Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th June 2016, 08:50   #401
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v1.7.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
Would you be able to add seeking in FLAC files? It works for me with AAC, but not FLAC!
Here you are!

Links:

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 09:41   #402
Stone Free
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 107
Thanks, wow that was quick!
Stone Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 10:25   #403
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
YASAPI v1.7.4 doesn't work with thinktink's crossfading plug-ins (BogProg X-Fade v2.1.4.17 and BogProg NoFlush v1.0.1.2).
I looked it up at the forum and found a download link:Try the download link and look for yourself. It makes no sense to support third party plug-ins which does not exist anymore.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 10:46   #404
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Thanks for the new versions.
Winamp still crashes sometimes with 1.7.5 when it tries to advance to the next track in playlist (around 6th times, with normal mp3 files).

To not just talk about bad things: http streaming is working fine so far!

EDIT:
Another bug: during playback (normal mp3 file) there was a small gap (0.5 sec) then time (and therefore slider) was wrong after that in the track.

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)

Last edited by chros; 25th June 2016 at 12:07.
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 14:57   #405
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
I looked it up at the forum and found a download link:Try the download link and look for yourself. It makes no sense to support third party plug-ins which does not exist anymore.
Thinktink's website could be down temporarily. Although, he has not posted anything since March 13, 2016, so he may have moved on.

I was wrong about his plug-ins working with YASAPI v1.7.2. I could backtrack to the last version they worked with and provide debug logs of it and the current version. But, I agree it is not worth it if thinktink has truly moved on, so I'll wait awhile to see if the website comes back.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:11   #406
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
...

EDIT:
Another bug: during playback (normal mp3 file) there was a small gap (0.5 sec) then time (and therefore slider) was wrong after that in the track.
What do you mean by "normal mp3 file"? The mp3 format provides for various ways of encoding (bit rate, bit depth, and frequency), they all are 'normal' in the sense of what is allowed by spec.

Are you sure the 'gap' is not encoded in the file? Have you tried playing the file with another output plug-in or another app?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:24   #407
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v1.7.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Thanks for the new versions.
Winamp still crashes sometimes with 1.7.5 when it tries to advance to the next track in playlist (around 6th times, with normal mp3 files).
You posted this while I was working on another bug which was not reported yet. It is configurable whether during pause/underflow/skip the device should be disconnected or not. The implementation was just with the option selected in mind. It is open what had happened when somebody had unchecked it. This was another great opportunity to apply the strategy pattern in order to achieve a consistent implementation.

While moving some code into the Disconnect strategy I discovered the code which was running between tracks could hardly achieve what it was supposed to do because of a silly bug and I corrected it on the fly.

It turned out that your bug is not reproducible with what is now v1.7.7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Another bug: during playback (normal mp3 file) there was a small gap (0.5 sec) then time (and therefore slider) was wrong after that in the track.
Also not reproducible with v1.7.7.

Please re-test with v1.7.7.

Links:

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 15:46   #408
gasbag
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15
One cosmetic bug: v1.7.5. is last version, in which visualisation of buffers is working for me.
gasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 16:12   #409
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v1.7.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasbag View Post
One cosmetic bug: v1.7.5. is last version, in which visualisation of buffers is working for me.
And, of course, v1.7.8

Links:

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 16:24   #410
gasbag
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks, Peter
gasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 20:05   #411
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu
What do you mean by "normal mp3 file"? The mp3 format provides for various ways of encoding (bit rate, bit depth, and frequency), they all are 'normal' in the sense of what is allowed by spec.
Sorry, you're right. I just wanted to distinguish between an mp3 file and http stream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu
Are you sure the 'gap' is not encoded in the file? Have you tried playing the file with another output plug-in or another app?
Yes, the file is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
You posted this while I was working on another bug which was not reported yet. It is configurable whether during pause/underflow/skip the device should be disconnected or not. The implementation was just with the option selected in mind. It is open what had happened when somebody had unchecked it.
I have updated my signature regarding the settings that I'm using with Yasapi: what isn't mentioned is using default setting. That means -> disconnect is switched on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
This was another great opportunity to apply the strategy pattern in order to achieve a consistent implementation.

While moving some code into the Disconnect strategy I discovered the code which was running between tracks could hardly achieve what it was supposed to do because of a silly bug and I corrected it on the fly.
Pretty good news! I couldn't create debug logs because it was so nasty bug, it just appeared out of nowhere.
We will see if it solved completely in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner
v1.7.1 Improved migrating the plug-in from an un-plugged default device to the new default device when playing.
So, hopefully we can get back to this This bug is still present with 1.7.8:
- playing a song
- monitor shuts off (-> no sound, since no audio device is present)
- monitor comes back (device is back) but no sound (but no crash either!!! Thanks for this ), winamp stalls the playback
- solution: push stop then push start: playback is back to normal
It would be nice if Yasapi could continue playback automatically when device is back (like default directsound plugin or Sanear can).

As I mentioned earlier, you can reproduce this by disabling/waiting-a-bit/reenabling your audio device during playback in OS Audio settings. If you need a new log I can create it.

The same happens when:
- you start a media player (like MPC-HC) that uses Wasapi Exclusive mode (and Yasapi uses Share mode)
- playback stalls (again: no crash!!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasbag View Post
Thanks, Peter
You're one of the best, Peter! Thank You!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros
Another bug: during playback (normal mp3 file) there was a small gap (0.5 sec) then time (and therefore slider) was wrong after that in the track.
The gap is still here with 1.7.8 Winamp small visualization (which is on the main window) is broken at the same time when it happens.

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 03:04   #412
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v1.7.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
So, hopefully we can get back to this This bug is still present with 1.7.8:
- playing a song
- monitor shuts off (-> no sound, since no audio device is present)
- monitor comes back (device is back) but no sound (but no crash either!!! Thanks for this ), winamp stalls the playback
- solution: push stop then push start: playback is back to normal
It would be nice if Yasapi could continue playback automatically when device is back (like default directsound plugin or Sanear can).

As I mentioned earlier, you can reproduce this by disabling/waiting-a-bit/reenabling your audio device during playback in OS Audio settings. If you need a new log I can create it.
There where still a tiny bug in the migration routine. You should re-test it with v1.7.9. I did the following and it worked, i.e. playing sound continued with the new device:
  • Changed the default device in System Control -> Sound.
  • Playing Sound continues with the newly configured device.
  • Physically plugged off this second device.
  • Playing Sound continues with the former device.
Links:

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 10:43   #413
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
There where still a tiny bug in the migration routine. You should re-test it with v1.7.9. I did the following and it worked, i.e. playing sound continued with the new device:
  • Changed the default device in System Control -> Sound.
  • Playing Sound continues with the newly configured device.
  • Physically plugged off this second device.
  • Playing Sound continues with the former device.
Strange, it doesn't work for me This is what I did (see the log):
- started playback in winamp
- manually disabled the device (right click) in System Control -> Sound (there's no other device is present in the system!)
- wait a bit (till buffers will be empty)
- reenable device (right click) in System Control -> Sound
- winamp stalls (no crash, that's awesome!)
- pushed the stop button then start button -> playback starts perfectly

Maybe the key is that there isn't any more device just 1? (There are more audio devices in my OS but all of them are disabled.)

Thanks!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip yasapi-device-is-not-back.zip (11.8 KB, 83 views)

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 18:55   #414
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Strange, it doesn't work for me
The trace says at line 8734 "Warning: device not changed". That comes from "yasapi_player.c", line 1022. At line 1021 there is a wcscmp() comparing the IDs (i.e. the GUIDs known from the the property file) of the old with the new device and finds that they are equal, hence the device has not changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Maybe the key is that there isn't any more device just 1?
I find this test rather awkward when there's no device left where to migrate. This, of course, will never be supported.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 12:05   #415
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
I find this test rather awkward when there's no device left where to migrate. This, of course, will never be supported.
The good news we found the problem, again.

1. This was "only" a test case for You but for me it's a real world example: this is how an AVR with HDMI works.
As I mentioned before both directsound output plugin and Sanear works (you can try them out yourself as well).

2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros
The same happens when:
- you start a media player (like MPC-HC) that uses Wasapi Exclusive mode (and Yasapi uses Share mode)
- playback stalls (again: no crash!!! )
- you exit the media player, playback still stalls
On second thought, maybe the symptom is the same but probably the cause of it maust be something different.

Thanks

EDIT: Maybe the "hooking" that you mentioned before can be used to workaround these? (I can't find your post about it now.)

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 17:38   #416
Philippe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 16
Hello,

I haven’t posted here for the last few days, but I actually continued to test the new versions of the plugin almost each time they were released…
First, I indeed had issues with pausing and skipping, with different behavior depending of the audio format (MP3, FLAC, etc.)… But I can confirm that since 1.7.9 those bugs are gone! Great! Thank you!

I’ve tried today version 1.7.14, and the new 24 bit feature. To be honest I’m not really sure how it is supposed to work: what happens when I play a 16 bit file in that mode then? Is it supposed to get upsampled?! And what used to happen when I played 24 bit files while that mode wasn’t enabled? Were they downsampled?! I’d be rather pleased to be enlighted…

My sound card is ‘supposed’ to support 24 bits playback as windows shows:


So, I tried to enable that option, but it doesn’t seem to be working for me… But I wouldn’t be surprised if actually my soundcard doesn’t really support 24bit streams in fact…
More annoying, playing any file when the option is enabled gives me a lot of error popups/message:



There also is another test which I did before… that is playing a file with a rather exotic sample rate: for example 43210Hz. In DirectSound mode I can play the file because it is resampled anyway… I can totally understand that in YASAPI mode the file cannot be played of course... However, the plugin still shows lot of pop-ups (and with exactly the same messages as above with version 1.7.14). I’d find it less disturbing if in case of unsupported format, winamp’d skip the file to the next one in the playlist… that’s how it is behaving in case of files not supported by the associated input plugin…
However, with 32bits file, I still get winamp freezing instead of having such pop-ups: quite weird…
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 06:51   #417
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v1.7.15

What's new?
  • Added a device specific option in order to define whether YASAPI should promote 8/16 bit input to 24 bit.
  • This option is apperently not equivalent to Winamp -> Options -> Preferences -> Playback -> Playback -> Allow 24bit because the latter reduces bit deps to 16 bit if un-checked otherwise to 24 bit. Bit depth is never extended to 24 bit. YASAPI extends bit depth to 24 bit those enabling playback on devices which does support 24 bit WASAPI playback but not 16 bit WASAPI playback.
Links:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
More annoying, playing any file when the option is enabled gives me a lot of error popups/message:
The latest versions correct that the macro DMESSAGE() has an implememtaion also in the non-debug version. That's the way it is sopposed to. As a consequence you see error pop-ups way back the calling stack until you confirm exiting. You may find this annoying but that's the way I want to have it. I don't like irreparable errors to be ignored and silently tracks skipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
There also is another test which I did before… that is playing a file with a rather exotic sample rate: for example 43210Hz. In DirectSound mode I can play the file because it is resampled anyway… I can totally understand that in YASAPI mode the file cannot be played of course...
Use YASAPI shared mode with Auto Convert PCM enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
However, with 32bits file, I still get winamp freezing instead of having such pop-ups: quite weird…
If you're so annoyed as yo describe there's a simple solution: don't use YASAPI, instead write your own WASAPI plugin-in (and go to the public with it) which most likely will do everything right from the very first thoughts.

What you apparently don't understand is that I write this plug-in not for you but for me. If I can do something for you along the way that's fine but that's all.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 08:31   #418
Philippe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 16
What's the problem ?! I am reporting a bug: winamp freezes while playing 32bits float files. I also get unplayable playback while playing old 32kpbs WMA file, etc.

Ok, the pop-ups is for you a feature. No problem. The problem above I don't think so.
But, you are being rude and telling me you develop the plugin for you, not for me. Ok I'll leaving this place, and leave you with our own problems. But I don't worry, the problems I encounters, are problems you'll encounter anyway...

Good luck with it !
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 09:34   #419
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
What's the problem ?! I am reporting a bug: winamp freezes while playing 32bits float files. I also get unplayable playback while playing old 32kpbs WMA file, etc.
Bug reports are very welcome when they are in constructive style. Even so feature requests.

Your critics is just plain critics. No hint how to reproduce a bug, no trace. Nothing.

I wonder what your real interests might be. Your postings are in a style that one may think YASAPI is a piece of crap.

It is visible to everybody that you're created your forum account just in order to criticize YASAPI without any exception.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 10:24   #420
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v1.7.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Maybe the "hooking" that you mentioned before can be used to workaround these?
What's new?
  • Added a means to the trace that messages written from different threads don't mix up.
  • Added more informative messages to the trace regarding the impact of un-plugging the current device.
Links:The migration feature is implemented on the basis of "hooking". If YASAPI encounters a AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED error the interfaces to the current device IAudioClient, IAudioRenderClient, and IAudioClock, respectively, are blocked until the device is migrated. Migrating the device is initiated by an IMMNotificationClient registered with the IMMDeviceEnumerator.

The new version should make it easier for you to look at the trace when un-plugging the device and observe incoming events. From that observation you should be able to state which event should initiate the migration. It should also be clear that it is impossible to migrate to a null device.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 10:27   #421
Philippe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
Bug reports are very welcome when they are in constructive style. Even so feature requests.

Your critics is just plain critics. No hint how to reproduce a bug, no trace. Nothing.
In the previous message, I have specified the types of files that were giving me the error. And posted the screen shots. How can you saw I give no hint to reproduced a bug?!
In the message you quote, I haven't, but I gave it up, because you were saying you were doing the software for yourself after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
I wonder what your real interests might be. Your postings are in a style that one may think YASAPI is a piece of crap.

It is visible to everybody that you're created your forum account just in order to criticize YASAPI without any exception.
No, I found your piece of software interesting, but not entirely stable and so that's why I have registered here, because I thought you'd be interested in some reports.

However, I see that you keep coming to our own conclusions as fact such as "I created a forum account just in order to".. or that "I do not understand".. Previously you have kept taking it personally on a few messages because I said before the device shall be released, etc.
I'm sorry there was nothing personal on my messages; but yours are really. If you just think the bugs aren't qualified enough, just aks me for the details you need me to provide.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 12:31   #422
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
No, I found your piece of software interesting, but not entirely stable and so that's why I have registered here, because I thought you'd be interested in some reports.
Why have you hidden the history of your posts if you follow no interests other then finding this "piece of software interesting"?

Even if the history is hidden now it is obvious to everybody that your currently 13 posts are all in this thread.

EDIT: The URL of the history has changed.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 12:42   #423
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Errr, what I can see now (are there any deleted posts?), he wasn't rude at all.

@Peter: Thanks for the new version(s), but winamp crashes again with 1.7.16/1.7.15 (I haven't tried out the rest that weren't published here) when monitor-goes-off then comes back (no audio device). Something has to be changed in the meantime.
1.7.9 just stalls the playback, no crash. So I'm back to 1.7.9.

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 12:58   #424
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Thanks for the new version(s),
You're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
but winamp crashes again with 1.7.16/1.7.15 (I haven't tried out the rest that weren't published here) when monitor-goes-off then comes back (no audio device). Something has to be changed in the meantime.
1.7.9 just stalls the playback, no crash. So I'm back to 1.7.9.
It's your choice. If you don't provide any information other then "it crashes" there's nothing I can do for you.

With the new version there must be some trace available. You must see the event coming in and than crashing.

On my site migration to the new device if the old one is un-plugged works. It's not perfect, but it workes.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 14:07   #425
Philippe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
Why have you hidden the history of your posts if you follow no interests other then finding this "piece of software interesting"?

Even if the history is hidden now it is obvious to everybody that your currently 13 posts are all in this thread.

EDIT: The URL of the history has changed.

What non-sense are you talking ?!
No, I haven''t hidden and deleted any post !
Yes, I have only posted on this thread within the winamp forum.

What's wrong with that ?!
I came upon the plugin via this page: http://out-yasapi.sourceforge.net/
As there is no bug trackers, I only came upon the forum to post here, to report bugs. As I said, if the bugs are not qualified enough, please ask me for the missing details and I'll provide them. No need for personal attack and to claim that I come here to attack you and your work as you have said here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
Bug reports are very welcome when they are in constructive style. Even so feature requests.

