Old 27th June 2017, 15:52   #1
crookers

Winamp/Shout cast only works on local network

I've installed latest Shoutcast server, Winamp with SC source DSP on my Windows 10 PC yesterday. I have successfully linked it to shoutcast.com (except the listen.shoutcast.com/name gives error 500). Streams ok on various devices connected to my local network using shoutcast search page.

However when I try to connect to listen from the internet (outside my local network) it disconnects immediately (see log extract below) & then after about 20secs displays "Unable to play the radio stream". Example below from Android tablet copied from server log on PC:

2017-06-27 10:59:19 INFO [DST x.x.x.x:56544 (xff) sid=1] HTTP client connection accepted. User-Agent: `Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; SM-T560 Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.83 Safari/537.36', UID: 35, GRID: 35

2017-06-27 10:59:20 INFO [DST x.x.x.x:56544 (xff) sid=1] HTTP client connection closed (1 seconds) [Bytes: 69799] Agent: `Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; SM-T560 Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.83 Safari/537.36', UID: 35, GRID: 35

I've checked the firewall and ports 8000 & 8001 are open for TCP/UDP so can't see why its not working. Any ideas please?
Peter
crookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 14:26   #2
crookers

Sorted this one myself it was a BT Hub firewall issue.
Old 23rd August 2017, 09:16   #3
crookers

I was wrong thinking this was fixed. We tested from another country access directly to my Shoutcast server at http://109.153.135.145:8000 which worked fine. However on searching for it on the Shoutcast web site http://www.shoutcast.com/Search?query=MarsProductions it fails to play.
Old 27th August 2017, 13:21   #4
crookers

Its a ShoutCast web site bug

I think I have got to the bottom of this problem & think its a bug.
The shoutcast web site is not updating the IP address for my server.
My BT Hub rebooted and I got a new IP address. On restarting the sc_serv.exe I assumed it would tell the shoutcast web site of the IP address change but if you look at the HTML source sent with a search page the IP address is still the old one. I've tried deleting cache etc at my end but no success. So I can only assume its been stored incorrectly with Shoutcast search database and not updated.
Interestingly it works occasionally without me doing anything so maybe flipping between an out of date IP address and the current one (perhaps due to load sharing on the Shoutcast web servers).
I set up another stream which registed ok with my current IP address and that works fine.
Old 29th August 2017, 09:04   #5
crookers

A bug in the Shoutcast web site

This is definitely a bug.
Yesterday it started working (clicking on play within search) then today it stopped.
On running debugging (monitoring web site traffic) I get
http://www.shoutcast.com/Player/GetStreamUrl
with response: "http://109.158.119.210:8000/;?icy=http"
THIS IS A PREVIOUS IP ADDRESS !
So it definitely is a web site bug where old / out of date URLs are sent for a time then it corrects itself.
I have seen this sort of thing happening before with load balancing server farms where one of the servers has cached some old data which has since changed.
I bet if I leave it a day or so without changing anything it will "mysteriously" start working again (when I happen to pick up a different server).
Old 21st September 2017, 10:28   #6
crookers

When will this bug be fixed

My hub rebooted today & got another IP address. The Shoutcast web site still reports an IP which I had several weeks ago.
This system simply doesn't work for dynamic IP addresses (which most people have with their service provider).
Old 21st September 2017, 18:19   #7
musicf8

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
you shouldn't be using a dynamic ip with a service like shoutcast. You might want to look into a service to give yourself a consistent address like no-ip

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 9/14/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support