Old 5th May 2007, 20:20   #1
pjn123
Major Dude

milkdrop random

Is there any reason why the random button in modern skin(and any other one) doesn't remember its state. Its always on on first load. AVS works 100% with the random toggle button.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 09:54   #2
DrO

sounds like you've got a crash on close issue going on - have just tried that mode on a few different setups and it was being correctly saved on close. might be an idea to try a clean install and see if that shows any difference for you

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 19:53   #3
pjn123
Major Dude

I have a clean install and fresh Xp installation... everything fresh.

Avery time I open Winamp with Milkdrop(1.04d) , the random vis button is always enabled... If I use the normal vis plugin, AVS, the previous random state is remembered. The random button I'm talking about is the one in the Visualizer window of the official modern skin(or any other skin wih such a button).

I noticed this issue a long time ago(pre 5.2)

Can anyone else verify this please?

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 13th May 2007, 21:02   #4
TheElusiveMelon

Mine successfully remembered it was in the off state. It was one to start with, i turned it off, re-loaded winamp and it was still set to off. I'm running 5.34
TheElusiveMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 21:17   #5
pjn123
Major Dude

Are you using Milkdrop? AVS works 100%. Why would the one work and the other one don't? I'm also using the latest WA5.34.

Also cleaned installed it and when it still did this I deleted the winamp.ini and studio.xnf files. Still no luck. Were is this random on/off value stored for Milkdrop?

Old 13th May 2007, 21:25   #6
pjn123
Major Dude

Just found this:

If I have AVS open and the random on OFF and I start the Milkdrop plugin, the random automatically goes ON. If I toggle the random swith in Milkdrop it says “radom presets on/off”.

Old 14th May 2007, 15:58   #7
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
mine stays open, too - like pjn said. But it seems that i also have a silent crash (Non clean install...)
Has someone noticed this bug w/ winamp modern: attach milkdrop - disable random -- detach milkdrop -> random is enabled again

[edit]
Quote:
from milkdrop manual

scroll lock: lock/unlock current preset
(keyboard light on means preset is locked)
(prevents random switch to new preset)
random preset should work like this? this might be the answer to all the problems
[/edit]

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 20:12   #8
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I've reported the random issue for a while:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....36#post1817536

I'm able to reproduce this on several systems with clean installs.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 12:56   #9
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
So is this going to be fixed? or aren't any Milkdrop devs left ?

Old 15th May 2007, 14:58   #10
DrO

it will be looked into. when i looked, there'd been no mention of the docking/undocking thing which meant i'd not seen the issue (still have to confirm it on my machine later on)

-daz
Old 15th May 2007, 15:50   #11
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

would be cool if you can also confirm, it's a minor bug but it is one...

Old 15th May 2007, 15:53   #12
DrO

aye a bug is a bug will post back my findings once i've looked into the issue

-daz
Old 15th May 2007, 23:30   #13
DrO

for some reason which i'm uncertain off for the time being, gen_ff is duplicating the random query message to milkdrop which due to it's funny random/sequential mode thingy (don't know what else to call it as it's not something i generally use) is causing the mode to be incorrectly set/cached and hence it messes with the random state.

see if this is any improvement (or not, heh). it's marked as 1.04f 'dev' just to avoid confusion from the 1.04e that now ships with 5.35

-daz
Old 16th May 2007, 03:50   #14
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
see if this is any improvement (or not, heh). it's marked as 1.04f 'dev' just to avoid confusion from the 1.04e that now ships with 5.35
-daz
Mine works now. Thanks!

Old 16th May 2007, 05:56   #15
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I can verify, that it's fixed now. Thanks, DrO.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2007, 08:27   #16
DrO

rightio, will submit that as a patch for the next winamp install. i've been having some issues with the window not correctly showing up on my install when going from undocked to docked so may see if it's something i've caused or was related to something else.

thanks for the reports back on the testing of that build

-daz
Old 16th May 2007, 11:09   #17
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

i think i know this issue (or a at least similar one -- using the old buid):
If you switch from attached to detached:
the milkdrop text (ie help by hittinf F1) is smaller or bigger than it should be - after resizing the wnd everything is showing up correctly.
I only guess that the frame for milkdrop is created before milkdrop is inserted in the wndholder, but milkdrop will only render itself inside the new wndholder, not resize (keeps old resolution).
Sou you might add a rez check after showing milkdrop if the 'circumstances' have been altered.
(I'm only a maki coder, so I might be wrong... )

Old 16th May 2007, 12:17   #18
DrO

yeah, that's the issue i'm seeing as well. that's a relief to know it wasn't only me. i think there's a few other quirks with the embedding at times since it can often just not appear correctly in the area until it's been re-sized (though i don't know off hand who is at fault for it). well if i'm not the only one experiencing it, i'll see if i can get that fixed up as well (famous last words, heh)

-daz
Old 16th May 2007, 18:20   #19
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

hehe, you're the genius

Old 16th May 2007, 18:50   #20
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i think there's a few other quirks with the embedding at times since it can often just not appear correctly in the area until it's been re-sized (though i don't know off hand who is at fault for it).
I also noticed that sometimes the milkdrop window isn't were it should be, but luckly that's almost never.

Old 16th May 2007, 22:59   #21
DrO

i've been seeing that as well, well just the lack of the milkdrop window showing at all. i've a feeling that the sizing+not showing issues are related to the same thing. will do what i can to try and resolve these issues (will provide test builds when i've got something to test out )

-daz
Old 17th May 2007, 15:25   #22
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

cool, i'm waiting!

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Development