Old 9th September 2014, 15:10   #1
SiMka

Problem: Buffering every song change.

Hello,

Have a strange problem about Shoutcast. Every time song changes my player starts buffering. This happens to ALL test "subjects" and not only. Tried different players, different encodings to stream and this happens all the time.
There are absolutely no error notifications nor SC console or my streaming soft (SAM).

Anyone have any idea what my cause this behavior? Thanks!
SiMka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 15:13   #2
DrO

what player(s) are you using ? (as what you describe would make me think of Flash players)
the DNAS version ?
the format of the stream?
a working link to the stream ?
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 15:22   #3
SiMka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
what player(s) are you using ? (as what you describe would make me think of Flash players)
the DNAS version ?
the format of the stream?
a working link to the stream ?
Flash? Are you kidding? Who uses flash to test things? And as written: Tried different players and different encoding. So, again - different players (so far tried 3 - VLC, WinAMP, MP) and this happes in all format..
DNAS 2.2.. Just looked that there's 2.4 available now.. updating to 2.4 and let's see what's happens then.
Old 9th September 2014, 15:40   #4
DrO

yes you said different players but what you described is a common thing seen from Flash players when the stream source is providing incomplete audio frames.

without anything to try out, all i can do is guess based on previous experience as there was nothing specific in the information provided (especially a working stream link to try out to see if it's something on your side or a more generic issue).

and there's a lot of people still using Flash players to check things, hence why i assumed it was something you may also have done (again based on the norm of what other users say and do).
Old 9th September 2014, 16:08   #5
SiMka

Seems like there's no problem with DNAS 2.4. Just updated to 2.4 and everything works just fine for now.
In the another note: aacp didn't buffer as much as mp3 when changing the songs, but still..

Problem solved for now. Thanks!
Old 9th September 2014, 16:09   #6
DrO

rightio
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support