Old 10th November 2006, 09:57   #41
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm
Yeah, I'm liking Ubuntu, It's easy and friendly to use. I'm still working on dual screens with it
What's the problem you're having?

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2006, 23:05   #42
tuckerm
Forum Emo

I can't get dual screens to run. Only one.
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 00:25   #43
dlichterman
Forum King

What video card is it? On my thinkpad I just plug it in and it works, but its in clone mode.

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
dlichterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 02:13   #44
tuckerm
Forum Emo

I have two vid. cards and both will work stand alone, but i cant get both to work yet, i'm still tinkering with it as of now, i'll get screenshots, etc in the morning, right now i'm going to take the night off and relax .
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 15:36   #45
dj_fender

my dads P4HT pulled a 8 when i tested her... Cool thing is it runs on a 80gb drive ... its not how you use it its the size that counts... its set for 50gb virtual memory(sometimes fraggy)

Zedtopia Forums (Now OtakuWokou)
http://www.forums-otakuwokou.uni.cc
DeviousRadioâ„¢ -Weekends @ Lunch
http://deviousradio.uni.cc
dj_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2006, 19:45   #46
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

The release version of Vista Ultimate will be available Nov. 17th on MSDN. I will try to download it if its not too busy.

If I get it, I wil be loading it on my home system over the weekend.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2006, 21:58   #47
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Update: too busy to get through. Then I did and it said it would take about 15 hours to download...

I'll try later

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2006, 03:37   #48
J.Melo

gay. half of microsoft's products don't even work, if so, they don't work properly, on their own Microsoft Windos XP Professional x64 Edition, including the windows vista upgrade advisor. microsoft is seriously one giant pain in the dick crack
J.Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2006, 13:24   #49
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
What problem are you having, specifically? I know it's the latest trend to bash Microsoft, but that doesn't mean that all of their products are crap. Usually, it's a simple PEBKAC.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 03:20   #50
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Ok, let the bitchfest continue.

I upgraded to Vista today. Upgrade went nicely after I removed Nero. Didn't tell me why I needed to but it would not let me upgrade with it installed. Could it be that Windows now includes DVD burning ability so they figure it best to block a competitor. Not sure on this one - more reading is required.

But anyway it's installed. So far I'm not seeing anything warranting the upgrade. It's XP with a slightly different look and some menu options changed or moved around. It doesn't let me use the Aero interface since obviously a Raedon with 256mb of memory and 3D capabilities isn't good enough to run it. No big deal. I'm fixing to install Symanted Corp AV since it's Vista compatible and I'd be a damn fool to run a MS product without AV protection.

So far though I'm not really impressed. After all this time there is little in improved performance, not really much in the way of new features outside of the two way firewall which I've been told I shouldn't rely on much and the taskbar at the bottom is black now. If this is what they're trying to sell for $500.00+ and you're expecting something fantastic - don't waste your money.

And no, it's not MS bashing. This is a long way from Windows 3.1 however it seems like Windows NT with all the bug fixes and a nice theme installed. A few little new features but nothing worth paying so much money for.

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 08:19   #51
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MegaRock
I upgraded to Vista today. Upgrade went nicely after I removed Nero. Didn't tell me why I needed to but it would not let me upgrade with it installed. Could it be that Windows now includes DVD burning ability so they figure it best to block a competitor. Not sure on this one - more reading is required.
Nero contains a kernel-level driver which is unlikely to work with Vista, I think. It certainly has quite a lot of system-level stuff, and that's changed considerably in Vista. I've seen Nero hose XP boxes in the past.

Quote:
But anyway it's installed. So far I'm not seeing anything warranting the upgrade. It's XP with a slightly different look and some menu options changed or moved around. It doesn't let me use the Aero interface since obviously a Raedon with 256mb of memory and 3D capabilities isn't good enough to run it. No big deal. I'm fixing to install Symanted Corp AV since it's Vista compatible and I'd be a damn fool to run a MS product without AV protection.
For Aero Glass you probably need the official ATi drivers, I'm not sure the ones which were safe enough to ship with Vista work all that well. I could be wrong about that one.

Quote:
So far though I'm not really impressed. After all this time there is little in improved performance, not really much in the way of new features outside of the two way firewall which I've been told I shouldn't rely on much and the taskbar at the bottom is black now. If this is what they're trying to sell for $500.00+ and you're expecting something fantastic - don't waste your money.
I think it would be fair to say that most of the new changes are under the surface. There's been a lot of interface touch-ups and new feature development (for example, the default apps are now on a rough par with those shipping with OSX, which makes a difference if you're not already used to using your own third-party ones), but most stuff isn't directly visible.

Quote:
And no, it's not MS bashing. This is a long way from Windows 3.1 however it seems like Windows NT with all the bug fixes and a nice theme installed. A few little new features but nothing worth paying so much money for.
I don't think I'd buy Vista as an upgrade, no, especially not yet. But if there was a reasonably low-cost upgrade option when creating a new computer (my flatmate recently ordered one and the upgrade from XP MCE was £11, or about $20-25), I'd definitely go for it.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 03:52   #52
fc*uk

I love MS....

fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2007, 04:34   #53
nakrull

winlag wishta be an os???

first of all i switshed to kubuntu 6.10 this weak
why because it suports 64bit
second linux isnt designed to fuck an lag ur hardware
so u buy new hardware every 6 months
MS has deals whit hardware manufacturers so more driver they have to build more money they make
more bugs they have more people have to fix them making more money for their companies
the vista security whatsoever all the time will give u a lousy score thats its idea so u buy more hardware
exactly the nero tipe of thing posted above
no buying ore anithing i downloaded the kubuntu cd burned it and here i am whit konqueror no explorer unsecure whit troyans addware malweare and shit

www.ubuntu.com or directly www.kubuntu.org

kubuntu has bugs but at least u dont have to buy them
if ur having dualscreen probs u should check the ubuntu forums
just to say for gamers
quake4 and doom3 runs bether in the linux emulator than it does in win xp pro 64 bit at least whit my speccs or if u get it to work. i did and im a linux newby just 3 days since im playing whit it

speccs
athlon k8 64bit 3200+ 320gb sata geforce6800xt 256dd3
a8n sli-se

i must say i miss winamp but i conform whit amarok (linux media player) just one download and ALL my mp3 and videos work no licence and codec shit

if anyone has something to say to that please im open ears
use MS shit the past 12 years
hail kubuntu long live linux
nakrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2007, 20:44   #54
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Ok, first legit gripe. I notice now when I run Firefox that it looks like a fucking earthquake is going on in the browser window. Not on one site but all of them. Since I know from running FF for some time there's nothing at all wrong with their browser it's pretty clear MS has done something to make the other browser 'malfunction'. Running the absolute latest version of FF and the RTM of Vista.

So to date I have noticed that according to Vista Incredimail is not compatible with Vista and it should be removed (however it installed and worked fine), Nero will not work with Vista (however it is installed and working perfectly) and Firefox is obviously not compatible with it either (works fine outside of the jittering). Strange how all three involve something included in Vista (DVD burning software, e-mail software and browser).

And the MS anticompetitive strategy continues...

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist