Old 14th October 2004, 20:42   #1
Seaweed

Shuffle Play Bug

Ok i have been using winamp for several years now and today i've finally cracked.

There is a bug with the shuffle play IT IS NOT RANDOM.

I have 2500 mp3's and winamp is constantly choosing the same ones, i know it is easy to say im imaginging this but I'm convinced this is a bug with winamp.

I did played through around 200 or so songs in winamp and about 30 were played twice and a few 3 times now when you have 2500 songs the odds of this happening are considerably high.

I used shuffle play in itunes (worst program ever) to listen to my mp3's and i noticed a refreshing change in the music i was hearing.

I am growing increasinly annoyed with hearing the same songs over and over and after speaking to some makes they experience the same thing.
Seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2004, 21:15   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
NOT a bug. Correct behavior.
Shuffle=shuffle (can play same song more than once)
Random=random (no one song ever repeated)

Shuffle does not "remember" what has been played. If you want a truly randomized playlist, in the Playlist Editor click Misc button > Sort List > Randomize list

You can repeat the above procedure as many times as you like, for a different randomization.

If you want to stick with "Shuffle", then you can increase the shuffle morph rate...

CTRL+P for Winamp Preferences > General Preferences > Playlist > Shuffle Morph Rate > Slide slider all the way to the right

But the above procedure will still only shuffle (songs may still be repeated but not as frequently), and not truly randomize.

You can also download/install DrO's Time Restore & Autoplay v1.85 plugin, where you can select to "Randomise Winamp Playlist on Load" (among other nifty features).

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2004, 22:22   #3
Seaweed

i like to be able to see my playlist in alphabetical order tho, is there not a plugin which will use "random play" rather than shuffle ?
Old 14th October 2004, 22:29   #4
Seaweed

i dont mind repetition of tracks but my issue is that winamp will always choose from the same 200 or so tracks, there are tracks in my playlist which are never selected by shuffle and i have tried different morph rates.

All i want is for winamp to select and play a RANDOM song from my playlist without loosing it's alphabetical order.
Old 15th October 2004, 03:02   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Quote:
is there not a plugin which will use "random play" rather than shuffle ?
Yes. I quote myself from above...
Quote:
You can also download/install DrO's Time Restore & Autoplay v1.85 plugin, where you can select to "Randomise Winamp Playlist on Load" (among other nifty features).
Now I quote you again...
Quote:
winamp will always choose from the same 200 or so tracks... ...All i want is for winamp to select and play a RANDOM song from my playlist without loosing it's alphabetical order.
In that case you would have to use "shuffle" instead of "randomize" and increase the shuffle morph rate, where songs may still be repeated but not as frequently (as I described in my above post), which will play songs very nearly close to the entire length of the playlist as possible (not just the same 200 tracks) - just increase the shuffle morph rate to the max - set slider all the way to the right, then close Winamp and reopen again for changes to take effect (as always, close and reopen Winamp when changing any Preferences for changes to take effect).

But I know of no plugin that will do what is highlighted in bold where I quoted you above. Now, if DrO spots this thread, and then if he is so inclined (and if it's even possible), he may decide to add an option like that to his Time Restore & Autoplay plugin. But DrO has a lot under his belt right now, so I wouldn't really press him on the issue.

Besides, if you properly save your playlist(s) using the List button > Save List option, and save it with a unique identifiable name outside of any Winamp folder/sub-folder, then even if you randomize the playlist (unalphabetically of course, as randomize will do), you can always just reload the saved playlist again (either from the Media Library or from disk), which has already been saved in alphabetical order (in your case - in mine I don't alphabetize).
Old 15th October 2004, 12:33   #6
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
But I know of no plugin that will do what is highlighted in bold where I quoted you above. Now, if DrO spots this thread, and then if he is so inclined (and if it's even possible), he may decide to add an option like that to his Time Restore & Autoplay plugin. But DrO has a lot under his belt right now, so I wouldn't really press him on the issue.
er, actually there is a way already

assuming you've loaded in your playlist from one main file (though it will also work for multiple playlists just it's a bit longer to do), you just need to load that file into the jump to file extra queue (either via the jtf dialog right click menu on the manage page or on the jtf->enqueue list page in the winamp prefs, and select the 'load playlist into queue' option. just select the same file you loaded into the winamp playlist and it should then load everything in as it is. then select 'randomise queue' from the right click menu and there you go, a randomised but still properly sorted playlist

/mental note: i really should add an option to just do this with a single menu item

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2004, 16:35   #7
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Ahhh. Excellent, Darren!
Ya know, I always use JTFE but up till now I wasn't aware of this randomize option.

Screenshot of a small 30 track playlist utilizing JTFE queue
randomization with Wildrose-Wally's FusionAmp skin...

@ Seaweed...

Problem solved. It's there for you as an option in JTFE.
Alphabetized and randomized

DrO is the Magical Genie of
Winamp plugins / enhancement!!

Old 16th October 2004, 04:08   #8
Qaxar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Qaxar Send a message via AIM to Qaxar
OK, I give up. Running Winamp 5.04, and installed JTFE v0.96c. Can't find 'randomise queue' from the right click menu. What am I missing? Didn't think Winamp 5.05 had anything to do with this.
Qaxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2004, 05:25   #9
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Hey, Qaxar, howz it been going with you? Long time no see!
Okay, this is the procedure I use in Winamp 5.05 (I have JTFE v0.96ca installed, which fixes this issue)...

1. Load a playlist into Winamp, either with the right-click Play > File method, or from a saved/imported playlist in the Media Library

2. Press "J" for JTFE. Right-click on the "Search Mode (No files are currently enqueued)" button. Select "View Options".

3. That will bring up Preferences > General Prefs > Jump to File > Enqueue List tab

4. Right-click anywhere within the "Enqueue List Management" box. Select "Load playlist into queue". Just make certain that it is the exact playlist/file/location that you first loaded in step 1 above.

5. Once the files are loaded, right-click anywhere within the "Enqueue List Management" box again, and select "Randomise queue". The playlist files within the Playlist Editor will now be randomized (as in my screenshot above).

6. Close the Preferences window and JTFE (optional), and then look at and enjoy listening to your randomized playlist in the Playlist Editor

Also, Qaxar... why don't you upgrade from 5.04 to 5.05? 5.05 fixes many bugs and security issues, including this major security issue that still exists in 5.04 (also mentioned in more detail here).
Old 16th October 2004, 05:34   #10
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Load your playlist into Winamp
Then load the same playlist file into JTFE ("Load playlist into queue").
Then the "Randomise Queue" option will appear in the right click menu of JTFE's 'Manage Mode' window.

[edit] damn, too slow again, lol [/edit]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtfe_random.jpg (98.8 KB, 1077 views)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2004, 05:48   #11
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Quote:
[edit] damn, too slow again, lol [/edit]
Ahhh... but you attached a nice screenshot for Qaxar to refer to, so it's all good.
Old 16th October 2004, 16:06   #12
Qaxar
Major Dude

Ahh! Nunzio and DJ Egg, my favorite Winamp confreres. I can always count on you two. I feel so dumb sometimes. I had it ready to go as far as getting the playlist queued, but was right clicking in the playlist editor rather than the "Enqueue List Management" box or the "Jump to File" window. So, OK now - thanks.

Good to see you back in action, Nunzio. Hope all is well with your family now.

I haven't upgraded to 5.05 since I don't fool around with skins much. And, of course I'm so pleased with how great Winamp is working, I thought I'd leave well enough alone for now. Also, Internet Explorer has been attacked so much, I've been using Opera for my browser. Guess I'll go ahead with 5.05, since you suggested it.
Old 16th October 2004, 17:26   #13
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Nahh, don't feel dumb. DrO has lots of little goodies virtually "hidden" in some of his plugins that he never tells us about and he likes us to discover them on our own (he's actually stated as much from time to time in the forums). Actually, it took me awhile to figure out the method for randomizing the queue even after DrO posted above.

