Old 9th September 2017, 04:43   #1
musicf8

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Winamp Format Converter

So I started to use Ω (ALT+234) in file names to make my folder the last one in the list for temporary files. It seems that the file converter has an issue converting files in those folders. Is there a fix for this besides moving it to a folder w/o that symbol?

Or if anyone has a better symbol besides something like "zzz"

Edit: seems to be only an issue when I try to convert a wav file.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 9/14/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 11:32   #2
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
... Is there a fix for this besides moving it to a folder w/o that symbol?
I do not know whether this will help but the WAV-decoder seems to have problems not only with the name of a folder but also with the location (where you are going to save the converted files).

I just ran the converter (wav to flac) and got no error whatsoever. And the plausible explanation lies in the fact that Winamp saved the converted file in the standard Music folder as it is saved in the Converter options: Users\Music.

As soon as I change the location to my "real" Music folder, which is on a different partition but still on the same hard drive, Winamp throws exactly the same error message you reported about:

Why don't you create a temporary folder called Converted Files on the desktop and save all the new files in there? There is no easier way of grabbing files which are stored (temporarily) on the desktop. (Unless you follow a special "rule", which I do not understand here.)

EDIT: I just changed the save location setting in the converter so it would save the converted files directly on the desktop but got the same "Cannot Find Decoder" error message.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	decoder.PNG
Views:	33
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	53520  
PeterK. is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support