Old 15th October 2003, 11:02   #441
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

It's all in the faq:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=110858

Quote:
General Guidelines for Publishing Winamp2 Skins.

Do not publish Beta versions; discuss them first in the WA2 Skins Forum. Fully baked skins are much better.

Do not publish incomplete skins; every skin should at least have the Main, Equaliser,Play List and Browser skinned, we also like the video and AVS/ML/Gen windows skinned as well, cursors are a bonus, but not essential.

Controls, make sure you put as many controls as you can on your skin, skins have to be functional remember. This particulary applies to the EQ area remember God loves equalizers and punishes those who build skins without including his favorite toy.

Don't submit hundreds of colour variations of the same skin, these will only be rejected.

If you are going to use a skin tool to make your skin, then try keep the submissions down to a minimum, we allow 5 skinner skins per author, per day, the rest will be rejected, don't say we didn't warn you.
Old 15th October 2003, 14:23   #442
AllenRobinson

I see... is there any program to help me automaticly skin that if I pull up a design in Photoshop?
Old 16th October 2003, 10:10   #443
tenplus1

Unhappy A-Tek Rev. 2 submission appeal...

Hi guys...

I got in touch with Spacejazz and asked his permission before even working on the skin, then after adding the new sections, asked him again if it was ok to submit it to both WinAMP and DeviantART websites...

I have permission, can I put it back on ???
Old 16th October 2003, 11:01   #444
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Short answer: No

Longer answer: Tell him we have to remove his skin than, as we don't allow duplicates. It is a lot better if he updates his own skin.
Old 16th October 2003, 14:58   #445
mvaneerde

Got this email:

Your component 'Skin of no-skin' is now unpublished.

We experienced problems during installation. This needs to be resolved.

My question is:
Is my skin being rejected because it doesn't meet the minimum-window-requirement, or is there a problem with the skin that is causing it not to be installed successfully?
Old 16th October 2003, 15:07   #446
mvaneerde

CID: 120776
Old 17th October 2003, 00:03   #447
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Your skin is rejected because there is nothing to see, skins have to be seen to be skins. If you submit nothing, that is exactly what gets published, nothing.
Old 17th October 2003, 00:17   #448
mvaneerde

It can be seen - it looks like this (attached image)

I understand if this is not suitable for publication. I use it myself because I really like to optimize screen space and I feel an application used primarily for audio doesn't need to take up any screen space at all.
Attached Images
File Type: gif skin.gif (1.0 KB, 324 views)
Old 18th October 2003, 09:35   #449
Keeter81

Objectionable Content?

I tried uploading my first skin about 2 days ago, and I recieved an email saying it continaed 'objectionable content' and was provided with a link to this thread, which apparently is about rips? Well, if this is the case, its completely bogus, because for one, the skin is pretty crappy, and not worth ripping at all whatsoever. The component ID is 136936... if there is something I'm not catching as to why it is not being accepted, please let me know.
Old 18th October 2003, 11:38   #450
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

136936 - Detroit Pistons amp?

Quote:
What happend to the sports skins?

AOL owns Nullsoft, the company that publishes Winamp and upkeep's the Winamp.com web site. Recently (August 31ish, 2001) AOL corporate notified the Webmaster of Winamp.com that they were very displeased by the fact that Winamp.com allowed major league sport skins to be published on their website. A list of skins to be deleted was sent along with this message, as well as the instructions not to publish any more 'NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL or college team skins' on the site. We of the Skin Review Squad apologise to the authors of such skins, and suggest that you try DeviantArt,1001 Winamp Skins, or any other of the numerous sites that publish Winamp 2.xx skins.
Skin submission FAQ

Sorry.
Old 18th October 2003, 20:45   #451
Keeter81

Sounds fair enough. Didn't see that rule. Sorry for the confusion. I'll take it out of the publishers area.
Old 19th October 2003, 07:04   #452
uNDefineD

Send a message via ICQ to uNDefineD Send a message via AIM to uNDefineD
Quote:
Originally posted by uNDefineD
"MiniPak 4 - Remixes" posted in Winamp 3 AVS presets (I know, not a skin, but this is where the email said to go) a few days ago. CID: 136885. I obtained permission from every artist I remixed, here's the proof. I can't think what else could possibly be wrong.
I resubmitted it, convinced by the other guys in the AVS forums that it was a database error. I got the "unpublished" email again. WTF is wrong with my AVS pack? There are no ripped elements in there whatsoever.
Old 19th October 2003, 09:51   #453
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

To just have people in a thread say you have permission does not nessesarily move the reviewer, you need e-mails from the original authors compiled within a readme file and you need to state so in the description.
Old 19th October 2003, 20:04   #454
Autocon

I submitted a Winamp 2 skin some time ago, Metroid Fusion Component ID: 126312. Last week it was removed. I never received any emails stating why, or what to do about it. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old 19th October 2003, 20:11   #455
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Did it meet the minimum requirements:
Quote:
Do not publish incomplete skins; every skin should at least have the Main, Equaliser,Play List and Browser skinned, we also like the video and AVS/ML/Gen windows skinned as well, cursors are a bonus, but not essential.
If it did, please re-submit.
Old 19th October 2003, 23:08   #456
uNDefineD

Quote:
Originally posted by wildrose-wally
you need e-mails from the original authors compiled within a readme file and you need to state so in the description.
That is bull! No matter how I show you guys, I still had express written permission to remix those presets. I never emailed them for permission, it was all done over the forum.

I am gonna keep resubmitting this until it gets through.
Old 19th October 2003, 23:30   #457
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

And why would that be bull? That's what is required from the skinning community! Are you special and don't have to follow a simple rule when submitting remixed versions of other peoples work?

Permissions should always accompany the work, whether it be a skin or a pack does not make much difference. Copying the whole thread (or at least the relevant posts) to a readme file might do the trick also. But do mention the permissions in the pack description.

Just ask the people at Winamp 2 skins what hoops they had to jump through in the recent remix contest.
Old 20th October 2003, 00:28   #458
uNDefineD

If that's true, then why don't I see permission notices on other remixes? In the AVS community, NO ONE CARES!
Old 20th October 2003, 00:46   #459
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Maybe they should. Anyway, I have turned the matter over to the AVS Review Team.
Old 22nd October 2003, 12:55   #460
Dimiz

Send a message via ICQ to Dimiz
To wildrose-wally
It' s about componentId=136758
Today my skin was unpublished with comment RIP!
Why? Did you look at skin at all?
Show me the source of rip!!!
Old 22nd October 2003, 23:56   #461
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Yes, you are very persistant continuing to put up a rip from yaXamp,
http://classic.winamp.com/skins/deta...onentId=112519
and I continue to remove and deny it.

Even though you have said you removed the stolen parts from yaXamp from your skin, you lied and there were still a large number of parts present in all components. I don't want to see this skin anymore, even if you do succeed in removing anything even remotely resembling yaXamp. I doubt you could get it all out anyway, because basically IT WAS A STRAIGHT RIP, modified a bit to resemble what you wanted in it.

I am really getting tired of this nonsence, QUIT SUBMITTING THIS OR ANY OTHER RIPS!!!
Old 23rd October 2003, 08:10   #462
Dimiz

Send a message via ICQ to Dimiz
Quote:
Yes, you are very persistant continuing to put up a rip from yaXamp,
http://classic.winamp.com/skins/deta...onentId=112519
and I continue to remove and deny it.

Even though you have said you removed the stolen parts from yaXamp from your skin, you lied and there were still a large number of parts present in all components. I don't want to see this skin anymore, even if you do succeed in removing anything even remotely resembling yaXamp. I doubt you could get it all out anyway, because basically IT WAS A STRAIGHT RIP, modified a bit to resemble what you wanted in it.

I am really getting tired of this nonsence, QUIT SUBMITTING THIS OR ANY OTHER RIPS!!!
Ok
nu i ne mudak ty posle etogo?
Old 24th October 2003, 17:15   #463
G.DreamWalker

Question my skin appeal.

I recieved an email the yesterday stating that my skin, 'San Diego Chargers', has "objectionable content." There is no nudity or adult type material on this skin. So i dont believe it falls into that catagory, only one i could think of is, cause it is a sports skin. Or if it was just a mistake, or something that I dont see let me know. Thanks

G.DreamWalker
Old 24th October 2003, 17:59   #464
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Sounds like another sports skin, same answer I gave a few posts up to keeter81....

Quote:
What happend to the sports skins?

AOL owns Nullsoft, the company that publishes Winamp and upkeep's the Winamp.com web site. Recently (August 31ish, 2001) AOL corporate notified the Webmaster of Winamp.com that they were very displeased by the fact that Winamp.com allowed major league sport skins to be published on their website. A list of skins to be deleted was sent along with this message, as well as the instructions not to publish any more 'NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL or college team skins' on the site. We of the Skin Review Squad apologise to the authors of such skins, and suggest that you try DeviantArt,1001 Winamp Skins, or any other of the numerous sites that publish Winamp 2.xx skins.
Skin submission FAQ

Sorry.
Old 28th October 2003, 03:10   #465
the_dude4444

My skin was unpuplished due to installation problems, can I get more details?
there is a link to it in the signiture so there's the CID there.
It's iPod skin V4
Old 28th October 2003, 03:57   #466
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Have you tried that skin in Winamp 5 yet? Time to update it I'm afraid, otherwise it will not work.

BTW, the other (original) iPod skin works fine.
Old 28th October 2003, 19:42   #467
the_dude4444

I don't quite see a place to download winamp 5, where is it?
Old 29th October 2003, 00:05   #468
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1066336873
Old 29th October 2003, 04:15   #469
the_dude4444

for me the only things that don't work is the display of on\off in the preferences (font isn't being used for some reason) and the brwose option doesn't work. both of them have no reason to fail except a change in std.mi that I son't know of, how can I find what is the change?
Old 29th October 2003, 04:21   #470
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I don't know. Take a look in the original skin see how that one handles it.
Old 29th October 2003, 21:12   #471
the_dude4444

it doesn't, this is an added feature and the font problem is because my skin uses the font unlike the old one. and why does my skin have to be compatible with an unpublished beta version?
Old 30th October 2003, 05:45   #472
madturk

I am not able to publish my "Galatasaray li Skin" would you tell me why? It is not a rip or a copy of another one but originally designed by of our admins.
Thank you for the answer.
Old 30th October 2003, 07:38   #473
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Old 30th October 2003, 15:19   #474
the_dude4444

What about my post? you havn't replied
Old 31st October 2003, 06:53   #475
LordTerrin

Your component 'Brian Powell Music skin' is now unpublished.

We experienced problems during installation. This needs to be resolved.

I have had several people click on the exact same file from my website and it installs fine... can you give me more of an idea of what I need to do? I uploaded the file in .wsz format, and I can't resubmit because it tells me, obviously, that another component with the same name already exists. What can I do? My skin rocks.

Brian
Old 31st October 2003, 10:55   #476
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Old 31st October 2003, 11:04   #477
the_dude4444

I bypassed the known WA5 bug and resubmitted the iPod skin.
Old 31st October 2003, 11:12   #478
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Is that the system.eject(); bug you talked about elsewhere?, if you used my solution you should be ok to go.

Am I missing the point with this skin?

I click the MENU button, a menu slides onto screen, then nothing?, can't remove the menu, can't use any of the options on the menu, is it supposed to be like that?
Old 31st October 2003, 11:27   #479
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Ok, I figured out your control system, man that's a tricky one to work out, given that nothing happens when you use the dial , some movement in there might have been nice.

however, you appear to have either, uploaded the same skin as before, or not fixed the problem, I still get a crash related error when trying to load files with this skin in WA5, when I try it in WA3, it still pops up the default load track dialogue, which suggest the code is the same.

/edit, in fact, just checked your code file, you are still using system.eject(); in your menu.m file.
Old 31st October 2003, 11:51   #480
the_dude4444

I tried to make the jog as realistic as possible, you don't see it move in the real iPod as well.
I think I accidently posted the wrong file, now it's the right one (it should be iPod_v4.1.wal)

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Skin and Plug-in Rip Reporting for Removal