Insofar as my family is concerned, well I'd had a really hard time when my Mom passed away, and then I almost went off the deep end when my Dad passed shortly after, on Dec 30th. But life goes on, so they say. Thanks for asking.

Yeah... I suggest upgrading to 5.05. Definitely. And I agree that Internet Explorer has many issues, and shouldn't be used. But insofar as Opera is concerned... well, it's speedy, has a nice tabbed interface, but handles a lot of scripting very poorly. Matter of fact, it's the only browser that totally ignores the scripting method I use to open links within my site, due to it's "internal" windows. What I would really suggest to you for your browser would be Mozilla Firefox. Has tabbed browsing (if you want it), same as Opera, is very fast, and has a great built-in download manager that will not screw up MIME file types as IE does when downloading, as I've pointed out to people both here and here in the forums.

Okay... see ya around the forums.
Later!

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 16th October 2004, 21:01   #14
Qaxar
Major Dude

Nunzio,
Guess this should be the last post here. We're way off the subject, but I hope the mods won't mind too much.

JTFE randomized queue works fine.
Installed ver 5.05. Lookin' good.
Installed Mozilla Firefox. Easy install and setup. Looks good so far. I'll try it for a while. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 16th October 2004, 21:40   #15
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Nahh. You're not off topic. In the end, this entire thread boiled down to the JTFE randomized queue.

Re: Mozilla Firefox browser...

After you've played with Firefox for awhile, also check out some of the Firefox Extensions (plugins) and Themes (skins)

Quoting myself once more...
Quote:
Finally, the topping on the cake....
You can control Winamp directly through the Firefox browser > FoxyTunes

Screenshot of my Firefox browser current configuration, using the Noia 2.0 Extreme Theme (skin), and also showing the Winamp player controls on the status bar at the bottom of the browser.
Happy Winamping!
Happy Firefoxing!
Old 27th October 2004, 18:42   #16
TV4Fun

Send a message via ICQ to TV4Fun
I noticed this bug too. When I do a random play of all the files from my media library, it seems to pick a lot of the ones I've just been listening too. I have quite a few files in my library that have never been played, and some that have been played 30 or 40 times just from random play. Is there something in random play that gives more weight to songs with a higher play count? And if so, there should be an option to turn that off.
TV4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2004, 19:26   #17
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Quote:
Originally posted by TV4Fun
I noticed this bug too. When I do a random play of all the files from my media library, it seems to pick a lot of the ones I've just been listening too. I have quite a few files in my library that have never been played, and some that have been played 30 or 40 times just from random play. Is there something in random play that gives more weight to songs with a higher play count? And if so, there should be an option to turn that off.
Errr... did you bother to read any of the replies in this thread? There is no bug. It's correct behavior, as I fully explained in my very first reply in this thread. Besides, if you back up a few posts and read, DrO already showed us how Seaweed's problem in this thread wasn't really a problem at all and was solved via JTFE randomized queue. I also posted a screenshot and explained the entire procedure to Qaxar. So did DJ Egg.

I suggest that you go back to the beginning of this thread and start reading again. If you'd read through this entire thread before posting, you would never have posted what you did. Seaweed's problem with his "shuffle bug" was solved, and so too will your problem be solved, once you've read everything in this thread. Random works one way, shuffle works another way (again - explained in my very first reply above), and DrO's randomization of the JTFE queue handles both things perfectly.
Old 10th November 2004, 18:00   #18
Wimble Poon

Sorry to drag this back up but once i've loaded the playlist into the queue and i hit randomise, winamp crashes every time?

Any idea's?
Wimble Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 18:40   #19
DrO

get the latest supported build (http://nunzioweb.com/daz/files/Jump_...tra_v0_96e.exe) which fixes the crash issue

-daz
Old 11th November 2004, 15:03   #20
Wimble Poon

Thankyou very much, i though i had the latest release but obviously not, and it has indeed fixed the crash issue.

Ta again!
Wimble Poon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2004, 15:14   #21
CRneXt

You know, I always seem to be a sore thumb, but... I just never have experienced what these people are talking about... I have listened to Winamp for days on end... None of my 1400+ tracks seem to be repeated more than others.

Is something amiss, or is it just my imagination/insecurity?
Seriously I have not ever experienced this. I wonder why.
CRneXt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2004, 23:11   #22
SisXtian

Send a message via ICQ to SisXtian Send a message via AIM to SisXtian
I have read this forum extensively. This is the same question I have been searching for an answer to since Winamp 2. Even older CD stereos have a "Smart Shuffle" feature where you can put in a CD, it will play random tracks, playing each track once until it plays them all. I REALLY wish Winamp could do this with a full playlist. I don't know how to program, but it seems possible to make a plugin like this using math. I know that iTunes can keep track of how many times a song is ever played. If Winamp can do this, and store the info in an ID3, then all the plugin would have to do is go through the playlist, and play the least played songs until they are all up to the same number of plays. When all songs have played the same number of times (say 3), the "shuffle" plays a random song. Then proceeds to play all songs in the playlist until they have all been played 3 times. I'm really surprised this hasn't been implemented into Winamp so far by way of a "Smart Shuffle" feature. I suggested it way back when. But perhaps it never got noticed. Maybe someone out there reading this thread knows how to create this type of plugin?
SisXtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2004, 18:29   #23
medlefsen

Quote:
NOT a bug. Correct behavior.
Shuffle=shuffle (can play same song more than once)
Random=random (no one song ever repeated)
This would seem like a bug to me, the word shuffle indicates that it would not repeat, where as the word random indicates that it would. So at the very least winamp isn't labeling things correctly if it's random is labeled shuffle.

It seems a bit odd that the only way to get a true shuffle is to go through a very hacky method of randomly queueing up your playlist on startup. No other player that I know of doesn't include shuffle by default, and I can't imagine why youd want random over shuffle.

That aside, I do get the feeling that the random (shuffle) function has some bugs in it, even with the morph rate all the way up. I can't be sure, and I know that true randomness means that occasionally your going to get the same song twice in a row, or even three times in a row, but it seems to happen more than I'd expect with such a large playlist. I'm going to collect some statistics about the songs that are selected and see what I get.

This is something that has plagued winamp for awhile, and it's time for it to get fixed. Even if it turns out to be perfectly random, thats not what customers want, especially not when its labeled shuffle.
medlefsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 20:17   #24
SisXtian

I found a plugin on the web that might help with some missing features of the current Winamp shuffle. It's called RoboDJ. I'm about to try it out. I tried doing a search on the Winamp site for it, but the plugin search hasn't worked for me for a while now. You can find this plugin at http://www.robodj.org/. I hope this helps some people. Let me know if anyone has found any other workarounds.
Old 18th December 2004, 00:14   #25
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

It is an annoyance but it's the nature of the thing so what can you do. There are a bunch of different workarounds I've tried over the years --Wincue, LongPlayer, and ways described above. What I do currently is this. Using Shane H's ActiveWinamp scripting plugin, run the attached script. As it is now it will enqueue 100 random songs from the media library with a playcount of zero. You can open the script in notepad to change the number of songs and the playcount issempty to playcount <= 1 or !(lastplay >= [7 days ago]) or whatever you like. I nuked my library about 2 months ago so playcount issempty works for me. Just copy the script into the \scripts folder that ActiveWinamp creates in \plugins when Winamp is closed. If you open any of the scripts that come bundled with ActiveWinamp in notepad you'll see how you can change them to get what you want, that's all I did to get the attached one.

Now that it's typed out it seems a lot more elaborate that it is, but since it's random you'll also need to remove duplicate entries from playlist. You can set hotkeys to run the script and remove duplicates. The playlist editor doesn't even have to be visible.

