Old 5th June 2021, 09:21   #81
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisienne17 View Post
That was odd..
I've published a question about an idea I had yesterday and got "your post will be published after an administrator approval"... or something like this.
That usually happens when your post contains a link that the forum motor deems suspicious.

Quote:
About the colors, using the same system-colors.xml in 2 skins, the different results.
Now, I see what you mean. This is how Winamp colors the pop-up menu:
  1. First, it checks whether your skin has color definitions for the pop-up menu. If it finds them then it will use them.
  2. If it does not then it will look for color definitions for wasabi.window.background and wasabi.window.text and if it finds them then it will use them.
    • Note that the last version of your system-colors.xml that I have seen defines wasabi.window.background twice. With duplicate color definitions, the one that comes later cancels the one that comes earlier.
  3. If it does not find a color definition for wasabi.window.background then Winamp will use the background color of the image defined for wasabi.frame.basetexture.
  4. If it does not find a color definition for wasabi.window.text then it will use wasabi.list.text.
  5. If none of the above are defined for your skin then it will use "144,144,144" for pop-up background and "196,255,196" for pop-up text.
    • "144,144,144" is picked from a pixel of C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\freeform\xml\wasabi\window\background.png
    • "196,255,196" is read from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\freeform\xml\wasabi\xml\system-colors.xml

Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2021, 15:48   #82
parisienne17

The only link in the post was to the pictures hoster I've used since the beginning of our conversation, besides being my desktop background in 2560 by something. Later on that...

Thanks for the tips about colors but what about this :
Your skin (and it's color definition)

your skin with my system-colors.xml

and my skin with the same system-colors.xml

About my previous post and as moderation hasn't come to terms with it...
I was thinking about a second skin (if my eyes let me see until that point) and came across that sketch

The 'words' in the middle are the inittials of
Aot, Shuffle, Repeat, Equalize, Crossfade
Media library, Playlist, Eject, Browse, Mute
being icons calling for components or actions.

The issue is that transparency when appealing isn't productive in daily use so I thought about win7 blurring under windows. I took a look on the internet to find that coding blur is pretty basic so I was wondering if winamp scripting abillities allows for, on load, getting the player's underneath 'image', blur it then display the player on top.

What do you think about it ?
parisienne17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2021, 16:26   #83
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
and my skin with the same system-colors.xml
The results are definitely not the same. In my skin with your system-colors.xml, the color of the window background around the Media Library buttons and the background color of the pop-up menu are both dark gray, defined with this tag:
PHP Code:
<color id="wasabi.window.background" value="20,20,20"/> 
In your skin, they are colored "144,144,144", which is the light grade shade Winamp picks from a pixel of C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\freeform\xml\wasabi\window\background.png if wasabi.window.background is not defined.

So you either do not have the above tag in your system-colors.xml, or do not have this line in your skin.xml:
PHP Code:
<include file="xml/system-colors.xml"/> 
Quote:
I was wondering if winamp scripting abillities allows for, on load, getting the player's underneath 'image', blur it then display the player on top.
I don't really get what you mean. Would the blurred image be some kind of a drop shadow?

Old 5th June 2021, 19:36   #84
parisienne17

here is my skin.xml content :
PHP Code:
<WinampAbstractionLayer version="1.3">
<
skininfo>
blah blah blah

</skininfo>

<
included file="xml/system-colors.xml"/>
<include 
file="xml/standardframe.xml"/>
<include 
file="xml/pledit.xml"/>
<include 
file="xml/player.xml"/>
<include 
file="xml/artvis.xml"/>
<
script id="albumartvis" file="scripts/albumartvis.maki"/> 
</
WinampAbstractionLayer
and system-colors.xml content :
PHP Code:
<elements>

<
color id="wasabi.list.text.current" value="255,255,255"/>                                                                                     <!-- Playing song text color -->
<
color id="wasabi.list.text.selected.background" value="255,0,0"/>                                                                     <!-- selection bar color  -->
<
color id="wasabi.list.text" value="140,140,140" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                                 <!-- normal text color -->
<
color id="wasabi.list.column.text" value="140,140,140" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                 <!-- Columns text color -->
<
color id="wasabi.list.item.selected.fg" value="255,0,0" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                 <!-- Selected item text foreground color -->
<
color id="wasabi.list.column.separator" value="0,0,0"  gammagroup="Backgrounds"/>                                     <!-- Color of line between columns -->
<
color id="wasabi.itemlist.outline.current" value="255,0,0"/>                                                                             <!-- Currently playing outline color -->
<
color id="wasabi.textBar.text" value="255,0,0" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                                 <!-- Text object message box text color -->
<
color id="wasabi.textBar.background" value="255,0,0" gammagroup="Text Backgrounds"/>                             <!-- Text object message box text background color -->
<
color id="wasabi.list.text.selected" value="0,0,255" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                   <!-- from wasabi.list.item.selected.fg -->

<!-- 
Buttons -->
<
color id="wasabi.button.text" value="255,0,0" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                                     <!-- Buttons text color -->
<
color id="wasabi.button.hiliteText" value="0,240,0" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                         <!-- Buttons hilite text colorused by tab windows-->
<
color id="wasabi.button.dimmedText" value="64,64,64" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                     <!-- Buttons dimmed text colorwhen disabled -->
<
color id="wasabi.text.color" value="255,0,0" gammagroup="Text"/>
<
color id="wasabi.text.color.inverse" value="0,0,0" gammagroup="Text Inverse"/>

<
color id="wasabi.tree.text" value="255,0,0" gammagroup="Text"/>                                                                     <!-- Item text color ??? -->
<
color id="wasabi.tree.hiliteddrop" value="0,0,0"/>                                                                                         <!-- Drop marker color ??? -->

<
color id="wasabi.window.background" value="10,10,10"/>
<
color id="wasabi.window.text" value="255,255,255"/>

</
elements

About the new skin.
Imagine a transparent background for the player. Nice BUT not usefull as background screams thru it.
Microsoft has solved this by adding a blurred layer under windows alongside drop shadows.
So I was wodering if that could be achieved by scripting :
- 'get' the underlying area of the player
- blur it
- display the player on top.
Old 5th June 2021, 20:45   #85
ariszlo
Major Dude

Look at this line, letter by letter, and you will see:
Quote:
<included file="xml/system-colors.xml"/>
Quote:
So I was wodering if that could be achieved by scripting :
- 'get' the underlying area of the player
- blur it
- display the player on top.
Probably, it could but it would be much more work to script it than do a blurred layer with an image editor.

Old 5th June 2021, 22:55   #86
parisienne17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
Look at this line, letter by letter, and you will see:.
Oh my... becoming blind is so much pain in the ass : I edited the file name in your skin NOT copying the whole line, of course with it's misspelled entry !

You're the man : Problem solved !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
Probably, it could but it would be much more work to script it than do a blurred layer with an image editor.
Sure except that it won't be a transparent background with an underlying blurred area but the same blurred picture everywhere or anywhere on the desktop. Not really the same.
Old 6th June 2021, 06:59   #87
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Sure except that it won't be a transparent background with an underlying blurred area but the same blurred picture everywhere or anywhere on the desktop. Not really the same.
Now I remember. Vista and 7 used to have that effect. It took me so much time to understand what you meant because I mostly used Ubuntu during the Vista/Windows 7 period. Windows 8 dropped Aero and Windows 10 did not bring it back.

Old 6th June 2021, 15:59   #88
parisienne17

Exactly, it was the time where microsoft dropped its eye candy UI for the ugly 'tiles' start menu and flat one in w10. I'm not sure the API was dropped down tho, it mighr be burried down somewhere.
Paradoxically, it was the times where computers ramped up in power processing alongside beefed up graphic cards...

That was the reason I didn't took the leap and a reason to start using stardock windowblinds again.
Old 6th June 2021, 18:43   #89
ariszlo
Major Dude

Okay, now that I understand your question, I can answer it. No, I don't think it is possible. The feature was asked for 12 years ago and Winamp still does not support it.

Old 7th June 2021, 03:02   #90
parisienne17

Thanks for the link (I should have queried the forum).

Even if it adresses the issue, request and answers were a bit on a different page.
I know that winamp doesn't use microsoft DRW or DRV system (name from memory) providing transparency, blur & shadow and that it won't (I'm also wondering if we'll have a revamped player as stated on the homepage ) but what I was thinking of is a bit different.