Your critics is just plain critics. No hint how to reproduce a bug, no trace. Nothing.

I wonder what your real interests might be. Your postings are in a style that one may think YASAPI is a piece of crap.

It is visible to everybody that you're created your forum account just in order to criticize YASAPI without any exception.
The accusation you are making in your last couple of posts is really going to far !
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 14:25   #426
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
What non-sense are you talking ?!
It's no non-sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
What's wrong with that ?!
Nothing.

You should read carefully YASAPI's About dialog and then think twice about telling an open source developer that he follows a bad design and that he annoys you:
Quote:
Yet Another (WA)SAPI Output Plugin for Winamp YASAPI" (out_yasapi) is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

"Yet Another (WA)SAPI Output Plugin for Winamp YASAPI" (out_yasapi) is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with "Yet Another (WA)SAPI Output Plugin for Winamp YASAPI" (out_yasapi). If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
PLONK

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 15:11   #427
Philippe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 16
> It's no non-sense at all.
No, the non-sense you did that was accusing me of hidding messages because those URL are not working anymore:
http://forums.winamp.com/search.php?searchid=15004790
http://forums.winamp.com/search.php?searchid=15004067
Bad luck, this is not due to any of my actions, it seems the searchid are expiring, and the URL you should have linked to was:
http://forums.winamp.com/search.php?...duser&u=540286

> You should read carefully YASAPI's About dialog and then think twice about
> telling an open source developer that he follows a bad design and that he annoys you:
Ah, so because I once said you were using a bad design, because you couldn't release the device, you are doing so much efforts to make people believing I'm a troll, and just doing personal attacks.

What's funny about this is that in version v1.6.8 you were not releasing the device yet. Then you told me you couldn't do it with the current state of the code, so you did the timer in v1.6.9 but you said it was a bad workaround (I never said the timer was the correct solution btw).
But then in version v1.6.14 you finally made some important changes which allowed the device to be released, and the timer was no longer needed. That refactor has shown then the design could indeed been improved, isn't it ?!
You could have just said "yes, there are lot of things I want to improve, I'll do that in time, etc etc" which you did at the end of the day. Because the point I meant was "if something can't be achieved in the current state of the art, it can be another design" - which v1.6.14 has proved right.
If instead you just can't get over it, and taking it personally, I can't really help you; but please don't be so foolish, you are making yourself ridiculous here by attempting to proving me wrong with deleted posts, etc.
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 15:53   #428
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
The accusation you are making in your last couple of posts is really going to far !
Indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
> It's no non-sense at all.
make people believing I'm a troll, and just doing personal attacks.
I don't think this.

Guys, take a little rest, both of you.
I hope the whole thing is just a misunderstanding.
Come'n, there are 7 billion people on this freaking planet and almost nobody gives a jackshit about this plugin, we are just literally 5-6 of us!

@Peter: I think I can talk in everyone's name here, that our only intention is NOT to harrest You but to report bugs to make the plugin better.
Of course you have the freedom to say that "Ok, thanks for the report, but I don't want to deal with it." And that's fine, everybody will know what the situation is, and they can decide what to use after that.

But, Philippe is right (in my humble opinion): if something is a bug then it's a bug, if something is bad design then it's a bad design. I think that's not a problem at all. It's not the same like "This software is a piece of crap and I won't even allow my grandmother to use it". It only means that it's a bug.

(I just experienced something similar last night, when I wanted to finish something finally (2 weeks after the deadline), that it's not even finished, but it has a bug (I couldn't imagine that it could happen, talking about it to an another clever dev exposed it) that questions the whole design itself! Of course I don't have more time to deal with this, so I took a note about this bug, and I give a workaround mentioning the limitation. Is it a bug? Yes, definitely. Is it because of a bad design? Well, it could have been done in a better way )

I hope I cleared things up, I don't have time (probably nobody has) to deal with these kind of things, so that's the last time when write something like this. But I always think this.
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
It's your choice. If you don't provide any information other then "it crashes" there's nothing I can do for you.
I'll do when I'll have time for that. Cheers

