Old 30th September 2018, 11:45   #1
wooster

What should the bundled presets be for projectM?

Hi, I help maintain projectM, the cross-platform open source implementation of Milkdrop.
I basically grabbed a bunch of preset packs at random (yin, tryptonaut, milkdrop2, etc) and threw them all together in a folder and we use that as the set of presets everyone gets when they install it.
I'd like something a bit more... curated, and thoughtful. What do you recommend for the bundle of presets that come with projectM? Any specific collection? Collection of collections?

Presets with shaders are especially desired. After a tremendous effort, we finally have the ability to run milkdrop preset shaders (written in HLSL) on any platform by transpiling (to GLSL) on the fly.
wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2018, 18:01   #2
Fumbling_Foo

Some of my absolute favorites from the default winamp package are:

fiShbRaiN - white scream firefly
Flexi - infused with the spiral
Flexi, martin + geiss - dedicated to the sherwin maxawow
goody - ego deconstructor
Goody + martin - crystal palace - Aqua Lumens
ORB - Acid Cycle Gas Giant
martin - purple pulsator
martin - starfield sectors

Also, martin has a great many excellent presets in his "my complete collection" thread, with a lot of 3d effects and presets. I can especially recommend the "mandelbox" and "Castle in the Sky" presets from my 52k presets collection topic if they aren't already in martin's.

I can especially recommend from amandio_c's compilation zip in the respective preset topic "helios" and "new life." Many of the presets are very interesting and very well done really, being based unbelievably on very advanced implementation of custom shapes, but few if any of amandio's presets have any beat detection.

And, if nobody else recommends them, I can recommend currently my couple of presets, Synaescope v7d and Maelstrom v3 .

What would the release window be for the preset package update? I may (eventually) make more updates for both.

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2018, 06:13   #3
Fumbling_Foo

Oh and I almost forgot about Victhor's winamp 5.8 selection.

http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=16

Last dying moments is especially nice .

Edit: Oh yeah and don't let me forget these beauties , Erel by XeroTriniy and Zen Walk (found in martin's preset thread)

http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...00&postcount=8

Like my avatar? Check out my Synaescope preset project later on in the Star Forge topic . Nearly endless mandalesque patterns going to the energy of the music .
Fumbling_Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2018, 08:48   #4
neebster

All of Martin's presets should definitely be on there as they really push Milkdrop to its limits.
There's a thread called "My Complete Collection" which has all his presets but I have also uploaded them here: https://we.tl/t-VucqoM8n4A
neebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2018, 11:58   #5
hatecubed

I've got a decent list of my favourites from the various collections, I'll try and get them together when I get a moment at home...
hatecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 19:30   #6
wooster

Thanks a bunch. It's pretty clear from the Martin pack that projectM has a ways to go before being able to handle some of the crazier presets. Will be useful to find some parsing and shader errors though.

Some of the presets on projectM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSam8zwSFw

Keep the suggestions coming, please! This is very helpful
wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Tags
presets, projectm