Old 24th April 2005, 08:03   #41
biggman15

I really don't think this will work... Waiting 20 minutes...
Not good for Clunker PC... I'm trying RoboDj...

biggman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 08:15   #42
biggman15

Nevermind RoboDj is too complicated and slow... Looking for new alternative... thanks anyway though....

Old 24th April 2005, 10:41   #43
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....51#post1544051 for the 'Restore the enqueue list when Winamp starts up' fix

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 11:03   #44
siebe83
Forum King

Thanks

biggman15, that build works fine. Ok, it'll take some time to enqueue all playlist items, but you don't have to do it every time you start Winamp.

I also got the 'Load playlist into queue' method to work.
Try to save your playlist from the playlist editor first (List (Opts) > Save playlist) and then load that one.
It seems that playlists written in other formats don't load properly... I haven't figured out exactly when it does and when it doesn't (at least it doesn't work with DL v1.01 playlists).
DrO, are you aware of that problem or do you need more info on that?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2005, 18:03   #45
DrO

siebe: can you send me one of the playlist that don't work for you (and if need be where it was originally stored)

-daz
Old 24th April 2005, 20:19   #46
siebe83
Forum King

Sig better now (Before, the DL link linked to Jonas' site, now the Joonas link does )

-----

Still a bit confused about it myself, will send some examples later tonight (could just be due to the way DL stores playlists, but they play fine in Winamp...).

Old 24th April 2005, 20:42   #47
biggman15

I'm still getting nowhere....

Old 24th April 2005, 21:00   #48
siebe83
Forum King

Does it work when you save the playlist to C:\? (or whatever drive your files are on)

I.e. in the playlist editor just save the playlist directly in C:\, and then try the 'Load playlist into queue' method again with that playlist.

(I think the issue is with the path handling of playlists, would be nice if you could confirm that by trying the above...)

Old 24th April 2005, 21:20   #49
biggman15

Yes Thank you... That did the trick...

Old 25th April 2005, 00:32   #50
biggman15

i have one last question...
Is there any way to save the current Queue List???
That way I I wouldn't hear the same song Between sessions...
As it is, currently i have to hit Randomize everytime I turn winamp on...

Old 25th April 2005, 00:41   #51
DrO

yes, you should be able to right click on the queue on the jtf dialog and also the manage page (when there is a queue) and the option to save should be in there

and with the issue, i forgot that jtfe only correctly handles full file paths and not relative ones

-daz
Old 25th April 2005, 00:50   #52
biggman15

I find a save current search and save current Queue...
I would think that save current Queue is the right choice to save the randomization but I'm not certain... Would that be right... If so thank you for all the help... And for once I'm hearing songs I forgot I had... Thank you...

Old 25th April 2005, 01:01   #53
DrO

save current queue is the one

-daz
Old 25th April 2005, 01:12   #54
biggman15

Hmm.... Doesn't work... Tried it... All it does is make a playlist that points to my Playlist and nothing is randomized... I don't know maybe something is set up wrong I'll keep tinkering with it...

Old 25th April 2005, 01:40   #55
biggman15

I think I know what my problem is... But I have no Idea how to fix it... Winamp won't save any JTFE settings...I can turn every setting on or off and it will all return to it's current settings.... Even when i reset the computer...

Old 25th April 2005, 02:27   #56
bombadil78

hey

i have used with good luck a plugin call "amp randomizer" which i thought worked very well, it kept everything in abc order, and didn't play the same song twice.

anyone else used this plugin? it seems a lot easier than the methods mentioned above. With amp randomizer you just need to use the same playlist every time and thats that...

i have the plugin titled 'ampr' i've searched for it on this site, and on the net and can't find it...if you would like i will post it here
bombadil78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2005, 04:40   #57
biggman15

That would be cool... I've been looking for that one myself... There supposedly a new version but the download is down... That would be great if you still have the installer... But I still want to figure out why I can save the changes to JTF...

Old 25th April 2005, 08:43   #58
siebe83
Forum King

So you're saying only JTFE settings are not saved? Or do other Winamp settings not save properly as well?

See here for possible causes:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....51#post1640151

[edit]
If that doesn't help you, maybe it's better to start a new thread about it answering the questions in that post.

Old 25th April 2005, 08:52   #59
biggman15

Every thing on that list is clean except for one.... I really don't want it to be that one...

Anyway... Everything saves fine except JTFE... According to the list you mention... Buggy Plugins... I have one Slightly buggy plugin that I love... It's called winamp Pilot... A little slideout control panel for Winamp, It hides off of the screen until you move your mouse near it... I like that thing... I'll get rid of it, i guess... If that doesn't fix It I'll start a new thread...

Old 25th April 2005, 08:59   #60
biggman15

Awww... It was my favorite plugin.... Your good at this... Now everything works just like it should... Awww.... I like that remote....

Old 25th April 2005, 09:55   #61
siebe83
Forum King

That sucks... Maybe you could contact the plugin developer to see if he's willing to update...

(I don't know the plugin, but if you're using the modern skin, maybe it works better when you switch to classic...)

-----------

@DrO, you did get my mail, right? (just to be sure )
It's not all relative paths that won't work; only paths beginning with \

Old 25th April 2005, 12:06   #62
DrO

biggman15: if you've deleted the plugin, try re-installing it now since it may be work that it will be loaded after jtfe due to the way in which the OS provides the list of found files in the plugins folder. it's a possible fix but isn't guaranteed to work.

siebe: got the mail and i'll have a look over things as time allows (i'll probably work on fixing the handling in explorerpl first since it currently uses the same code as jtfe). once i've had a look through i'll mail you back about anything that i can think of

-daz
Old 25th April 2005, 15:37   #63
bombadil78

here ya go, simple to install and use...be sure to gointo "pref" and enable the plugin it will be in 'output'
then save a playlist and your ready to go
Attached Files
File Type: zip ampr.zip (45.3 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by bombadil78; 25th April 2005 at 16:41.
bombadil78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2005, 19:22   #64
biggman15

No reinstalling it doesn't help... It's an old plugin... If it was ever on this site it's not now... Either way it was finished along time ago... And the developer sort of gave up on it... He had everything the way he wanted it but one Glitch that he could not fix... which leads me to believe that he would have to start from scratch...

Old 26th April 2005, 07:51   #65
TakuSkan

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i will only say this once and then i hope to not be bugged over it but i will at some stage look at providing some custom options for the jtfe randomiser to add some control to it to not allow same tracks from a given album to be enqueued next/near to each other, etc
I wrote DrO about this a few weeks back, and haven't gotten anything back from him. I wonder if he's got an update that will provide a bit better randomizing now. That post of his (above) was way back in January.

TS
TakuSkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 08:07   #66
DrO

i've not done anything so far since my mainblock of work has been on catching up on other projects. i've set myself ~3 months to get a new fully working jtfe fixed and working so i will see what i can do in that time (though i do intend to at least improve the current implementation to possibly turn the load playlist into queue and then randomise into one single menu/key operation)

-daz
Old 26th April 2005, 17:32   #67
SkylineTTurbo

Send a message via AIM to SkylineTTurbo Send a message via Yahoo to SkylineTTurbo
I hope that THIS isn't off topic... new to the forums.. read the rules and all... hope I'm not double posting... but... is there a plugin for me to be able to download winamp skins like I can in IE where they'll atomatically load up to Winamp once they finish download... I'm pretty sure I looked through everything in this forum and didn't see anything on it... first forum I saw and didn't find a search button/page for the forums either.... so any clues?
SkylineTTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 20:08   #68
Ophenix

Hi, there

As some of you might have noticed i have updated Ampr, and yes the link finally works in the plugin section.
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144855

This time it's entirely written in delphi, so you should get better performance. I have tested it on my machine with win2k and winXP and it works fine, but i'm still testing it and improve it. So if you find a bug or have a succession to improve it, please contact me.
Ophenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2005, 21:19   #69
TakuSkan

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i've set myself ~3 months to get a new fully working jtfe fixed and working so i will see what i can do in that time (though i do intend to at least improve the current implementation to possibly turn the load playlist into queue and then randomise into one single menu/key operation)
Hey daz... Could you provide a URL to where this plugin can be downloaded? And... will the URL remain the same for future updates?

TS
Old 26th April 2005, 21:56   #70
DrO

any new builds of plugins are listed on my releases page (since i name each installer based on the plugin's name and version so if need be old versions can be tracked back to more easily)

-daz
Old 27th April 2005, 01:53   #71
TakuSkan

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
any new builds of plugins are listed on my releases page
Ah... so: http://daz.ne1.net/ > Playlist Loader

Or just click the Playlist Loader v0.9.7.8 link in your signature to download.... eh?

Is that the right file?

TS
Old 27th April 2005, 02:41   #72
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Wait a minute...

I thought you wanted JTFE, not the Playlist Loader plugin, based on what you said above...
Quote:
Originally posted by TakuSkan
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i've set myself ~3 months to get a new fully working jtfe fixed and working so i will see what i can do in that time (though i do intend to at least improve the current implementation to possibly turn the load playlist into queue and then randomise into one single menu/key operation)
Hey daz... Could you provide a URL to where this plugin can be downloaded? And... will the URL remain the same for future updates?

TS
So it's JTFE and not Playlist Loader.. right? The Playlist Loader plugin is for something else (loads different proprietarily-formatted playlists into Winamp). Discussion here.

So, bookmark either one of these 2 links for DrO's Releases Page...
http://daz.ne1.net/releases.html
http://nunzioweb.com/daz/releases.html

Either of the above will work.

This is the direct link to the latest release (16/11/2004) of the JTFE plugin on the Releases page...
http://nunzioweb.com/daz/releases.html#16/11/2004

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2005, 20:00   #73
TakuSkan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
Wait a minute... I thought you wanted JTFE, not the Playlist Loader plugin, based on what you said above...
Oops... my bad... Yes, JTFE. It's been so long since I've looked into this again that my memory got fuzzy (easily accomplished)

Quote:
So, bookmark either one of these 2 links for DrO's Releases Page...
http://daz.ne1.net/releases.html
http://nunzioweb.com/daz/releases.html
Ahhh... There's "Releases" daz was referring to right on the top of his main URL!:

http://daz.ne1.net > Releases

I'll bookmark those URLs.

Thanks Nunzio.
Old 27th April 2005, 21:30   #74
SkylineTTurbo

Send a message via AIM to SkylineTTurbo Send a message via Yahoo to SkylineTTurbo
I was just wondering... and I know the rules... and I was trying to be patient but, I was wondering if someone was going to get to my post? I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I was just wondering if anyone even noticed it, cause it seems like everyone has just ignored it... It's been 6 posts later and no one has seemed to answer :-/... let me restate my question... I am having trouble with Mozilla Firefox and downloading Winamp Skins... it won't sync up directly with each download and automatically load it into winamp when it's finished... I hope that makes sense... thanks and I hope you can answer my question soon...
Old 27th April 2005, 21:48   #75
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

@ TakuSkan...

Yer welcome

@ SkylineTTurbo...

Firefox shouldn't have that problem UNLESS...
When was the last time you cleared the Firefox cache?

Clearing Cache on Mozilla Firefox 1.x

After you clear the cache, shut down and then reopen Firefox. There should no longer be any problem with skin (or any other) downloads in Firefox. If there is, you can post back but you really should have started a new thread on this, since it's not related to the current Shuffle Play Bug / JTFE thread. You may have been "ignored" because you posted this question in an unrelated thread.

Using the crappy IE browser with WinXP and SP2 has MAJOR download probs, but with Firefox it's probably just a simple matter of clearing the cache. In any event, still read through this post, where JonnyMac covers just about every download problem issue with both Classic and Modern skins.
Old 27th April 2005, 22:10   #76
SkylineTTurbo

Nunzio... first off thank you sooo much for answering my question... I'm a PC geek so I know my way around stuff pretty well, I just started using firefox so I don't really know why I'd have to clear my cache but I will take your suggestion and use it... secondly... sorry about posting here I know the rules of forums and I would have done otherwise but I didn't have posting rights when I first got access and I was browsing this topic (for a similar issue) and I thought wth I'll try and post here just for the hell of it... thirdly thanks again!
Old 27th April 2005, 22:12   #77
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Okay. No problem
Let me know how it goes.
Old 28th April 2005, 02:12   #78
SkylineTTurbo

it went great Nunzio... thanks again... had already downloaded my new skins for the month but I tested it out and it works wonderfully.. thanks again!
Old 28th April 2005, 06:25   #79
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Yer welcome
Happy Winamping
Happy Firefoxing
Old 21st October 2005, 05:46   #80
TakuSkan

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO i've set myself ~3 months to get a new fully working jtfe fixed and working so i will see what i can do in that time
Hmmm... dated 04-26-2005 from this post in this thread... and the beginnings of my hopes for a good randomizer in JTFE was from DrO's reply to my post 02-12-2005.

My how the time flies I'm still constantly wishing for some way to better randomize playback in Winamp. Something where I don't get a string of tunes played by the same artist, even when there are a half dozen other artist tracks in my playlist after I run MISC > SORT LIST > RANDOMIZE LIST a few dozen times...

TS
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support