I understand that it would require a bit much from winamp's scripting abilities, maybe even dealing with outside code to query and communicate with windows core system. Too bad in a way and who cares anyway as people don't even know the name winamp ;.)
Old 11th June 2021, 03:10   #91
parisienne17

Hi.. I'm back !

I don't know how this §%@#€$ù animated seek works as I've redone a new graphic (with pure black & white at every end) but when I use it the seek bar acts as if it was backward or just don't work at all... So, because of a superior seek anim I've taken some stuff from Echo skin https://archive.org/details/winampskin_Echo :
in player-elements
PHP Code:
<bitmap id="player.anim.seek" file="player/songbar.png"/>
<
bitmap id="player.map.seek" file="player/seek_map.png"/> 
in player-normal-group :
PHP Code:
 <groupdef id="seeker">
     <
AnimatedLayer
      x
="81" y="115" w="220" h="5" id="SeekAnim" image="player.anim.seek"

move="0" autoplay="0" autoreplay="0"/>
    <
slider
      id
="HiddenSeek" ACTION="Seek" thumb="player.anim.seek"

x="0" y="0" w="40" h="2" alpha="0"/>
             <
script id="seek" file="scripts/seek.maki"/>
  <
text
    id
="songticker" ticker="1" x="54" y="42" w="233" h="15"

display="songname" default="" align="center" showlen="1" color="210,235,255"

font="ticker.font" fontsize="11" ghost="1"/>
</
groupdef
and I get

In echo skin the script is loaded in skin.xml. I've tried it with no more luck.. Do you have any idea about the issue ?

Last edited by parisienne17; 11th June 2021 at 06:04.
Old 11th June 2021, 04:49   #92
ariszlo
Major Dude

If you look at lines 66-71 of seek.m, you'll see that seek.maki is trying to find SeekAnim, HiddenSeek, and SongTicker within the player.normal.vis group. So put them inside the player.normal.vis group.

Old 11th June 2021, 07:05   #93
parisienne17

That's much better.
Besides it doesn't show.

So, I've this group :
PHP Code:
<groupdef id="player.normal.vis" name="Vis and Info" x="9" y="9" w="400" h="300">
  <
AnimatedLayer
      x
="81" y="115" w="220" h="5" id="SeekAnim" image="player.anim.seek"

move="0" autoplay="0" autoreplay="0"/>
  <
slider
      id
="HiddenSeek" ACTION="Seek" thumb="player.anim.seek"

x="0" y="0" w="40" h="2" alpha="0"/>
  <
script id="seek" file="scripts/seek.maki"/>

<
text
    id
="songticker" ticker="1" x="54" y="42" w="233" h="15"

display="songname" default="" align="center" showlen="1" color="210,235,255"

font="ticker.font" fontsize="11" ghost="1"/>
</
groupdef
I tried in player-normal outside <layout> because it crashed in it, with seek.maki loaded in the animated layer or in skin.xml
I also tried in player-normal-group with seek.maki (or in skin.xml) it doesn't show.

This is so frustrating as replicatig what runs in one skin doesn't in another
Old 11th June 2021, 07:51   #94
ariszlo
Major Dude

That's normal if you mix code from several skins. You might get duplicates or conflicting scripts, both of which may cause issues.

I cannot tell you what is wrong without seeing the rest of your xml's and m's (maki sources).

Old 15th June 2021, 15:24   #95
parisienne17

I don't know where to begin..

let's start here :
- I've cleaned up the skin, removing any imported thing besides what you kindly provided albumartvis, besides that animated seek imported from Echo skin and the seeker still doesn't show.

- I also discovered that moving winamp with an open playlist or medialibrary gives strange result

- Also, planning to complete an idea, I've began to play with clipping, using a rounded seethrough. It worked fine when displaying the covert art but when switching to visualisation the window pops up in front of the background, squared. Clicking on the background sends it back behind the background tho :

here's the skin if you want to take a look at it : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d00...ecipient_email

- Then I discovered that the toggle repeat would only repeat the playlist so I searched for a song repeat and found that one should activate playlist MPA. Fine, besides when switching skins, the repeat mode, even activated, jumps from song repeat to playlist back again...

- Then I'm stucked with a song name that won't extent to the full lenght of the window whatever the size.

I'm beginning to think that winamp is a bit sketchy. Of course I know it's a ten years + software but I've used even older media players like sonique we talked about or QCD/QMP (ok, I din't try to skin gor them) without these issues.

