Old 26th December 2010, 21:46   #1
snowzero

i cant play MIDI files

Well first i have to say i did everything would do, unistalling, and instaling again, updating to a new version, deleted the dll file, and instaling a new version....

because i cant pley midi files anymore on my winamp....
and the weird is taht i can play on my windows media player...

please help
snowzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2010, 23:34   #2
JonnyMac

Double click the little speaker icon in the notification area (AKA systray) and make sure the SW Synth (or MIDI) volume is at a good level or mute is not checked.

-or-

1. Winamp Ctrl+P
2. Plug-ins > Input
3. double click 'Nullsoft MIDI player'
4. Device tab
5. in the 'Device:' dropdown box select another MIDI device. Maybe something that closely reflects your sound card or "Direct Music / Microsoft Synthesizer (with output)"
6. close out of prefs
See Screenshot (Credit and thanks to Nunzio390 for the screenshot)

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 20:57   #3
snowzero

Hi thanks for helping
it didnt worked with any of then;

but it playis nice in widnows media player...it all happened when i used a small software that converts emulated music files into midi files, a noce software that works realy goods; but after this i never got my winamp playing midi files

anything else i didnt tryed yet?
Old 27th December 2010, 22:49   #4
JonnyMac

In your screenshot I noticed that you have AdPlug and among the various formats that AdPlug can play are MIDI files. So, basically there are two plug-ins "competing" for the same format. In this case MIDI format(s).

I am not familiar with AdPlug's options, however if possible try disabling AdPlug's playback of MID files (and other MIDI formats) in favor of Winamp's MIDI plug-in. Or, you could try disabling Winamp's default MIDI plug for the MIDI files and let AdPlug "take over".

For Winamp's MIDI plug-in...
1. Winamp Ctrl+P
2. Plug-ins > Input
4. File Types tab > unhighlight/unselect the various MIDI formats you don't want Winamp's default support for
5. close out of Prefs
Old 28th December 2010, 14:31   #5
snowzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMac View Post
In your screenshot I noticed that you have AdPlug and among the various formats that AdPlug can play are MIDI files. So, basically there are two plug-ins "competing" for the same format. In this case MIDI format(s).

I am not familiar with AdPlug's options, however if possible try disabling AdPlug's playback of MID files (and other MIDI formats) in favor of Winamp's MIDI plug-in. Or, you could try disabling Winamp's default MIDI plug for the MIDI files and let AdPlug "take over".

For Winamp's MIDI plug-in...
1. Winamp Ctrl+P
2. Plug-ins > Input
4. File Types tab > unhighlight/unselect the various MIDI formats you don't want Winamp's default support for
5. close out of Prefs

thaanks for the support,
but it dint worked,

i dont understand, why unistaling and instaling again doesnt make any change.
Old 28th December 2010, 21:11   #6
JonnyMac

When you uninstall > reinstalled Winamp, was that a full uninstall > reinstall (AKA clean install) of Winamp?

Is it just the converted MIDI files or all MIDIs that do not play. Do the files not play at all or does it play but there is no sound?

Can you please provide Winamp & system specs, including a List of Plug-ins. Instructions for providing a plug-ins list is provided in the specs link.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:54   #7
snowzero

my unistall is the defaut by winamp (under the control panel - add or remove programs)

all* midi files no long plays in winamp, but they play good in windows media player
-exept a rare files (3 in a total of 100) plays but with diferent instruments

ok im sending the data attached

Im using winamp 5.541
-instalation type: full (but personalized, not using the video components)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	midi.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	48225  
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_compat_list.txt (1.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: txt my_plugin_list_ext.txt (2.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (50.3 KB, 105 views)
Old 29th December 2010, 22:15   #8
JonnyMac

OK, I think we will be able to get somewhere now (fingers crossed). .A couple issues have popped up in the plug-ins list. .One, you have a older version of Winamp, the latest at the time of the reply is 5.601 and has couple updates for MIDI playback. .Two, you seem to be missing some support files in the Winamp directory. .One in particular is read_file.dll, which one of the files that provides MIDI support.

So, try updating Winamp using the clean install method (of Winamp). .Note, on the download page Winamp will be listed as 5.6, however the download will be 5.601.

Good Luck
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support