Old 2nd October 2014, 09:58   #1
tardolus

Coming back to Shoutcast user

Hey! We are streaming to internet with "listen2myradio" with Winamp Shoutcast DSP plugin. However, we have nothing but troubles with it all the time.

I've used Shoutcast DNAS and Winamp DSP plugin few years ago and it was very easy to setup. But now when I tried to do it, I couldn't managed... This "command prompt" using is very confusing because there is no normal user interface anymore.

Is there CLEAR step-by-step manual to setup this new DNAS etc.? Also I think I need help with my Thomson modem, because apparently it doesnt let anyone thru to listen our stream.

THANK YOU!
tardolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 10:19   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

instructions: http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster
modem: issues http://portforward.com/

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:15   #3
tardolus

Thanks! It's sending now (Shoutcast) and tried to connect with friends PC. Doesn't connect... But of course with my own Wifi it connects to the stream. I have Thomson modem and I tried to forward ports 8000-8001 but it asks a spesific devide where to forward these ports, there is no. It should be able to listened with every possible device, anywhere. LOL. Helps?
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:39   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

You clearly don't understand port forwarding

port forwarding forwards a port on the public internet (WAN) side of your router to a computer on the private intranet (LAN) side of the router

so, if your public address is 123.456.789.123 and your DNAS is on 192.168.1.100:8000 ... you would forward port 8000 to 192.168.1.100 ... so, anyone on the internets can listen at 123.456.789.123:8000

but, if you want to listen within your network, you would connect to 192.168.1.100:8000

That's about the extent of explaining I'm willing to do at the moment - portforward.com has basic information you need to do what you want (assuming you know what you want)

So I did
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:21   #5
tardolus

Yep, we tried to listen with public IP + :8000 and couldnt connect. We tried with port 8001 too, but no luck. So, this will stay as a mystery?
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:56   #6
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardolus View Post
Yep, we tried to listen with public IP + :8000 and couldnt connect. We tried with port 8001 too, but no luck. So, this will stay as a mystery?
8001 isn't a port for listening clients, only source clients for DNASv1

you say you tried to listen with public IP ... I take it you tried from outside your LAN when you did this, because listening to the public IP from within the LAN will almost never work unless your router .... nevermind, not information you need

So I did
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:03   #7
tardolus

Yep, I tried with mobile data and at my friends house. Strange enough: now even "listen2myradio" method doesnt work... Could it be possible that operator has made changes to somewhere? :/
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:05   #8
tardolus

Well, both ways failed also with another PC in totally different location and different modem. Someone said theres something wrong with Shoutcast. It worked perfectly well until now.
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:11   #9
DrO

are there errors reported in the DNAS's logs?

what version of the DNAS and Source DSP are you using?

have you made sure you've allowed the DNAS access via the Windows firewall ? (i assume that is the OS you're using as that information in not provided in any of your posts - other than a complaint of it being a console program instead of having a windows gui wrapper around it).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 23:51   #10
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardolus View Post
Someone said theres something wrong with Shoutcast.
Do you mean shoutcast the website? shoutcast the website could be destroyed in a nuclear accident, it wont stop you from streaming radio from shoutcast DNAS (the program)

or, if you mean there's something wrong with DNAS ... well, you set it up on your computer, so if it worked, then stopped working, then clearly it's something you've done that has broken it.

So I did
Old 4th October 2014, 13:41   #11
tardolus

Intresting way of aproaching this problem...

We tried to solve this problem with professional technician, and we couldnt figured out the issue. Intresting note: The stream can be listened every top of the hour for approx 5 mins, then it cuts again.

And no, there is no failure messages on DNAS log. Streaming works to Shoutcast servers, but it wont allow anyone to listen it (except 5 mins every hour......).

Intresting, isnt it?
Old 4th October 2014, 13:45   #12
DrO

you'll need to provide a link to the stream so it can be tried externally as well as clarification of the information i asked for.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support