NukePeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 19:29   #273
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
Ok. I've calmed down a little from my immediate crazed rage in my first post.
To anyone that I offended: I'm sorry about that. Just heat of the moment kinda stuff. More intelligent comments next...

I agree with what people are saying that America has done things that might have provoked this to some countries. But if you step back and think about it. Mostly America have been at least *trying* to do good things. The actions they took may not have been the perfect solution, and some people may have gotton annoyed, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
Now, the extremely devoutly religious groups led by people like Bin Laden are the ones that really get to me.
In my oppinion, these people are just as bad, if not worse, than people such as Hitler, who murdered millions of people because they were different.
Hitler and his followers believed that they were the superior race. That the things that they believed in were right. And that anyone who wasn't like them, must die.
The Muslims hate the Americans (from what I gathered) because they came into their sacred land (Military maneuvers in the Cold war I think), and they consider that a sacralige. That's just one reason, I can't remember any others. And to that I say:
Fair enough. You believe what you want. They did something you consider bad, and they shouldn't really have done that.
But that's where my agreement with them ends. There's nothing you can do to change the past. Punishing random people is not going to change anything.
Because they don't believe in the same religion, the extremist Muslims (note that I'm only applying this to the very extreme Muslims. Most of them are normal, intelligent people) believe that people who aren't Muslim are evil.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds almost exactly like racism to me.

I'm not a religious person myself. But I do not (big emphasis there) assert that God doesn't exist. I just don't believe he(for lack of a better title) does. I don't go around telling religious people to stop believing in God.
I see nothing wrong with having faith in something that has no major proof of existence. eg. There are things in science (some particles for example) that haven't been proved to exist. Because we don't have the ability to see them. We just have theories.
In the same way, religious people might say that we don't have the ability to see God, we just have our faith.

Anyway, to sum it up:
I'm fine with religious people. They have their beliefs, their particular specific morals etc. And they get on with their own lives.
As long as they don't force their beliefs on others. That's just like being rascist.
Religious fanatics like Bin Laden are forcing their beliefs on others. And that's what really gets to me.

There. Sorry for the really really long post. But I really wanted to put in an intelligent point of my own. Please feel free to argue (discuss civily I mean) with me about this. I'm happy to learn.

Finally: To everyone whose lives have been touched by this horrendous tragedy; my sypathies, and hope that you will suffer as little as possible. I wish I could do something more than this token gesture.
I'm too young to give blood.
Lucid DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 20:11   #274
oratem

Send a message via Yahoo to oratem
Quote:

Mikael,

I know that when you made these statements you were consumed with the same anger and sadness that we are all feeling right now. While it is true that there are various Arabic groups who wish to bring about the destruction of others, these people are still the vast minority of Arabic society. During my lifetime I have had the pleasure of meeting several Arabic and Islamic people, and all of them were decent, peace-loving, law abiding citizens who no-doubt look upon yesterday's events with the same disgust and outrage as the rest of us. Therefore, I beg all of you, please, please don't add to this tragedy by lashing out at Islamic and Arabic people. To do so is to most likely victimize more innocent people.

Furthermore, I, too, found the actions of those who were celebrating the attack to be absolutely sickening. However, I still ask God to forgive these people, and I hope that one day they may come to realize how senseless their violent ways truly are.

Finally, I hope for three things in the coming days: That the rescue efforts are able to proceed swiftly and safely; that those responsible for these attacks are brought to justice as quickly and as peacefully as possible; and that our zeal to bring them to justice doesn't result in the harm of more innocent people.

Oratem
oratem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 21:17   #275
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
Lookit boys...

All that shit and the flag's still standing!
(I know someone posted this on page 6 but someone at SA made this (better) version of it.)

eh, heh.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2001, 23:38   #276
dead-beat

Send a message via ICQ to dead-beat
Hey gain

i love the way you in the us are all pulling together to fight this out but dont forget that we over seas your cousins in the uk would im sure also pull together to help in anyway we can i know our emergancy task force based in scotland is on standby as soon as your president or your NYC guvner asks for it ( and when the basic no fly zone that is the USA today is reverted so we are actually capable of entering your country) they could be there in hours these people are the best in the world at what they do in earthquake zones etc

i hope you realise that altho there is alot of hostilitly toward americans in the us i dont know one person out of the people that did who thought it was funney or a good thing that so many died it shows that most people do have a trace of humanity in them

i live in the uk and i know a few people myself included who have shed a tear or too at some of the images and scened of the past day or too. i may be male but im not ashamed to say that this has upset me greatly and i value my friend so much more to think that a normal day at the office could turn into a blood bath so very quickly i will tresure every moment i have with them forever

i wish i were there now sifting through the rubble at least i would think im doing something to help i feel helpless where i am today

xxxx My Love All xxxx

dead-beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2001, 01:16   #277
Aspiration

dead-beat,

I'm sure that I speak for all fellow Americans when I say that as an American and as simply a person, thank you for your sincere words and compassion. We will overcome any obstacles and challenges resulting from this horrific travesty, and the help and love we receive from the global community will make our recovery that much quicker.

We are drawing close together in America because we all feel the way you felt when you made your post...now if we can draw closer together as a global community and rid ourselves of animals capable of such abominations, we can make the world a better place.

Nothing is so sacred as to excuse this type of behavior...no bond is so strong as to justify harboring those involved--not race, religion or nationality.

We cannot express to the rest of the world how much your compassion and willingness to help mean to us...truly. Thank you and everyone else as kind.

Sincerely.

P.S. Everyone please keep the victims and their families and friends in your thoughts...I would say prayers, but I'm not religious in a structured way, and it seems hard to deny that structured religion has been behind so many senseless atrocities...the Crusades, the persecution of both Catholics and Protestants in the Middle Ages, the constant conflict in the Middle East, yesterday's unmentionable acts, etc. How can religion be the answer to the world's problems when it is the cause of such a significant portion of the world's friction?
Aspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2001, 02:22   #278
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

when i first heard about the attack i was pretty scared of a war happening (war=bad) but it looks like most of the world has our back. however, i dont know if its because they're truely our alies or because everyone hates that ossamma fellow.

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2001, 02:31   #279
steady puffin'

Both
steady puffin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2001, 07:28   #280
Mikael_2k

Send a message via ICQ to Mikael_2k
Quote:

Why is that?
Ask 'em:

Oratem, I didn't want to offend innocent peolpe. I've met a lot of muslims who are really good people & who are hundred times more humane than some of christians. Also a lot of my friends are muslims.

. . . . . . . . . I live here . I read this

Mikael_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions