Old 21st May 2017, 00:13   #1
Traskus

First letter "jump to" shortcut not working?

For some reason or another, the shortcut that I use the most in Winamp has completely stopped working. Basically, by typing a letter or series of letters into the media library, it will jump to the first song that meets the criteria entered. Just to clarify, this does not involve the actual search box.

As an example, let's say that I have five songs that begin with the letter A:

1. Access
2. Adventure
3. Aftermath
4. Aliens
5. Amnesia

Typing "A" will jump to "Access", because it's the first track in the library that begins with A. Typing "Ad" will jump to "Adventure", typing "After" will jump to "Aftermath", and so forth.

However, this shortcut has inexplicably stopped working. I have no idea what happened, and I have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone help me out with this?
Traskus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 21:11   #2
Traskus

Update: the issue has gotten even worse. Not only is the shortcut still broken, but now every single letter key does the exact same thing. From A through Z, pressing any of the letter keys simply moves down to the next song in my library. It doesn't even play the song - it just highlights.

I'm at my wit's end here. As far as I can tell, no one else in the entire goddamn world has this problem. Google brings up absolutely nothing, nor does searching around in these forums. Please, someone help me out here!
Traskus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support