Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Old 25th February 2007, 17:46   #1
emilles

Request for info: trial-basis/registration/serial number library

I am looking to release a version of my output plug-in that has a trial period and requires payment/registration to enable fully after the trial has ended. Does anyone have experiance with or know of a good serial number/registration library? Preferably one that is free/inexpensive, has a very simple C interface and can be statically linked.

Remote Speakers Output Plug-In
Stream audio from Nullsoft Winamp to the Apple AirPort Express (aka AirTunes)
emilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 12:11   #2
DrO

sorry, no idea on this area of things since it's never really come up before. other than some web searches, it may be an idea to have a look at what some of the other commercial type plugins use. other than that i can't think of anything else since commercial plugin developers just never make themselves known round here, heh

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 06:36   #3
Paparazzi

Re: Request for info: trial-basis/registration/serial number library

Quote:
Originally posted by emilles
Does anyone have experiance with or know of a good serial number/registration library? Preferably one that is free/inexpensive, has a very simple C interface and can be statically linked.
Isn't it kind of contradictory .. that you are looking for something free so that you could make something that enforces payment ... and that can be used in WA which is again free?
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 12:14   #4
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Put a secret key in your code, and encrypt the registration name with some small encryption algorithm to get the registration code.

You don't need AES or anything heavy, the Tiny Encryption Algorithm would be enough.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 20:24   #5
emilles

Quote:
Originally posted by Paparazzi
Isn't it kind of contradictory .. that you are looking for something free so that you could make something that enforces payment ... and that can be used in WA which is again free?
I'd prefer something that is free or inexpensive. But that is not an absolute requirement.

Not all versions of Winamp are free. There is a basic free version and more feature rich version(s) which require payment. That is the same idea I am going for. Version 1.x of my plug-in is basic but functional. I am working on much more advanced features now and would like to generate a little reimbursement for my effort.

Quote:
Originally posted by will
Put a secret key in your code, and encrypt the registration name with some small encryption algorithm to get the registration code.

You don't need AES or anything heavy, the Tiny Encryption Algorithm would be enough.
I'm not looking for an algorithm to implement a registration system--I am looking for a package that has put it all together already so that I can simply link it in and make just a few calls to get the required behavior.

Remote Speakers Output Plug-In
Stream audio from Nullsoft Winamp to the Apple AirPort Express (aka AirTunes)
emilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development