Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television

Old 16th August 2000, 22:33   #121
Origin

Send a message via ICQ to Origin
SDK is Software Development Kit ain't it???
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2000, 22:35   #122
Origin

Send a message via ICQ to Origin
ok today is the first time I've used the forums and I didn't notice the little page nuber thingys at the bottom ... just ignore my last msg
:0
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2000, 02:24   #123
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
Okay, this is the most useless forum i've seen. you can't post new topics, and nobody's questions get answered. Of course generally the questions are related to winamp3. Obviously it's gonna be a chance in hell if we ever get some real answers, so i suggest we just speculate based on info that we already know.
ReDVsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2000, 02:32   #124
mp3tv

yo

how does a guy get past the wall of contacts and try to schedule an interview with the winamp folks? for mp3.tv

new streaming magazine, to launch in october, on the mp3 community at large.

if you are itnerested, let me know

david@mp3.tv
mp3tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2000, 15:35   #125
dn

i've not a question, but i want to thank planet earth for two great inventions:
canna / hemp / weed / ganja and peace / hash / chuba

without this great things, i could not relax after my work and also (i suppose) the world would not have winamp .

so let us smoke together and enjoy our wonderful world

bye & greetz from 'dusty' switzerland
dn

ps: great posting, don't you think?!
dn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2000, 03:39   #126
NullVoidMan

How much is a distribution license for software developed with the SDK?
NullVoidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2000, 14:19   #127
oratem

Send a message via Yahoo to oratem
quote:
Originally posted by dn:
[b]i've not a question, but i want to thank planet earth for two great inventions:
canna / hemp / weed / ganja and peace / hash / chuba

dn,

Be careful, they're watching.
http://www.fire.net.nz/echelon.htm
oratem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2000, 04:47   #128
WolfieD

did i just put this back onto the main page?

------------------
WolfieD - Brainwashing the youth of America since 1985
www.WolfieD.cjb.net - Go there or I'll torch your house.
Old 19th September 2000, 01:26   #129
JWardell

Here's a name you might recall:
Dimitry Boldryev.

Deserves recognition. Any idea where he has disappeared to?
JWardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2000, 07:11   #130
Perplexer

Justin:

Using your joystick control plug-in for my in-car PC (MP3 and GPS). Works great for track forward / track back, but I'd love more functionality.

For example, I'd love to have a joystick button that sends a specific keyboard command to Winamp (even if Winamp/plug-in window is not active).

I run visualization plug-ins like Geiss and G-Force, and would love to map the space bar to a joypad button (to display song title in geiss) (and "T" key respectively for G-Force.)

Any plans for something like this in a future release? I'm sure everyone using the joystick control plug-in would benefir from this

In case you're wondering, my setup is a modified I-Opener (10" LCD PC) with line-out and 6GB hard drive.

Thanks!
Perplexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2000, 02:24   #131
ds22

quote:
Originally posted by Rygir:
This is probably a stupid question, but what does SDK mean?

SDK stands for: Software Development Kit

------------------
Old 13th October 2000, 03:50   #132
Junklord

Thre's no way an *.avs file can carry a virus right? God I hope not...
Junklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2000, 21:04   #133
delirium

No of course not. AVS files aren't executable.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2000, 03:56   #134
Blaziara

Yo, a little help here? Sorry to bother all you nice ppl but I'm just in need of one answer. I lost everything on the bottom part of my playlist. You know the buttons and stuff? I can't seem to get them back. Can you please help me? Sorry once again for the trouble.
--Blaziara
Blaziara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2000, 04:09   #135
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Please don't cross-post, Blaziara.
Someone'll answer your question here: http://forums.winamp.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/002423.html
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2000, 22:34   #136
delirium

Why even bother posting tech help in this forum? Most people dont even check this forum. And if they do, its like every few weeks or months.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2000, 00:34   #137
random_dg

Send a message via ICQ to random_dg
Maybe you ppl, or Justin will be kind enough to explain why most of the 3d plugins don't support 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16MB in Win2K or it just seems that Geiss,WG3D,G-Force and many more just hate me? It seems that only AVS really works fine with it
random_dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2000, 17:11   #138
mattjsimps

when is ver 3 coming out.....
can i have a beta version?
please?
please?
mattjsimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2000, 18:31   #139
Cipher

Me Cipher, me talks good to, I likes to talk. Justin talks to me, I talk back, we talks alots. He Justin, he got awnsers. Justin, how many file do you have on your Winamp, if you have Winamp, or the time to use it. And if you do, where do you get your files?

------------------
What is REAL, if your talking about things you can touch, hear, taste, smell, then REAL is nothing more than eletric impulses sent to your brain.

[This message has been edited by Cipher (edited November 15, 2000).]
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2000, 18:33   #140
Cipher

Me Cipher, me talks good to, I likes to talk. Justin talks to me, I talk back, we talks alots. He Justin, he got awnsers. Justin, how many file do you have on your Winamp, if you have Winamp, or the time to use it. And if you do, where do you get your files? It didnt post the first time, so if it shows up twice, oh well!

------------------
What is REAL, if your talking about hings you can touch, haer, taste, smell, then REAL is nothing more than eletric impulses send to your brain.
Old 15th November 2000, 18:41   #141
Cipher

Oh this is just wonderful, only JUSTIN, THE ALL KNOWING, THE ALL POWERFUL, only KING JUSTIN can delete my post, full of errors in spelling, just great, thanks JUSTIN, thanks for being a control freak. Thnaks fro making sure I catn maki speeling corections in me own dam post! Actually, Im having alot of fun with all this, how pathetic is that!
Old 16th November 2000, 23:38   #142
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
I move to get rid of this worthless forum, or make me moderate it, so I can liven it up...

------------------
Damn Baptists...
ReDVsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2000, 15:44   #143
That Myers Kid

I second that motion. But then I can't be bothered starting anything.
That Myers Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2000, 04:20   #144
Kai555

Justin, remember back in the day... back before the "new" default skin. Yea... so a real long time ago. Winamp use to have a cumulative song timer. It calculated all the minutes winamp played. It was on the about window. I can't find it there anymore, so I suppose its gone. But I think that little feature kicked ass and so do my friends. anyway... why did you take it out... I had thousands of minutes before... god knows how many I would have had now!
Kai555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2000, 17:21   #145
numair

Send a message via ICQ to numair
Justin,

Are you working on the new AOL Media Player? What's with that, man? Oh ya, and why not just put the frickin' AIM in Winamp, like that minibrowser thing? That way you'd be able to keep all the "family members" in the same app, if ya know what I mean .. =).

I've been trying to ICQ this idea to Shawn Fanning, but apparently I'm not l33t enough for him, so I thought you'd be a "second" option for my idea =). Well .. here's the idea. If you went to the CES, you'd see all these yuppie cell phones that have those kewl MP3 players on them for like ... $200 more. Basically, all those irritating Clueless-wannabe chicks have one more reason to look like they're on their cell phone .. anyways ... Why not make a phone MP3 service? It's super-useful, and people can control the list using their WAP-enabled phone. What's even better is that you super-geniuses were smart enough to create Winamp Locker, so the storage issue is a nonissue. This could be the world's cheapest / first free MP3 cellphone! Just hookup some headphones ... 1-800-4-WINAMP ... boom. The sound quality might suffer, but who cares? It's music.

Oh ya, well .. I'm sorta looking for an internship. If you need free labor, I'm here, man. BTW - nice gayass hair pics! I'm hoping gayass hair with llama pics are in the works. Don't stress yourself out, man =)
numair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2000, 01:56   #146
me damnabit!

que pasa justin! hey dude, is 2.8 version of winamp to be open for testing at all, or does it even exist?
me damnabit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2000, 05:54   #147
Darkthunder7585

Justin,

I have been a loyal Winamp downloader since 2.05. There are two problems with 2.7. One, it doesn't get as LOUD as it did before. I have a speaker system that can play maximum volume fine and now my parties are weaker. Two, it tends to crash a lot, mostly when it loads my Playlist. Windows Media Player is taking on the same symptoms. Possibly a shared DLL updated by 2.7 that would cause problems? You might blame Windows Media, but Windows Media has never liked Winamp's generated M3U playlist files. (I have Windows Media 7, Winamp 2.7, and Windows 98 SE on a 566MHZ Celeron).

Keep up the good work. The reason I have always preferred Winamp is it has been a quality application. (There was one version I refused to install; it would never start up on my machine. I don't know the number but this was a year ago. I'm thinking 2.2x series but I'm not sure.) Anyway, you've got a killer app, keep up the good work.

You might want to make a new Winamp download package with bundled mpeg, mov, and dvd support.

quote:
Originally posted by justin:
In case you are wondering what this is, it was a stupid idea that originated a long long long long time ago, before the sea before the snow. It was pretty much cannabalized by Ask Steeves, I mean, Ask The Steves. But really what it is is a forum for you to ask questions and have me answer them. But damn them Steves. But I should hopefully answer a few a day, unlike the Steves' throughput of only a few a week. So if you have a good question for me, the (as Tom once put it) "king dick", reply to this message.

Peace,

Justin

Darkthunder7585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2000, 03:09   #148
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
quote:
Originally posted by Gui:
hearphones

??

fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2000, 23:33   #149
grim_fandango

grim_fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2000, 11:26   #150
Sam603

Well Justin It seems you are no longer Yadda Yaddaing here. You asked for good questions here. Well I have one for you. You wrote or should I say "borrowed" the region.txt file shipped with the winamp base skin. Now here is your question: How can one make the sliders in the EQ transperant and not the whole thing? I still want the base to show through.

If it isn't too much trouble would you care to answer this one?
If you are still alive that is.

If you are but don't want to answer. Just leave us a message to the likes of this:

"ON EXTENDED LEAVE - WILL BE BACK WHEN COWS START HIBERNATING"

or something of the sort.

Cheers!
Sam603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2000, 08:52   #151
oblio

no. sorry. [;

--tom

quote:
Originally posted by Gui:
Hi, no sound cards, i plug my hearphones directly on the cd.
i can listen to cds no problem,

is it possible to play mp3's via the cd-rom and the hearphones ?

if yes how ?

oblio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2001, 18:39   #152
prodangle
Major Dude

SHUT UP

No wonder Justin hasn't yada yada'd here for so long, he asks for good questions about himself, not how do you do this questions that anyone in any other forum could answer, and probably has several thousand times if you bothered looking.
So Justin, does it annoy you that this forum is being used as a tech support place????, or are you more annoyed by moaning gits like me
prodangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2001, 21:45   #153
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I think he is still laughing at us.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2001, 08:03   #154
user666

I would like to talk to someone about using winamp in a commercial situation, please e-mail me at luke_callaghan@mbox.com.au. Thank you.
user666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2001, 05:33   #155
XLR8

Send a message via ICQ to XLR8
Possible thought for the future

Im certain this would be possible and for skin developers im sure it would sound excellent. ive seen recently a vb program source for a program that had an embedded shockwave flash file but what was good about it was that the flash file could control the program, clicking parts of the image could activate functions in the program.

Might be alot of work to implement but this would greatly improve the scope for skin designers as they could design flash files and place buttons wherever they fancy and include animation in the skin for mouseovers and button clicks etc. the art is vector drawn so it would make the main window resizeable and it would make for single file skins

Afterall if it can be done in vb im possitive it could be done in another language cos vb sucks donkey balls for sure (who knows maybe itll suck less in vb .NET but i skeptical) anyway this isnt a feature request just a thought i had but maybe youll decide to give it a look i think the sample source i saw was on planet source code
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2001, 08:24   #156
meckenberg

Send a message via Yahoo to meckenberg
Did everyone in this forum just die or what???
meckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2001, 08:29   #157
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

You mean you didn't hear?! Justin recently died of a severe case of the chicken pox.
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2001, 08:34   #158
meckenberg

Send a message via Yahoo to meckenberg
Well at least someone is left...
meckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2001, 17:00   #159
Poromenos

SuperPiMP

Justin, why are you so lazy? There is SuperPiMP v1.0h on NSDN, SuperPiMP 1.0j on http://www.nullsoft.com and there is v1.1 somewhere I can't find it. Why don't you get your sorry ass off of WA3 development and upload this fine product?
Poromenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2001, 06:29   #160
pHr34kY

Send a message via ICQ to pHr34kY
Can you make AVS always on top?

Hey Justin, I really dig the Alpha Blending in the AVS, the thought occurred to me that you should make the AVS have an option for always on top. If I can see through the AVS, it really won't be in the way when I'm working. It's just that I can't work and see the AVS at the same time, which kinda bugs me coz it looks so cool.

P.S, the API call to use is 'SetWindowPos'
The parameters should be like this:

SetWindowPos, avs.hwnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, &H3

I'm a Visual Basic programmer so this may not be exactly how to use it, but the parameters should make sense.
pHr34kY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Movies and Television