/edit hmm, going to check out RoboDJ
Attached Files
File Type: zip playlist_100 random_issempty.zip (535 Bytes, 368 views)
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2004, 18:06   #26
SisXtian

Well, I've been running RoboDJ for a few days now. I have to say, within an hour of running it, I was hearing songs in my 1000+ long playlist that I had NEVER heard with the regular Winamp shuffle. This seems to have been a relatively simple fix to a major Winamp problem. The plugin is still a bit buggy and needs a bit better interface, but it is 100x better than Winamp's standard Shuffle.
Old 22nd December 2004, 17:56   #27
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

If RoboDJ is buggy & ugly like you say then I'll stick with the script. It works for me & it's nearly invisible. Btw, disregard what I said in the above post about removing duplicates--that's only if you run the script multiple times.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 18:49   #28
fabiospark

I tried to gwt to robodj.org but I am redirected to this "pronos domains" or something like that.
Does anybody knows if and where I can get that Robodj winamp plugin to try?
Thanks.
fabiospark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 07:44   #29
Crazy_Joe321

well i have a slightly different problem. my normal playlist jumps between tracks without me wanting it to, its not progressing thru them all like a missing file, it just jumps between tracks at random. there is nothing enqued in the other program, but i just want it to play normally! how can i get it to do this?

this has only just happened too, was working fine till today!
Crazy_Joe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2005, 17:28   #30
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Are you certain that it is not something as simple as mistakingly having "Shuffle" toggled on? Because that is what you are describing, especially since you said that this just happened.

Check to be sure...

Winamp Classic skin > Shuffle button
Looks like this when Shuffle is on >
Looks like this when Shuffle is off >

Winamp Modern skin > Shuffle button
Looks like this when Shuffle is on >
Looks like this when Shuffle is off >
Old 12th February 2005, 08:08   #31
TakuSkan

Having read through this thread, I didn't find any complaints like the one I have with the various methods of randomizing a playlist.

If I load 5-10 groups of MP3s/albums and randomize Winamp's playlist either using the common method, 'Misc > Sort List > Randomize list', or by the JTFE method outlined in posts above, I still get long groups of MP3s from the same artist/album cueued together. I have to go in and manually sort the tracks so I don't get 3-4 tracks queued from the same album.

I would think that'd be an easy issue to fix by re-writing some program code somewhere. The new code just needs to keep track of the last MP3 cueued from each artist\album, and just skip on to the next randomly chosen MP3s from the playlist if it finds the next file it looks at is from the same artist\album. It could log the files not cueued as it goes, and then insert them after a set number of files have been added to the randomized list. Depending on how good such a randomizer may be, it might be nice to be able to set that number in the settings somewhere.
TakuSkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2005, 09:21   #32
fabiospark

Unfortunately, it seems that RoboDJ development stopped when there still was Winamp 2.
It did what you want, even if in a quite (for me) complicated manner.
It would really nice if some of our coding gods would think to write a "weighted playlist builder". I only hope he will make the weight setting clearer than that of RDJ.
The goal would be being able to assign a playing ratings to each occurrence in each field. I.e:
- out of a total of 60 (I say 60 because you can divide it by 1,2,3,4,5,6,10 but you can think of any other base number), that artist should play 5 times, that other artist 3 times, etc;
- the same with genre;
- how many tracks from each album - not less than x or not more than y
- with playcount less than or more than
- with lenght less than or more than
- the total playlist time must not exceed a chosen lenght (even for CD burning)
- with that word in the title (or artist, or genre or..)
- how many tracks must play before letting repeat the artist, or the album, or the playcount

It would also be nice if the ML artist and genre fields could accept multiple instances separated by a chosen character (better if it's ";") with the ability to show that track undert the single genres or artists. Of course, then we would be able to choose a track specifying more than one instance of that field

Sorry, I know I'm probably a bit exagerated & complicated too.... but I've been dreaming for such a thing for 15 years, since I got that old JVC hardware CD jukebox with 300 CD and its three huge black boxes..

Sorry also for keep talking about that RoboDJ plugin but I think it was quite close so....

Thanks for you time.
fabiospark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2005, 09:47   #33
DrO

TakuSkan: just reading through what you said and the randomiser as a true randomiser goes is working correctly at least in the jtfe method. i will only say this once and then i hope to not be bugged over it but i will at some stage look at providing some custom options for the jtfe randomiser to add some control to it to not allow same tracks from a given album to be enqueued next/near to each other, etc (though if you've a small queue of almost the same artist/album then it'll not work well like that anyway ) depending on how/when it's done will decide on how much it'll support. now i'm off to enjoy some socialising and we'll see what comes in the next few months or so (remember no pestering please since it distracts from dev time etc )

-daz
Old 12th February 2005, 11:16   #34
Crazy_Joe321

aaahhhhh cheers Nunzio, upon looking hard at my interface i did indeed find the cursed SHUFFLE button. i didnt even see it there!!! if i had known it was a button that might have saved all this flipping around!!! oh well, thems the joys of computing eh? thanx again and i will depart the forums, with my issue being so easy solved and my head hung in shame for wasting such valuable time!
Crazy_Joe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 08:50   #35
TakuSkan

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
...but i will at some stage look at providing some custom options for the jtfe randomiser to add some control to it to not allow same tracks from a given album to be enqueued next/near to each other...
That'd be a huge plus for the way I like to mix up tracks.... Thanks.

Quote:
...though if you've a small queue of almost the same artist/album then it'll not work well like that anyway...
Yeah... 5-6 albums is about the minimum I like to mix up. But doing that I never get complete separation of tracks from the same album using any method of 'scrambling' tracks with Winamp. Though if I randomize a playlist of my entire library of 300+ albums 15-20 times, and then set Winamp to 'Shuffle' on top of that, the resulting shuffle/randomizing combination of scrambling things is always terrific.

Still, I'd really like the ability to randomize a more limited number of albums with a similar mood and quality that combine nicely. Will be looking forward to see what you come up with.
TakuSkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 08:05   #36
biggman15

Quote:
Hey, Qaxar, howz it been going with you? Long time no see!
Okay, this is the procedure I use in Winamp 5.05 (I have JTFE v0.96ca installed, which fixes this issue)...

1. Load a playlist into Winamp, either with the right-click Play > File method, or from a saved/imported playlist in the Media Library

2. Press "J" for JTFE. Right-click on the "Search Mode (No files are currently enqueued)" button. Select "View Options".

3. That will bring up Preferences > General Prefs > Jump to File > Enqueue List tab

4. Right-click anywhere within the "Enqueue List Management" box. Select "Load playlist into queue". Just make certain that it is the exact playlist/file/location that you first loaded in step 1 above.

5. Once the files are loaded, right-click anywhere.........
I have Tried this Several times... And when I get to Load Playlist into Queue, It Never Loads... It Just sits there and ignores me... The CPU doesn't act up... I would prefer not to install Extra plugins and I have this plugin I was hoping it was something i could fix... I have a copy of RoboDj but i don't want to install it... Anyway Is the fact that I have roughly 2680 something songs the reason it wont load... Or is there some other way to fix it...

biggman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 08:31   #37
siebe83
Forum King

Try loading the current search into queue instead:

1. Press J.
2. Right-click any file > Enqueue Options > Add current search into queue
3. Then switch to Manage Mode by clicking the big button.
4. Right-click any file > Randomise queue

Or does that method have any disadvantage I'm not aware of?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 08:37   #38
biggman15

that seems to have done the trick... It's loading... Wow that woke up My processor.... 100% Cpu usage... Alright... Now we shal give this a try.... thanx....

Old 24th April 2005, 08:39   #39
biggman15

I hope this doesn't have to load every time I restart winamp...

Edit Almost 10 Minutes and it's only covered half...
maybe an 800Mhz just doesn't cover it anymore...

Old 24th April 2005, 09:00   #40
siebe83
Forum King

Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Jump to File > 'Restore the enqueue list when Winamp starts up'

Though that option doesn't seem to work for me
(I expected it to restore the queue as before exiting?)

I can't get the method explained by Nunzio to work either...
I loaded a playlist in Winamp, and tried to load the same .m3u file into queue > nothing... (I followed the exact steps as explained by Nunzio, DrO and DJ Egg)

Yeah it takes a lot of time to load all playlist items into queue due to the fact JTFE has to read all files again, which is probably one of the disadvantages of that method, dunno.

(I must be missing something somewhere...)

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support