Last I was thinking about this to complete the skin before refining and cleaning it.
Let's start from normal state, basic player, opening with shortcuts to aOT/repeat/shuffle, etc... and song controls play/pause/etc... (not displayed here)

Then, on button click, covertart and resized shortcuts (song controls at the bottom)

And at last, on the same button click (or another it doesn't matter), full visualisation and small basic controls at the bottom

Here's the skin if you want to take a look at it : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d00...ecipient_email
Old 15th June 2021, 15:34   #96
parisienne17

Arrggg.. That s h i t t y moderator thing striked back on my lenghty post and as the previous one never showed up, I luckily hit back and retrieved it's content. So here it is in parts.

let's start here :
- I've cleaned up the skin, removing any imported thing besides what you kindly provided albumartvis, besides that animated seek imported from Echo skin and the seeker still doesn't show.

- I also discovered that moving winamp with an open playlist or medialibrary gives strange result

- Also, planning to complete an idea, I've began to play with clipping, using a rounded seethrough. It worked fine when displaying the covert art but when switching to visualisation the window pops up in front of the background, squared. Clicking on the background sends it back behind the background tho :

here's the skin if you want to take a look at it : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d00...ecipient_email

- Then I discovered that the toggle repeat would only repeat the playlist so I searched for a song repeat and found that one should activate playlist MPA. Fine, besides when switching skins, the repeat mode, even activated, jumps from song repeat to playlist back again...

- Then I'm stucked with a song name that won't extent to the full lenght of the window whatever the size.
Old 15th June 2021, 15:35   #97
parisienne17

Arrggg.. That s h i t t y moderator thing striked back on my lenghty post and as the previous one never showed up, I luckily hit back and retrieved it's content. So here it is in parts.

let's start here :

Old 15th June 2021, 15:38   #98
parisienne17

Old 15th June 2021, 15:39   #99
parisienne17

Old 15th June 2021, 15:41   #100
parisienne17

Old 15th June 2021, 15:55   #101
parisienne17

I'm beginning to think that winamp is a bit sketchy. Of course I know it's a ten years + software but I've used even older media players like sonique we talked about or QCD/QMP (ok, I din't try to skin gor them) without these issues.
Old 15th June 2021, 16:02   #102
parisienne17

Last I was thinking about this to complete the skin before refining and cleaning it.
Let's start from normal state, basic player, opening with shortcuts to aOT/repeat/shuffle, etc... and song controls play/pause/etc... (not displayed here)

Then, on button click, covertart and resized shortcuts (song controls at the bottom)

And at last, on the same button click (or another it doesn't matter), full visualisation and small basic controls at the bottom

Old 15th June 2021, 16:07   #103
parisienne17

Here's the skin if you want to take a look at it : https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d00...ecipient_email
Old 15th June 2021, 17:24   #104
ariszlo
Major Dude

Getting much better with its rounded corners and larger main window.

Meanwhile, I looked into Echo and found out that what makes its seeker gradient has nothing to do with maki. So you don't need to import it. What makes the seeker gradient is simply a layer over the seeker. If you comment out the following line in Echo's player-normal.xml, all gradience will be gone:
PHP Code:
<group id="glare.elements"/> 
This is how you can have an Echo-style seeker in your skin without importing Echo's seek.maki:

1. Copy the attached png's into your skin's Player directory.

2. Add these to player-elements.xml:
PHP Code:
<bitmap id="seekbg.echo" file="player/echo-seekbg.png"/>
<
bitmap id="progress.echo" file="player/echo-progress.png"/>
<
bitmap id="slider.echo" file="player/echo-slider.png"/>
<
bitmap id="seekglass.echo" file="player/echo-seekglass.png"/> 
3. Use this groupdef for your seeker in player-normal-group.xml:
PHP Code:
<groupdef id="seeker">
  <
layer id="seekbg" image="seekbg.echo"

x="0" y="6" w="137" h="5" ghost="1"

/>
  <
ProgressGrid
    x
="1" y="6" w="135" h="5" orientation="right"

middle="progress.echo"

/>
  <
slider id="seekerslider"

action="SEEK"

orientation="right" x="1" y="4" w="135" h="9"

thumb="slider.echo"

/>
  <
layer
    id
="seekglass" image="seekglass.echo"

x="0" y="6" w="137" h="5" rectrgn="0" ghost="1"

/>
</
groupdef
It is the seekglass layer that adds an Echo-like gradient effect to your layer.
Attached Files
File Type: zip echo-style-seeker-elements.zip (2.2 KB, 82 views)

Old 15th June 2021, 20:09   #105
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
animated seek imported from Echo skin and the seeker still doesn't show.
See my previous post.

Quote:
I also discovered that moving winamp with an open playlist or medialibrary gives strange result
It is because the main window and the Coverart/Visualization window are two distinct windows. The Coverart/Visualization window is bound to the main window by albumartvis.maki, so when you drag the main window, the Coverart/Visualization window is dragged along with it. But it is still a separate window and when you move the main window, it may happen that the main window moves over another window and the Coverart/Visualization window moves below it.

Quote:
when switching to visualisation the window pops up in front of the background, squared.
Yes, visualization always pushes itself on top when started.

Quote:
Then I'm stucked with a song name that won't extent to the full lenght of the window whatever the size.
Winamp used to have very small windows and needs some help with larger ones.

In player-normal.xml, set the width for the songDisplay group like this:
PHP Code:
<group id="songDisplay" x="50" y="47" w="430"/> 
Use the same width for SongTitle in player-normal-group.xml.

For ArtistName and AlbumTitle, the width should be the width of songDisplay minus their x: 430-202=228.

Quote:
[...]
Good idea. It is best to proceed gradually.

Old 16th June 2021, 15:41   #106
ariszlo
Major Dude

seeksongtitle.maki

For a seeker as simple as the one in Echo, you do not need maki. All you need is some graphics and xml.

But for some funkier ones, you may need it.

Here is an example of a seeker which gradually changes its color from green at the beginning of a song to orange at the end.

1. Create an image for the animated seeker and one for the seek map. The images should be of equal widths. The attached zip contains three different images for the animated seeker and one for the seek map.

2. In player-elements.xml, replace these lines:
code:
<bitmap id="player.anim.seek" file="player/songbar2.png" gammagroup="vis"/>
<bitmap id="player.map.seek" file="player/seek_map2.png"/>

with these:
PHP Code:
<bitmap id="player.anim.seek" file="player/animseek-chameleon.png"/>
<
bitmap id="player.map.seek" file="player/seekmap-samewidth.png"/> 
3. In player-normal-group.xml, this is all you need:
PHP Code:
<groupdef id="seeker">
  <
AnimatedLayer
    id
="SeekAnim" image="player.anim.seek"

x="0" y="6" w="137" h="5" move="0" autoplay="0" autoreplay="0"

/>
  <
script id="seeksongtitle" file="scripts/seeksongtitle.maki"/>
</
groupdef
The width of the SeekAnim layer should be the same as the width of the bitmaps. The height should be the same as the height of one row in animseek-chameleon.png

4. Copy seeksongtitle.m and seeksongtitle.maki into your scripts folder.

Try it out with animseek-gradient.png and animseek-blink.png, too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip seeksongtitle.zip (9.3 KB, 74 views)

Old 23rd June 2021, 11:19   #107
parisienne17

Hi ariszlo

That was exactly what I was looking for, better look and above all much smother than
original animated seeker even if I've tracked down why I couldn't make it work : my 1st attempt was a vertical stacked images (silly me), the 2nd was an horizontal contiguous one which didn't work better even if one image size was = to the gradient one when these are images on top of another.

So, I'm working on the final iteration of ASREC, going from bare player

to covertart configuration (with resized and displaced shortcuts)

Unfortunately it's henceforth a slow process as what took me 15mns before is hour(s) now.
Old 23rd June 2021, 11:23   #108
parisienne17

I went back from albumartvis to albumshowhide for this (the second stage in my previous post is still amockup, I'm slowly going thru ichange's xml) but a few attemps to add both of them were a failure : one button to show coverart (and resize/move shortcuts/song display) and another for coverart/vis.
Old 23rd June 2021, 11:29   #109
parisienne17

I'm also a bit sad as I don't why the Online Services entry in media library doesn't work anymore. I've discovered this and found it very great, I used it from time to time but it stopped yesterday ou 2 days ago

Quote:
An internal server error has occured
HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error
The Online Service has made a request to a server that has encountered an error preventing the completion of the response.

Try Again
Old 24th June 2021, 19:02   #110
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
So, I'm working on the final iteration of ASREC...

Quote:
I went back from albumartvis to albumshowhide...
No more AVS/Milkdrop in the main window?

Quote:
I'm also a bit sad as I don't why the Online Services entry in media library doesn't work anymore.
Fixed by now.

Old 26th June 2021, 22:27   #111
parisienne17

Of course I'll use it but I'm working on this 3 states player : bare, covertart and visualisations. As usual, I'm i reverse mode, working on the graphic part before the code... simply because I'm more skillfull in the former ;.))

My last try gave me issues putting together showhidecover & artvis as I find more ergonomic to use 2 buttons : 1/ bare player/coverart, 2/ bare or coverart/visualisations
Old 27th June 2021, 12:04   #112
parisienne17

on a second thought, one button is enough ! ;.)

I've also discovered that winamp modern skin has a 3 repeat states : off, song, playlist.. I'll have to implement it ;.))
Old 28th June 2021, 06:47   #113
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
I'll have to implement it ;.))
Here is an example. Change the x's, y's, w's and h's to suit your skin.

PHP Code:
<NStatesButton
  id
="Repeat"

cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};Repeat"

nstates="3"

cfgvals="0;1;-1"

x="303" y="213" w="51" h="29" rectrgn="1"

image="button.repeat"

hoverImage="button.repeat"

activeImage="button.repeat"

tooltip="Repeat"
/> 
This is what is important:
  • The tag type should be NStatesButton, not togglebutton.
  • None of these three lines should be left out:

cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};Repeat"
    nstates="3"
    cfgvals="0;1;-1"

• No digits in the image id's.
Now the elements. The id's are the same as in the NStatesButton tag but they end in a digit.

No repeat ends in 0:
PHP Code:
<bitmap id="button.repeat0" file="Player/repeat.png" x="0" y="0"
w="51" h="29"/> 
Repeat the list ends in 1:
PHP Code:
<bitmap id="button.repeat1" file="Player/repeat.png" x="0" y="30"
w="51" h="29"/> 
Repeat the song ends in 2:
PHP Code:
<bitmap id="button.repeat2" file="Player/repeat.png" x="0" y="60"
w="51" h="29"/> 
Attached Images

Old 28th June 2021, 22:41   #114
parisienne17

That's what I got from winamp modern skin.. Besides the pictures that wouldn't show.. Of course as I didn't check the player.elements part ;.)

Do you happen to know how winamp modern skin is able to show in the song display area the actual repeat state ?

Once again, big thanks for your outmost valuable help !
Old 29th June 2021, 02:00   #115
parisienne17

Is it me or this particular option doesn't allow a hover image ?
When I pass a hover image it displays a blank one.
Old 29th June 2021, 05:30   #116
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
Do you happen to know how winamp modern skin is able to show in the song display area the actual repeat state ?
It is handled by display.maki. To adapt it to your skin, you will need to edit its source: replace "songticker" with "SongTitle" and remove whatever you don't need. Then you compile it with the MAKI Compiler.

You can get the sources of the makis of the Winamp Modern and Big Bento skins by installing the Winamp Skin Development Pack, which also includes MAKI Compiler v1.2.0.

Quote:
Is it me or this particular option doesn't allow a hover image ?
When I pass a hover image it displays a blank one.
"button.repeat.hover" in the NStatesButton tag and "button.repeat.hover0", "button.repeat.hover1", "button.repeat.hover2" in elements.

Old 30th June 2021, 07:02   #117
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
1. Add this below <!-- SONG TITLE --> in player-normal-group.xml:
PHP Code:
<text
  id
="RepeatInfo"

x="0" y="0" w="430" h="60"

font="impact" shadowcolor="80,80,80" shadowx="-3" shadowy="3" antialias="1"

align="left" valign="top"

fontsize="54" color="250,250,250" alpha="190"

visible="0"
/> 
The position and size of RepeatInfo should be the same as the position and size of SongTitle.

2. Add this after the Repeat NStatesButton tag:
PHP Code:
<script id="repeatsongtitle" file="scripts/repeatsongtitle.maki"/> 
3. Compile the attached repeatsongtitle.m and copy repeatsongtitle.maki into your skin's scripts folder.
Attached Files
File Type: m repeatsongtitle.m (1.2 KB, 57 views)

Old 4th July 2021, 21:54   #118
parisienne17

Last days have been tough so I didn't winamp ;.) Came back in the evening and just found... a bug... ?

- Start a song => song display OK
- clic on seeker => song display shows the whole song info

With these definitions :
PHP Code:
<groupdef id="songDisplay">
  <
script id="songticker.script" file="scripts/songticker.maki"/>
  <!-- 
SONG TITLE -->
    <
Text
    id
="SongTitle"

display="songname"

ticker="1"

x="0" y="0"

w="430" h="60"

font="impact" shadowcolor="0,0,0" shadowx="-3" shadowy="3" antialias="1"

bold="0"

align="left"

valign="top"

rightclickaction="trackmenu"

dblclickaction="trackinfo"

fontsize="54"

color="250,250,250"

alpha="190"

/>

<!-- 
ARTIST NAME -->
    <
Text
    id
="ArtistName"

display="songname"

ticker="1"

x="0" y="44"

w="150" h="50"

font="Song-4"

light="1"

align="ieft"

valign="top"

fontsize="34" shadowcolor="0,0,0" shadowx="-2" shadowy="2" antialias="1" bold="1"

color="255,255,255"

/>

<!-- 
ALBUM TITLE -->
     <
text
        id
="AlbumTitle"

x="202" y="44"

w="230" h="40" align="left"

font="Song-4"

antialias="1" bold="1"

ticker="1"

fontsize="30" color="220,220,220" shadowcolor="0,0,0" shadowx="-2" shadowy="2"

alpha="210"

/>
 <
script id="albumtitle" file="scripts/albumtitle.maki"/>
 </
groupdef
(I haven't used albumtitle.maki for now and even if I remove it there's no change)

Checking with previous skins layouts, the only difference is the 'new' song seeker you provided and it's place isn't relevant as moving it doesn't change anything ?

Is this the lack of dummy thing used in animated seeker ?

Last edited by parisienne17; 5th July 2021 at 00:18.
Old 5th July 2021, 00:53   #119
parisienne17

in the same department, is there a way to concatenate song strings as in the above exemple, artist name is 2 letters long when it could be lenghtier so setting a fixed size is non productive : adding for exemple artist_name+album_title with a fixed size with scrolling or flashing as in anunaki would be better.
Old 5th July 2021, 09:34   #120
ariszlo
Major Dude

Quote:
- Start a song => song display OK
- clic on seeker => song display shows the whole song info
Fixed. Replace seeksongtitle.m and seeksongtitle.maki with those in the attached zip.

Quote:
in the same department, is there a way to concatenate song strings as in the above exemple, artist name is 2 letters long when it could be lenghtier so setting a fixed size is non productive : adding for exemple artist_name+album_title with a fixed size with scrolling or flashing as in anunaki would be better.
Yes, there is.

1. Remove this line from player-normal-group.xml:
PHP Code:
<script id="songticker.script" file="scripts/songticker.maki"/> 
2. Replace display="songname" with display="SongTitle" in the SongTitle tag.

3. Remove the ArtistName and AlbumTitle tags.

4. Add a tag with id="ArtistAlbum" and display="SongArtist" (or display="SongAlbum", whichever you prefer) in place of ArtistName and AlbumTitle:
PHP Code:
<Text
  id
="ArtistAlbum"

display="SongAlbum"

ticker="1"

x="202" y="44" w="228" h="50"

align="left" valign="top"

font="Song-4" light="1" color="255,255,255"

fontsize="34" shadowcolor="80,80,80" shadowx="-2" shadowy="2" antialias="1" bold="1"

/> 
Make sure the ArtistAlbum tag contains a display line, otherwise it will not scroll.

5. Replace this line:
PHP Code:
<script id="albumtitle" file="scripts/albumtitle.maki"/> 
with this:
PHP Code:
<script id="playitemstrings" file="scripts/playitemstrings.maki"/> 
6. Copy playitemstrings.m and playitemstrings.maki into your scripts folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip seeksongtitle.zip (3.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: zip playitemstrings.zip (1.5 KB, 54 views)

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins