Old 8th January 2005, 08:46   #1
chuckeh
SHOUTcast Freak

What is meant by "TTSL"?

Dear users!

I have one simple question to you. On http://www.shoutcast.com/ttsl.html there are some stats.

What is the meaning of "TTSL"?
What is the meaning of "TUNE-INS"?
What is the meaning of "5-MIN-TUNE-INS"?

Some of my stations yesterday had this stats:

#77 158,602 951,243 258,132 #Musik.Club - www.RauteMusik.de - powered by www.NGZ-Server.de

158,602 TTSL
951,243 TUNE-INS
258,132 5-MIN-TUNE-INS

I guess, that my station was tuned in 950 thousand times in the last 30 days, is that right? I think, thats very much, or? Will an IP, which connects more than once be counted again and again and again there? Normally at best times, this radio station counts 600 or more listeners at the same time.

Thanks for your support.

chuckeh
chuckeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2005, 09:10   #2
Jay
Moderator Alumni

Tune-ins is just a hit count so yes multiple connects by one ip are all counted. Your more accurate stat here would be 5 minute tuneins as this removes the idea that these could be bots.

TTSL is Total Time Spent Listening which in the case of SHOUTcast is hours. This is the number of hours that all listeners have listened to your stream.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2005, 12:08   #3
Mike Rocket

Jay.... I have a question?

The TTSL hours... Are those averaged out for the month that you are currently in, or is that number an average for how ever long you have been broadcasting? The reason I asked is because a company recently asked me how many total hours do we stream per month? I am not sure how to answer that question.
Thanks for your insite.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2005, 14:23   #4
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

** Top stations by TTSL
30 day rolling total, taken from 30 days of data

Whenever you view the list, it represents the last 30 days (a month). It's not an average, it's the cumulative total of every listen event for the last 30 days. "Radio" people call this same thing TLH (total listening hours).

A listen event is not counted until it ends, so that means if you had only one listener who listened for 32 days, you would have 0 TTSL for 31 days until the listener dropped the session. At that time, your TTSL would increase by 768 (24x32) hours. You need to have 1000 hours to make the list.

"how many total hours do we stream per month?"
You give them the number you see in the list under TTSL for your station.

If you haven't been streaming for a month, or you changed the station title less than a month ago, you'll have to guess -- how you do that, I'd have no idea.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2005, 20:07   #5
chuckeh
SHOUTcast Freak

#52 276,212 955,592 283,941 #Musik.Club - www.RauteMusik.FM - powered by www.NGZ-Server.de
#111 153,718 0 0 #Musik.eXTreMe - www.RauteMusik.FM - powered by www.NGZ-Server.de
#116 148,308 0 0 #Musik.JaM - www.RauteMusik.FM - powered by www.NGZ-Server.de

Three stations here. But 2 stations with no numbers of TUNE-INS or 5-MIN-TUNE-INS. What could be the reason of this? How to fix that problem?
Old 13th May 2005, 20:33   #6
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

I thought I answered this before, but I think the lack of 5-min tune-ins and stuff has to do with the DNAS version -- Only the latest DNAS reports the TUNE-INS stats.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2005, 21:20   #7
chuckeh
SHOUTcast Freak

I do have version 1.9.5 and all streams are on the same server ...
Old 14th May 2005, 04:00   #8
SorceryKid

Actually, "TLH" is a Live365.com coined term. The industry standard acronym, including that accepted by Arbitron, is ATH (aggregate tuning hours). Whereas TTSL is somewhat less common, it is nonetheless fairly prevalent with online music services.

HTH,

--Randall

Executive Director, SWCI
www.smallwebcaster.org // Redefining Music Royalties for Small Webcasters

Legal Disclaimer: The information hereinbefore is not intended to constitute legal advice or consultation nor does it form a legally binding contract.
SorceryKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support