• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seattlecubsfan
    • Sep 2011

Wifi Sync says SD card is full

Hi all,

I've gone through the forum and the bug thread, but couldn't find an answer to this question.

I just started using WinAmp on my Motorola (original) Droid. I tried to do a wireless sync, and the discovery process worked fine. I selected playlists totalling about 600 songs, so roughly 2GB, I'd say. My SD card currently has 4.7GB free, but when I try to sync, the desktop app tells me that there's not enough space to do a full sync.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • seattlecubsfan
    • Sep 2011

Oh, and USB syncing works just fine...

Comment

• KiwiBloke
      • Sep 2011

I have the same problem here with my Sony Ericsson X10 mini.

The error I got is "There is not enough space on this device to sync selected media'

no matter how small the file is.

Comment

• ambar_bs
        • Sep 2011

Kind of similar problem

Connected through WiFi. Synced songs + playlists without any problem. But the songs are getting saved in the phone memory. It'd be better if they can be saved in the card memory. Is there any setting somewhere that can customized where to save the songs?

Comment

• davidcmcbr
          • Jul 2011

Originally Posted by ambar_bs View Post
          Connected through WiFi. Synced songs + playlists without any problem. But the songs are getting saved in the phone memory. It'd be better if they can be saved in the card memory. Is there any setting somewhere that can customized where to save the songs?
          Not at the moment.
          It's not WinAmp fault. It's how Android works, it saves files by default to the phone memory (including apps).

If you connect your phone to the PC via USB cable, WinAmp will sync directly to the SD Card.

Comment

• svines
            • Jan 2009

Same thing for me at first. If you install an app like Apps2SD (which moves apps to your SD card), then wifi sync should work.

Comment

• masonmaverick
              • Sep 2012

Hey all.

I noticed many folks here struggling to sync winamp with an external SD memory card. I had the same problem. Winamp kept syncing to my Samsung S2's internal on board memory. Super frustrating...

The GOOD NEWS is that I found a really simple fix!!

Basically by default your phone will install any app to the internal memory. This is the problem. To fix this, simply make sure the winamp app is running from your sd card instead of your onboard memory.

For those of you who don't know how to do this:

1: Install android assistant(free):
              https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3NtYW5hZ2VyIl0.

2: Go to the "tools" tab

3: Click the "app to SD" button.

4:Select winamp

5: Restart your phone (i don't know if this is needed but it's what i did )

6: try again...

Happy wireless syncing!!

Comment

Working...
              X