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 16:12   #429
Philippe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 16
Thank you so much chros. Thank you !
I'll have a little rest anyway...
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 17:14   #430
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Thank you so much chros. Thank you !
I'll have a little rest anyway...
You don't have to thank anything, that's what I think.
Good for you! I need one as well

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 09:28   #431
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v7.1.17

What's new?
  • Added the following personal statement to the About dialog and to the projects home page at http://out-yasapi.sourceforge.net/:
  • PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROJECT IS AN EXPERIMENTAL RATHER THEN AN INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH EFFORT. THIS PROJECT IS NOT FOR YOU. IT IS FOR ME IN ORDER TO LEARN SOMETHING. IF THERE IS SOMETHING ALONG THE WAY I CAN DO FOR YOU THAT'S FINE.
Links:Note: The ordinary users of this forum don't know the whole truth and what's going on behind the scenes (and hopefully will never know). On 25.06.2016 I received a PM (I have not answered yet and I don't plan to do so) with un-deniable signs that there are plans to hijack this project. In order to protect those people writing me mails I hesitate to reveal those PM and I hope that there will be never any need for doing so. But I take the opportunity to openly answer: I have understood. And you should note that you have to put you're source code into the public with the copyright notice intact.

Who really is user Phillipe? Is he really the nice Frenchman as his user name and his hard-copies suggest? I don't know, nobody knows. After all it's just a user account. But what I know for sure is that I'm developing open source software for years and that I never faced a real user acting that aggressive as he did during the last few weeks. He rather gives the impression of systematical and professional QA.

YASAPI is my brain-child and I will take any measures to protect it. If I'm hitting the wrong I just don't care.

You should note that I'm not the silly pc nice guy. I'm the BAD guy and I have no problem you calling me accordingly. Just call me the BAD guy.

EDIT: The user for whom I developed the Extend to 24 Bit feature via private mail communications finally revealed
Quote:
I worked for many years as a Software Quality engineer

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas

Last edited by pbelkner; 1st July 2016 at 11:06.
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 12:49   #432
chros
Member
 
chros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
Note: The ordinary users of this forum don't know the whole truth and what's going on behind the scenes (and hopefully will never know). On 25.06.2016 I received a PM (I have not answered yet and I don't plan to do so) with un-deniable signs that there are plans to hijack this project. In order to protect those people writing me mails I hesitate to reveal those PM and I hope that there will be never any need for doing so. But I take the opportunity to openly answer: I have understood. And you should note that you have to put you're source code into the public with the copyright notice intact.
WTF?! I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this kind of shit.
But why do they PM anybody in the first place? It's opensource, they could do with it whatever they want without giving a notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
Who really is user Phillipe? Is he really the nice Frenchman as his user name and his hard-copies suggest? I don't know, nobody knows. After all it's just a user account. But what I know for sure is that I'm developing open source software for years and that I never faced a real user acting that aggressive as he did during the last few weeks. He rather gives the impression of systematical and professional QA.
Did you received any PM from that name? Because all I can/could see in this thread he wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
YASAPI is my brain-child and I will take any measures to protect it. If I'm hitting the wrong I just don't care.

You should note that I'm not the silly pc nice guy. I'm the BAD guy and I have no problem you calling me accordingly. Just call me the BAD guy.
There's only 1 thing that I don't like when there is no statement. This is a statement. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelkner View Post
EDIT: The user for whom I developed the Extend to 24 Bit feature via private mail communications finally revealed
So, conclusion? Is it the same person? (since we are talking about this)
Do you want to say that those who wanted/want to hijack your project asked you to implement a feature for them in PM??? WTF?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Thanks for the new version(s), but winamp crashes again with 1.7.16/1.7.15 (I haven't tried out the rest that weren't published here) when monitor-goes-off then comes back (no audio device). Something has to be changed in the meantime..
I attached the log, hopefully you can see something in it, since debug version is also crashed.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash-is-back-when-no-device.zip (15.7 KB, 87 views)

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 20:45   #433
Stone Free
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 107
In the last couple of versions I occasionally get "Error null pointer: "yasapi_player.c" (1272)"
When I encounter a track where this happens, the next time I start winamp I can play the track that previously caused the error message.

It may be that its only AAC tracks (that the error appears on, will try and find out but the majority of my tracks are in AAC because the FLACs are meant to be on my NAS - but I don't always move them of the PC I rip with straight away)

I've also noticed that seemingly the file handle isn't getting disposed of when winamp has moved on to the next track. I know this because I'm in the process of adding ReplayGain2 values to all my tracks through Foobar, and I also tag them with dynamic range according to the DR Meter and foobar complains that another app has it open even though the song is no longer playing

Hopefully now that I've enabled the debugging that might point to the problem
Stone Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 20:53   #434
Stone Free
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 107
I also now am using in_ffsox.dll, so I might try disabling that and moving back temporarily to the MP4 Demuxer
Stone Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 02:43   #435
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
In the last couple of versions I occasionally get "Error null pointer: "yasapi_player.c" (1272)
These tests are added to prevent YASAPI from silently dying and should only appear when option Disconnect is enabled. Which YASAPI version you are using?

Please use only the latest version. I invested some effort to avoid these errors.

It would be great to have a trace.

EDIT: From v1.7.17 I have the impression that the error is caused when trying to start a new track in gapless mode and the player is in pause or underflow state. I'll try to provide a new version with a fix.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 02:49   #436
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
I also now am using in_ffsox.dll
That's great in_ffsox closely follows the example code distributed with the Winamp SDK and does not produce the strange errors reported for other input plug-ins.

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 15:31   #437
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude
 
LoRd_MuldeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere over the Slaughterhouse
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
In the last couple of versions I occasionally get "Error null pointer: "yasapi_player.c" (1272)"
When I encounter a track where this happens, the next time I start winamp I can play the track that previously caused the error message.
Same experience here. Seems to happen, every now and then, when switching to the next track. If I decide not to exit Winamp, it goes on, but one track has been skipped over. If I then go back to the skipped track, I plays fine. Latest version.

(BTW: I also sometimes see that the position slider is missing from Winamp. Will usually be fixed when next track starts)


Quote:
These tests are added to prevent YASAPI from silently dying and should only appear when option Disconnect is enabled.
Disabling "Disconnect" option doesn't seem to make difference for me. Still happens from time to time.

My Plugins: StdUtils | NSISList | CPUFeatures | ExecTimeout | KillProc
My source of inspiration: http://youtu.be/lCwY4_0W1YI
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:10   #438
pbelkner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 405
v1.7.18

What's new?
  • Some final code clean-up before moving on.
  • Development ist stalled again.
Links:Note: If you want to have you're future bug reports to be considered please make sure that they contain at least
  • YASAPI's version,
  • YASAPI's settings from the configuration dialog,
  • the input plug-in you're using,
  • the input's file format,
  • from the error message the text, the name of the sours code file and the line number in the source code file (the latter are only valid in conjunction with YASAPI's version).
  • Hesitate from hitting the OK button when ask to exit Winamp on the error message. Hit the Continue button. This most likely will just present the next error message. Post all the information regarding source file name / line number in source file you can squeeze out from dying YASAPI by hitting the Continue button again and again. These follow-up error messages are produced way down the calling stack and provide more information on the context the error was produced.
  • It's more comfortable to provide a trace from a YASAPI debug version. A trace contains most of the above information (except input plugin / input format).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Same experience here. Seems to happen, every now and then, when switching to the next track. If I decide not to exit Winamp, it goes on, but one track has been skipped over. If I then go back to the skipped track, I plays fine. Latest version.
What is happening every now and then? Which same version? This user seems to assume that I'm God and magically know everything. This makes a perfect example of a rather useless bug report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
In the last couple of versions I occasionally get "Error null pointer: "yasapi_player.c" (1272)"
When I encounter a track where this happens, the next time I start winamp I can play the track that previously caused the error message.

It may be that its only AAC tracks (that the error appears on, will try and find out but the majority of my tracks are in AAC because the FLACs are meant to be on my NAS - but I don't always move them of the PC I rip with straight away)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
I also now am using in_ffsox.dll, so I might try disabling that and moving back temporarily to the MP4 Demuxer
Contrary to the above this makes an example of a rather perfect bug report even if not each information is given explicitly. I can fill in the missing information by making educated guesses:
  • If I make the assumption that it happens in v1.7.17 and look in v17.17's file "yasapi_player.c" at line 1272 I see that exact the reported error message is produced there.
  • It's in a context only possible for gapless playback.
  • From the given statement I conclude that the user doesn't observes the bug with in_ffsox but with the build-in in_mp3.
By looking at the source code all this makes perfect sense to me and I'm able to provide a fix (which is included with v1.7.18).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Free View Post
I've also noticed that seemingly the file handle isn't getting disposed of when winamp has moved on to the next track. I know this because I'm in the process of adding ReplayGain2 values to all my tracks through Foobar, and I also tag them with dynamic range according to the DR Meter and foobar complains that another app has it open even though the song is no longer playing
What file handle? YASAPI has no concept of a file handle (except the debug version when the trace is enabled and File is checked, but this trace file is not going to interfere with Foobar). YASAPI has to maintain the connection to the WASAPI device but not to a file handle. The concept of a file handle is most likely due to the input plug-in. Do you observe this also with in_ffsox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
I attached the log, hopefully you can see something in it, since debug version is also crashed.
Thank you for the log. Unfortunately it contains no information regarding the crash. It just ends with "bytes: 7576" at the top-level. Hence there is no hint that the crash happens in YASAPI but it remains the most likely place because nobody else should have noticed the loss of the device. But are you sure? Do you really know what kinds of "hooks" other parts of the software may have installed?

Anyway, I've done the following:
  • Prevented YASAPI from writing when the connection is broken.
  • Enriched YASAPI writing debug information.
  • Close YASAPI on "PlayerNotifyOnDefaultDeviceChanged (eRender, eCommunications)" with a NULL device instead of doing nothing (cf. your trace at line 19178). Please note that this is a shot in the dark because on my site the situation never arises because if a device is un-plugged a valid follow-up is already present, hence no NULL device.
It's up to you to provide a trace with a hint that it's YASAPI crashing.

Just to quote infamous Phillipe again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Good luck with it !

Winamp v5.666 Build 3516 (x86) + in_ffsox + out_yasapi + gen_yas
pbelkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 12:10   #439
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude
 
LoRd_MuldeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere over the Slaughterhouse
Posts: 797
Quote:
What is happening every now and then?
It means: Often, but not every time.

Sometimes I can play through the entire playlist without any problem. And sometimes I get the error message after every ~2nd or ~3rd track. As said before, when it happens, then it seems to happen on track change. I never get it in the middle of a track.

Also, as said before, If I choose to not exit Winamp, the track that was supposed start is skipped and next track starts playing...

Quote:
Which same version?
As said before, I use latest version. Well, version that was "latest version" yesterday. Not today's version.


BTW: Pleaser don't understand bug reports as a defamation of your work, but rather as an attempt to help you to further improve your work. In case you are interested into further debugging this issue, you may ask for more detailed information... and it might be delivered

(I certainly don't spend a lot of time into creating detailed reports, until I know the auther is atcually interested)

My Plugins: StdUtils | NSISList | CPUFeatures | ExecTimeout | KillProc
My source of inspiration: http://youtu.be/lCwY4_0W1YI
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 19:05   #440
Aminifu
Forum King
 
Aminifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
...

BTW: Pleaser don't understand bug reports as a defamation of your work, but rather as an attempt to help you to further improve your work. In case you are interested into further debugging this issue, you may ask for more detailed information... and it might be delivered

(I certainly don't spend a lot of time into creating detailed reports, until I know the auther is atcually interested)
You started ok, but then the 'train jumped the tracks'!

Why should a developer want to spend time playing 20 questions with you? The onus is on you to provide details upfront and as many times as necessary, if you want your issues addressed, imo. Little things to you (that you feel need not be said) could make the difference in understanding what is going on.

pbelkner has put everyone on notice as to what he needs to address problems (while wasting the least amount of his time). Remember he is doing this at his own expense. Ignore his request, at your own risk. Please don't piss him off. I appreciate his contributions to the Winamp community and would hate to see him go.

Whatever time you spend generating a proper error/bug report pales in comparison to the time pbelkner spends honing his craft and working on his plug-ins (that he donates to the rest of us to enhance our use of Winamp).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump