Old 21st December 2010, 22:04   #1
eftwyrd

Issues with 'Jump to file' window

Ever since i changed to this latest version 5.601 im having problems with the Jump to list window. Normally you hit "J" key and it pops up, and it used to work allright before; now it doesnt show up properly. I mean, it do shows but i have to MINIMIZE the winamp then maximize again so it appears. that is very annoying. I tried it with all the skins, all of them have this issue. I use windows XP sp3. and a friend of mine who got this same version recently too claims hes having the same problem. he uses windows 7.
eftwyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 22:24   #2
DrO

well that's the first i've heard of something like that happening and from what i can remember the code doing (without physically checking it) i cannot think off anything which would cause it.

however really need to have a plug-ins list -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins and also if you could attach a copy of the [Jump To File Extra] section from your winamp.ini (should be in %appdata%\Winamp when entered into Explorer) may make it easier to work out what is going on.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 13:01   #3
eftwyrd

I am currently using no plugins in the winamp. Its only the raw installed version. Also, i couldnt find that file you mentioned in the place you told me to seek.
Old 23rd December 2010, 13:10   #4
DrO

making the plug-ins list will show the exact path to the winamp.ini file so it still needs to be run as it will help to see what to open if you're not able to find the file.

-daz
Old 24th December 2010, 04:02   #5
eftwyrd

I'm sorry im not getting it right. Im not used to devling so deep into winamp preferences and stuff. so basically, i need to generate a txt with the plugin list, by using the "Go to: Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Plugins > General Purpose > One For Nunz > Config," path as stated in http://nunzioweb.com/images/winamp/one-for-nunz.png Only, there is no "one-for-nunz" there, as seen in my SC:

So, moving on the link with the how-to you gave me i downloaded the standalone and ran it to find this glitch:

What can i do now?

PS: I thank you for helping me out and apologize for lack of knowledge regarding this area.
Old 30th December 2010, 19:09   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eftwyrd View Post
Ever since i changed to this latest version 5.601 im having problems with the Jump to list window. Normally you hit "J" key and it pops up, and it used to work allright before; now it doesnt show up properly. I mean, it do shows but i have to MINIMIZE the winamp then maximize again so it appears. that is very annoying. I tried it with all the skins, all of them have this issue. I use windows XP sp3. and a friend of mine who got this same version recently too claims hes having the same problem. he uses windows 7.
I have some problem with 5.601 and without addons.
003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 19:26   #7
ryerman
Major Dude

To eftwyrd:
Run nunz.exe from anywhere except the Winamp folder. I know the documentation says to place it there, but it only works for me when I execute it from elsewhere. The output files will be created in the Winamp folder.
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 22:11   #8
DrO

eftwyrd: you should be able to just run the normal plug-in version of the One for Nunz tool instead of using the external version (though that issue is normally from not being in the correct Winamp folder). the direct link to the plug-in version of the installer is http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/files/O..._Nunz_v5_1.exe

-daz
Old 4th January 2011, 11:45   #9
Gascavo

I have same issue as described in first post of this thread. I thought JTF not working at all in this version of Winamp until reading that thread and minimize trick, which is not really adds usability.
Here is my winamp.ini
I don't know if that matters, but i didn't installed Media Library and Winamp Agent.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winamp.zip (3.9 KB, 421 views)
Gascavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 06:43   #10
stopasking
Banned

Issues with 'Jump to file' window - Solution

What to do when you press J in Winamp and no Jump To File window pops up until you minimize winamp and restore it again?

I've unchecked the "Skin the window in the current Winamp skin style" and the "Jump To File" dialog now pops up alright.
It's located in Winamp Preferences -> Jump To File -> Display Tab

Of course the Jump To File window is not skinned now, but I was used to it this way and don't really care if it is.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 07:02   #11
DrO

i managed to see this happen once but i've just not got the time to work on trying to fix the plug-in due to work commitments so i don't know what to suggest at the moment (is what you get with a plug-in that is solely developed in freetime that i don't have for my own projects currently - well i do have some freetime but i'd rather spend that with my gf then code plug-ins, heh).

-daz
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:14   #12
Gascavo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopasking View Post
I've unchecked the "Skin the window in the current Winamp skin style" and the "Jump To File" dialog now pops up alright.
Thank you man, that helps
Gascavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 13:43   #13
BenchZowner

Send a message via AIM to BenchZowner
Same here.
Thanks stopasking for the idea, unticking the "skin window" option makes it work just fine.
BenchZowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:37   #14
Brent2121

I'm having this problem now as well. It sucks not having the extended jump options. It seemed to happen around the same time on two machines that I'm running Winamp on.

Not sure if it was when I upgraded winamp or not. I tried going back to older versions but it doesn't fix it. Tried completely uninstalling and cleaning out all winamp related folders and then reinstalling leaving all default install options in place. No dice.
Brent2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:42   #15
DrO

all old versions of the jtfe plug-in are available at http://nunzioweb.com/daz/jtfe_dev.html as i've still not had the time to look into the issue (and currently i've no idea when i'll be able to). assuming unchecking the skinned version of the jtf window doesn't resolve the issue for you.

-daz
Old 11th May 2011, 06:21   #16
eftwyrd

Quote:
What to do when you press J in Winamp and no Jump To File window pops up until you minimize winamp and restore it again?

Of course the Jump To File window is not skinned now, but I was used to it this way and don't really care if it is.
Im really sorry for the really long time replying again to this topic, but at some point i completely forgot it because somehow, the issue simply vanished without me doing anything(other than running a windows cd to restore some system issues. now it seems its back again, but with stopasking tip i managed to get it working fine again(thanks for the tip bro). Also im glad to see i wasnt the only one having this issue, thought i was alone there for a time, but it feels that misfortune is lessened when youre not alone anywise, "schadenfreude" i guess. :]

I would also like to thank DrO for his commitment, though the issue still remains for now, hopefully it'll go away. Been using winamp pretty much since it started to exist(and im an oldschool internet person so...), im glad to see the staff is working diligently to improve it even further on; apart from that i got nothing to complain about the program so far.

once again i apologize for my late reply and reopening of an old topic lol. Peace out folks.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:47   #17
Brent2121

Unchecking the skin checkbox doesn't fix it for me. Switched to mediamonkey for now, so it's not really a big deal.
Old 2nd July 2011, 04:52   #18
Brent2121

I just reinstalled winamp with the sole difference being that I enabled the pmp plugin because I wanted to start managing music on my android phone through winamp. Extended jump to file now works. I'm not positive, but I'd bet that not having the ml_pmp.dll or pmp_*.dll plugins had something to do with the problem.

Regardless of the cause, STOKED to finally have the capability back.
Old 11th July 2011, 02:33   #19
stopasking
Banned

Quote:

That worked for me, too! Thanks.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 06:21   #20
Brent2121

Nevermind. It stopped working again. Winamp has everything I could imagine wanting in an audio player but holy sh*t it's just so f**king buggy sometimes I can't believe I'm still using it.
Old 29th July 2011, 09:01   #21
DrO

i don't know why it stops working for you as i've never been able to replicate a failure and can only guess it's from something else present on your machine be it A/V or customised shells or anything else invasive. i can only apologise that my code is shite and that i should be fired for having created that plug-in... which would be fun as jtfe has never been an officially owned project.

-daz
Old 29th July 2011, 09:53   #22
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i use just a small part of it, but i find that part absolutely essential and not buggy. (context menu enh)

so tell em to F off DrO!

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 13:39   #23
DrO

meh, my :rolleyes; edit on the original post never made it through - was meant in a somewhat sarcastic manner *shrugs*

i'm not going to tell people to do that, i just don't get why for some users despite the workaround for my cockup with the plug-in, why it fails to hook the dialog correctly leading to complaints.

-daz
Old 29th July 2011, 17:53   #24
Brent2121

Look, I realize the code for winamp is incredibly big and complex and for what it is, it works well. It's just frustrating when something that is unavoidable for me on multiple machines (two windows 7 laptops, one xp laptop) can't be reproduced by others. I've tried removing everything remotely related to winamp, doing a fresh install with all default options selected, and still can't get jtfe to work. I think it might have something to do with the nview thing, although I'm not sure that's possible since one of my laptops doesn't have an nvidia GPU.

I guess my frustration is compounded by my experience with the bug that was recently fixed where shuffle wouldn't work on guest accounts. It was ridiculous because I mentioned multiple times that it only happened to me on my guest account and I was fairly certain the problem was related to the limited permissions, and yet it took forever to get someone to actually listen and try the guest account, at which point they could reproduce it. I felt like the interaction went like - Me:"Shuffle problem happens on guest account", Dev:"I can't reproduce it", Me:"Did you try it on the guest account?", Dev:"I can't reproduce it", Me:"Well it only happens for me on the guest account", Dev:"Hey, look at that, I tried the guest account and now it's doing it", Me:*facepalm*.

I also have an issue described here (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=298125) where winamp crashes when any track from a seemingly random folder is played. I figured out that it only happens if the queue contains only tracks from that folder, and if I put a track from a different folder in the queue with the "bad" folder tracks, winamp won't crash.

And then I also have weird issues with the winamp window jumping around when I put it on my second monitor that my laptop is docked to. Very random.

I know that these issues aren't related to the jtfe thing, but I'm just giving some background to illustrate why my tone is inappropriately negative about winamp as a whole when we're only talking about a small problem that only a few people have.
Old 29th July 2011, 17:54   #25
Brent2121

Could it be any of the values in my winamp.ini file? Here it is:

[Jump To File Extra]
shellv2=1
jumpex_onendq=1
jumpex_pos_qmx=275
jumpex_pos_qmy=0
jumpex_pos_qmcx=450
jumpex_pos_qmcy=348
qmw_show=0
qmw_ff_height=348
qmw_ff_width=450
wa_cur_page=1
iconLib=
force_shuffle_off=1
jumpex_dlg_def=1094
jumpex_enq_but=1
jumpex_mac_list=1
jumpex_skin=0
jump_form_str=%S - [%N%M]
jump_form_plstr=[%N]%t
jumpex_text=1
jumpex_page=0
jumpex_multi_ind=
jumpex_autoload=0
jumpex_search_on=0
jumpex_search=
jumpex_restore=1
jumpex_res_pos=-1
jumpex_playdisplay=1
jumpex_playwa3=1
jumpex_plsubmenu=1
jumpex_menutop=1
jumpex_but_one=4919
jumpex_but_two=4920
jumpex_but_thr=4918
jumpex_but_for=2
jumpex_but_one_pos=0
jumpex_but_two_pos=1
jumpex_but_the_pos=2
jumpex_but_for_pos=3
jumpex_but_one_on=1
jumpex_but_two_on=1
jumpex_but_thr_on=1
jumpex_but_for_on=1
jumpex_plm1=0
jumpex_plm2=3
jumpex_plm3=4
jumpex_plm4=5
jumpex_plm5=6
jumpex_plm6=7
jumpex_plm7=9
jumpex_plm8=10
jumpex_plm9=1
jumpex_plm10=8
jumpex_plm11=11
jumpex_plm12=-1
shell_flags=330
jumpex_pl_list=
jumpex_restore_pl=0
jumpex_enter=0
jumpex_dblclk=0
jumpex_onenter=1094
jumpex_ondblclk=1000
jumpex_flipmode=0
jumpex_q_hilite=1
jumpex_resetpl=0
jtfe_time_text=-1
jtfe_span_col_col=-1
jtfe_span_text=-1
jumpex_bckcol=-1
qcolour=67
jtfe_no_winamp_scroll=0
jtfe_mclick=0
jtfe_shell_add_queue=0
jtfe_shell_add_after=0
jtfe_shell_always=0
jtfe_shell_queue_type=0
jtfe_shell_default=0
jtfe_anders=0
jtfe_ml_enhance=0
jtfe_ml_sendto=1
jtfe_ml_sendto_ep=1
jtfe_ml_sendto_q_mode=1
jtfe_ml_favs=0
jtfe_nview=0
jtfe_toggle_wnd=0
jtfe_nosort=0
jtfe_flash_show=1
jtfe_flash_show_inv=0
jumpex_selcount=5
jtfe_rclk_mlquery=0
jtfe_winshadeapi=1
jtfe_queue2ml=0
jtfe_addmlpledit=0
jtfe_search2ml=0
jtfe_view_mem=1
jtfe_show_num=0
jtfe_refresher=1
jtfe_resonqend=0
timer_on=0
timer_len=10
CustomExpand=1
FileExpand=1
excludeslash=0
smfls=0
q_hilite=0
time_text=-1
span_col_col=-1
span_text=-1
bckcol=-1
mfcolour=67
jtfe_qwm=1
jtfe_qwm_ovride=0
jtfe_search_limit=0
jtfe_search_lim_num=100
jtfe_fltstr=
jtfe_search_delay=250
FileTypesPageHookOn=0
Old 6th August 2011, 04:44   #26
hknoener

