Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 22:02   #81
nwgator

There always needs to be a source connected. I don't think there's a way to get around that. But correct me if I'm wrong DrO
Old 9th January 2013, 22:48   #82
DrO

you're correct, as soon as a DJ source disconnects, it will attempt to use the next available event until reverting back to the main playlist. so there should typically not be a gap in playback when the DJ disconnects.

so at the moment, it's working as it's meant to, since the whole point of sc_trans is to keep the stream going no matter what and i'm really not sure about changing the behaviour.

maybe it could be altered to allow for a few seconds from one DJ to another but that likely complicates things. i've made a note but i doubt it'll happen.

-daz
Old 10th January 2013, 16:39   #83
Morpheus267

Fore the next Version you can maybe a new DJ Port create and make a easy if case.

Something like this:

code:
if(dj_port1 == "connected" && dj_port2 == "connected"){
playmode = "dj";
} else {
playmode = "playlist";
}

I hope you know what i mean.
Old 10th January 2013, 16:57   #84
DrO

sorry, i'm not following what you're trying to say / ask as any active DJ connection will mean it's running in 'DJ' mode otherwise it'll use the 'playlist' mode.

-daz
Old 10th January 2013, 19:05   #85
Morpheus267

yes, this is what i mean.
And the second port is a waiting port for Shoutcast to let it know that a other dj want to continue the active dj connection.

I hope I could explain better now.
Sry for my bad English .
Old 10th January 2013, 21:44   #86
DrO

as i said in my other reply, i've made a note about delaying things but i'm not going to do that suggestion as it complicates things more than is needed especially when the last time i worked on sc_trans was about simplifying the whole port handling (which is the main issue with the DJ support at the moment).

so implementing that would be confusing as you then have to give out 2 or more ports for the DJ's to attempt to connect on (as they'll not know who is on what before attempting to connect) and then you have to prioritise them / add options to allow a connection but hold it or cache what is being sent and then use it when it's allowed - which is just confusing, complicated and counter-intuitive.

sorry but it's not going to happen as you want and as i said in my other reply, i've made a note about the delay but i don't think i'm going to implement it as it goes against what is trying to be achieved with sc_trans.

i know why you've said it but sc_trans works in the way it does since that is how we keep the stream alive without causing issues for clients (which is the whole point of things).

-daz
Old 15th January 2013, 20:03   #87
juanmanuelrojasc

hello there my friends..

i am using a 3d party server in a hosting stream company..

so from my pc only i am transmitting in 24k in mp3

do i need to install the transcoder locally or in the shoutcast server?

regards
Old 15th January 2013, 20:18   #88
DrO

it can be installed locally or on the server (if the host will allow you to install it). the main thing wherever it gets installed to is that the configuration will ensure sc_trans will point to the correct server address.

-daz
Old 5th February 2013, 19:18   #89
flatbmx

My shoutcast server has been crashing here and there due to a metadata bug that the transcoder sends it and i read that the transcoder would be updated to fix this. The error i am getting is:

std::runtime_error'
what(): XML parser error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 4

I am running transcoder build 54, I was wondering if there is a fix for this or a newer transcoder version that fixs this issue. Sadly my current playlist contains some songs that cause this issue and the radio only stays up for about 30 minutes before crashing due to this error and the transcoder sits there trying to transmit to the server that has crashed.
Old 5th February 2013, 21:08   #90
DrO

as there hasn't been a new public build released and i've absolutely no idea when there will be an update (i'm not actively working on the tools anymore), you're going to be better off fixing the metadata than waiting for an update.

-daz
Old 5th February 2013, 21:28   #91
flatbmx

Ok, i think its being caused by german characters in the album name, ill double check and see if changing the characters will fix it, ty tho, you really seem reachable here =P
Old 5th February 2013, 21:41   #92
DrO

is usually due to characters between character code 128 and 160 and anything between 0 and 31 (excluding 9, 10 and 13).

-daz
Old 26th March 2013, 01:49   #93
nwgator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
as there hasn't been a new public build released and i've absolutely no idea when there will be an update (i'm not actively working on the tools anymore), you're going to be better off fixing the metadata than waiting for an update.

-daz
That's disappointing. Will you guys ever consider making the code open source?
Old 26th March 2013, 01:56   #94
DrO

i wouldn't expect that to happen (licensing agreements and all that) and fixing the tags is the safest option irrespective of the development status of the tools. and i've only not been working on the tools (which i couldn't say why at the time) due to working on some aspects of the new Winamp product... http://www.winamp.com/labs/cloud
Old 26th March 2013, 03:53   #95
nwgator

Oh ok, made it sound like it was indefinite. My tags have been fixed for quite a while, I was talking about what you mentioned about working on it.

This new winamp seems interesting. I shall sign up!
Old 1st April 2013, 16:22   #96
neXor

is there any chance of a fix release only for the characters?

this seems to be the only (serious) Problem right now (is it?).

As a radio station that plays medieval and pagan Sounds, there are often titles ith characters like "í î" and stuff wich crashed the server up to 4 times a week...

~neX
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:37   #97
cesarlwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioprobe View Post
Is it just me or is the sample rate incorrectly detected for a DJ's incoming AAC stream? I'm sending a 64kb/s aacPlusv2 in stereo with a 44.1khz sample rate from Sam Broadcaster. My reason for thinking something is broken is because of this message in the log and the terrible audio quality that results from this particular build (as well as an older build that doesn't have this problem).
code:
resampling 22050/2 == 44100/2

Here's the relevant config info:
code:
; setup encoders
encoder_1=mp3
bitrate_1=192000
samplerate_1=44100
channels_1=2
serverip_1=192.168.0.101
serverport_1=80
password_1=xxxxxxxxxxxx
outprotocol_1=1

Yes, I know this is a waste of bandwidth... Unfortunately, it's what I'm limited to right now while I'm testing out new servers.

For your reference, here are two test streams: http://listen.audioprobe.net:80 and http://63.247.93.168:80
The first is running the old build that works well (aside from a few annoying bugs...my reason for testing out this build). The second is running the new build. The config is basically the same for both and they both have the same source configured exactly the same.
I have the same error, have a fix for it?
Old 29th November 2013, 16:16   #98
e-j

Is there anyway to confirm what ReplayGain values are being applied in the sc_trans console? Everything within my playlist has track gain values present (confirmed in foobar2000 & Winamp) but from what I'm hearing compared to the source files sc_trans is either not applying them or is seeing negative values as positive. Some tracks even sound like they're hard clipping. I have "applyreplaygain=1" set in my sc_trans.conf. Any ideas?
Old 30th November 2013, 14:40   #99
cemtex

mp3 license for transcoder

Hi,

Is it still possible to get the mp3 license to use with this transcoder?

As the original link now say shop is offline.

Any help would be great

thanks

Simon
Old 6th December 2013, 16:59   #100
DrO

it should now be working again to get the unlock codes from here - was incorrectly removed when the Winamp Pro purchase options were removed. again apologies to all about the issue that has caused.
Old 9th December 2013, 21:30   #101
cemtex

License key

Thanks for the link, all running perfect now.

I do have another question, if i wanted to run two stream with different play lists and dj logins would i need to run two different instances of trans?

thanks again
Old 9th December 2013, 21:31   #102
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemtex View Post
run two stream with different play lists and dj logins would i need to run two different instances of trans?
yes
Old 9th December 2013, 21:42   #103
cemtex

Ok thanks Dr0

am new to this so gonna have a play now thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 05:35   #104
TrexRadio

Send a message via ICQ to TrexRadio Send a message via Yahoo to TrexRadio
Quote:
it should now be working again to get the unlock codes from here - was incorrectly removed when the Winamp Pro purchase options were removed. again apologies to all about the issue that has caused.

Oh this is great!!
Old 31st December 2013, 17:31   #105
francosol

It looks like the link doesn't work anymore:
Error Number: SIT_000002
----------------------

Are there alternative links? Thanks.
Old 7th January 2014, 23:28   #106
aceole

When I go to this link http://gc.digitalriver.com/store/win...ctID.165220700

I get this:

Server Error

Error:
We are unable to perform the selected action. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Error Number: SIT_000002

Is there an ETA as to when this site will be back up for orders? Or is there another site that we can use for the time being?
Old 8th January 2014, 07:32   #107
selectah_kali

Same here... would really like to stream in mp3
Old 8th January 2014, 13:37   #108
hadi

Hello guys

Can I Stream a simple playlist to a shoutcast server with this tool from a Linux shell?

I mean a vps.
I have a vps that I can access with SSH. there are no graphic environment on the OS though. can I stream using this tool? my local connection is very bad for streaming.
Old 8th January 2014, 14:16   #109
illuz

So, what can I do to get Mp3 license key?

Do I need to buy someone else license?..
Old 8th January 2014, 14:21   #110
selectah_kali

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadi View Post
Hello guys

Can I Stream a simple playlist to a shoutcast server with this tool from a Linux shell?

I mean a vps.
I have a vps that I can access with SSH. there are no graphic environment on the OS though. can I stream using this tool? my local connection is very bad for streaming.
As far as i have seen - yes!
sc_trans can play playlists and stream this to a shoutcast server.
Also you can create a so called "calendar" file, where you can shedule different playlists for different times of the day/week/year...
Old 8th January 2014, 23:24   #111
aceole

Quote:
I am also a part of another Forum where someone posted this, and I think everyone Should do this, NOW!!!

Quote:
Looks like they are having some problems with their site...

(Digital River is the ones who run(sell) the licensing)

You can either 1. Try again later or 2. contact them about the issue on their site

You can try: 1-800-598-7450 or http://info.digitalriver.com/Contact-Us.html

ANd when you contact them give them the URL: http://gc.digitalriver.com/store/win...ctID.165220700
Old 14th January 2014, 12:38   #112
DrO

most likely the store deal has been terminated (as had already been done for Winamp) as the best guess i can provide.
Old 19th January 2014, 15:23   #113
hadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by selectah_kali View Post
As far as i have seen - yes!
sc_trans can play playlists and stream this to a shoutcast server.
Also you can create a so called "calendar" file, where you can shedule different playlists for different times of the day/week/year...

Oh god, thanks. so, I don't need a music demon or anything? just sc_trans?
I used to stream to an icecast server with mpd, and mpc. I do not like icecast at all, I want to have a similar setup with shoutcast.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions