Old 22nd January 2008, 21:13   #1
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Heath Ledger Dead at 28 Years Old

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...is-found-dead/
----------------------------------------------------------

Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities.

The police said they did not suspect foul play. Officials said pills were found near the body.

Mr. Ledger, a native of Perth, Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a short story by Annie Proulx about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”

Mr. Ledger met the actress Michelle Williams while filming ‘’Brokeback Mountain.” The two actors fell into a romance and moved to Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, where their comings and goings were widely noted by paparazzi. They had a daughter, Matilda Rose, who was born on Oct. 28, 2005. The couple separated last year.

In an interview in London for an article published in November, Mr. Ledger said told The New York Times, ‘’I feel like I’m wasting time if I repeat myself.” He said in the interview that he was not proud of his latest role, in Todd Haynes’s “I’m Not There,” in which Mr. Ledger was one of a half-dozen actors depicting the musician Bob Dylan. ‘’I feel the same way about everything I do. The day I say, ‘It’s good’ is the day I should start doing something else,” said in the interview.

Calls by The Times to Mara Buxbaum, a publicist for Mr. Ledger, and Steve Alexander, the actor’s agent, were not immediately returned this afternoon.
--------------------------------------------------------

Too bad. I hope The Dark Knight was finished filming, I was looking forward to him playing Joker.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:34   #2
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

WTF?
You've got everything going for you in life and it sucks?
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:24   #3
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

I feel bad for that little baby who'll grow up without her daddy.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:05   #4
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
WTF?
You've got everything going for you in life and it sucks?
Just goes to show that the old canard, "money can't buy happiness" is true. Being a big star, making lotsa dough, having high-end girlfriends and general movie star adoration everywhere you turn, doesn't mean at 3am when you can't sleep you aren't depressed about the meaning of life and your place therein.

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:00   #5
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I'm sorry he's dead! He did great work in Brokeback!
But... is God's(as you know it to be) way of saying "You're making too much money!"
I know they found pills...but
"Jackie is just speeding away
Thought she was james dean for a day

Then I guess she had to crash
Valium would have helped that dash
She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side.."
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:32   #6
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
Just goes to show that the old canard, "money can't buy happiness" is true. Being a big star, making lotsa dough, having high-end girlfriends and general movie star adoration everywhere you turn, doesn't mean at 3am when you can't sleep you aren't depressed about the meaning of life and your place therein.
Well said.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 07:17   #7
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
I just saw a CNN report that the Autopsy is a mystery as he was treated for pneumonia not too long before he died. They think that it could have been a mix of medication but I guess everyone will have to wait for the toxicology reports.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ead/index.html
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2008, 09:57   #8
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

They also found a "rolled-up" twenty and some baggies!'
Source
Old 29th January 2008, 14:12   #9
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

This thread reminds me of how happy I've been since ROH got the boot. We haven't had to listen to him hijack teh thread with a rant about HL's death being the fault somehow of librul california hippies or Hillary or something.

I still feel bad for his kids. he was only like, 28 or so. He had a lot of life still in front of him.

Old 29th January 2008, 14:16   #10
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by Widdykats
They also found a "rolled-up" twenty and some baggies!'
Source
The article in your link says nothing about "baggies." Indeed quite the opposite.

.A post-mortem examination was performed on the 28-year-old Australian actor after he was found lying naked, face-down in his bed in a rented loft apartment in New York on Tuesday, with bottles of prescription anti-anxiety pills and sleeping medication nearby.

Police also recovered a rolled-up $20 bill, but said that it bore no visible drug residue and that no illegal narcotics were found. “The nature of the way the bill was folded might indicate it was possibly used for drugs,” Ray Kelly, the New York police commissioner, said.

Old 31st January 2008, 08:26   #11
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

There's just so many conflicting stories coming out of the media, and now a "video" has been released of Heath doing some kind of drug.

It's a damn shame how this has turned into a complete circus.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 15:28   #12
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
The article in your link says nothing about "baggies." Indeed quite the opposite.

.A post-mortem examination was performed on the 28-year-old Australian actor after he was found lying naked, face-down in his bed in a rented loft apartment in New York on Tuesday, with bottles of prescription anti-anxiety pills and sleeping medication nearby.

Police also recovered a rolled-up $20 bill, but said that it bore no visible drug residue and that no illegal narcotics were found. “The nature of the way the bill was folded might indicate it was possibly used for drugs,” Ray Kelly, the New York police commissioner, said.
You are right about that source not mentioning any baggies.
I believe ABC and Newsday(NY Newspaper) mentioned baggies.
Please believe me when I say I'm sorry he is dead. He was only Twenty-eight years old, and very talented. People die in NY all the time from drug overdoses and no one gives a shit because, unfortunately, they are poor and drug abusers.
Old 6th February 2008, 17:16   #13
Namelessv1
Forum King

Accidental drug mix killed Ledger

Quote:
Hollywood actor Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of six different types of prescription drugs, New York authorities have revealed.

The Brokeback Mountain actor, 28, was found dead in January in an apartment he had been renting in Manhattan.

The city medical examiner's spokeswoman said Ledger died "as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects" of the different drugs.

They include painkiller Oxycontin and anti-anxiety drugs Valium and *****.

Spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said: "What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together."

Traces of painkiller ibuprofen and sleeping pills, Restoril and Unisom, were also found in Ledger's blood.

Ledger's father Kim said: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy.

"Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Some of the prescription drugs were found near his body when it was discovered by his masseuse after she arrived for an appointment.

Ledger's body has been flown home to Australia for a private burial - expected to take place in his home town of Perth this weekend. A public memorial service is also planned in Los Angeles.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7231084.stm
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 17:27   #14
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Same story..a different take
Here
"Mr Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, ***********, diazepam, temazepam, **********, and doxylamine," the city's chief medical examiner's office said in a statement."
Anna Whatsherfuck died of " Prescription" meds also.
It's still very sad, indeed.
Old 6th February 2008, 18:09   #15
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

people are too freaking over-medicated. I realize the guy was depressed and having trouble sleeping, but sheesh that's a big pile of drugs to calm the poor guy down and help him get a good night's sleep.

Old 6th February 2008, 19:46   #16
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Ya, a good shot of JD usually works for me if the sandman doesn't get me first...
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 19:48   #17
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Oxycodone is a narcotic pain reliever which used to be prescribed only if one had cancer or some extreme pain causing ailment. It's other use, to my knowledge, is to get high!
Old 7th February 2008, 10:22   #18
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Fo sho!
Accidental overdose is a two word term for idiotic behavior.
DARWIN!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 20:13   #19
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
Ya, a good shot of JD usually works for me if the sandman doesn't get me first...
i have a book on 15th century naval navigation and sail design that is a perfect cure for ANY bout of insomnia.

Old 7th February 2008, 21:23   #20
ujay
Forum King

Yeah, sail design was well and truly in the doldrums during that era.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 23:14   #21
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

The design stuff is actually pretty interesting with arab and spanish/euro sail technology merging to allow tacking and thus enabling getting around the horn of Africa, but the 175 pages in the middle that gets VERY detailed about rigging innovation and knot development is a real yawner.

Old 7th February 2008, 23:18   #22
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

here, if you're ever tempted to grab for the bottle of pills, go here instead.

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Reconnaiss...2429856&sr=1-3

Old 7th February 2008, 23:54   #23
ujay
Forum King

Think I'll wait 'til it's out on DVD

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News