• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Koopa
    16-Bit Moderator
    • Apr 2004

That's working just fine now.

Will update Backup Tool for your updated settings file.

Cheers,
    Chris
    My Winamp Info Report | My Winamp Backup Log | My WACUP Info Report

Own Projects: | Winamp Tray Control Icon Pack v3.5.3 | Winamp Backup Tool v3.6.0 | >> Winamp Info Tool v6.1.0 << |
    German Translations: | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei v5.66 | Offizielle Deutsche Winamp Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666
    Useful Winamp Plug-ins: | SNESAmp | 64th Note | NotSo FatSo | Highly Experimental PSF Player | Yar Matey! Playlist Copier v1.12 |

Comment

• kerimcem
      • Jan 2010

ffmpeg-latest-win32-shared.7z 26-Apr-2012 02:43 5.7M
      library mp3 problem....

song play not seek
      thanks..

Comment

• pbelkner
        • Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
        That's working just fine now.

Will update Backup Tool for your updated settings file.

Cheers,
        Chris
        Thanks a lot
        Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas

Comment

• pbelkner
          • Jun 2010

Originally Posted by kerimcem View Post
          ffmpeg-latest-win32-shared.7z 26-Apr-2012 02:43 5.7M
          library mp3 problem....

song play not seek
          thanks..
          I can confirm that this particular build (ffmpeg-20120426-git-a4b58fd-win32-shared.7z) from Zeranoe (it's not me) is somehow broken.

On the other hand I've created my own extended build (including MP3) from a fresh GIT checkout this morning (29.04) and it seems to work perfect.

I've send you a respective PM.

Comment

• pbelkner
            • Jun 2010

Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
            i'm sorry, i was unclear. i am not yet using your plugin.

what i was asking, was in response to an earlier post in the thread. someone seemed to suggest that if a person has flacs or mp3s or whatever, ripped from cds, that then have a 44.1khz spec, that the audigy would take those files, and on playback, upsample them to 48khz, and that this was something the card forced on everyone, like it or not.

is that true? b/c i don't like it if so.
            As I've learned from some discussions over there at HA forum (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/) this is true for EACH descent DAC. It is not evil but it is GOOD because it helps the DAC in reconstructing the original analogue signal out of the digital, i.e. it helps the DAC in smoothing the "digital stair case".

and does your plugin get around that? or does it also go to 48khz, but this was desired b/c the plugin did so better than the hardware on the card?
            Probably each re-sampling algorithm colors the sound in one or the other way. Some may sound more smooth others a bit harsh. If you don't like the sound of you're DAC's build-in re-sampler you may try SoX.

as i said, i have a card like that, (i think), and my "best case scenario" would be for both the card and any software combo to just playback the file native to whatever the file says the specs are... is this possible?

(i am somewhat out of my depth here, so forgive me if this sounds like idiotic rambling, i'm just trying to understand)
            As already stated it is up-sampled anyway. The only question is whether up-sampling happens at your PC or at you're DAC.

Comment

• pbelkner
              • Jun 2010

The Winamp installer destroys this plugin's DLLs

PLEASE NOTE: The Winamp installer destroys this plugin's DLLs! After having (re-)installed Winamp you have to re-install this plugin (including all DLLs from the "in_ffsox" sub-folder) to have working DLLs again!

For details please refer to this message.

Comment

• pbelkner
                • Jun 2010

Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
                PLEASE NOTE: The Winamp installer destroys this plugin's DLLs! After having (re-)installed Winamp you have to re-install this plugin (including all DLLs from the "in_ffsox" sub-folder) to have working DLLs again!

For details please refer to this message.
                DJ Egg just announced that the issue is resolved with the next WA release:
                Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
                Done

in_ffsox.dll and the Plugins\in_ffsox folder will not be touched by the BindImageEx Optimizer as from the next release onwards :-)

I just need to know the filenames of any other incompatible plugins now....

Comment

• Stone Free
                  • Feb 2001

Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
                  I can confirm that this particular build (ffmpeg-20120426-git-a4b58fd-win32-shared.7z) from Zeranoe (it's not me) is somehow broken.

On the other hand I've created my own extended build (including MP3) from a fresh GIT checkout this morning (29.04) and it seems to work perfect.

I've send you a respective PM.
                  Hi could you do the same for me. It works on a small subset of files but others just don't play, the ones that don't play appear as if the file has been deleted, i.e it shows at the top but there is no information about the file. The same thing happens when the file behind the playlist is deleted.

Comment

• Stone Free
                    • Feb 2001

Scrap that it seems to be working all of a sudden. However could you make the next version not ignore Foobars replay gain tagging of m4a files as with your plugin all the replaygain info is not showing.

Also in the plugin section how do you activate the dropdowns for AC3/MP3?
                    Is there any way to configure out_asio to not cause dropouts when the dialog is dismissed. Also when Winamp starts up there is a thump like plugging in your guitar lead whilst the amp is on.

Comment

• Stone Free
                      • Feb 2001

What exactly does the Algorithm choice between ReplayGain and EBU R128, and what is the significance of how the slider is always named the opposite of the choice you select?

Comment

• Stone Free
                        • Feb 2001

I've noticed that your input plugin doesn't see any of my AAC ReplayGain tags.

Comment

• thinktink
                          Forum King
                          • May 2009

Would it be possible to add the transcoding/decoder funtions support to this plugin?

The section in the documentation relating to the decoding functions.
                          winampGetExtendedRead_open
                          winampGetExtendedRead_open_float
                          winampGetExtendedRead_openW
                          winampGetExtendedRead_openW_float
                          winampGetExtendedRead_getData
                          winampGetExtendedRead_setTime
                          winampGetExtendedRead_close
                          | Opus Audio Codec plugins 2.0 | Embedded Album Art | DiskWrite |
                          | Save your playlist first! | Live voice-over | X-Fade 2.5 |
                          | AterKast (Source DSP) | More of my stuff... |

Comment

• pbelkner
                            • Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
                            Hi could you do the same for me.
                            This is not an issue any longer. You should update FFmpeg from Zeranoe's builds: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/shared/.
                            It works on a small subset of files but others just don't play, the ones that don't play appear as if the file has been deleted, i.e it shows at the top but there is no information about the file.
                            You should double check whether you've added the file's extension to the FFSoX configuration (via the option menu).

Please have in mind that FFSoX can only play formats/codecs which are supported by FFmpeg.

Comment

• pbelkner
                              • Jun 2010

However could you make the next version not ignore Foobars replay gain tagging of m4a files as with your plugin all the replaygain info is not showing.
                              Unfortunately I'm not an FB expert. Could you please let me know which tags FB writes?

Also in the plugin section how do you activate the dropdowns for AC3/MP3?
                              These options are not supported any longer. All codecs are taken from FFmpeg. No external library is needed any longer. I should remove the drop down boxes with the next version.

Comment

• pbelkner
                                • Jun 2010

What exactly does the Algorithm choice between ReplayGain and EBU R128, and what is the significance of how the slider is always named the opposite of the choice you select?
                                RG and EBU R128 are two standards addressing loudness normalization, cf. http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index...._specification and http://tech.ebu.ch/loudness, respectively. The assumed difference between the tow's target loudness is about 5 dB. If you switch between the two the slider is updated accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X