Old 30th November 2011, 17:45   #1
MFC84

I really need som help!

Hello,

Im new to this forum, but not totally new into shoutcasting. I have tried to search this forum before posting, but im still stucked with tmy problem.

I would really like to know if anybody could tell me how you convert playlist streams from (.pls) into a (.mp3) file *****ample.

The reason why Im asking, is that one of my friends would like to stream my radio stream through a Iphone and Android App he has made - but the stream link has to be in (.mp3) audio formator else the app player wron't play.

Does anybody know how to convert a (.pls) stream into Mp3 audio format ?

I know it is possible i rip the stream with a stream ripper, but my friend needs a Mp3 uadio stream that are running paraelle with the (.pls) stream. He has seen it before, but he don't know how to make it and can't help me with it.

I really hope you understand and are able to help !

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Mads
MFC84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 21:47   #2
DrO

i'm not sure but you could just append ;.mp3 on the end of the stream's url in the player (or if using the v2 DNAS use a custom streampath like /listen.mp3 and see if that works.

if not then there's no direct way with either the v1 or v2 DNAS to save a real file for the app to then use.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 22:26   #3
MFC84

I have tried to rename it to listen.mp3 instead of .pls in the end, but that i'sent enough.

Du You know anything about stream transcoding. Is it possible this way ? Do you know that ?

Regards,

Mads
MFC84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 23:01   #4
DrO

i think the problem is being approached in the wrong way as there are already iPhone and Android apps out there which can play SHOUTcast streams without having to do an intermediary file as seems to be being attempted (from what i've gathered from other people - i don't own or intend to own either devices any time soon).

finding out how to do that would be far better imho than trying to transcode / locally save and then play the stream.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 01:29   #5
dotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
i think the problem is being approached in the wrong way as there are already iPhone and Android apps out there which can play SHOUTcast streams without having to do an intermediary file as seems to be being attempted (from what i've gathered from other people - i don't own or intend to own either devices any time soon).

finding out how to do that would be far better imho than trying to transcode / locally save and then play the stream.

-daz
^^This.

Even Safari on iOS devices handles .pls files with ease. Your friend should be able to hit up the relevant iOS and Android development forums for help on this. Or, he could launch externally in Safari - at least on iOS
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support