X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.Melo
    • Oct 2006

Why a higher frame rate?

I've been wondering why I always get a higher framerate when I open AVS while IE7 is open. Does it do this with other web browsers too? Does it do this with anyone else, first of all?
  • Rocker
    Hiding in plain sight (mod)
    • Jun 2000

if anything ie7 makes mine slower/can't tell any difference.

Comment

• QOAL
      [STILL a retard!]
      • Apr 2002

I checked it and it made it slower.

Running other crap at the same time as AVS is bound to make it slower as your CPU has to do more crap.

Some times when I load AVS it forgets it's 100fps limit and runs at up to 512fps. (not that much will)
      count!last.fmplanner

Comment

• J.Melo
        • Oct 2006

I have a 64-bit processor with win XP x64. Would it have anything to do with that?

Comment

• Grandchild
          • Oct 2005

i experienced this as well occasionally with different programs on different computers, though not with ie yet. in my cases it was freehand or photoshop[!]. but it usually only increases the really fast presets not the slow ones.
          so i guess it's something like QOAL said, avs forgets it's limit or something. or maybe the programs do sth to the display settings that makes AVS faster... just wild guesses, we'll probably never know

Comment

• J.Melo
            • Oct 2006

I don't think it (just) has to do with a limit because I have a preset that gets 27fps without IE, and 45-50fps with it. It does forget it's limit most of those times, though, with some presets going as fast as 200fps

Comment

• MaTTFURY
              Major Dude
              • Jun 2004

probably just different sections of a song?
              i am not normal, no really.

Comment

Working...
              X