Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 5th December 2011, 04:23   #1
paok1926

Data arriving too fast for processing - some has been lost in the last second..

well, i think i managed to setup my dnas, but... after a few minutes, server stops and i get these messages...

2011-12-05 06:13:56 E msg:[DJPROTOCOLSHOUTCAST] Data arriving too fast for processing - some has been lost in the last second.
2011-12-05 06:13:57 E msg:[DJPROTOCOLSHOUTCAST] Data arriving too fast for processing - some has been lost in the last second.
2011-12-05 06:13:59 E msg:[DST 79.103.162.89:27226 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 client connection rejected. Stream not available. vlc/1.1.12

my setup is one stream aac @256 kbps to sc_trans (using edcast) and two streams (aac@256kbps & mp3@128kbps) to the server..

after this, i have to disconnect/connect edcast to work again for a few seconds...
can anyone help me ?
paok1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 05:15   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

edcast is not "certified" to work properly with sc_trans v2

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 05:21   #3
jaromanda
Forum King

oh, wait ... I don't think sc_trans likes aac

try using mp3 instead

So I did
Old 5th December 2011, 10:11   #4
paok1926

sc_trans works with aac, it needs an extra licence to stream mp3..
Old 5th December 2011, 10:43   #5
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by paok1926 View Post
sc_trans works with aac, it needs an extra licence to stream mp3..
indeed, sc_trans can OUTPUT (sc_trans -> DNAS) HE-AAC and MP3, the latter needs a license

but your issue is on the INPUT side (edcast -> sc_trans), and, I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong, sc_trans v2 will NOT accept an incoming AAC or HE-AAC stream on the DJ port

So I did
Old 5th December 2011, 11:01   #6
DrO

it will happily accept an AAC DJ connections as long as the input headers, etc are ok then the transcoder will attempt to process the DJ input into the stream (same as for any input either from files or from DJ connections). there was a build where AAC DJ support was broken (which might be what you're thinking off).

the common causes of the 'Data arriving too fast for processing' error is down to the Transcoder not having enough resources to keep up with what it needs to do (mainly cpu usage limitations / maxed out cpu). since that comes from the internal buffer filling up and then having to throw some of it away.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 11:14   #7
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it will happily accept an AAC DJ connections as long as the input headers, etc are ok then the transcoder will attempt to process the DJ input into the stream (same as for any input either from files or from DJ connections). there was a build where AAC DJ support was broken (which might be what you're thinking off).
yes, that's the one, because I know I couldn't use transcoder with HE-AAC as input - did not realise that was fixed, sorry OP

I stand corrected - will it accept FAAC streams too?

For the moment, I would not "trust" edcast with sc_trans v2 (or DNAS v2 for that matter) - stick with shoutcast DSP 2 if you're going to to stream to sc_trans 2

for now

So I did
Old 5th December 2011, 12:15   #8
DrO

as long as the input is recognised, falls under the supported mime types and can be decoded if needed then any valid MP3 or AAC encoded stream should be supported.

-daz
Old 5th December 2011, 14:04   #9
paok1926

Quote:

the common causes of the 'Data arriving too fast for processing' error is down to the Transcoder not having enough resources to keep up with what it needs to do (mainly cpu usage limitations / maxed out cpu). since that comes from the internal buffer filling up and then having to throw some of it away.

-daz
i'm trying to run this setup on a dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5405 @ 2.00GHz
i have a virtual host under esxi 4, with 2g of ram... and two cpus available to this linux box.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:15   #10
DrO

virtual hosts are often what people see this happening on, sc_trans is somewhat picky when it comes to resource availability which virtual hosts can sometimes trip it up. then again edcast is an unknown quantity (i've never tested sc_trans against) so it could be bit of both causing it. i have made a few changes in the internal build which cuts down some of what the Transcoder is trying to do though there's a fair bit more which needs to be done ideally (the fun of using beta software).

-daz
Old 5th December 2011, 17:56   #11
paok1926

Quote:
i have made a few changes in the internal build which cuts down some of what the Transcoder is trying to do though there's a fair bit more which needs to be done ideally (the fun of using beta software).

-daz
i will try the setup of sc_serv and sc_trans at my local virtual server to check the cpu load..

but i would be very happy to try your beta
Old 6th December 2011, 01:55   #12
paok1926

i give up and wait for a new version...
tried the setup of dnas 2 and sc_trans in another linux box, the same...

i also tried winamp with the shoutcast plugin..
i couldnt login to sc_trans as dj in dnas v2 mode, and it does not have the capability to use an external metadata file..
i had the same problems... its not an encoder issue..

Old 6th December 2011, 10:51   #13
DrO

for Winamp+Source DSP to be able to connect, you'd need to have setup DJ login details as well as a related DJ event in the calendar.xml so it will accept the connection.

what was the cpu load? though i really don't think any of the new versions are going to be off much help and it could even be down to trying to have too many encodings going on (it shouldn't be a problem with those specs but anything virtual can run into issues). though the stream should still keep playing, even if it does end up jumping, plus i'd also see what happens with just 1 and then 2 encodings and see if that makes any difference since you're effectively re-encoding things at a high bitrate (which might not even be needed depending on the bitrate of the input media).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support