Old 25th November 2011, 21:08   #1
sphinxy1

how to play the shoutcast player start automatically?

Hello,

I've got the shoutcast flash player on my website using the 'embed' code, how do I make the player start automatically when someone goes on my site?

Thanks
sphinxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 22:37   #2
DrO

i believe it should just start automatically as long as it can connect to the DNAS providing the stream. just tried it with one of the popular streams just put in a html file and it started playing as soon as i loaded the page in my browser.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 21:43   #3
sphinxy1

can you please give me the embed code for 977music the hitz channel that will auto-play?

Thanks
sphinxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 13:07   #4
DrO

it'd be the same way as for how you've already tried to do it. though embedding someone else's stream without their permission (unless this is something private which no one else is going to access) is somewhat frowned upon.

-daz
Old 29th November 2011, 11:55   #5
wojtysz

Hi,

at the end of the station id in the embed code you find "play_status=" Switching it to 1 makes the player start when page is opened, 0 makes it wait for a click.

But I also got another issue and will stick it here if you don't mind.

I've got one big trouble with embedded flash players including shoutcast player on shoutcast.com.

It jams. Jjjjams.

After one or few tracks it starts to throw in short sounds instead of streaming.

On Firefox 8, Opera, directly on shoutcast.com and through other flash players I found.

Is it just my problem?
wojtysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 12:07   #6
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtysz View Post
at the end of the station id in the embed code you find "play_status=" Switching it to 1 makes the player start when page is opened, 0 makes it wait for a click.
which matches with what i said that it works from the one i tried, so most likely the OP hadn't copied the embed link correctly / fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtysz View Post
After one or few tracks it starts to throw in short sounds instead of streaming.

On Firefox 8, Opera, directly on shoutcast.com and through other flash players I found.

Is it just my problem?
it's basically just how rubbish most flash players are (including the one on the site) as most cannot cope with variations in the stream or non-audio data i.e. the in-stream metadata updates which then causes it to loose sync with the stream. there are some flash players which do better with such handling but they're either paid solutions or need more work to make them easily usable for all.

i am trying to do things with the v2 DNAS to improve flash player handling (though mainly aimed at the site player interaction for the time being) to better handle such situtations but it's not a simple fix and to my knowledge, this is something which has plagued the v1 based setups as well for years.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support