Old 18th December 2009, 19:59   #1
namnam

Broadcast content based on IP Address

Hello guys! Thanks for the great cause :-)
Radio is my dream now shoutcast is affordable. What I would like to achieve is quite complicated to me. However, I think it's gravy for those of you experts out there.

Description: I want to stream content based on the region that a listener is from by IP detection. General programming would be the same for all listeners but Advertisements and informercials are broadcasted specifically for that region!

Please help! I ain't rich but I can compensate for the great help and best of all .. I'll be very grateful. Thanks in advance!
namnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:43   #2
Nick@ss

That ones a bit far out there....

I'm sitting here trying to think of an option and i cannot off the top of my head think of anything as the server is going to need to be dedicated to the region as you cannot play more than one content line through a shoutcast server.

you will need to geolock the streams and their content to the specific regions and would need to have 1 stream per region.

As a suggestion this could be done with *4 Geolocked servers and *4 scheduled content delivery servers all playing the same content and having the different adverts played at scheduled times,

There are company's that offer geo locked servers and scheduled content delivery servers including the one in my sig below if that is of any use to you.
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions