• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildex999
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by sankt
    Wildex999,

Could you add your NSVlib as a module to the latest version of VLC, for encoding ?
    I haven't seen the VLC source, so I don't know, but I can take a look at it when I get the time

Note: Wow, have we gone off-topic =D
    CROSS PLATFORM C++ NSV Library | NSV Demuxer | NSV Muxer:
    On SourceForge.net HERE!
    NSV_Vp61_Vp62
    NSV_X264
    NSV X264 vfw version (Decoder AND Encoder)(Mirror)
    NEW: Wildex999's blog & NSV tutorials

Comment

• Smelter
      Major Dude
      • Jan 2004

You get access to the hardware decoders by providing content in the supported container and playing with the oem api. ( rtsp/rtp)

Comment

• Smelter
        Major Dude
        • Jan 2004

So, theoretically, you should be able to use VLC and transcode to rtsp output on your local host, and run a local html server. And check the way the play link is set up at youtube xml data feed. Then you can hit the local link with your iTouch player.

Comment

• wildex999
          • Jan 2007

One could probably do an on-the-run version of that for nsv encoded with vp6. Transcode using libavcodec,host localy and then pass it into the built in flash/YouTube player. But the built in h264 player is limited to specially encoded files :/
          On SourceForge.net HERE!
          NSV_Vp61_Vp62
          NSV_X264

Comment

• Smelter
            Major Dude
            • Jan 2004

mux and de mux code is here

GDCL develops and advises on digital video software for DirectShow and AV Foundation

Comment

• bored_womble
              Winamp's Womble
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Jkey
              I dont see a ban.

Im still not sure about the open source java based server
              it had limitations that still have not been addressed.
              There are far easyier solutions to stream content and for flash remoting out there that dont require you to jump through hoops or stalk maillists waiting for solutions.

The open source flash projects, some of which I have been involved with, are unfortunately hampered by the changes made by Adobe on a semi regular basis.

Also, and this is the real kicker, many people involved think it will be relatively simple but takes much longer than expected and move on to other projects.

Writing a semi compliant TCP server for Flash objects is not easy.

BW
              Without open minds the world will die. Open yours and correct the mistakes you are making right now.

Comment

• Jkey
                Forum King
                • Jul 2004

That told me

Thanks for the input
                So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Comment

• Smelter
                  Major Dude
                  • Jan 2004

in a choice between semi regular developments versus complete stagnation, I'm moving with the former.

Comment

• Jkey
                    Forum King
                    • Jul 2004

Stagnation is a word used to describe marriage.

Please use something else in regards to nsv.
                    Like:
                    Statically developed super duper format.
                    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Comment

• wildex999
                      • Jan 2007

Bah, NSV is developed in bursts =P
                      NSV just needs some love from management, get the ball rolling... Like say, by getting Shoutcast TV server open-source?
                      On SourceForge.net HERE!
                      NSV_Vp61_Vp62
                      NSV_X264

Comment

• sankt
                        • Apr 2003

You can stream NSV with the open source Icecast media server, the UltraVox server is also open source.
                        Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - www.ScenicTelevision.com

Comment

• Drabarno
                          • Apr 2006

Sorry dor the delayed response...

Originally Posted by Jkey View Post
                          Use flash media to deliver your lectures if you require an on demand service.

SHOUTcast tv/nsv has its limits it would be a shame if you had to re-encode all your lectures again in the future.

I would love to know what smelter said that made a mod edit it ?(just out of intrest)
                          - I used the flash since I already had it in flash. they are small/easy to convert. and run on most devices. I should have noted, I was working on this project for other students like me which wanted to stream our courses online. I am taking Anthropology. Not many in this field. but flash worked fine in most cases but people were stealing the lectures in flash since it stored locally. NSV worked on PCs, iphone, and other devices (some glitches on WP7, but that is being fixed) yeah, shoutcast video/audio works on WP7. when I was former IT we used to use NSV because we noted it bypasses most video filters. [it looks just like normal data, not media data, so most people don't try to steal it. also it runs nice without losing much quality, and we have ways to add our logos and stuff.] being as some phone don't have much storage is why I want to use shoutcast. I can't afford all those fancy gadgets with expanded drives. The lectures I was converting are old college archive materials we converted to digital so the original taps and LP's can be stored in the archive vaults. (on campuses nation wide we are seeing the most stolen material are the archives. and we saw they use a grabber or website off-line tool. the tools don't grab the NSV files we noted.)

Comment

• Drabarno
                            • Apr 2006

I've used that...

Originally Posted by wildex999 View Post
                            Heh, been there, tried that.
                            Unless Apple provides us(Iphone OS) with the tools to access their hardware video/audio decoder, that won't be possible on any iphone/ipod before Iphone 3GS(3GS has some arm cpu instructions that help decoding)

I tried writing a quick test to see if it worked with my Ipod Touch 2G, and while it does decode, and at times can actually be watchable, it won't seem to decode more than 10-13fps with any codecs(VP3, VP6 or H264), it might be that there just needs to be some extra optimizations needed to make it work, maybe I'll look more into it later

Or for those who want to try, here is the source:
                            Get a new domain name for your startup. Quick and professional service. Seamless domain transfers.

Including libNSV and instructions on how to build ffmpeg(libavcodec).
                            The decoding is happening in the file EAGLView.m under Classes.

have fun ^^
                            P.S(Joining the flash battle): Flash has realy slow video decoders, thats what ya get for trying to be cross-platform.
                            I like you know your tools. what people seem to not notice is in the GNU we are already using modern Codecs within the NSV formats. it isn't complicated. all you do is take theoriginal, format to output in updated codecs of most peoples choice. We used the "standard psx since it plays on iphone, pc, and even palm and windows phones." then run our nsv converter with an free add-in from sourceforge and ooh, we have HD quailty in small files. runs smooth, doesn't have to store locally, which is important in my area where like every five minutes the airport seems to interfere with wifi or if we are on the bus. good wifi, be we wanted a 3g/4g network to also run nice. downloads on the move suck n 4g. the networks switch like every 2minutes cutting off your downloads. with shoutcast it picks up with nothing more then a few microseconds of lag, hardly noticed by most people.

Comment

Working...
                            X