Quote:

That worked for me as well! Thank you very much!
hknoener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 09:54   #27
DrO

i spent a few hours yesterday trying to debug the issue and i cannot reproduce it now inorder to fix it. so either a re-compile was needed or it's still there but something else has changed in the Winamp version i'm testing against which resolves it *shrugs*

i did find the controlling of the jtf window was affecting the queue manager window (if enabled) which i fixed so it might have been related to that, just not sure. will have to keep trying when i get some more time to work on the next version of the jtfe plug-in i suppose.

-daz
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:00   #28
brianthehawk

Quote:

This worked for me! I registered just to say thank you!!
brianthehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 19:44   #29
lookatmike

Multiple Monitors

Obviously an older thread here, but I ran into this issue today, and the root cause had to do with my use of multiple monitors.

I usually keep my Winamp on a secondary monitor attached to my laptop; when I undock the laptop, I then can't bring up the Jump To File window. The workaround listed here, to switch to skinned mode, worked in this case. But for whatever reason I prefer the non-skinned look, so I kept digging.

Finally realized that the X-position of the window was still set to where my secondary monitor would have been. In winamp.ini, jumpex_pos_x was set to 1940 (primary screen on my laptop is 1440, so that's well past the right edge). I closed Winamp, set jumpex_pos_x to 0, and started up again. The window was now on the primary monitor.

So, kind of a narrow segment, but if this sounds like your situation (laptop with an external monitor that's sometimes attached, sometimes not, Winamp usually lives on the external monitor), give that setting a look. Also jumpex_pos_y if you stack your monitors vertically.
lookatmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 06:57   #30
lights_rage

I have an odder problem. Since I started using this laptop my jtf box seems to lockup my entire winamp along with jaws for windows which is my screen reader. I have no idea why I tried unskinning it which means I cant control tab between it now but I can rout pc to jaws cursor to click on it. What I want to know is why now! This is more annoying but I need my screen reader and then I get a winamp is not responding error then about a minute later it starts to like me again and respond. is this winamp the jtf box or both. I only installed one plugin that didn't come with it and that's edcast could it be my directory size it is pretty big. My laptop runs windows seven do I need to have winamp run as admin I thought it did but I could try that. it is just really slow with the jtf box for some reason. I can handle that, I cannot handle it taking my screen reader with it. That makes me think of cpu I am no programmer so I figured I would put my thoughts here and let you all mull over them. I did a search online and found this topic and nothing else so figured I would post here. Oddly enough jaws does read better the queing of files unskinned but like I said jaws can barely find the dialog. hmm, what to do about that. I use the classic skin for accessibility and no agent support. any other blind users have these issues too:? what do you do?
lights_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 08:46   #31
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@lights_rage

Try going to: Winamp > Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Jump To File > Search tab (5th tab from left)
Checkmark "Limit the number of search results to be displayed up to..."
And set a value of something like "500"

That should help if the JTFE window was freezing up on opening, especially with very large playlists...
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 19:12   #32
DrO

the basic answer is if jaws is hooking the jtf dialog which is also being hooked by the plug-in referenced in this thread, then with larger searches it can be slower. and it deson't help that the jtf window even with the option mentioned above is dire when handling large numbers of items due to the way that it just fundamentally works.

as for a solution, other then re-coding the whole dialog, there's little to suggest than what has already been suggested as the dialog will just be slow no matter what in it's current state if multiple things are trying to do things on it.
Old 10th December 2013, 09:56   #33
soktukcasokarim

These fucking developers cannot solved this problem yet. When I use J key, jumptofile window doesn't open for a few minutes or it opens behind the winamp window.

Old version is better than the new versions.
soktukcasokarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 10:26   #34
DrO

then you should use what you want to use but swearing at me and not providing any of the requested information needed when reporting issues means I will now have to ignore you (as the 5.66x builds resolved almost all of the issues which can be fixed).
Old 25th December 2013, 06:55   #35
wernerml

Fucking ungrateful bastards...

wernerml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2013, 07:06   #36
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerml View Post
The feature works fine for me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports