Old 3rd June 2009, 10:49   #1
WorldMusicCafe

...currently experiencing technical difficulties...

Been streaming for 2 months now. Last 2 weeks the error message "The station you requested is currently experiencing technical difficulties." has beginning to appear. I've tried trying different web-browsers, such as Firefox and Google Chrome instead of IE, to tune in and often it has worked with some of them, leaving me with the conclusion that the error depends on faults in some, or one, of the browsers - or in my own OS.

But today - after restarting - IE and Firefox gives the errormessage again, and Chrome shows the staion but gives no sound. I can't see that I've done anything differently now than before - when it all worked fine!

When is search for "world music cafe" in the shoutcast station listing it shows and even the song right now playing shows... but when tuning in, the error message appears...

What is the most common reason for this problem?
WorldMusicCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:32   #2
Jkey
Forum King

This error has popped up before.
I have not seen it yet so i can not give a definitive answer.
My guess is it would be a temp problem with the shoutcast.com website itself.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 13:33   #3
WorldMusicCafe

Well - 2 hours after my post it all worked again...

Could the problem have something to do with how the different internet browsers are handling their cache functions - that you should empty the cache when an error of this kind appears - to be sure that you really get the the "present" and not the "past"...?
WorldMusicCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 17:53   #4
Jkey
Forum King

That would be advised.
Its not an ideal solution but for now if clearing your cache
fixes the issue then do it.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 02:29   #5
MyWLRI

Send a message via Yahoo to MyWLRI
my stream is doing that ot me now

I read this thread looking for a solution or a problem that causes that message. I'll do whatever to end the problem. At any rate, I see that message now. I did a search for my stream using the term WLRI which is a part of my stream name. I see the stream, then start the mini player, and get that tech. difficulties message. I tried restarting my PC, restarting the DNAS, Winamp and even giving it 20 minutes to clear out of the network all together. Still , there it sits. I had this problem before. I have to assume that it is a yp.shoutcast.com issue. I imagine there are thousands of streams that come online and drop offline every few minutes. Who knows? I'm just curious so that if there is something I can do to prevent it, like I said. I'll do it. We need input to solve the problem. So if you have this happen to you, send your comments? I'll update you when , if the stream I host runs as it should, minus the message.

-Christian
MyWLRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 07:11   #6
MyWLRI

Send a message via Yahoo to MyWLRI
Here it is 01:53 AM. I found a solution to the problem. I must admit, it has me a little worried, but at not very much. It appears that you have to delete temporary files from your browsers history. This is also known at "clearing the cache" files. It is important to point out that you do not need to delete them all. Just TEMPORARY files. The best way for IE users (Internet Explorer) is to open your browser to any page, even this one. Click TOOLS, Then, the FIRST OPTION should be "Delete Browsing History" A keyboard shortcut to do this is the commands Crtl+Shift+Del. Make sure "Preserve Favorites Website Data" is CHECKED and then also check mark "Temporary Internet Files" DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING ELSE. Or do so at your own risk. I noticed that after doing this and then opening a new tab, NOT A WINDOW and loading shoutcast.com then searching for my station, then clicking "TUNE IN" the mini player works. Now, keep in mind, especially if you're port forwarding, YOU CAN NOT HEAR YOUR OWN STREAM! You won't. You will need another internet connection to do that. And by that I mean, you will need another access point that is in no way affiliated with your MAIN CONNECTION, i.e. If you have a Cable, DSL, Dial-UP, you will need to get on someone elses account or get another line installed. I know, I know, it sucks. But then again the same technology you mock, is the same technology you love when it works. Computers are not people. In a nutshell, Delete temporary cache, try your stream again. If it doesn't work, try rebooting- SHUT DOWN and Power on. Not the regular shutting down procedure. If you want to be super anal about it, Unplug your PC for 30 seconds after shutting it down, then push the power button, then make sure the power button is in the OFF position and plug your PC back in. Power it up. And try again. I know there is a lot of options here. Most you will never use. If you decide on those last steps, it is advised that you see the help of someone who is educated and can help you. I know it is upsetting to you that your stream is down at the moment. Time does fix some things. Take your time. Don't stress it and try to relax. If all the above fails, try starting your own thread. I know many of the tech support crew appreciate that, and they really do help you faster that way too.
MyWLRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Site Design