Old 1st August 2017, 00:42   #1
gshriver

How do I get Winamp to auto start after long data drop?

I am using Winamp to monitor a Shoutcast stream I am sending from a radio station transmitter site. It is running through a 900mhz link that has huge data packet loss strings about once an hour. I have configured Winamp to make it through them most of the time by increasing the buffers in the MPEG decoder plug-in. it takes a long time to fill the buffer when I first start up Winamp, but it makes it through the smaller packet loss strings just fine. BUT!! Every now and then there will be a huge packet drop up to 20 seconds. At this point Winamp will stop playing. When the link stream comes back up, Winamp won’t always restart itself. I have enabled the repeat button on the player but sometimes it won’t re-start after the data stream comes back up. Is there anything I can do to make it sit there and keep retrying to play the Shoutcast stream over and over until it sees the data stream come back? Thanks - Gary
gshriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 18:35   #2
gshriver

also I could use any info or tips on how to increase the buffer size to it's max.
thanks for any help here.
Gary
gshriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support