Old 15th August 2014, 22:25   #521
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I myself will be cut off from the internet next week, and it will last many days. I have posted my status about this problem also in Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and deviantART. It will be very terrible for me, that then I cannot go online anymore.

I will not be able to see, what will happen in the Winamp World...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 22:57   #522
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
I myself will be cut off from the internet next week, and it will last many days. I have posted my status about this problem also in Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and deviantART. It will be very terrible for me, that then I cannot go online anymore.

I will not be able to see, what will happen in the Winamp World...
Ouch.. that sucks... I couldn't live without the internet. Best of luck to you.
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 23:01   #523
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You, musicf8...

The management for all houses has decided, that all 4 front houses & leased apartments will get new cables for cable TV, telephone, internet, and the old cables will be cut. Frank and I will be also without telephone...

A life without internet... It will be a nightmare for me...

Old 16th August 2014, 10:48   #524
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Sabine, for sure it will be difficult... However, maybe this is good time to try to live without internet (is that possible?) When we are offline, we suddenly discover a lot of possibilities to spend time, to meet friends etc...

PS: Of course, there is also work time, where internet is needed... You can always buy internet from telephone operator.

-Pawel
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 14:57   #525
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You, Pawel...

Emptying the shelving and cabinets and moving them away from the walls will not belong to the relaxation. Walking through a park would be much nicer. But we have to stay at home everyday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and we have to let the men in, if they want to work also in our apartment. I will not be able to call my friends to get moralic help from them, if I am in stress too much. Without telephone it is not possible. Sure, there are still a few meeting-points in our environment, if I would have the possibility to visit them. We have a simple handy for extreme emergencies, but it has no internet features.

In the evening I can take my notebook into the bed, if I am in the mood. Fortunately I can listen to my music-files also without internet. Winamp on my PC & notebook doesn't need the internet connection, if I want to play audio & video. If the weather is very good, I can sit also on the balcony. The Summer hasn't gone yet.

I hope, I will not miss too much of the newest Winamp News, if I am not here...

Old 17th August 2014, 13:52   #526
ridher94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_09 View Post
Dude, the Windows Phone market is even smaller than the Android one. There won't be enough users to warrant the development effort.
That's fool
ridher94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 21:30   #527
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamvs View Post
DrO, care to comment on my last post?

The last half was just me being cheeky with some of my humour, but I am interested to hear about the media library organisation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamvs View Post
One of the things I felt that Winamp was missing (natively), was an option to organise your media based on a set of naming rules. I know there was a 3rd party plugin (Media Library Organizer) that I used, but there was a weird glitch that messed up the tags / naming when organising by album artist. Is this something that could be looked at in terms of native support?
i assume you mean this ^^ ?

i don't think it's something that can really be considered in the near term and personally i'm not keen on trying to do things to re-organise existing files (as all too often those wanting to do it just don't have things nicely tagged, etc to start with). as in some cases it might be simpler to work from an existing plug-in implementation (which is generally known to work and then fix / iterate on top of that) or go the other route and start from scratch. but i think realistically it's not something that is likely to appear as a native function (though am aware it's been a popular request over the years).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 21:32   #528
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Seems like DrO is off the grid lately, don't know why..
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
Everyone needs a vacation... especially from the internets
which is what i was having (not sure if it's a good thing or not that me not posting for a few days was noticed).
Old 18th August 2014, 21:34   #529
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyss View Post
so what is going on with winamp? what are these belgians doing to it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
and especially when people keep asking the same questions over and over
and as i've replied to every existing post seyss has made asking the same thing (to no following response - as i expect from this as well), i think i'll just consider arbitrarily adding an extra month to the release date, so seyss has already added 4 months to things

and the last i'd checked, we're not all Belgians working on Winamp and SHOUTcast, etc - that would be like my calling all Brazilians as Portuguese i suspect (am sure i'll be corrected).
Old 19th August 2014, 17:11   #530
Milfern

http://essentialapple.com/vox-audio-...native-winamp/

Great alternative. The new winamp for mac sux.
Milfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 00:24   #531
jaripako39

When !!!!

