Old 21st August 2012, 09:28   #1
ZenSojourner

Get rid of "now playing" popup

Very annoying. How do I get rid of it?
ZenSojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 10:30   #2
DrO

as you've not said what skin you're using, i'll have to assume you're using a Bento based skin. if so then go to the top and open Options -> Notifications -> check 'Never show'. if that's not it then you need to provide information about the skin you're actually using.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 14:15   #3
ZenSojourner

Whatever the default is.
Old 21st August 2012, 14:20   #4
DrO

if it's dark and looks a bit like iTunes then it's a Bento based skin. you'll know if you have a few small text menu items running along the top of the window (like it shows on the main site page).

-daz
Old 21st August 2012, 15:06   #5
ZenSojourner

Well the popups gone at any rate. Any idea how to get rid of the thing that shows the album information? I like my media player to have the smallest possible footprint and the current version of Winamp is not letting me make the player smaller with the drag arrow. Maybe getting rid of that will let me make it smaller?

I'm sorry I let it upgrade at this point. It took FOREVER to create a play list - and I'm pretty sure the last version was letting me use the playlist from VLC player, this one won't.
Old 21st August 2012, 15:24   #6
DrO

you can always change to a different skin which better fits your needs than just using the default one. as i think the part of the skin you're referring to cannot be made any smaller / removed as it's hard coded into the interface to be that size (unless you manually edit the skin files which i don't think is appropriate in this case).

i don't know what playlist creation issue you're having as nothing has changed in the way playlists are created with Winamp in years and loading of other playlists should not have changed either.

what format is the playlist from VLC you've created that you're trying to load? how _exactly_ are you trying to load them i.e. drag and drop or via one of the menus (and if so which) ?

as there should be no issues with Winamp reading m3u and m3u8 playlists as VLC (at least 2.0.3) is able to create.

-daz
Old 21st August 2012, 16:05   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSojourner View Post
Well the popups gone at any rate. Any idea how to get rid of the thing that shows the album information? I like my media player to have the smallest possible footprint and the current version of Winamp is not letting me make the player smaller with the drag arrow. Maybe getting rid of that will let me make it smaller?

I'm sorry I let it upgrade at this point. It took FOREVER to create a play list - and I'm pretty sure the last version was letting me use the playlist from VLC player, this one won't.
windowshade mode?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 01:52   #8
ZenSojourner

I give up. How do I back this out and go back to the previous version? It's not working AT ALL now. I can't even open the program.
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:50   #9
DrO

by running the older installer (though what version you were using no ones as it's never been stated). but there should be no reason for it not to be loading unless you've got dodgy / old / broken 3rd party plug-ins installed or there's something specific about your machine and how it works with Winamp (generally from other software on the machine) that is causing issues.

other than trying http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....=1212729#clean (note you need to backup any data as appropriate), since you've not provided any of the information which is meant to be provided when posting about an issue, anyone reading this thread is going to be in the dark.

and have you checked to make sure that there aren't any winamp.exe instances shown as still running in Task Manager as that might be the reason for it not allowing it to run.

either way, if you go back to an older version then from a help aspect there is not much else which can be done as we can only provide support for the currently released (v5.63 at the time of reply) version.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support