Will you please give us an approximate start up date. This situation MUST BE just as upsetting to you folks as it is to your loyal members. It would be greatly appreciated if you would give us an informative report on the current status.
Respectfully Submitted, James R. Kowich jrkowich@hotmail.com
jaripako39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 00:31   #532
DrO

jaripako39: it has already been answered in prior posts what the best eta is for a new release - just like i've already said in the reply i specially made to your first post on this forum.

so in future please check replies that have already been made before posting the same question again (as you're doing exactly the same thing as seyss is doing by posting the same question and ignoring replies which takes away time from development).
Old 21st August 2014, 00:36   #533
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfern View Post
http://essentialapple.com/vox-audio-...native-winamp/

Great alternative. The new winamp for mac sux.
Wow, is like Winamp on Windows but 10 years later on Mac! Amazing!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 18:05   #534
trekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it will probably be at some point in early(ish) 2015 now and not by the end of 2014 as initially stated (which was always subject to change), though there is nothing stopping you from still using the current v5.666 build 3516 + 2 required plug-in patches (as from my signature) in the meanwhile.

as for pro, it will probably not be returning, with all existing pro functionality being made available to everyone. though that is subject to where it is possible to re-implement matching features e.g. h264 support can be made available to all now that the openh264 codec binary has been provided, though it is likely that some aspects (more likely the online related parts) will not be the same.

and i expect that point is likely to annoy some people and they'll likely demand a refund but i don't know how that could be done when we have no means to track pro versions anymore and all of the pro licenses were paid to AOL/partners at the time.
DrO I hope you dont mind me quoting you here. I dont come here much, and like many I was just going to ask the recurring question I know your tired of. Hopefully people will start at the last page (for a update) like I did. Then I saw you were getting frustrated LOL and did the search you ask us to do.

Anywho, I have been checking back now and then and am glad that the wait will be over (hopefully) EARLY 2015 I will and I know MANY others will be hoping for a totally awesome New? Updated? version of the coolest player on the web! Thanks.

trekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 23:16   #535
grahamvs

Thanks DrO...

It would have been nice to have native support, as I believe the pluggin is no longer supported, although I stand to be corrected on that... But I guess before you can even consider making it native or not, you gotta get Winamp released first, lol :P

Best of luck to you guys, since, as a fellow coder, I know what it's like to get someone else's project, and have to make it better when at least half the code needs to be replaced, lol...

In the mean time, I'll happily keep using the current version of Winamp, till you guys release the "bug free" version in 2015, or is it now 2020 due to everyone asking for a release date? lol :P :P :P
grahamvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 14:36   #536
anjen

I ended up here as a result of not finding the winamp droid app in the playstore when I had to buy a new phone...

Anyway...

Just wanted to pop in and thank the developers, both old and new, for nearly the past 2 decades of winamp (ok, so ~17 years) and wish you success in the new redesign. It was one of the first "free" tools that I considered worthy of financial support (I think I went "pro" in 99 or 2000) and has been chugging away on my desktops daily ever since, whether for playing mod files, MP3s, listening to Shoutcast radio, or the occasional video. (although I'll admit I never got onto the forum until relatively recently)

I'm looking forward to a new Droid app when you get to it, and yes, I realize it takes time.
anjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 19:02   #537
shiftlocked

Just want to say thanks to the forum for the linking to the first look article I wrote a while back. VOX is now up to version 2.3 and on the back of your linkage (thanks again) i'm doing a new review.

Is there any thing people would like to see screenshot wise or feature wise? I'll do my best to post to the forum as well as updating the review.
shiftlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 15:18   #538
TTopSoft

Only I would like to thank you for this wonderful work and great achievement program Winamp gave me a lot of support in the scientific research of my thanks to the professional work of this great
Further progress
Mohammed
TTopSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:34   #539
darkstrike

Just checking in on the progress - also want to WHOLEHEARTEDLY thank the devs for the their work over the last 16 years....Winamp was the first Media Player I used on Windows (Win95 back then!) that I absolutely loved and continue to use it to this day. It is probably one of the few pieces of software that I've made sure to install on EVERY computer I've owned from Win95 to WinXP to Win7 through 4 or 5 machines...

THANK YOU once again!
darkstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 23:18   #540
Duk
Major Dude

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere already, but is the exe for Winamp 5 Lite still alive anywhere on the internet. I have version 5.623 Lite installed on my computer but just realized I don't have the installer for it anymore. Oops.

Ya sorta live your life thinking this stuff will go on forever, ya know. Guess in the event of a crash I could always go back to winamp3 ... pretty sure I still have an installer for that in a cupboard around here somewhere.
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 23:23   #541
DrO

you can just get the full installer and select the 'lite' option during install. and remember to apply the 2 required plug-in updates.
Old 2nd September 2014, 23:27   #542
Duk
Major Dude

Excellent and thank you DrO. That gives me a little peace of mind. Was fretting a crash/reinstall or *gasp* a new computer purchase.
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 03:13   #543
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I thought I saw a DUK.
I did, I did see a DUK.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 18:21   #544
Talkie Toaster

Trying to grab the Android version of Winamp to reinstall it. Are there any links that are not based in an advertising hell of Facebook? Not everyone has an account in stalker land.

A supply of toasted products can be sent to whoever gives me a usable link.
Talkie Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 07:04   #545
A11ectis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
Trying to grab the Android version of Winamp to reinstall it. Are there any links that are not based in an advertising hell of Facebook?
Sent you a PM with direct link to the Facebook downloads.
No Facebook login required.
A11ectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 22:11   #546
vzvz123

Can not stream youtube videos/urls on winamp?

So I've been looking high and low for the answer to this question, even going so far as trying to download old versions of winamp to overcome the "error streaming" that always results when I try to either insert a url manually or drag the video on top of the winamp player to automatically insert the link.
It either gives me an error connecting to stream, or just says connecting for so long. Has this feature been allowed in the past, and then discontinued/halted? I'm fairly new to winamp, so if someone could help out, that would be nice.
vzvz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:29   #547
coliniain

Just joined
I too have been using winamp for years and i did buy the pro version so I could use at work. ( not looking for a rebate).
I hope that you get things going again soon as i like the simplicity of it.
I would hope that the cdg plugin still works in future versions or that it could be integrated into the main program.
no need to reply unless there is something I should know

colin
coliniain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:39   #548
DrO

i doubt you'll see a native CDG plug-in provided (despite it being one of the common things that comes in via support about karoke setup issues - which we cannot really help with), and it should still work (as long as it doesn't rely on undocumented behaviour of Winamp).
Old 25th September 2014, 07:33   #549
Meaney

Winamp 5.7

I have Winamp 5.7 which I snagged before it seems that development branch was reverted. Not sure why that happened; seems that 5.66x is the one everybody has. I grabbed 5.7 because it had a new "Date Added" parameter for smart views which works much better than trying to use "Last Updated" to see the music I've most recently added (the discussion on that parameter is here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....to_threadtools).

DrO repeatedly recommends people use 5.666 build 3516. Since 5.7 seemed never to make it out of beta I'm just curious if there's any compelling reason not to use it (I realise it's no longer available for download). I think perhaps cloud sources were introduced in 5.7, which I guess was killed when AOL brought the axe down and any cloud servers went offline.
Meaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 11:56   #550
DrO

because 5.666 is so much newer than any 5.7 beta build (especially ones that dont have the expiry code) and has everything which was in the 5.7 betas sans Winamp Cloud support (which was killed off months before the close announcement).

that's why 5.666 should be used over any 5.7 beta as its a downgrade over the 5.64/5.65/5.66x releases (more so if you go to older non limited beta versions).

its a bit confusing but as was explained at the time, we were doing 5.7 beta builds along with 5.6x builds with the difference being having Winamp Cloud support or not and trying to provide non-cloud updates for those not wanting to use that side of things whilst providing cloud updates (under the beta moniker).

hence why 5.666 is much newer than any of the 5.7 betas yet still having all of the additions found in it (as 'date added' present from 5.64).
Old 25th September 2014, 14:58   #551
mf70

My Symantec A/V program is flagging the download at:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_winamp/

as malware, the "WS.Reputation.1" program. Wierdly, AFTER it is quarantined, they say: "There is growing evidence that this file is trustworthy."

The version I got from cnet loaded without objection from Symantec.

Any comment?
mf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 15:02   #552
ChiggyChiggy

The filehippo downloader perhaps? The bundled installers that some download sites provide is often filled with adware and other crap so that could be it.

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 19:51   #553
riahc4

BTW, someone asked for the last Android version:

http://bayfiles.net/file/1l70B/2xhYj...95-v1.4.15.zip
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/32b338fd...95-v1.4.15.zip
http://www.sendmyway.com/lwaeay8uuhj....4.15.zip.html
http://rghost.net/58204549
http://ge.tt/2P299Wz1/v/0
http://hugefiles.net/upjk2oaf3sxp
http://turbobit.net/c5rr9exjw246.html
http://www.tusfiles.net/f870e0jcbrrk
http://uppit.com/lhro94c0e7g3/signed...95-v1.4.15.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!tF4R0ACa!1mI-x_...tCVioR7DBeFKFo

APK IS CLEAN. THE APK IS IN THE ZIP FILE. DOWNLOAD ONLY THE ZIP FILE AND ALWAYS SCAN WITH A UPDATED ANTIVIRUS ANYTHING YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE PUBLIC INTERNET
riahc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 05:53   #554
PPNSteve

DrO nice to see you posting from time to time and dealing with all the insanity that WinAmp users present you.

As a long time user (over 10 years) I'm also glad to see SOME movement on dev and hope to see some nice releases in the near future.
PPNSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 08:12   #555
Meaney

Quote:
because...
Thanks for the thorough response DrO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNSteve View Post
DrO nice to see you posting from time to time and dealing with all the insanity that WinAmp users present you.
I agree. Patience of a saint, sometimes.
Meaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 14:55   #556
DrO

i'm not patient, you should see (most of) my grumpy posts!
Old 27th September 2014, 05:43   #557
the SASS Man

Quote:
i'm not patient, you should see (most of) my grumpy posts!
You're awesome, DrO! Patient or not, I'd say you're the best thing to happen to all of us annoying users (And to Winamp!) since Winamp itself....

And man, am I glad you're here to save what I personally consider the single most important technological advance....

...since they invented the computer!!!

I mean, seriously...before Winamp, I was literally listening to AM radio and LP records!

You go, DrO!!!

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2014, 08:49   #558
peter55

Is the plugin section not available anymore? All old links to plugin pages show as Not Found.
peter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2014, 09:26   #559
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter55 View Post
Is the plugin section not available anymore? All old links to plugin pages show as Not Found.
I could be mistaken here but i remember there was talk on the forums of everything from the plugin site being archived and put on the Wayback Machine, so if that is true you can put the link of the plugin in the Wayback Machine and it should still work/ let you download said plugin.

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2014, 10:27   #560
peter55

Thanks, for the info.

I am looking for a plugin that can record radio stream and a pluging that can display the Playlists in two sections: Playlist Titles and section with the songs in selected playlist titles. I am talking about the Playlists option that is in Media Library not the Playlist tab.

Anyone know about plugins that can do this?
peter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion